Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

What does it mean when the run the show button is yellow?

I added my match aim qualifcation?

Why wont it turn green?

Did you have a match pre booked that you added manually and not from the "Add from pre booking" section? As I've had that issue a couple of times so I deleted the match and re-added it from there.

I just ran a few tests and it seems that the only (financially) viable broadcast type for events is ppv.

Had over 2mill with ppv for an event and only about 80k with commercial or subscription.

So my question is, has anybody tried putting their events on commercial or subscription broadcasters and made significant money?

Did you read the descriptions for each one? If you're trying to make 'significant money' with anything but pay per view, you're doing it wrong (unless you're maxed out at Global, at which point commercial and subscription become more financially viable). The descriptions basically spell all of this out for you. For money, pay per view is the best option (unless you're below National at which point commercial might slightly edge ahead due to limited buyrates). For sheer popularity growth, free to air is best. If you want revenue and popularity growth, that's where commercial and subscription come in as the middle options.

Did you read the descriptions for each one? If you're trying to make 'significant money' with anything but pay per view, you're doing it wrong (unless you're maxed out at Global, at which point commercial and subscription become more financially viable). The descriptions basically spell all of this out for you. For money, pay per view is the best option (unless you're below National at which point commercial might slightly edge ahead due to limited buyrates). For sheer popularity growth, free to air is best. If you want revenue and popularity growth, that's where commercial and subscription come in as the middle options.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes i did read the descriptions for each type, so i wasn't surprised that commercial and subscription bring in less money.

What suprised me was the difference of over 2million vs about 80k, thats about 4%.

From the descriptions i would have expected something like 50% or 25%.

Also surprising was the fact that i got more money for every episode of my tv show than my event.

So i just wanted to make sure those numbers are as intended.

If they are it is what it is.

It just means there isn't much of a point in creating my own WWE-Network to maximize my profits from my events.

Can I start a tv channel and a subscription service? So for example, my company will own a tv station and run several tv shows on it, but I will also own a subscription service to put my big events on. Can you only own one broadcaster?

When you already have your own broadcaster ingame you can't create a new one unless you shut down the existing one.

So you can only have one.

What does it mean when the run the show button is yellow?

I added my match aim qualifcation?

Why wont it turn green?

If you hover your mouse over the button it tells you; you have some features in the Analysis screen that might need your attention.

When you already have your own broadcaster ingame you can't create a new one unless you shut down the existing one.

So you can only have one.

I see. So then, should I just have a subscription service? I'm going to edit myself in as a Global company, since I want my first game to be a sandbox to play around in. I tried to find the Dev Journal, but I can't find it anymore, and I've forgotten how the broadcasters work now.

I see. So then, should I just have a subscription service? I'm going to edit myself in as a Global company, since I want my first game to be a sandbox to play around in. I tried to find the Dev Journal, but I can't find it anymore, and I've forgotten how the broadcasters work now.

I don't know. I can give you some numbers though.

At National i got over 2Million PPV revenue for 1 Event from America1-Select.

At Global did an Event(48,34 TV rating, over 36 Million Viewers) on my own Subscription Network(Enormous worldwide).

I got just over 400k in TV-Revenue for that.

One TV-Episode then got me 900k in TV-Revenue on my Network.

So my Conclusion so far is that Subscription and Commercial are ok for TV, but they suck for Events unless i am missing something.

Edit More Numbers:

At Global one Event on my Enormous-PPV-Network: over 22Million PPV-Revenue, Buyrate 25,36

At Global one TV-Episode on the same PPV-Network: over 4 Million PPV-Revenue, Buyrate 4.60

So everything on Subscription brings in about 1,3Million, everything on PPV gets me over 26 Million.

Even with 4 non PPV-Events per Month instead of one PPV-Event per Month one would not come close to the PPV-Money.The bigger Pop Gains would have to be huge to justify anything other than PPV imho.

One Idea could be to set up your own Subscription Network to make money only of your Global-Size without broadcasting any TV-Shows or Events on it. Your shows could make the real money on other Networks then.

But for my global Promotion the profit from that was less then 200k, so for me its not worth bothering with.

Has anyone else noticed the AI be financially self-destructive if left to its own devices?

In one of my games I'm doing the whole "local to as large as I can make them..." style games and, being me, it's in the UK. I'm about a year and a half in.

21CW have been struggling for a while and drowning in debt. Wanting them to stay around (and not wanting their workers who are too over to sign with either my company or the SNP to end up sitting out once they go under) I've used the editor to give them more money multiple times but eventually I lost the will and have been leaving them to get on with it without my assistance.

They're currently about $2.2 million in debt, have been in debt in a while, the debt is going up every month and the bank's annoyance score must be rising. Unless something dramatic changes they're clearly on their way to bankruptcy.

But they're still re-signing their workers to written contracts. And increasing their wages (likely in line with their popularity growth); J-B Cash just re-signed, increasing his contract from $20k to around $24k (and that's just one example... lots of others have re-signed without me thinking to check how much it cost 21CW)

This is a company where some cost cutting is clearly needed and the most obvious way to do it is when expensive written contracts end to either not bother re-signing workers or signing them to cheap(er) PPA's. Yet the AI doesn't. It keeps going on as if they were making a profit and had a huge bank balance.

It's not as if the company is struggling in other ways; the popularity has remained at 79/80 (so basically where they started) throughout, their TV shows are all sold out and getting the ratings you'd expect, their PPV's are getting around 30k people in the arena each time and the PPV numbers are actually increasing slightly from a year ago. But they're still losing money which as far as I can see is mainly down to the expensive written contracts... yet when those contracts come up they compound the issue rather than alleviate it.

Is it just this game/just me? Are other people seeing an AI 21CW lose a bunch of money and still keep their workers on expensive written contracts without releasing anyone (21CW have released a grand total of three people in my game, all minor undercard guys on relatively cheap contracts and replaced them with guys who end up costing almost as much)?

And other than micromanaging through the in-game editor is there anything I can do to make 21CW act in a more realistic way? Would changing the firing style of their booker (Pitbull Brown, at least to begin with) to "with wallet" rather than "with heart" help? Or is that closing the stable door after the horse has bolted?

I modified the c-verse created a woman's alliance with AAA, QAW, and my own promotion. I tested it twice with simming a 6 month stretch. I kept myself unemployed. There is 3 alliance titles. After 6 months the AI didn't use any of the titles in their shows. They did use the loan feature. I preset the champions. The title are main event world champ & 2 mid card titles. The question did I not set the titles up correctly? Why would the AI not use them?

I'm gonna switch computers. I know how to move databases, but is there any trick to moving save games? And how does one unlicense their computer? And is this any different from 2013, because I have one last file going there I wanna keep.

In order to unlicense the game on your PC, right click on a TEW2016 shortcut -> settings then add "-unlicense" (minus quote) at the end of the target line and you're good. And write down your licence number. It may be dumb to say that, but you never know.

To move save games, just keep a copy of SaveGames then replace the file where it belongs on your other PC when you finished unstalling the game.

Anybody else getting hit with low storyline heat penalties when the heat of the storyline is in the 70's or 80's? That seems pretty dang good for a regional promotion to me.

Did you try reporting it in the Tech Support forum? Never know if that's intended or a mistake unless you ask. :)

Is there any documentation about the popularity levels of Icons or REALLY over characters and the limit to how low the pop can drop to?

I know in the old game some A* workers couldn't drop too far down which is accurate as people Ric Flair are never going to be beneath a certain pop level.

I'm trying to figure out what level of popularity does a worker need to achieve to have a larger minimum and what is the minimum?

That's a good point. I can certainly look into it.

I'd think we'd need to see how close a worker is to the HoI, if we are ever going to use the "Once in a lifetime" match aim?

Sorry, couldn't find the answer...will this be patched in? I was thinking of doing a Once in the Lifetime match but I wanted to know who was eligible but couldn't find the qualifying percentage anywhere.

Nevermind: Added HOI progress into worker's profile -> title history (assuming it is more than 0%)

I modified the c-verse created a woman's alliance with AAA, QAW, and my own promotion. I tested it twice with simming a 6 month stretch. I kept myself unemployed. There is 3 alliance titles. After 6 months the AI didn't use any of the titles in their shows. They did use the loan feature. I preset the champions. The title are main event world champ & 2 mid card titles. The question did I not set the titles up correctly? Why would the AI not use them?

Expense.

I'm running QAW in an alliance with AAA, WTW (my dev fed), and LLX (my other dev fed, set as a child company) and AAA borrowed the tag titles to put them on The A-List then I signed them away and the only other promotion to use the title was WTW (they put the World title on Christy Higgins and the midcard singles title on Juliette King). I mainly have to borrow the titles (world & X-Division) to have it defended at all. I'm guessing it's because the expense of borrowing the title (and champion) is more than AAA is willing to pay.