Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

short matches have a limit of how high they can be rated. give them 20-25 minutes and you'll probably see better grades.

Is it 20 you can get the higher performance ceiling?

I've been putting matches at 21mins. just to be safe.

Like, when the road note description says a technical masterclass match has to be at least 15mins. And you set the match to 15mins. (Mostly because your best technician has a Stamina C-) But then the result note says the match was too short. So I set it at 16mins. and all is good (but the worker gets stamina loss).

Is there some kind of help file for TEW 2016? I'd really like to get better at properly constructing a card, learning how to use the different types of match styles (work the crowd, calm the crowd, etc) and just overall be better at this game.

https://missouriwrestlingrevival.com/2009/11/23/chapter-10-booking-101-by-matt-murphy/

I'd highly recommend this series for a RL perspective on Booking, from a guy who co-produced with Harley Race. It also gives a sense of verisimilitude to the game as many relevant points come across in game rather well.

Aside from the main event, the first match is the most important match on the card. It sets the tone for the rest of the night, so you don’t want a spot-fest but you want something that really gets the crowd into it. I want two dependable wrestlers, a babyface and a heel who I know I can count on to deliver a good opener with good crowd response. I’m going with Kofi Kingston vs. Chavo Guerrero, with Kofi going over.

Second, I want a decent match using a less-experienced wrestler who I can push at some point down the road. I also need a decent veteran to lead him through a good match. I’ll put Mike Knox over Stevie Richards here.

Since I went with a slower-paced second match, I need to speed things up before we take an intermission. I want an upper-card wrestler defeating an inferior opponent: I think it’s healthy to pull a main-eventer down the card sometimes to give him strong wins. I’ll put MVP over on Jimmy Wang Yang in this match

Coming out of the intermission, I need something to get fans’ attention. They’ve stood in line to use the restroom, bought merchandise, and have been waiting patiently for the show to resume. This will be a gimmick match, in this case a Divas contest between Mickie James and Beth Phoenix. Since my last two matches saw heels go over, I need Mickie, the babyface, to win this one.

Now we’re coming into the home stretch of the night, but I might want one more intermission before the main event, so I’ll put a tag team match in here so I can get some time out of it. It also needs to have a little star power since it’s on next-to-last. I’ll put Edge and Randy Orton against Matt and Jeff Hardy. One of my top matches next month will be Edge vs. Orton, so I will have Edge cause Orton to get pinned here. Edge will try to apologize, but Orton will hit the RKO and leave Edge lying in the ring, setting the stage for their upcoming match.

Now it’s time for the main event. This is the match everybody paid to see, so I really need it to deliver. At the same time, I need to leave fans eager to buy tickets for next month’s event. I’ll have Umaga vs. The Undertaker for the World Title, with a double-DQ finish. They will continue to brawl wildly until the locker rooms empty (except Edge, Orton, and the Divas) to break them up. The authority figure will come out and make the announcement that next month will be a rematch, but next time anything goes. It will be a no-DQ Last Man Standing match.

This is a solid house show. Fans have got their money’s worth, had their hunger satisfied without getting a bellyache. There was some good wrestling, some flying, some eye candy (not to mention both of those Divas can work), an interesting story in a heel team set to battle each other (though it’s usually a bad idea because the fans have nobody to care about, these two are over enough to be a draw), and the drawing card, a gimmick match next month that relates directly to the finish of this main event. You usually want to leave something unresolved so you don’t have to start from scratch next time.

https://missouriwrestlingrevival.com/2009/11/23/chapter-10-booking-101-by-matt-murphy/

I'd highly recommend this series for a RL perspective on Booking, from a guy who co-produced with Harley Race. It also gives a sense of verisimilitude to the game as many relevant points come across in game rather well.

Fantastic read. Made me feel like I understood more about wrestling than I thought since it spells out things that I do in my games but couldn't really quantify why besides "I saw it work on TV".

Fantastic read. Made me feel like I understood more about wrestling than I thought since it spells out things that I do in my games but couldn't really quantify why besides "I saw it work on TV".

Glad you liked it :D

Now, I had a Worker come to me (or rather my assistant window) with a morale issue. I talked to them and they were upset about their poor gimmick. So I look at their gimmick window ... it's their default gimmick. :eek: Basically the one they wanted to use. (I never gave it to them)

:confused: What do you do about this? :confused:

Do the loading screen colors mean anything? It seems every few times I advance the time, the screen will be green, blue, or red. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems to be red whenever i seem to not be doing as well. But I've only noticed this for a week in-game now so it probably is a coincidence.

Do the loading screen colors mean anything? It seems every few times I advance the time, the screen will be green, blue, or red. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems to be red whenever i seem to not be doing as well. But I've only noticed this for a week in-game now so it probably is a coincidence.

No, it's randomized based on the loading screens your skin pack has

Is there a way to export angles from a Save to the default database or even another save? I know we can import from one database to another. I am about 3 years in on my SWF game and have created probably 30+ angles I like to use often. I keep thinking of starting a new game but the thought of losing all these is maddening to me. In previous versions like 2010 I would manipulate the data files to take my angles file from my save and overwrite the default database angles file with it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AngryToothpick" data-cite="AngryToothpick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do the loading screen colors mean anything? It seems every few times I advance the time, the screen will be green, blue, or red. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems to be red whenever i seem to not be doing as well. But I've only noticed this for a week in-game now so it probably is a coincidence.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the Mod forum you can actually download user made pictures to add to this. Some are extremely well done</p>

<p>My first post and I could do with a small bit of help.</p><p> </p><p>

A lot of my guys feel they deserve a better push, this is happening regularly but I'm not ready to push them higher as my upper midcard and midcard are bloated already. What makes wrestlers think they deserve a better push? Is it high momentum? As some of these guys have high momentum I could have them eat a few more pins against guys further up the card. Also would loses to guys higher up the card cause major loses to popularity, as that's the other thing I'm worried about.</p>

<p>I know that when you cancel a deal with a broadcaster for a tv-show, and that show is then off-air, there is a 6-month waiting period before you can that specific show back on air. But what if the deal simply expires? Does the 6-month waiting period still apply?</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out. You CAN let it expire and get it back on TV without waiting the 6 months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Concannon" data-cite="Concannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My first post and I could do with a small bit of help.<p> </p><p> A lot of my guys feel they deserve a better push, this is happening regularly but I'm not ready to push them higher as my upper midcard and midcard are bloated already. What makes wrestlers think they deserve a better push? Is it high momentum? As some of these guys have high momentum I could have them eat a few more pins against guys further up the card. Also would loses to guys higher up the card cause major loses to popularity, as that's the other thing I'm worried about.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its usually based on their popularity. If a guy has more popularity then someone pushed above them they typically complain</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Braylyt" data-cite="Braylyt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you raise a worker's face/heel performance?<p> </p><p> I always thought it was just about putting on (good) matches as that disposition but one of the main eventers I recently turned is actually losing face performance with each match before gaining some back again next match. (He's not on time decline and the matches are about 10-15 points above his face rating)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does anybody know the answer to this?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Also, is there a way (without using the editor) to get out of a working agreement with another company if your owner blocks it? Perhaps by running good shows in their area as an attempt to drive them out of bussines?</p>

<p>For enhancement talent should I just sign loads of rubbish wrestlers? I was using young promosing talent but after a few weeks they start to complain about their push. I want 7 or 8 enhancement talent that are just happy to have a job, like jobbers back in the day. But do enhancement talent need a certain level of skill or does it matter seeing as they are getting beaten week in, week out.</p><p> </p><p>

Also I like to have regular title changes, does this devalue the title or does it matter as long as talent are good wrestlers and popular?</p>

<p>Can they really leave?!</p><p> </p><p>

I've had 2 wrestlers under contract who were so unhappy they gave their notice.</p><p> </p><p>

But if they are under a written contract, can't I REFUSE their notice, the way we did in TEW10? (If it was the other way around, and I wanted to fire a guy under contract, I'd be obligated to pay him out, right?!)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've had 2 wrestlers under contract who were so unhappy they gave their notice.<p> </p><p> But if they are under a written contract, can't I REFUSE their notice, the way we did in TEW10? (If it was the other way around, and I wanted to fire a guy under contract, I'd be obligated to pay him out, right?!)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Check and see if they have a non compete clause in their contract. If they don't have one, they can leave before their contract expires.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Concannon" data-cite="Concannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For enhancement talent should I just sign loads of rubbish wrestlers? I was using young promosing talent but after a few weeks they start to complain about their push. I want 7 or 8 enhancement talent that are just happy to have a job, like jobbers back in the day. But do enhancement talent need a certain level of skill or does it matter seeing as they are getting beaten week in, week out.<p> </p><p> Also I like to have regular title changes, does this devalue the title or does it matter as long as talent are good wrestlers and popular?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For the first part, anyone you hire as enhancement talent will eventually gain popularity through you, if you are big enough and if you have a good broadcasting deal. So it doesn't matter who you job, eventually they're going to want to move to a better push. I guess it is better that your own good workers get popularity gain, instead of rubbish workers getting popular. </p><p> </p><p> Second part, as long as you keep having great matches and put it on popular wrestlers, it should be fine. Although, I am not sure.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Owen Rey" data-cite="Owen Rey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I send a Young Lion on excursion?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty sure it is game sided and you can't do anything about excursions.</p>

My pop in the U.S seems to be capped at 82, while Canada has now risen past it into the B+ area. I have just as much (probably more) coverage in the U.S as I do in Canada. I'm really hoping to get to international, so does anyone know how to fix this cap?