Cornellverse Changes

Very interesting that Fumihiro Ota is in CZCW, while Remmy Skye's drug use got him fired from the company... Is Skye worth the gamble??

Vendetta and Cerberus actually developing a little bit in PSW is a surprise.

There are no giants active in the world. With Bruce The Giant retired and Khoklov on hiatus, I'd have thought another giant would come on to the scene.

The Japanese Tsunami is coming!!! How are we all going to prepare for the coming disaster?

Did anybody die unexpectedly liks Shawn Gonzalez did in '13?

CILL and QAW with a working agreement now?

Byron doesn't have the EWA Championship anymore? His Ego??? Really? :)

In DIW, The Barracudas and Pinn Enterprises are fueding? I could have some fun with that feud!!

Nope, I don't think anybody died, either due to old age, illness, or Kenny death. And if Skye's personality is still the same as it is in TEW 2013, he may be worth the gamble. It takes some patience to get him clean, but at least he doesn't act out if you suspend him for drug use.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always booked him like 2003 Hurricane. He was the "super hero" of the SWF and usually fueded him with Chase, Big Cat, Rich Money, Remo etc. I guess no character feels "out there" for me since the only show I watch is Lucha Underground where we have Dragons and Aliens and Space Guys and whatever else :)

I always kept him as Lobster Warrior, in the costume. In my long long long ago SWF diary, I had him de-costume, but pretty much ran with it ever since. One of the small things I loved about the SWF. I like The Crippler but I miss Lobby.

I'm with you, for the most part.

... But he was a lobster! How do you book a damn lobster? I always struggled to think of unique storylines for him, or even storylines which made sense. It was the one that felt too out there, even for SWF.

There are so many different ways you could approach it.

Stennick's superhero approach is a really good, fun way. Something to appeal to the kids, and the kids in us adults. A sharp contrast to the serious nature of so much of the rest of Supreme. My preferred approach was to run him as a "straight man" character where he was presented as serious, straight-forward... and wearing a goofy costume. But the costume is mostly ignored, except by the heels. So he would be in main event matches, involved in serious feuds, and all of that.... but just happens to dress like a lobster.

You could also run with it as a "spirit animal" type deal, where its about respect. Or someone clinging onto their childhood. Or someone who has moved on but can't quite let go of one aspect (tying it back to the Underwater Union).

They almost constantly drop to Cult for me, they don't have the star power in the national battle to hold too strong a position.

Which is why I don't like them starting as the number one national company. There's no way USPW would have gotten there organically.

The blurb mentions that ZEN had to be saved via Kickstarter in 2014 but look to be in reasonable financial shape now.

ZEN seem to have lost a few people though. Massacre and X-Cal have left for Japan. Whenever I play as ZEN I tend to have The Enemy and X-War in a constant tag team feud, so this will require a rethink.

Also Mirror Universe John Gordon seems to be out of the game completely :eek:

ZEN seem to have lost a few people though. Massacre and X-Cal have left for Japan. Whenever I play as ZEN I tend to have The Enemy and X-War in a constant tag team feud, so this will require a rethink.

Also Mirror Universe John Gordon seems to be out of the game completely :eek:

Nope! He's in RAW as Kerry Wayne's long lost younger brother Kal Wayne. RAW looks super fun to play in this game. But I'm a John Gordon, Maurice Jackson and Swoop mark.

Which is why I don't like them starting as the number one national company. There's no way USPW would have gotten there organically.

I don't think it's unlikely they rode their momentum to a big break-through with their big visibility boost from online subscriptions and media contacts, coupled with likely poor booking decisions from their competitors. Not a fluke, but not a slam dunk win either. Just the first in a series of probably many skirmishes that will happen going forward.

For me, in order from higher to lower: Hanshiro Furusawa bad reputation as owner, the BCG secession and the choice of Hiroyasu Gakusha over Toshiharu Hyobanashi as the ace.

Ok, I haven't considered point one, so point taken. But what's wrong with pushing Gakusha over Hyobanashi? [this game uses Western order of surname last, yes?] They are similar in star power and basics, and Gakusha is a more well-rounded wrestler in-ring, is there something I am missing?

Ok, I haven't considered point one, so point taken. But what's wrong with pushing Gakusha over Hyobanashi? [this game uses Western order of surname last, yes?] They are similar in star power and basics, and Gakusha is a more well-rounded wrestler in-ring, is there something I am missing?

From a stat point of view, nothing.

But from a lore point of view, Gakusha is Hyobanashi's clear second so choosing him as ace would be like making YOSHI-HASHI ace over Okada (although not quite as extreme as that).

Nope! He's in RAW as Kerry Wayne's long lost younger brother Kal Wayne. RAW looks super fun to play in this game. But I'm a John Gordon, Maurice Jackson and Swoop mark.

Yes, having lot of fun with RAW. Swoop as a figurehead really mints money for RAW and the two lost brothers of Kerry Wayne are gold

Any personality changes of note out there? Was just hiring my first roster for a revived Philly Pro Power and suddenly it seems like Romeo Romaro is a bad apple. I don't remember him being ever having been a negative before. And when did he become homosexual? That's news to me too.

Golden Canvas Grappling (my go to promotion now that BSC and ROF are dead), has a huge personality shift. There six wrestlers that were negative influences that I invariably fired when I started. Now, Eagle Kawasawa, Barry Kingman, and Dean Daniels are locker room leaders or positive influences and Takayuki 2000 has become neutral. Only Kiminobu Kuroki stayed with them and remains a downer.

I still can't believe anyone hasn't hired El Mitico Jr. Even back in TEW 2013, he wouldn't have been out of place Main Eventing in the real world's NXT or at least the ROH Upper Midcard back in the mid-2000's. Glad his interview skills have improved enough that he can deliver a passable promo.

TNA called. They said to say 'hi'.

What I mean by that is, in reality, there was a time when people thought TNA was real competition for the #1 spot. On the back of a "big" TV deal and the red hot X-Division and then the red-hot Knockouts division (and Angle, Sting, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, etc), people were actually fixing their lips to say TNA was "close" to WWE. That was never the case. But sometimes hype can make you seem bigger than you really are. That's why I was so confused by someone saying USPW had all these advantages. Sure, on paper. Then again, on paper, communism looks feasible.

A human booker could keep them at #1, I have no doubt about that. But it wouldn't be easy (another reason the whole 'they have so many advantages' thing falls down). You have to have a pedal to the metal outlook from the very first day or you'll welcome February as a Cult promotion.

Golden Canvas Grappling (my go to promotion now that BSC and ROF are dead), has a huge personality shift. There six wrestlers that were negative influences that I invariably fired when I started. Now, Eagle Kawasawa, Barry Kingman, and Dean Daniels are locker room leaders or positive influences and Takayuki 2000 has become neutral. Only Kiminobu Kuroki stayed with them and remains a downer.

That's interesting, I haven't seen any other notable personality shifts yet.

Does that make it less or more immersive? I could see it cutting both ways.

Seeing how the Cornellverse has changed in 3 years is awfully intriguing. My jaw dropped seeing what happened to TCW & Cornell, but then again, it makes sense with how things were going in 2013.

CGC def is a mess, but that only makes me want to play and fix it! :D

Will admit it, though, a little sad to see my go-to young stars all scooped up by the major companies. Matthew Keith was always my first signing when I started a new game, followed by the likes of Steven Parker, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, and so forth.

That said, I'm excited to explore the new young talent and find the diamonds in the rough.

Pains me to say I won't be able to buy the full version when it first comes out due to a Bachelor Party in Boston. But you got my money the weeks following.

So I edited USPW to be the owner of Reverie. Technically, it's the other way around, but given that Parker is listed as USPW's owner, it makes sense for the network to be beholden to him when it comes to scheduling TV shows.

I also want to edit in a COTT Alliance Women's Champion, most likely my gal Queen Amazon. But before I can do that, I need to tweak the other COTT feds to have women's divisions. CZCW and MAW at least both should have one.

Does anyone have recommendations for who should start out in MAW's women's division? CZCW's? J-Ro seems a no-brainer for the latter, given her history with the company. She'd be a strong candidate for alliance champion, too.

That's been my pet peeve about the Cornellverse for a while now, and one reason I like the Thunderverse more. Women in the T-Verse have more, and more high-profile, places to wrestle than do women in the C-Verse. But I suppose I can fix that myself.

CGC is definitely a mess but definitively salvageable. In test sims, they don't to collapse completely. But the AI doesn't build them up all that much. They shouldn't be that hard to do good things with. Their upper card isn't young, but the product is so light that they shouldn't decline that quickly. And there is quite a bit of young talent you can snap up on long term written deals.

One intriguing option would be putting the belt on Gargantuan for a long long run. Wouldn't help his personality but he is easy to build popularity with. And he tends to improve.

A long build with Gargantuan would be a good idea. Treat him as a Brock Lesnar unbeatable monster while he mows down everyone in his path while you build up the one babyface that can stop him. Give him a mouth piece and you're off the races. Between his mouth piece and his menace he would ideally shoot up in popularity in no time.

A long build with Gargantuan would be a good idea. Treat him as a Brock Lesnar unbeatable monster while he mows down everyone in his path while you build up the one babyface that can stop him. Give him a mouth piece and you're off the races. Between his mouth piece and his menace he would ideally shoot up in popularity in no time.

I think the User Skills in Diplomacy would help, but definitely a sound approach. He's not the type of worker to appeal to NOTBW and I doubt his popularity in the US would get high enough to appeal to the likes of USPW and the SWF. So he can be a huge asset. If you can lock him down to a Written, eventually getting Ricky DeColt to conquer him some day could turn Ricky into the new Alex.

Also, I think Alex can still be used on-screen. Which would be smart to do, much like you could take advantage of Sam Strong in USPW previously.

Just noticed Mighty Mo's profile and stats. I'm intrigued. Every time I pushed the guy in the past his stats ended up being too limited to push him further than midcard, but looks like 2016 might be a different story. Might be TCW's next big star!

Also happy to see one of my two personal favorites Fro Sure & El Mitico are still available. And of course, the underdog of all underdogs, Masked Cougar!!!

And of course Swoop McCarthy has become the King of Australia. Because he's Swoop Freakin' McCarthy.

Does anyone have recommendations for who should start out in MAW's women's division? CZCW's? J-Ro seems a no-brainer for the latter, given her history with the company. She'd be a strong candidate for alliance champion, too.

After playing with MAW for a while, I think they start out a little too financially tight to sign a whole new division at the start. I'm definitely using the first few months' profits to beef up the production a bit and get better show ratings. CZCW could have one, especially since they tend to get raided pretty early.

I don't think it's unlikely they rode their momentum to a big break-through with their big visibility boost from online subscriptions and media contacts, coupled with likely poor booking decisions from their competitors. Not a fluke, but not a slam dunk win either. Just the first in a series of probably many skirmishes that will happen going forward.

So, it was a perfect storm that got them there, I guess. Yeah, I can see that.

TNA called. They said to say 'hi'.

What I mean by that is, in reality, there was a time when people thought TNA was real competition for the #1 spot. On the back of a "big" TV deal and the red hot X-Division and then the red-hot Knockouts division (and Angle, Sting, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, etc), people were actually fixing their lips to say TNA was "close" to WWE. That was never the case. But sometimes hype can make you seem bigger than you really are. That's why I was so confused by someone saying USPW had all these advantages. Sure, on paper. Then again, on paper, communism looks feasible.

A human booker could keep them at #1, I have no doubt about that. But it wouldn't be easy (another reason the whole 'they have so many advantages' thing falls down). You have to have a pedal to the metal outlook from the very first day or you'll welcome February as a Cult promotion.

My point is that if they can't win a national battle in the game, how did they even get to the spot they are in?

Being bought by a billionaire and having a large network centered around your product will boost your popularity in spite of a lot of things.

Exactly. Throwing millions of dollars at effective adverting across various platforms could do a world of good to raise the profile of a promotion. Most promotions can't afford that and the WWE doesn't really need to do it.

Archived