Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

As someone who's never played TEW before I am starting a 4C game to get the hang of things before a good RW mod comes out. They are a regional company and I'm just curious if you can get a TV at regional? It looks like I can't be want to make sure. Do I need to advance to cult or just grow more in my specific region?

As someone who's never played TEW before I am starting a 4C game to get the hang of things before a good RW mod comes out. They are a regional company and I'm just curious if you can get a TV at regional? It looks like I can't be want to make sure. Do I need to advance to cult or just grow more in my specific region?

It all depends on the available broadcasters. Can't say for sure without checking, but I don't think there are any Canadian commercial broadcasters that will deal with a regional company. Its easy enough to check in the Broadcasters section of the Control Room - just filter by Will Negotiate.

Am I crazy or, in TEW 2013, when you used to look through the various pictures for different workers, each letter you typed would be remembered?

So if I was looking for a Tommy Cornell alt and I typed "T" it would take me to the T section. Then is if I typed an "O" it would take me to the "To" section. In TEW 2016, each letter you type resets the search. So typing "T" takes you to the T section, but if you type "O" it moves you to the O section.

Am I misremembering this, or did it change?

I have the same issue, no matter how fast I type. I think it is computer specific though, as I am on different hardware than in the past.

It's possible, but it depends on the broadcaster. If memory serves, the smallest broadcaster in Canada is Canadian I-Broadcasting (other than the pretty pointless Q-TV), and they require 32 pop in all regions of Canada.

Default 4C could probably get on Q-TV. As long as you avoid actually running shows in Quebec, it's kinda useful. A bit. Just don't sign too long a contract.

There's Public Access Select, too, but I think they're slightly higher requirements than CiB and you need some American popularity too.

Edit: Oh! Channel 6. 28 Pop in 4 regions, so 4C are halfway there, and they also cover the UK (which is of dubious benefit to you right now :p).

The easiest channel to get on overall is Australia Channel 3, I think. Though that's not much use if you're 4C.

Edit: Nope, Canal Tres in Mexico. You just need to be a Mexican regional company, they don't care. :p

Do skins from TEW 13 work with TEW 16? Specifically the task bar buttons. I much prefer to have names vs the symbols.

The taskbar folder is pretty much the only one that you CAN transfer without a ton of editing, but you still need to do a bit of work. You'll need a second copy of the taskbar with the filename taskbar_date.jpg, and you might need to add a lighter area to it so you can see the current date easily. Look in the 2016 taskbar folder to see what I mean.

The taskbar buttons themselves are the same.

How long do match lengths have to be now

If you click the ? button next to the match length slider it'll tell you. ;)

Match lengths are very relaxed in 2016. As a rough guide: Lower card matches are under 10 minutes, midcard matches are 10-20 minutes and main events are 20+. There's a lot of leeway though, you only get penalised if you go ridiculously far away from the guidelines (20 minute openers, or 3 minute main events).

Feel free to use whatever length matches you feel are appropriate.

If you click the ? button next to the match length slider it'll tell you. ;)

Match lengths are very relaxed in 2016. As a rough guide: Lower card matches are under 10 minutes, midcard matches are 10-20 minutes and main events are 20+. There's a lot of leeway though, you only get penalised if you go ridiculously far away from the guidelines (20 minute openers, or 3 minute main events).

Feel free to use whatever length matches you feel are appropriate.

Regarding the openers, is that determined by match order or the participants? For example if I replicated Bryan/HHH at Wrestlemania 30 would that be penalised, or would the game recognise that the players involved are big deals and allow it?

Regarding the openers, is that determined by match order or the participants? For example if I replicated Bryan/HHH at Wrestlemania 30 would that be penalised, or would the game recognise that the players involved are big deals and allow it?

I'd assume the pushes of the workers would factor into it, so if it was a 20 minute opener between two enhancement talents compared to an opener of two Upper Midcarders, it'd just be a matter of push more than time.

First time playing a TEW game after playing EWR all this time.

I downloaded a real world mod and installed it, along with the picture pack following the instructions on the mod forum.

My question is, do pictures work differently now? I noticed when I started a game, most of the workers don't have pictures even though their pictures are in the picture folder. Is it due to the real name aspect of the game not matching with the "work name" file names of the pictures? Is there a way to make it so the workers match with the file names without having to manually adjust everyone one by one?

Thank you.

So my question is simple. How much more is a written contract valued over a PPA contract?

Say a rival company offers my Main Event star a Written Contract valued at $1 000 how high would I have to make the PPA cost, and Downside cost.

So my question is simple. How much more is a written contract valued over a PPA contract?

Say a rival company offers my Main Event star a Written Contract valued at $1 000 how high would I have to make the PPA cost, and Downside cost.

PPA will likely never be more valued than a written contract

First time playing a TEW game after playing EWR all this time.

I downloaded a real world mod and installed it, along with the picture pack following the instructions on the mod forum.

My question is, do pictures work differently now? I noticed when I started a game, most of the workers don't have pictures even though their pictures are in the picture folder. Is it due to the real name aspect of the game not matching with the "work name" file names of the pictures? Is there a way to make it so the workers match with the file names without having to manually adjust everyone one by one?

Thank you.

Which Mod are you using?? I haven't had a problem with pictures in a single mod I've converted and I've converted Montreal Aftermath, January 1999, WCW Lives and 2004 (I think that's Ruthless Aggression).

All Mods work swimmingly too AFAIC, so not real sure why there's still a general reluctance to use Real World Mods.

Which Mod are you using?? I haven't had a problem with pictures in a single mod I've converted and I've converted Montreal Aftermath, January 1999, WCW Lives and 2004 (I think that's Ruthless Aggression).

All Mods work swimmingly too AFAIC, so not real sure why there's still a general reluctance to use Real World Mods.

I figured it out. I didn't load the pictures correctly. Thank you for the help though.

There's a lot of stuff to get used to but should be fun getting used to it.

what exactly are organic biographies?

Organic biographies are computer-generated biographies that will change over time depending on what the worker is up to. They're the default option for any newly-generated workers. They all mention different things to keep it interesting, but usually you'll see mentions of things like the worker's finisher, his general skillset, his gimmick performance skills, etc.

Does anyone know if defunct promotions can be revived randomly by the AI, or is that impossible? Just a random thought that came to me while working on a mod. (I know that you can set them to open again, which I considered doing to STAMPEDE with Bret Hart to give Canada a promotion)

The AI won't re-open defunct promotions by itself, no.

It's based on the workers involved, the card position has no relevance at all. Bryan/HHH would be a main event match for the purposes of match times, wherever it is on the card.

Generally (I can't remember exactly), a main event match is a match where all the participants are above midcard and at least one is a main eventer. A midcard match is one where nobody is a main eventer and one worker is above lower midcard, and a lower card match is a match where both participants are lower midcard or below.

I'd be amazed if that was actually correct, but that's the general idea. :p

I hate to request things but I'm away from home, and therefore TEW, for a few days and I can't keep it off my mind!

Can someone upload me a copy of a database export for the C-Verse? Preferably Day 1, but not that fussed.

Huge thanks in advance.

Generally (I can't remember exactly), a main event match is a match where all the participants are above midcard and at least one is a main eventer. A midcard match is one where nobody is a main eventer and one worker is above lower midcard, and a lower card match is a match where both participants are lower midcard or below.

I'd be amazed if that was actually correct, but that's the general idea. :p

Assuming it's same as 2013, it goes on top two.

Major - 2 MEs or 1 ME 1 UM.

Midcard - 2 Midcarders or above, I'm fairly sure.

Minor - anything else (I THINK, but am not 100% sure, that this means ME singles match vs LM/Opener or ET is minor.)

Do workers stats improve in freestyle angels if you don't set a "rated on" attribute? E. g. you have worker A rated on entertainment, worker B rated on Menace and worker C not rated on anything, can worker C improve in menace, entertainment or other stats?