Cornellverse Changes

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCW is nowhere near as bad as they look at first glance. Their tag division is a mess, but they've some decent young talent in the midcard and I love the heel Triple A as the champ. A build to an eventual Total Mayhem match with Bach could be awesome. Also the backstage is much healthier than before with no Joey.

Their big problem is the very old parts of the roster that need to be phased out.

TCW is nowhere near as bad as they look at first glance. Their tag division is a mess, but they've some decent young talent in the midcard and I love the heel Triple A as the champ. A build to an eventual Total Mayhem match with Bach could be awesome. Also the backstage is much healthier than before with no Joey.

Their big problem is the very old parts of the roster that need to be phased out.

Very much this.

I had the same reaction as most when I saw the CornellVerse America scene.... WTF? Two of my favorites gone from my favorite promotion - Cornell went home and Minnesota went east to destroy Eisen's locker room harmony. But there is potential there. And as you phase the older elements out and start to move younger guys up, there is space for more new talent to come in, and the Cverse still has tons on offer. Literally tons.

I will say that long term, you do need to work at building new stars. And short-term, you can look to move both PPV and TV onto bigger broadcasters. Though you want to watch for getting expectations too high.

I believe USPW getting a network was one of my predictions. But, it catapulting them to the top was a surprise. AAA and USPW just look the most comfortable they've ever been. And my dreams of making Nadia Snow AAA's figurehead don't seem so out there from the get go. So that'll be fun.

Nate Johnson is in TCW after having an affair with Hotstuff Marie.

CGC really took it on the chin. Johnson and Marie bailed (poor Jack) once their affair was revealed. Eddie Chandler left after an argument with Alex. Trent Shaffer went to USPW for more $. Alex isn't an active in-ring competitor anymore.

Would not shock me to see them drop to Regional and maybe even go under within a couple of years.

ZEN hired its first ever female wrestler to compete against the men. Her name is Kalliope Woodchuck.

And my go to indie guy, Davis Wayne Newton, has moved to FCW to toil away in their lower midcard.

Craziest thing I've read so far is Citizen X. A botched powerbomb by the Masked Mauler ended his wrestling career. Now he's booking GSW.

Confused in what way? He wanted to move back home after having to sell the company he owned for a decade.

Yeah ok that does sound reasonable. Maybe I've been conditioned by Phantom Stranger's great diary, but I always thought TCW was doing way better and that his return home would be with an internationally acknowledged TCW not as a star for somebody else's promotion (not to mention one closer in style to the guys who were his enemies).

CGC really took it on the chin. Johnson and Marie bailed (poor Jack) once their affair was revealed. Eddie Chandler left after an argument with Alex. Trent Shaffer went to USPW for more $. Alex isn't an active in-ring competitor anymore.

Would not shock me to see them drop to Regional and maybe even go under within a couple of years.

Not to mention the one guy that wasn't a DeColt who they actually pushed is now gone as well, as Deeley went to NOTBPW. Again due to Alex being a pin

Ooh, good question. What's up with our Operation Lullaby peeps?

It was like a typical government operation. They picked the wrong people for the job and it failed miserably. For one thing, Eve Runcord isn't nearly good enough to make Eisen want to start a women's division. Not in the ring, not in front of a camera and not in front of a live mic.

Yeah ok that does sound reasonable. Maybe I've been conditioned by Phantom Stranger's great diary

That's exactly what happened. Canon TCW was never nearly as well off as it was in Phantom Stranger's hands. It was actually a huge mess, with the inmates running the asylum, just about.

What's especially strange is that Machiko Matsuda and MAYA decided to take their excursion to EUROPE of all places! Normally, young Japanese talent go to Mexico or the US, well before they go to Europe (Germany, by and large). I kinda expected at least a few of the young, unemployed joshi to show up in CILL or OLLIE or QAW.

If you want to see something funny (or sad, depending on your perspective), look at UEW's Hall of Fame. Then notice the one glaring omission from TCW's Hall.

That's exactly what happened. Canon TCW was never nearly as well off as it was in Phantom Stranger's hands. It was actually a huge mess, with the inmates running the asylum, just about.

Yeah I never got the impression Cornell was all that great of a business guy and then on top of that after their finances dropped with the last game I figured it was only a matter of time before they fell. Cornell getting out of there actually makes him still look like a big star. Moving to a new promotion thats national, back home where he'll get a hero's welcome and work with all new guys.

Yeah ok that does sound reasonable. Maybe I've been conditioned by Phantom Stranger's great diary, but I always thought TCW was doing way better and that his return home would be with an internationally acknowledged TCW not as a star for somebody else's promotion (not to mention one closer in style to the guys who were his enemies).

The money troubles of TCW go back to 2010, so three Cverse versions. Its why they lose Tyson Baine to USPW way back then. If he couldn't keep TCW going at a level he wanted on his own, what else to do? keep it going until it crashes? go work for Eisen, or even USPW? Go to Japan? Or go to where he is an absolute hero and yes he's working for someone else, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't have creative control. And possibly a future 21CW owner to boot.

The money troubles of TCW go back to 2010, so three Cverse versions. Its why they lose Tyson Baine to USPW way back then. If he couldn't keep TCW going at a level he wanted on his own, what else to do? keep it going until it crashes? go work for Eisen, or even USPW? Go to Japan? Or go to where he is an absolute hero and yes he's working for someone else, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't have creative control. And possibly a future 21CW owner to boot.

Yeah he's got creative control, hiring veto he can't be pushed below main event. It would have been interesting for him to go work for Eisen after all this time. He left, made himself a giant star, Eisen's company is failing so he throws everything Cornell ever wanted at him to come in and work for the company.

What's especially strange is that Machiko Matsuda and MAYA decided to take their excursion to EUROPE of all places! Normally, young Japanese talent go to Mexico or the US, well before they go to Europe (Germany, by and large). I kinda expected at least a few of the young, unemployed joshi to show up in CILL or OLLIE or QAW.

Not entirely true, some Japanese workers come over to Europe/UK. Kamaitachi actually started his excursion in the UK but got a nasty injury and didn't particularly like the UK so he rehabbed and went to Mexico. Presumably thanks to the NJPW/Rev Pro agreement, the UK/Europe will see one or two more excursions.

Certainly struggling to pick a game for long term.

I want a promotion I can put my stamp on and help progress.

I want a roster to not be restricted by style.

I want to book Tommy Cornell in 21CW but with no direct rivals it may be a bit dull.

USPW are allready top,

SWF are not too far off and I cant put my stamp on it.

CZCW- The style is limiting as I like to use some big guys.

MAW- the best choice in most regards, any style welcome, I can put my stamp on it and develop them.. negatives are that I see it as a developmental place and i'll miss out being able to book some guys due to age.

I guess 1 solution would be to have either CZCW or MAW for a long game and then have a game as big company to fulfill my other wants.

Not entirely true, some Japanese workers come over to Europe/UK. Kamaitachi actually started his excursion in the UK but got a nasty injury and didn't particularly like the UK so he rehabbed and went to Mexico. Presumably thanks to the NJPW/Rev Pro agreement, the UK/Europe will see one or two more excursions.

Yeah, I was mainly talking about the girls. I know the men tend to frequent Europe and the UK more (especially given Alex Shane's influence and reputation). The girls generally stay home (and work with gaijin invited for that purpose) or go to the US or Mexico, unless Saraya invites them to WAWW/Bellatrix. That's one reason STARDOM is doing US tours (and seemingly trying to pull a Dragon Gate and start a US branch).

Certainly struggling to pick a game for long term.

I want a promotion I can put my stamp on and help progress.

I want a roster to not be restricted by style.

I want to book Tommy Cornell in 21CW but with no direct rivals it may be a bit dull.

USPW are allready top,

SWF are not too far off and I cant put my stamp on it.

CZCW- The style is limiting as I like to use some big guys.

MAW- the best choice in most regards, any style welcome, I can put my stamp on it and develop them.. negatives are that I see it as a developmental place and i'll miss out being able to book some guys due to age.

I guess 1 solution would be to have either CZCW or MAW for a long game and then have a game as big company to fulfill my other wants.

Canadian Golden Combat? They're basically a hollow shell of despair, desperate for *someone* to make a mark on them.

Any personality changes of note out there? Was just hiring my first roster for a revived Philly Pro Power and suddenly it seems like Romeo Romaro is a bad apple. I don't remember him being ever having been a negative before. And when did he become homosexual? That's news to me too.

Any personality changes of note out there? Was just hiring my first roster for a revived Philly Pro Power and suddenly it seems like Romeo Romaro is a bad apple. I don't remember him being ever having been a negative before. And when did he become homosexual? That's news to me too.

He was homosexual in TEW 13 and he semeed to be a bit egotistical, selfish and ruthless in that game at the very least. Maybe he's gotten worse but yeah he was some of those things in TEW 13.

Archived