[RELEASE] - Cornellverse 1997 / CV97

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mistery is killing me.

I largely just like to have a few posts where I can add things later... nothing planned for them just now but I'm holding them for if/when I decide to do things, like write more CV97 columns for immersion. :)

Caught some other oddities. Organic bios where one half of a relationship doesn't start the game debuted and so the other half is always labeled as Mito Miwa.

He is simultaneously engaged to Tommy Cornell, married to Tom Gilmore and tagging with Duane Stone and Alex DeColt. Busy guy. :D

What a player! :p Seriously though, I know Miwa is the first person listed in the game so it'll be that. I'm short on time but stick that in Tech Support (if you haven't already) and Adam can fix that easily enough. :) Not the first time Cornell's relationship status has needed fixing. :p

Have Dusty Streets and Sam Strong always had issues or was this something added to "V 2.0" last game or this game. Any certain reason you decided to do this other than game mechanics? Any story in your head about how it came to be?

Sam Strong has always been a bit of a douche to the Streets in my head canon... and now he's got power so he's probably going to abuse that. :p

I think I might use this data for my first try at an RtG game.

I'm thinking of going to Mexico and trying my luck there, it's an exciting place to be. :)

Caught some other oddities. Organic bios where one half of a relationship doesn't start the game debuted and so the other half is always labeled as Mito Miwa.

He is simultaneously engaged to Tommy Cornell, married to Tom Gilmore and tagging with Duane Stone and Alex DeColt. Busy guy. :D

There is a dynasty BEGGING to be written about this situation, surely?

So in my '97 SWF game, I pulled a screwjob on Nemesis, who has creative control. I was disappointed that Tommy Cornell wasn't morally dubious enough to participate so I enlisted the Lords of War to join Nemesis' title match mid-way through and Warlord Pain was all too happy to screw over the departing star and win the North American title.

Nemesis rage quit and now he not only hates Richard Eisen, who was a replacement ref in the match because Darren Young was too much of a Boy Scout to get his hands dirty, but also Sam Keith and Warlord Pain. Phil Vibert now also hates Eisen, Keith and Pain.

This screwjob gave me an idea for a power faction led by Keith, with Eisen playing a dirty ref, that could also seriously elevate Tommy Cornell's stature in the process simply because he was involved in that fateful match.

I love this game! :D

So in my '97 SWF game, I pulled a screwjob on Nemesis, who has creative control. I was disappointed that Tommy Cornell wasn't morally dubious enough to participate so I enlisted the Lords of War to join Nemesis' title match mid-way through and Warlord Pain was all too happy to screw over the departing star and win the North American title.

Nemesis rage quit and now he not only hates Richard Eisen, who was a replacement ref in the match because Darren Young was too much of a Boy Scout to get his hands dirty, but also Sam Keith and Warlord Pain. Phil Vibert now also hates Eisen, Keith and Pain.

This screwjob gave me an idea for a power faction led by Keith, with Eisen playing a dirty ref, that could also seriously elevate Tommy Cornell's stature in the process simply because he was involved in that fateful match.

I love this game! :D

Eisen didn't screw Nemesis....Nemesis screwed Nemesis!

Derek, Are the HGC titles supposed to start as Vacant?

I can understand if they are, given that the company only opens in December 1996...

Yup, none of the titles were decided canonically until after their first PPV... and even then, only the world title was decided there officially (I think) as Sam strong won a battle royale for the gold. :) When I book them, I tend to crown one new champion per month as follows...

January: Battle Royale for the World Title (usually Sam Strong wins, he's the biggest star)

February: 8 team tournament for the tag titles, sometimes with the Demons of Rage disqualified from competing for some reason. The Vesseys win this almost every time. :p

March: The International title tournament begins, featuring workers from all over the world using a variety of styles... this is sometimes a 16 man tournament and I've had lots of winners here. Much fun.

April: The Cruiserweight title. I like to pick 6 of the best and put them into a six way match the first week... whoever loses the fall is eliminated, everyone else fight again next week... leads to a singles match on PPV for the gold.

The Hardcore title tends to be picked up random by someone (usually Charlie Homicide) as JK Stallings unofficially lets the division more or less run itself. I usually crown him champion after the World title sometime and then let things go wild, with an official HGC rule that any singles competitor who can hold onto a secondary title for six months can then have a world title match. Sets up Homicide nicely for a shot six months down the line and makes all the titles meaningful too. :D

Derek B, is it to much to ask for a 2016 mod based on the CV97 lol. At least sim ahead like last time giving us important intervals of the Cverse. Hopefully 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2016. As I type this I realize that I can just do it myself when the game comes out lol

Hopefully 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2016.

I think there will be more and more demand for these historical "replays" so we can replay the earlier versions of the game without resorting to the inferior engine that "came with the database". It'll be some work, but from then on it will take less work to maintain the database for the next version, given how good the convertor is nowadays.

So, I seem to be missing the "Helpful Files" folder.

Is it not in this download, or am I retarded?

My bad, I didn't actually include them with the download. I've actually not been keeping the notes up to date as I kinda already know most of what is in them anyway so most of the files are now a bit out of date. And I just can't bring myself to release them with the data if they are wrong. :p

Derek B, is it to much to ask for a 2016 mod based on the CV97 lol. At least sim ahead like last time giving us important intervals of the Cverse. Hopefully 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2016. As I type this I realize that I can just do it myself when the game comes out lol

I'm already planning to do a long term sim with the game but I'm super busy modding just now so I'm not running any sims. Those are all good years to play with though, I can only imagine how different each of those years would be compared to the base data. :)

I think there will be more and more demand for these historical "replays" so we can replay the earlier versions of the game without resorting to the inferior engine that "came with the database". It'll be some work, but from then on it will take less work to maintain the database for the next version, given how good the convertor is nowadays.

I did this for 2008 and 2005 last game. I didn't include non canon characters like the 97 verse but I wouldn't mind doing so for a future release. In 13 it was simply 13's engine with the game world as seen in 2005 and 2008. I have thought about adding in some fictional characters though as I see no real draw back to doing so.

I did this for 2008 and 2005 last game. I didn't include non canon characters like the 97 verse but I wouldn't mind doing so for a future release. In 13 it was simply 13's engine with the game world as seen in 2005 and 2008. I have thought about adding in some fictional characters though as I see no real draw back to doing so.

Though this database is quite awesome with the added (dare I say semi-official :p) lore, it doesn't need to be anything more than the data of 2005 converted to this engine. Some of the new stats allow for some creative freedom, but that's unavoidable.

I assume your work can be preserved by simply importing the 2013 version and doing some tweaks.

Yeah that is the plan I'll be working on the 08 data first since thats my absolute favorite time in the C Verse then I'll do 05 and I have an 07 I never released either. There are a lot more tweaks in this one though body types, broadcasters, home areas, etc but its coming for sure :)

So I just fired up a game as NOTBPW and I noticed that most of the TV broadcasters currently showing their program are not interested in further negotiations, which I believe means NOTBPW won't be able to renew when their deals expire.

Because the exception was the Maritimes network, I quickly realized the problem was that these stations didn't have coverage in NOTBPW's home region (Maritimes). Removing the broadcasters' "home region" requirement fixed the problem and opened the networks up for negotiations again.

You may want to adjust those settings if you do a future database update. For now though it's an easy fix if I'm going to play a Canadian company (or one in any other area with similar regional broadcasters).

One issue though, relating to the game itself rather than the mod, is that the screen that shows the pass/fail requirements for negotiating with broadcasters did not correctly identify the problem. It simply said NOTBPW did not meet the broadcaster's minimum popularity requirements, which wasn't true. A less investigative player might have a hard time figuring out why they can't renegotiate their TV contracts.

So I just fired up a game as NOTBPW and I noticed that most of the TV broadcasters currently showing their program are not interested in further negotiations, which I believe means NOTBPW won't be able to renew when their deals expire.

Because the exception was the Maritimes network, I quickly realized the problem was that these stations didn't have coverage in NOTBPW's home region (Maritimes). Removing the broadcasters' "home region" requirement fixed the problem and opened the networks up for negotiations again.

You may want to adjust those settings if you do a future database update. For now though it's an easy fix if I'm going to play a Canadian company (or one in any other area with similar regional broadcasters).

One issue though, relating to the game itself rather than the mod, is that the screen that shows the pass/fail requirements for negotiating with broadcasters did not correctly identify the problem. It simply said NOTBPW did not meet the broadcaster's minimum popularity requirements, which wasn't true. A less investigative player might have a hard time figuring out why they can't renegotiate their TV contracts.

I'll have another look at that before I do a full game version release with some minor tweaks and all the fixes listed here so far. I didn't notice any issues there while testing but Adam may have tweaked some things when I wasn't looking. :)

If I recall correctly, that was the default in one of the previous games (TEW07?). You always started with an unrenewable TV deal.

DOWNLOAD LINK v1.03 - https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvu43s

Everything mentioned so far has been fixed, this should be the last version with any kind of significant changes, and there weren't really any major ones here except to tweak the broadcasters a little bit. Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll be around to fix anything else that happens and I'm now going back to working on the CV16X mod, which already has good progress done being abour 35% complete so far. :)

DOWNLOAD LINK v1.03 - https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvu43s

Everything mentioned so far has been fixed, this should be the last version with any kind of significant changes, and there weren't really any major ones here except to tweak the broadcasters a little bit. Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll be around to fix anything else that happens and I'm now going back to working on the CV16X mod, which already has good progress done being abour 35% complete so far. :)

Nice! Looks like my NEO diary can move forward. :)