Your TEW16 Resolutions

I'm sure everyone here has something they feel like they didn't do enough of, or did too much of in the previous versions that may have restricted their enjoyment of the game. I know I have, therefore I am declaring my resolutions for TEW 2016.

I resolve to get more into the CVerse. It's something I've always nibbled in, but that's about it. I think part of that is the inability I have to create my own renders for use in pictures. I think the CVerse would be perfect for me to insert my caws in and still be able to get the most out of it.

I resolve to read more of the surely fantastic diaries on the board. I've always been a sucker for a diary, it's been a while since I've tried writing my own. Something that I may try as well.

I resolve to push my CAWs more realistically, I've moonshotted some, I think this year I'm going to start more in the midcard range with them than I have in previous years.

So what are yours? Anything you're going to try to do more or less of with this new version of TEW?

I have played this game since 2005 and I have never gotten through maybe...7? months of any game, ever. I always lose interest and move onto something else, even at times coming back to the same time period but starting over instead of pushing forward on what I started before.

While I already have plans for a published diary project which I desperately want to stick with, I also want to stick with any games I play for my own enjoyment so I guess the word that sums it up for me is dedication.

Create, and update a diary for decades of game time. I'm using this time to figure out which mod I will be using.

1987/88 - Take over NWA? Save the AWA? Find a new path for the WWF?

1994 - What if Vince was found guilty and the WWF was sold?

1997 - No screwjob, The WWF keeps Bret and entices Kurt Angle to join

2001 - Buying WCW

2016 - Buying TNA (and renaming it Impact Pro Wrestling)

I'm leaning towards 94 or 2001.

Keep. A. Damn. Save.
This. I'm a serial restarter, hopeful that 2016 will keep me engaged in ways 2013 did not.

Also, as I habitually play Cult+ sized companies, I resolve to spend a few games as a little fish, working to develop a new generation of superstars instead of trying to take over the world.

This. I'm a serial restarter, hopeful that 2016 will keep me engaged in ways 2013 did not.

Also, as I habitually play Cult+ sized companies, I resolve to spend a few games as a little fish, working to develop a new generation of superstars instead of trying to take over the world.

I'm glad to know that I'm far from being alone with this problem.

1. Play more entertainment based promotions (i.e. stop trying to make Pure women companies happen in the U.S.). Will definitely give one of the big companies a try during the demo for a change.

2. Play my first game based in Mexico (Never even booted up a game with any of those promotions)

3. First Local/Small to Global (Got QAW from Local to International for one month in six years of game time of TEW10..).

4. Finish an RTG game.

5. Do a diary this summer?

1. To help El Gigante become the very best El Gigante he can be.

2. To push at least 1 non-indie darling career midcarder to the main event level. (probably not El Gigante. Probably Dan Spivey or Al Snow).

3. To turn Georgia Championship Wrestling into the 1991 version of nXt.

4. To turn 1991 WCW from a pop>performance fed to a pop=performance fed. Or if possible, a perf>pop fed.

I need to play a company that isn't SWF or TCW.

The C-Verse is massive but I only ever play those two companies (I've started a couple as CGC and USPW but never gone far), so I feel like I'm missing out on the rest of it. Trouble is I don't know where to start!

* I want to start a save today and still have it when the next game comes out. I'm thinking either BHOTWG or MAW.

* Have longer saves in general. I started playing TEW in 2010 and played really gamey which always lead to shorter less fun games. After five years of learning the C-verse and reading the diaries on here I gradually learned to have more fun booking and less time looking at numbers. I feel like this will be the first game I get to five or six years game time with a national or bigger company. Only ever managed long saves with feds smaller than cult.

* Book the WCW from December 97 in the Montreal aftermath mod and win the war. This mod was one of the reasons I started playing the game and was the very first mod I used. The new features make this sooo much more appealing now, especially since I now only play in the C-verse. I want to try the Thunderverse but the C-verse was hard enough to learn and it seems really daunting to learn a whole new fictional world. The features I most think will make this amazing are company hall of fame. seeing WCW guys who only wrestled once or twice for WWF/E and getting in there hall of fame annoys me. Would love a WCW hall of fame with guys like Flair, Steamboat, Sting, Luger, The Giant. Development fed, send down loads of workers so you don't have such a swollen roaster gradually build up the ones you wanna push while releasing the dead wood that you've buried, then start snapping up the ECW guys Taz, Van Dam Ect. The new national battle system, I never really felt like I was in a war in the old games and one of the reasons I would lose interest quickly with saves. Where as the real Monday night wars where so exciting to watch. I remember me and my pals staying at one and others houses every Friday night after school and it would be all about wrestling. I'm confident the new system will emulate this better. Kliq incidents, I would love to be in a position where the company was strong enough to just fire Hogan, Hall and Nash all in one go. :D

I need to play a company that isn't SWF or TCW.

The C-Verse is massive but I only ever play those two companies (I've started a couple as CGC and USPW but never gone far), so I feel like I'm missing out on the rest of it. Trouble is I don't know where to start!

I'd suggest making your own company, it's really fruitful in TEW and with 2016 here soon, it might be a good idea for that to be your first save.

My resolution is the same one that I've had for a long time and that is to get through a year of game-time and focus on just one save for Cornellverse and one save for Real World. The Cornellverse one will most likely be USPW because that has always been my favorite promotion.

Another resolution is to read more diaries and be more active in the forums. I hope to get to know many more of you in the future via diaries and pm's.

Archived