• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the answer to the 0/0/0/0 question is the ability to hire unnamed just trained local wrestlers who are really bad but work for practically nothing. This way you could run a show with a few named workers and keep the realistically low sponsorship money.

For me I think the biggest issue is morale hits you take from a local company. The minimum roster size seems to be a little high for local. When I picture a local promotion, I think of maybe 6 workers tops as PPA with a few hired cheap, local workers. Having a minimum of 12 workers is difficult as it really puts a strain on morale/the roster. Expectations for workers for local are a little high.

Man....

I'm at 7 pop right now in New England, and with the new patch my sponsorship went from ~5k from a couple patches ago to... 353. Erm...

Maybe I'm doing the wrong "style", here...because I'm at 13 pop in the New England area and I'm only making $17k on a good month

For me I think the biggest issue is morale hits you take from a local company. The minimum roster size seems to be a little high for local. When I picture a local promotion, I think of maybe 6 workers tops as PPA with a few hired cheap, local workers. Having a minimum of 12 workers is difficult as it really puts a strain on morale/the roster. Expectations for workers for local are a little high.

Yeah, I think so. You should only have to hire three of four 'named' wrestlers and the rest can be filled in by no names.

I think the other problem is that names don't draw. Are there wrestling events in the real world where only 9 people show up? How can you end up with more wrestlers than fans? Don't their friends and families turn up?

The start of a 0/0/0/0 games should be; pick your first star who then draws a gate dependent on his popularity, if you book him well then that gate increases and you can expand the roster with decent talent if you book him badly and lose fans then you have to wait longer to do so.

I made a post in the Tech Support forum about it because it honestly seemed so low it was a bug. Adam is working on tweaking it again, so PLEASE GIVE HIM FEEDBACK! My personal opinion is that as your pop goes up at lower levels, with each show, your sponsorship should go up accordingly, and that the last patch levels were fine for high local but should be lower for lower local, and that the demo patch seemed the most balanced of all the tweaks he's done. I don't think Adam's spent very much time doing any 0/0/0/0s so any feedback from players like us on how to make it balanced will help him get it sorted!

I made a post in the Tech Support forum about it because it honestly seemed so low it was a bug. Adam is working on tweaking it again, so PLEASE GIVE HIM FEEDBACK! My personal opinion is that as your pop goes up at lower levels, with each show, your sponsorship should go up accordingly, and that the last patch levels were fine for high local but should be lower for lower local, and that the demo patch seemed the most balanced of all the tweaks he's done. I don't think Adam's spent very much time doing any 0/0/0/0s so any feedback from players like us on how to make it balanced will help him get it sorted!

Honestly I went from the 6th patch to today and the sponsorship adjustment hurt me. I don't know how its affecting people with higher pop but the first 4 points are brutal.

There's a part 2 that just hit because of John's post...

Give that a try and report back, as I am currently at work :)

I just read the tech thread after posting....I'm away from the game and won't get a chance to play until tomorrow morning.

I have only been playing one save, with the same promotion...granted the product type is relatively risky, but I haven't even broken $17k with the new patch and I'm at 13% pop. Maybe I should start a different game...because sponsorship has not been that generous to me at any % of popularity.

Well, downloaded the new patch, and my regional company with 43 pop in home region and around 17 in a few has more fallen from 70,000 monthly which I agree was a bit much to 18,000. That's a lot.

Been out with a concussion so I haven't played this weekend, but adding the part II patch has my E+ Industry .05 pop company gets $62 in sponsorship.

Which sounds way better than the huge numbers people were talking about as I look through posts the last few days. It should be a crazy challenge.

Been out with a concussion so I haven't played this weekend, but adding the part II patch has my E+ Industry .05 pop company gets $62 in sponsorship.

Which sounds way better than the huge numbers people were talking about as I look through posts the last few days. It should be a crazy challenge.

I think that the previous patch before the one where all the sponsorship just got a flat 20,000 added onto it was good. If you economy was crap it was impossible to make it unless you spammed 3-4 shows a month to build popularity.

But this seems really drastic. In that patch I was a small company making 30,000 dollars in sponsorship, now I'm a strong regional one making 18,000.

So it's even worse than before the 1.05 patch and then people were complaining it was impossible without strong economy.

I have tried six or seven different 0/0/0/0 RTG games but it looks virtually impossible in the areas i am trying, UK and Australia. Even hiring the ridiculously cheap workers available in OZ doesn't really help.

At moment i have 3.3% pop in Central Australia and 1.1% in both eastern and western australia and my sponsorship (favourable rating) is $179. Fortunately my product has a strong positive rating so I am getting between 0.6-0.9% improvement per show at the moment.

Patch 1.05 was way too powerful but 1.06 is back to the bad old days. It appears I have to pay 2k per show in mandatory set up costs, is there any way this could be reduced please?

Have I got it wrong or is sponsorship linked to the number of shows you run?

just some ideas for those struggling (I'm sticking with patch 1.03 until things get sorted out)....

I always start 0/0/0/100k as I could save up at least that much and add more via partnerships if needed and would if I ever started something like this. Can't imagine stating at $0.

With the 100K, I chose to make things tough right off of the bat this time, risking the short term to gain the long term. I put down 25 K each on 3 dojos hoping to get my own talent. Nobody yet 7 months in, but if the bank were to come for me like in my last game, the dojos are now worth 73K, 118K, and 116L, which covers my deficit -188K. I don't plan to sell, but nice to know I can.

Second, I think I was too aggressive with this (in part because my game are ind/eco is in the tank), but in my quest to make use of the internet feature, I've been touring all areas except Australia. Most shows are in my home region, but I make it to each of these before the penalty for not visiting sets in (appears to be 14 weeks) while running weekly shows and occasional specials. So far I'm consistently at 50% of what it predicts I'll get from sponsors, but that is approaching 15K. In some areas, despite less popularity, I sell more tickets due to ind/eco. The majority of my shows gain pop in all areas but Australia and keep it because I've visited these areas. It's a nice source of income. I'd be breaking even if I hadn't brought it some better talent to train up my roster and control the locker room issues I was having. Goal is to have enough total pop to survive small as that is what killed me last time. Intend to do it without being overly gamey by limiting my size or running bad shows to keep my pop from crossing.

Nb. This is regarding something I saw in the technical support, but isn't a bug as far as I know so would rather discuss it here...

Hold It!! *bangs hand on desk in a Phoenix Write fashion.*

"Are you quite certain about your testimony?"

In regards with starting with a lump sum, you state...

. Not only is this more realistic but it also eases your financial issues in the long-run as although you'll eventually burn through the money and make a loss it means that you don't start the 18 months to potential bankruptcy immediately.

Surely, if you spend the first 6 months in the black, then the next in the red, you will no longer then be a company under 12 months old. So from that point you have the minimum 6 months grace left giving yourself only 12 months to come out of it, not 18?

Or in another scenario, stay black for 10 months, red for 2 with bank leniency and then 6 with bank annoyance (8 total). Or have we misunderstood the mechanic?

With the 100K, I chose to make things tough right off of the bat this time, risking the short term to gain the long term. I put down 25 K each on 3 dojos hoping to get my own talent. Nobody yet 7 months in, but if the bank were to come for me like in my last game, the dojos are now worth 73K, 118K, and 116L, which covers my deficit -188K. I don't plan to sell, but nice to know I can.

Wait, is this a legitimate money making scheme?

What are the drawbacks of making a dojo and selling it? (I have so rarely ever used dojo's I didn't even realise you could sell them)

I have tried six or seven different 0/0/0/0 RTG games but it looks virtually impossible in the areas i am trying, UK and Australia. Even hiring the ridiculously cheap workers available in OZ doesn't really help.

At moment i have 3.3% pop in Central Australia and 1.1% in both eastern and western australia and my sponsorship (favourable rating) is $179. Fortunately my product has a strong positive rating so I am getting between 0.6-0.9% improvement per show at the moment.

Patch 1.05 was way too powerful but 1.06 is back to the bad old days. It appears I have to pay 2k per show in mandatory set up costs, is there any way this could be reduced please?

Have I got it wrong or is sponsorship linked to the number of shows you run?

Nice to see a fellow Oz player here! Pretty much all of my games since 2010 have been local games in Australia, and it's by far my favorite region for that scene. And I agree, it's impossible to do more than hemorrhage money when show costs are so expensive, even hiring the cheapest available talent in Australia. If we're arguing realism for the low sponsorship income at local, than that can be spun right back on the 2-2.5k show running costs for a backyard show in front of 10 people!

The biggest drawback is that mine has improved from F- to D or D+ without a grad. It's due to have some, and the quality is getting better so I'll miss out on all of the future grads, not to mention future growth that I could sell it for.

But as a scheme, yes it could work. I like weekly shows, but if I'd run only monthly shows it would make a ton, though my tour strategy probably wouldn't work assuming the 14 weeks would still hold.

But is there anything stopping you from just making better ones in the future? I mean, at local, you just need to put any old money in the ring to have a match above popularity, and it isn't until upper 9-11 pop that you even need to worry about putting on a main even with people who are just about good enough to get you an E rank. So selling them now and creating more later almost seems sensible and a too easy way to generate money.

Adam's announced changes for the next patch:

Changes for next patch:

- Sponsorship has been raised a little

- Local companies no longer have a minimum roster size

- Show costs are much lower for all companies below cult, especially local

Big things coming again folks. Will,do the testing when it's out

Anyone tested out the patch yet?

I have yet to update from 1.05, though I plan to tonight assuming Small/Local is sustainable.

Starting my game up right now! Not sure how far I'll get, but, taking a preliminary look at costs and income, it looks like it will be both sustainable and very tough to manage! I'm very excited to finally start a game I can sink my teeth into in TEW16.

Archived