Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Sorry if I've completely missed this and the answer is right in front of me.

On the National Battles screen, what do the numbers correspond to? Like my promotion has a value of 6500 (and my top five draws have their own number). What does this number mean? Is it just an arbitrary figure purely so I can compare to my rivals or is it actually calculated from something?

Again sorry if the answer is right there.

On the National Battles screen, what do the numbers correspond to? Like my promotion has a value of 6500 (and my top five draws have their own number). What does this number mean? Is it just an arbitrary figure purely so I can compare to my rivals or is it actually calculated from something?

Im not sure what the number actually comprises of but the 6500 is essentially the value (or overness?) of your top 5 draws in that area

The answer is literally right there, in the box above where the numbers are. :p Like, literally staring you in the face.

Star quality multiplied by average popularity in the corresponding game area. Your top five main eventers all count towards your overall score.

If you turn 'match/angle ratio' off, how does the show rating calculate?

i.e. say my product says 80% matches but with the ratio off I book 50% matches, do the matches count 80% or 50% towards the overall show rating?

As others have said, the show is always rated on the actual ratio between matches and angles, whether the ratios are turned on or off. In the above, your matches would count for 50% of your score.

The difference is that with the feature turned off, you won't get penalised for breaking the ratio set in your product.

The answer is literally right there, in the box above where the numbers are. :p Like, literally staring you in the face.

Star quality multiplied by average popularity in the corresponding game area. Your top five main eventers all count towards your overall score.

You know I just re-read it after posting. I was coming back now to apologise for being blind.

Thanks.

Does anyone having problem in gaining popularity?

I am playing with TCW and my weekly shows are nerver below 80. I had two PPVs (85 and 88) but the popularity inside the USA are is the same from when I started the game.

I know The Pop! Network is not the maximum in terms of coverage but the other channels for the prime time slot, are requesting a minimum rating of 88.

I am sure I should gain popularity, at least in region I am having the show...

How are the wrestling industry and the economy in the USA in your game? If they're too low, your pop gains get penalized, which would lead to your promotion not gaining any popularity even though your shows grade higher.

How are the wrestling industry and the economy in the USA in your game? If they're too low, your pop gains get penalized, which would lead to your promotion not gaining any popularity even though your shows grade higher.

Industry 36

Economy 63

Love these threads as they're always a valuable resource. Now, onto my question ..

Are there fewer Owner Goals that can be placed on you as a Booker if you play with the Fog of War feature turned on? Some, such as not being able to hire workers with lower than C in Basics, wouldn't be possible I'd imagine? Or are they simply tweaked to take FoW into account?

Love these threads as they're always a valuable resource. Now, onto my question ..

Are there fewer Owner Goals that can be placed on you as a Booker if you play with the Fog of War feature turned on? Some, such as not being able to hire workers with lower than C in Basics, wouldn't be possible I'd imagine? Or are they simply tweaked to take FoW into account?

Afaik the only goals that aren't available with FoW turned on are the exact ones you just mentioned, so the game won't restrict you from hiring people with certain skills below certain levels. They're not tweaked, they're just dismissed. To anyone else, correct me if I'm wrong.

My main even match suffered from the crowd being too burned out, any tips? Should I run a "calm the crowd" match before the main event, then hype with 1-2 angles before the main event to get it started again? I still haven't gotten used to that new match aim system it seems. :p My popularity in Tohoku is at D at the time of the show.

WEXXV Ouroboros 2016

Sunday W3, Match 2016

Attendance: 3,319

Angle A

Match C+ (too burned out match penalty!)

Angle B-

Angle C+

Match C (all out car crash or whatever)

Match D+

Angle C+

Match C

Opener Angle B-

Overall show rating B- :cool:

My main even match suffered from the crowd being too burned out, any tips? Should I run a "calm the crowd" match before the main event, then hype with 1-2 angles before the main event to get it started again? I still haven't gotten used to that new match aim system it seems. :p My popularity in Tohoku is at D at the time of the show.

WEXXV Ouroboros 2016

Sunday W3, Match 2016

Angle A

Angle B-

Angle C+

Match D+

Angle C+

Match C

Opener Angle B-

From what I've noticed (and someone with more experience can correct me) is that when a crowd is buzzing (in match notes), the match afterwards can tend to suffer from burn out. Calming the crowd after an insane match helps.

WEXXV Ouroboros 2016

Sunday W3, Match 2016

Angle A

Angle B-

Angle C+

Match D+

Angle C+

Match C

Opener Angle B-

Yep. You need some Mikey Whipwreck to go along with your Axel Rotten.

Probably a stupid question, but I keep seeing the term "top row stats" thrown around on here. What does that mean exactly?

The main three wrestling skills: Rumble, Technical, High Flying, that are at the top "row" of the Skills screen. Also there aren't such a thing as stupid questions. :)

Angle A

Angle B-

Angle C+

Match D+

Angle C+

Match C

Opener Angle B-

I'm not an expert on the whole 'crowd management' thing myself, but an all out match right before the main event is a terrible idea. :p Why would you even...?

Is there a good guide or explanation somewhere on what all the individual stats actually mean and how they translate into game performance? I know there's the player's guide in this year's version but it doesn't seem to have a lot of in depth explanation for stuff like that, unless I missed it.

I'm not an expert on the whole 'crowd management' thing myself, but an all out match right before the main event is a terrible idea. :p Why would you even...?

Because WEXXV shows need to have one Mayhem/Car Crash/etc. match somewhere and the main event was supposed to be long slow build 20min which couldn't be a Car Crash :p But yes, that'll explain it. I've now abandoned using those match aims almost completely which resulted in a lot better card actually.

Is there a good guide or explanation somewhere on what all the individual stats actually mean and how they translate into game performance? I know there's the player's guide in this year's version but it doesn't seem to have a lot of in depth explanation for stuff like that, unless I missed it.

This is a great resource, even thought its intended for creating a mod. You can also here and people can clarify.

Afaik the only goals that aren't available with FoW turned on are the exact ones you just mentioned, so the game won't restrict you from hiring people with certain skills below certain levels. They're not tweaked, they're just dismissed. To anyone else, correct me if I'm wrong.

Perfect. Thanks for the reply. :)

If a product (like a standard Japanese puroresu) does not require storylines, would you still receive any benefit from having people involved in them?

I ran WEXXV with few storylines and they do provide into the match and angle bonuses if they are hot so Yes, they do receive the negatives and positives as usual.

--

On another note, generic venues are a lifesaver! Sometimes the jump from 2,000 to 5,000 attendance takes ages and right now I'm getting 3000-3200 in attendance for WEXXV, using the generic venue seems to save me some money!