Death of the Territories

Hello my man.

I randomly had a look and noticed there's a new game coming out. So I'm back! :)

Alvarus you say, I might get in contact. D. Boon's Ghost still a feature on the boards? I remember his Death of the Territories mod being spectacularly good and I wouldn't have bothered if he was taking a run at it again.

But will if not, know what I mean.

Hello my man.

I randomly had a look and noticed there's a new game coming out. So I'm back! :)

Alvarus you say, I might get in contact. D. Boon's Ghost still a feature on the boards? I remember his Death of the Territories mod being spectacularly good and I wouldn't have bothered if he was taking a run at it again.

I only just returned myself mate :) so not sure about DBoon.

Great to see you're getting back into modding.... If you're doing something from that period more therm welcome to use whatever you need from TGA. It's set in '87 could come in handy.

Also, love the new avatar!

Hello my man.

I don't think we saw D Bon during the 2013 mod days did we. I recall converting the old DOTT across to 2013 as a stop gap. Helping with the UK data for DOTT and doing the hours AND HOURS of testing was some of my favourite time playing the TEW series of games. In 13 we also had a superb 1970 mod, which had some very useful UK based detail.

D Boon is 'retired' from the mod scene I believe, but in addition to 1983 Alvarus was working on 1980 mod for TEW 13, which I believe is further along that the 83 mod currently and would be the perfect fit for TEW 16 since 1980 was a really great time for the territories and the new features lend themselves well to that era too.

Really hoping things pan out for either the 80 or 83 mod.

I mean, its all already there on 2013, only needs to be imported with a few tweaks.

Might need to review the list of updates for 2016. It looks like it is going to be a lot of work. Believe he said it will eventually get updated, but he's working on 1980 first. It's an amazing mod for 13.

I've done some preliminary research and I'm really not sure when to start the mod. There appears to be a lot of love for 1983 (which I believe is the original DoTT start date). Or basically earlier than 1985.

Anyone care to explain why it's more appealing? Is it the availability of Hulkster, or the 'not-yet-too-powerful' McMahon. It just seems to me that the birth of Wrestlemania with Hogan already a household name would be awesome.

I am however happy to bend to the popular opinion.

As for basing it on other mods. I'm going to avoid doing that as much as I can, because I always find Frankenstein mods from others are messy and rarely consistent. That being said, I will likely pilfer TV channels and all that other background statistical info to reduce the workload.

Tsu - If you can help with the UK scene I'd be really happy. I have no knowledge or interest in that particular area, but would be good to include it if you fancy?

Things we need to make this happen:

A definitive start date

Japan Data

Mexico Data

Images (I presume following release there's going to be lots of these available anyway, so it's less urgent)

Bios (Is this still a thing, or does the game have capacity for auto-bios yet)

Full list of rosters (I'm guessing Obsessedwithwrestling is still the best place)

Am I missing something obvious?

I've done some preliminary research and I'm really not sure when to start the mod. There appears to be a lot of love for 1983 (which I believe is the original DoTT start date). Or basically earlier than 1985.

Anyone care to explain why it's more appealing? Is it the availability of Hulkster, or the 'not-yet-too-powerful' McMahon. It just seems to me that the birth of Wrestlemania with Hogan already a household name would be awesome.

It's called Death Of The Territories, answer is in the name :) There are a few reasons 1983 is a great year to play...

For TEW there aren't many better times to make a mod, the territory system in TEW16 will work even better with a mod set in '83.

The talent that was spread around the territory system is legendary for a reason.

Kayfabe was in it's last real waning years.

Some legendary wrestlers were still active (Dick the Bruiser, Magnum TA etc).

The industry as a whole was just very different before WWF's expansion and '83 is the best year that blends that environment with a familiarity that can't be matched by any year prior.... unless of course I'm wrong in thinking the vast majority of TEW players aren't over 80. :p

Personally I think for Death of the Territories the best starting point is 1982 when Vince bought the company. This way you have the options of;

Reliving history - Build the WWF into the power they became

Protect the territories - Keep the NWA alliance strong and try to save the territory system

Recreating History - Take Vince down before he even gets started as the AWA. They do have a certain character on their roster to help this happen.

Another point could be 1983 when Vince left the NWA, although he had already started infringing on the other territories by this point.

I had created a 1920s mod on TEW2013 for a watcher game and had some of the early pioneers in it. Researching the wrestlers is not a problem but accuracy of attributes etc will be. I might think about resurrecting it for 2016, depending on how things play out with the new features.

I would love to complete a mod, but I just don't have that level of patience. I get a few rosters right, but the stats are extremely difficult for me. Like, I know if someone is good or not (at least in my own view of the worker) but what makes them an 80 and what makes them an 85?

Archived