Cornellverse Changes

One of the features I like most is the change to how National Battles work, and how that relates to determining the top of your card.

All of a sudden having Gilmore as your top guy for SWF doesn't seem so great, because even though he'll have great matches the most he can ever contribute to the National Battle is a score of 820 (100 pop x 82 SQ), which is at least a hundred behind what people like Bruce, Bach, Golden and Remo can bring. Not to mention that his popularity loss is going to be much bigger than theirs if he isn't protected from losses and the like.

Yeah, I've noticed this. It's especially egregious for women because they don't have an abundance of workers with 90+ star quality. In fact, it literally makes Joanne Rodriguez the most valuable women's worker in the C-Verse because of her 100 SQ. That constitutes a glass ceiling of sorts. What's worse, if you leave out Lucy Stone-McFly (who will debut into a written contract), there's no one set to debut with even 70 SQ! Talk about stacking the deck. If you gather the five women with the highest SQ in the C-Verse (impossible without editing or 'passport'), you'd still be dwarfed by SWF, USPW, and TCW.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I've noticed this. It's especially egregious for women because they don't have an abundance of workers with 90+ star quality. In fact, it literally makes Joanne Rodriguez the most valuable women's worker in the C-Verse because of her 100 SQ. That constitutes a glass ceiling of sorts. What's worse, if you leave out Lucy Stone-McFly (who will debut into a written contract), there's no one set to debut with even 70 SQ! Talk about stacking the deck. If you gather the five women with the highest SQ in the C-Verse (impossible without editing or 'passport'), you'd still be dwarfed by SWF, USPW, and TCW.

Just gotta hope for some dojo graduates with 100 SQ... lol

With the way National Battles are calculated now, I am thinking of making Fro Sure my major pet project for my 'create your own company' for when I make my cult company. He starts with amazing babyface skill and one of if, not the best SQ (I think, at least when considering babyface skill) on the indies, so he might be able to be developed into a Figurehead for when I grow to National. He is only 24, so he has lots of room to grow.

With the way National Battles are calculated, I might have to rethink my strategy a bit. In 2013, I had Greg Gauge and Greg Black as Main Eventers in my National company. It does help it only takes into account your top 5 Main Eventers though, so if you have a large enough roster you can fit more guys in your Main Event. I might even say that this make Popularity companies easier at National, because sure you could have someone like Shooter Sean Deeley be a Main Eventer in your Performance based company, but his SQ of 65 will get you destroyed in the National Battle, when SWF can have someone like Big Smack Scott with 90 SQ in their Main Event, and just have him carried by someone like Gilmore.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just gotta hope for some dojo graduates with 100 SQ... lol <p> </p><p> With the way National Battles are calculated now, I am thinking of making Fro Sure my major pet project for my 'create your own company' for when I make my cult company. He starts with amazing babyface skill and one of if, not the best SQ (I think, at least when considering babyface skill) on the indies, so he might be able to be developed into a Figurehead for when I grow to National. He is only 24, so he has lots of room to grow.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fro Sure is probably the best potential figurehead in the US that isn't tied down somewhere. Amazing SQ, natural babyface and super charismatic. I'm honestly shocked that he and El Mitico Jr aren't tied down anywhere</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>JWith the way National Battles are calculated, I might have to rethink my strategy a bit. In 2013, I had Greg Gauge and Greg Black as Main Eventers in my National company. It does help it only takes into account your top 5 Main Eventers though, so if you have a large enough roster you can fit more guys in your Main Event. I might even say that this make Popularity companies easier at National, because sure you could have someone like Shooter Sean Deeley be a Main Eventer in your Performance based company, but his SQ of 65 will get you destroyed in the National Battle, when SWF can have someone like Big Smack Scott with 90 SQ in their Main Event, and just have him carried by someone like Gilmore.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's exactly what I love about it; Performance based feds still need SQ now but have to balance it with performance skills. Rocky Golden is now an absolutely crucial worker for TCW and you need to find a way to carry him in matches, in a way that he wasn't really before.</p><p> </p><p> It just makes workers who have performance skills and high SQ/charisma that much more valuable (and makes the loss of Cornell that much tougher for TCW to take).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Untouchable" data-cite="Untouchable" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fro Sure is probably the best potential figurehead in the US that isn't tied down somewhere. Amazing SQ, natural babyface and super charismatic. I'm honestly shocked that he and El Mitico Jr aren't tied down anywhere</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, for (fro) sure. I will definitely be signing Fro Sure and planning around him majorly. I've always had a soft spot for him, though he never really does much in my games. The most he's accomplished in my game was Tag and TV Champion. I might just pair him up with someone like Greg Gauge and hopefully they rub off on each other. I still want Greg Gauge in my Upper card, but he probably won't be THE guy anymore, unless his Star Quality develops in a major way. The National battle changes doesn't entirely exclude people with subpar SQ from Main Eventing, but you have to make sure you leave room for at least 5 people who are the complete package, but in reality you probably want more, in case someone gets injured or stolen.</p><p> </p><p> Does anyone know how much SQ can change throughout someone's career? I do know I've seen it raise, but is it something you can develop, or does it happen naturally without the player's involvement and is it tied to destiny roll?</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Just checked, and Fro Sure would be a 'Extremely positive influence in most locker rooms.' Can this guy get any better? His biggest weaknesses would be his psychology and stamina, I might stick him in a protege/student style team with Steve Flash and hope Flash's age doesn't hurt too much.</p><p> </p><p> The more I think about it, the more I can't wait for the full version. Good workers will have a spot on any roster still, because to continue developing psychology after a certain point, they need to learn it from someone, just like SQ is now required for National+ companies.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Devilb0y" data-cite="Devilb0y" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's exactly what I love about it; Performance based feds still need SQ now but have to balance it with performance skills. Rocky Golden is now an absolutely crucial worker for TCW and you need to find a way to carry him in matches, in a way that he wasn't really before.<p> </p><p> It just makes workers who have performance skills and high SQ/charisma that much more valuable (and makes the loss of Cornell that much tougher for TCW to take).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jay Chord becomes once more the most coveted prize in USA.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jay Chord becomes once more the most coveted prize in USA.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jay Chord might end up being a problem in the long run, with his terrible backstage attitude and the changes to backstage management. He most likely would still be worth it, but I wouldn't ever trust him with something like being my Figurehead.</p>

<p>Not as a figurehead, but as number one heel yes.</p><p> </p><p>

If you want an early prediction on him, here it is. Jay Chord avenges his father and retires Ricky Dale Johnson. Later he becomes the main heel against the uber babyface, replaying Sam Strong vs Rip Chord more than 35 years after the 1980 Supreme Challenge main event. Unless alcohol takes charge...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jay Chord becomes once more the most coveted prize in USA.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep, definitely. I think he and Wolf are going to be the cornerstones of my TCW game, with room for Mighty Mo and Killer Shark if they grow well enough.</p><p> </p><p> This change just gives the player really interesting choices to make all over the board.</p>

Having played a month and some change with TCW, Rocky Golden is an absolute ratings machine and well over delivers in segments when you consider his B level entertainment skills. He's not exactly a liability in the ring either, B- brawling and B psychology is more than enough to get him through.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just gotta hope for some dojo graduates with 100 SQ... lol </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, right after Santa Claus brings me a pegasus!</p><p> </p><p> Dojo graduates like that are functionally impossible (at least for the women). It's like planning your retirement around winning the lottery. Yes, it's possible. But so is being hit by a softball sized meteor that originated in the asteroid belt. I see more workers generated with SQ <em>in the single digits</em> than anything in the 'decent' range.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Having played a month and some change with TCW, Rocky Golden is an absolute ratings machine and well over delivers in segments when you consider his B level entertainment skills. He's not exactly a liability in the ring either, B- brawling and B psychology is more than enough to get him through.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, he's like Remo tends to be in SWF - the grades he produces exceed what you expect his skills should produce. I think you still need to protect Rocky a bit in the ring, but from what I've seen, he does still improve some - gotta love that A* SQ.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41226" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, right after Santa Claus brings me a pegasus!<p> </p><p> Dojo graduates like that are functionally impossible (at least for the women). It's like planning your retirement around winning the lottery. Yes, it's possible. But so is being hit by a softball sized meteor that originated in the asteroid belt. I see more workers generated with SQ <em>in the single digits</em> than anything in the 'decent' range.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The problem with hoping for that isn't just how unlikely it is, but that even if you do get a really high SQ worker, they might have other stats that make them less than useful. I've seen high SQ workers generate with low Athleticism and atrocious Performance skills.</p>

<p>As it is now, it's definitely more realistic. Guys like Gilmore remind me of CM Punk or Danielson. Theydon't have what it takes to be the man like Cena or Hogan. It's like Triple H was never the man, he was the guy that worked with the man.</p><p> </p><p>

Sting had the star quality to be the man in early WCW, but without great workers like Ric, he never would have gotten there. The game is more set up to realistically reprisent that. </p><p> </p><p>

The more I dig, the more I love this release.</p>

If you guys are looking for a Figurehead for an Indy company aiming to go national, pick up Remmy Skye. Seriously. He's a free agent. Has more charsima and SQ than most others, and gains popularity crazy fast in the Figurehead position.

I have a perf > pop promotion with heavy modern and cult and Remmy was at a C+/B- by the end of the demo period. He's really good. His only problem is inconsistency, but you can build a field of consistent guys around him to keep him in check like Greg Black and Air Attack Weasel.

If you guys are looking for a Figurehead for an Indy company aiming to go national, pick up Remmy Skye. Seriously. He's a free agent. Has more charsima and SQ than most others, and gains popularity crazy fast in the Figurehead position.

I have a perf > pop promotion with heavy modern and cult and Remmy was at a C+/B- by the end of the demo period. He's really good. His only problem is inconsistency, but you can build a field of consistent guys around him to keep him in check like Greg Black and Air Attack Weasel.

He also has drug problems. I signed him in one of my demo games, and first night he was high backstage, so I sent him off to rehab. I don't trust a pothead with my Figurehead spot.

The best all around guy not signed on an exclusive deal for a North American Figurehead is Fro Sure, he has everything needed to make a good Figurehead, and the other things, like psychology you'd want him to have to make a consistent Main Eventer can be trained.

Fro Sure has amazing Charisma, starts with 89 SQ, positive backstage personality and zero lifestyle issues. Remmy Skye starts with a fairly large soft drugs problem and less SQ than Fro Sure.

Obviously, I don't want to bank everything on Fro Sure and if I can get Remmy Skye's drug problem solved, he would make a decent enough choice, at least for a Main Eventer, doubt he'd ever be my Figurehead unless his SQ improved some more. But Fro Sure is my No.1 choice and will be the guy I try to build first.

The problem with hoping for that isn't just how unlikely it is, but that even if you do get a really high SQ worker, they might have other stats that make them less than useful. I've seen high SQ workers generate with low Athleticism and atrocious Performance skills.

That doesn't bother me. Everything else can be trained. I have a random gen who debuted with 40 basics and she's at 52 now and I'm not even at the end of the demo period yet. SQ goes up at a glacial pace, if at all.

He's also a pothead and constantly in danger of being busted in possession of the sticky. I would imagine the penalty on your promotion when (not if, WHEN) he does would be pretty stiff. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost you some popularity. Imagine getting busted down to Regional after hitting Cult because your figurehead needed to get high.

There are far better options. El Mitico Jr, for one.

While overall I like the changes within the world, some parts make me sad. Like all the women who retired to 'raise a family'. And while I'm ecstatic to have access to my favorite worker again (Cherry Bomb), I'm sad at losing access to Missy.

He also has drug problems. I signed him in one of my demo games, and first night he was high backstage, so I sent him off to rehab. I don't trust a pothead with my Figurehead spot.

The best all around guy not signed on an exclusive deal for a North American Figurehead is Fro Sure, he has everything needed to make a good Figurehead, and the other things, like psychology you'd want him to have to make a consistent Main Eventer can be trained.

Fro Sure has amazing Charisma, starts with 89 SQ, positive backstage personality and zero lifestyle issues. Remmy Skye starts with a fairly large soft drugs problem and less SQ than Fro Sure.

Obviously, I don't want to bank everything on Fro Sure and if I can get Remmy Skye's drug problem solved, he would make a decent enough choice, at least for a Main Eventer, doubt he'd ever be my Figurehead unless his SQ improved some more. But Fro Sure is my No.1 choice and will be the guy I try to build first.

I've got a Cult/Modern/Risque based product so I don't really mind that my Figurehead is a known druggie. But yeah, Fro Sure is a better long term investment, he's just not quite ready right out of the gate for the Main Event workload if you're so heavily perf > pop. Remmy already had B+ starquality by the time the two months in the demo was up though, so he's definitely got upward mobility and long-term potential with a good destiny roll and the ability to improve his habits actually being a thing in this game.

Ernest Youngman is also surprisingly unsigned to a major company. He's also somebody who's really good, and carried my National level 'Super Indy' company in 2013 after I got raided by TCW and SWF.

I've got a Cult/Modern/Risque based product so I don't really mind that my Figurehead is a known druggie. But yeah, Fro Sure is a better long term investment, he's just not quite ready right out of the gate for the Main Event workload if you're so heavily perf > pop. Remmy already had B+ starquality by the time the two months in the demo was up though, so he's definitely got upward mobility and long-term potential with a good destiny roll and the ability to improve his habits actually being a thing in this game.

Ernest Youngman is also surprisingly unsigned to a major company. He's also somebody who's really good, and carried my National level 'Super Indy' company in 2013 after I got raided by TCW and SWF.

The issue with a pothead isn't your product. It's that it can become public knowledge which could hurt your company. Not only that but any time he wrestles someone when he's high they will get angry, which will cause morale issues.

I had Texas Pete show up drunk and high for a match, it was a fatal four way, all three of his opponents ended up with annoyed morale after the match.

On top of that, it will potentially tank segment ratings.

The issue with a pothead isn't your product. It's that it can become public knowledge which could hurt your company. Not only that but any time he wrestles someone when he's high they will get angry, which will cause morale issues.

I had Texas Pete show up drunk and high for a match, it was a fatal four way, all three of his opponents ended up with annoyed morale after the match.

On top of that, it will potentially tank segment ratings.

I had Aces High and Cali Slick Vs California Love Machine and Frankie Boy Fernandez. Aces High was messed up in the match and it made everyone of them mad including his partner Cali Slick

In any save games that you guys have run so far, have you seen any major company sign up Marat Khoklov? With his 100 SQ and excellent popularity in North America, Mexico and Japan, he can definitely turn the scale as far as national battles.

TCW and especially USPW should want to hire him in order to be able to win a national battle in the first month. The SWF should re-hire him in order to maintain and cement their status as the leader in the national battle and to stop TCW and USPW from passing them.

Archived