Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Keep plugging away. :) Growth is relatively slow. If you switched to numbers instead of grades, you'd see an increase faster. But going up a letter grade (say, from F- to F) isn't quick. Though obviously the lower down you are, the quicker it is.

I switched to numbers, and the popularity has either dropped or stayed the same since the beginning of the game. I'm running a show a week and an event a month. The game has been getting me to tour throughout USA with my shows and events, hitting every region. Should I ignore that and stick to one or two? (I'm at regional level)

So, I ran the event shown below and the game told me that I lost popularity in one region. I checked in the editor, it was British Columbia, the region the show was held in. I have medium coverage all over Canada for events and the popularity was at 78.0 in all regions before the show. I don't get why I only lost popularity in one region instead of the whole country.

Am I missing anything obvious? Does anyone know why this might have happened?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/Johannes_04/NOTBPW.jpg

I switched to numbers, and the popularity has either dropped or stayed the same since the beginning of the game. I'm running a show a week and an event a month. The game has been getting me to tour throughout USA with my shows and events, hitting every region. Should I ignore that and stick to one or two? (I'm at regional level)

At regional, it's definitely a bad idea to tour the entire US.

To get to Cult you only need to be popular in two regions. So My usual tactic is to pick two, and stick to them until you're near Cult (47%/D+) and then spread out from there. You probably don't want to move up to Cult until you've got a decent base an a bit of cash, because in terms of finances it's one of the hardest jumps in the game to make.

My advice would be stick to two areas until you can consistently make a profit from running shows there, and then spread out to other regions (coming back 'home' every now and then to make up for the losses you make on your other shows).

Is there a way to ensure that your development territory broadcasts its events on a company-owned broadcaster? I have a company owned broadcaster and a development territory, and I've given the development territory deals with the broadcaster for both a weekly television show and for events. The weekly show is being booked and shown on the broadcaster, and the development company is creating and holding monthly events, but the events are not being shown on the broadcaster.

Is there some setting somewhere I'm not seeing to tell my development company I want it to take advantage of the deal I've given it to show its events on my broadcaster? Do I need to have the territory's events created and scheduled before I set up the events deal with the broadcaster in order to have them shown?

In case it matters, this situation came about while I was using the demo version. I haven't tried to continue that save or fooled around with the issue using the full version of the game.

Is there any reason why some workers won't join me? Or where can I see it?

For example, the contract from Pablo Rodriguez is running out and I want to sign him with TCW, but I always get the message:

"Pablo Rodriguez has rejected your request for negotiations as he is not interested in joining TCW."

There is no explanation, why he doesn't wanna join me.

Is there any reason why some workers won't join me? Or where can I see it?

For example, the contract from Pablo Rodriguez is running out and I want to sign him with TCW, but I always get the message:

"Pablo Rodriguez has rejected your request for negotiations as he is not interested in joining TCW."

There is no explanation, why he doesn't wanna join me.

That's because he's the head booker of SOTBPW. You can't steal owners and head bookers from other companies.

How the hell do you get non-wrestlers over? Authority figures and managers NEVER seem to grow pop for me no matter how much higher their angles rate than their popularity.

This is something I've never known how to do in 10, 13 or 16 so I think its time to learn.

Its not an angle length thing either as just about every angle I book is 6 minutes out of habit.

I'm sure it's right in front of my face but how do you fire someone?

Click on the Contract of the worker. :)

Roster -> Worker -> Contract: Pay-per-appearance, $xxx per show. Click on it, then a new menu opens with "Release" button.

Does anyone having problem in gaining popularity?

I am playing with TCW and my weekly shows are nerver below 80. I had two PPVs (85 and 88) but the popularity inside the USA are is the same from when I started the game.

I know The Pop! Network is not the maximum in terms of coverage but the other channels for the prime time slot, are requesting a minimum rating of 88.

I am sure I should gain popularity, at least in region I am having the show...

If you turn 'match/angle ratio' off, how does the show rating calculate?

i.e. say my product says 80% matches but with the ratio off I book 50% matches, do the matches count 80% or 50% towards the overall show rating?

Show rating is always calculated according to what you actually book,so matches would be 50% in that example.

If you turn 'match/angle ratio' off, how does the show rating calculate?

i.e. say my product says 80% matches but with the ratio off I book 50% matches, do the matches count 80% or 50% towards the overall show rating?

It's the ACTUAL ratio of your show, which is how it works with it turned on anyway.

EDIT: Beaten to the old 1-2.

Would there be a way to have my women's wrestling be "division" while having one woman be able to wrestle men?? So basically part-division part-integrated

I think I'm right in saying the only way you could do that would be to set as integrated but only book her against men, and book the other women against each other.

I think I'm right in saying the only way you could do that would be to set as integrated but only book her against men, and book the other women against each other.

That's how I always handled the WWF in Attitude Era both for Chyna in Singles and for Mixed Tags such as Jarrett & Debra vs D'Lo & Ivory.

I assume TEW 2016 is the same.

Hey, I would really like to buy this game, I've been a fan and have purchased each one starting with 2008, but my computer is making a rattling noise so I'm afraid it will break on me. Can I save my game data to a usb and transfer the saves to a new computer once I get one, or can the save games not be transferred/played on another computer?

Hey, I would really like to buy this game, I've been a fan and have purchased each one starting with 2008, but my computer is making a rattling noise so I'm afraid it will break on me. Can I save my game data to a usb and transfer the saves to a new computer once I get one, or can the save games not be transferred/played on another computer?

Of course you can transfer files, that's basically how online multiplayer works. :p The main thing to worry about would be the elicense, which can only be registered to one computer at a time. If the computer die on you without unlincensing it then you'd hve to get in touch with Scott Vibert, but that would still be easy enough if it became necessary. :)

Not sure if this has been asked before, I did a quick forum search but couldn't see anything.

Can a worker request time off / holiday? I know you can get an email saying they feel tired and you can choose to leave them off for a show or two and you can send them on holiday yourself, but maybe a worker needs to take a month or more off to heal or something, can they request it and then start after the next show or the end of that month?

I've never seen anything like that before in 2013 so I was wondering if anyone else had come across something like that in 2013 or 2016?