"Never On PPV" Gone?

I would post this on the technical forum if you want a response from Adam. That's probably the most frequent forum he visits.

I already have a response from Adam and he already added it into Patch #7. I posted that twice in this thread already.

I already have a response from Adam and he already added it into Patch #7. I posted that twice in this thread already.

He did, but it still turns Broadcast deals in historical mods in to an absolute CF. All AI Tour events on TV, any AI created events and any pre-created events for AI controlled promotions. You can't simulate tours, can't simulate sticking your toe in a market, can't even set show size to replicate audience figures. Frankly, it's it even fit to be referred to as Beta Tested...it's just been thrown in after having the legs cut from underneath it.

Extremely disappointing and putting me off the game already. I already know that any mod work I'm doing is pretty much for everyone else, there's just no authentic feel to any real world era mod on this.

He did, but it still turns Broadcast deals in historical mods in to an absolute CF. All AI Tour events on TV, any AI created events and any pre-created events for AI controlled promotions. You can't simulate tours, can't simulate sticking your toe in a market, can't even set show size to replicate audience figures. Frankly, it's it even fit to be referred to as Beta Tested...it's just been thrown in after having the legs cut from underneath it.

Extremely disappointing and putting me off the game already. I already know that any mod work I'm doing is pretty much for everyone else, there's just no authentic feel to any real world era mod on this.

I totally understand your concern but with the latest patch, no AI Events are broadcast before March 1985. I just ran a two month test in a converted DOTT mod. Basically if you have a historical mod set before 1985 none of the events will be broadcast. You'll have to go in and set up the specifics of all of the Broadcasters though for any TV deals and such.

I do admit, I liked the old TV/PPV set up better though as it gave you much more control.

I totally understand your concern but with the latest patch, no AI Events are broadcast before March 1985. I just ran a two month test in a converted DOTT mod. Basically if you have a historical mod set before 1985 none of the events will be broadcast. You'll have to go in and set up the specifics of all of the Broadcasters though for any TV deals and such.

I do admit, I liked the old TV/PPV set up better though as it gave you much more control.

Indeed, but aside from well known exceptions Televised specials/events have been pretty rare even from 85 right up until now. You certainly wouldn't see Touring promotions shows on TV that much. Even now, if you had access to every TV channel, how many would you see a month?

There's no control beyond having a deal now, whilst all promotions seek event deals. TV should be built to, you shouldn't be driven down "you can just..." if in control whilst watching a random mush of events from the AI. For every event it should be a one off set in the editor with Promotions having a Televised events likeliehood drop down. That's for real world anyway, could give two shakes of a rat what it is for the Cornelverse. That's fantasty, it's already a controlled unchallenged realm anyway and it's probably right to give players a lighter almost plug and play experience there.

Indeed, but aside from well known exceptions Televised specials/events have been pretty rare even from 85 right up until now. You certainly wouldn't see Touring promotions shows on TV that much. Even now, if you had access to every TV channel, how many would you see a month?

There's no control beyond having a deal now, whilst all promotions seek event deals. TV should be built to, you shouldn't be driven down "you can just..." if in control whilst watching a random mush of events from the AI. For every event it should be a one off set in the editor with Promotions having a Televised events likeliehood drop down. That's for real world anyway, could give two shakes of a rat what it is for the Cornelverse. That's fantasty, it's already a controlled unchallenged realm anyway and it's probably right to give players a lighter almost plug and play experience there.

Right. I mean WWF did broadcast their MSG, Boston Garden and Spectrum shows on the respective area's local sports cable channel (MSG Network, NESN and I think it was Prism for Philly) but exactly, the events were house shows in the area.

Combining all of the broadcasters into one lump sum really did take something away. I would like to see TV shows and Events separated so you could have higher standards for an event to be broadcast than a TV show.

But for current day, almost every Indy worth it's salt has an IPPV or something like that. Not on TV itself but all of that is changing. For me the biggest sticking point was the historical mods but that's just me.

This is extremely disappointing.

"NJPW Wrestle Kingdom X broadcasted on ESPN2" would be one thing some day.

"NJPW Burning Hammer Tour (Wed) broadcasted on TNN" however is completely different. That's what it looks like a long term game could end up with, and it completely sucks. Hopefully he keeps looking into this because, when the income from each and every tour show (the equivalent of a WWE weekend house show loop, which means that's what's getting shown on television) gets factored in, this is game breaking, in my opinion.

Archived