Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Gungner said:

When playing as a touring company, how do you set up your tour?
Is just setting the dates as events, and not having them broadcast?

Tour (Tues) - Weekly event

Tour (Thur) - Weekly event

Monthly event / PPV (Sunday)

When the touring months are over just inactive the touring events. Broadcasting deals section have a specific feature for touring highlights to showcase those matches on TV.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kubikiri Asa said:

Tour (Tues) - Weekly event

Tour (Thur) - Weekly event

Monthly event / PPV (Sunday)

When the touring months are over just inactive the touring events. Broadcasting deals section have a specific feature for touring highlights to showcase those matches on TV.

Thank you.... I'm playing as NJPW, and there's tour tues and thurs, tv-show Friday and an event on Saturdays one to three times a month.
Seems like a lot of shows, and a lot of tired workers. 

On 6/18/2023 at 7:53 PM, Gungner said:

Thank you.... I'm playing as NJPW, and there's tour tues and thurs, tv-show Friday and an event on Saturdays one to three times a month.
Seems like a lot of shows, and a lot of tired workers. 

When I book a touring promotion I usually run 1 big monthly PPV; 2 weekly tour shows and 1 weekly TV show. To avoid too much wear and tear.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, Kubikiri Asa said:

When I book a touring promotion I usually run 1 big monthly PPV; 2 weekly tour shows and 1 weekly TV show. To avoid too much wear and tear.

Do you book that TV-show or is it a Tour Highlights show?
'Cause I currently do two weekly tour shows and 1-3 PPV's a month (airing on my own network) with a weekly tour highlights show. 

8 hours ago, Gungner said:

Do you book that TV-show or is it a Tour Highlights show?
'Cause I currently do two weekly tour shows and 1-3 PPV's a month (airing on my own network) with a weekly tour highlights show. 

It depends. Often preset touring companies in TEW databases have a tv show that you need to book (just like a regular tv show).

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to improve your child company's production? I know you can't do it manually, but is there a workaround to force them into doing it themselves? It's just really frustrating that my child company should be getting B+ grades for their shows all the time but they keep getting knocked down to C+ for production penalties (which I could easily just pay for, if they'd let me).

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Gungner said:

Is there a limit as to how many TV-shows you can have?
I'm guessing it's depending on your company size, but I'm not sure. 

If I remember correctly 4 is the maximum, unless the broadcasting deals are preset in the database when you start a new save. If preset a company have have more than 4 tv shows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently playing as TNA in a 2004 mod. 
I have the weekly PPV thing going atm, and it was all good and dandy at the start. Good buy rates and all. 
But the last two shows dropped by A LOT, both getting under 0.01 ... Could it be the Weekly PPV format that people just don't want to pay for every week, is it something that WILL happen with this format?

If not, then why are the ratings dropping so rapidly by so much? 

11 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Yes, it will be because you're burning the fans out. You should check that you've actually set your events to be Weekly and not Annual, as a proper weekly PPVs won't normally trigger burn out unless you're using them incorrectly or have other events affecting it.

My events are weekly, every Wednesday. I've held about 12 so far. So yeah, they are weekly.
I do have a B-TV show... 

Edited by Gungner

On 11/4/2023 at 10:20 PM, Adam Ryland said:

A pay per view is considered more powerful than an TV show in that calculation.

I understand. It's just weird to see Less Than 0.01 (3,900 viewers) two weeks in a row, then 0.01 (7,700 viewers), only to drop back to less than 0.01 for three weeks, then rise to 0.01 with 8,000 viewers. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding overloading fans with content, is 2 “annual” PPVs per month the limit? I have tried with one and I find the storytelling more difficult. If that is the case I can always revert to 1 per month after I have leeched off enough popularity from aging and retiring stars to people I want to push.