Starting my game up right now! Not sure how far I'll get, but, taking a preliminary look at costs and income, it looks like it will be both sustainable and very tough to manage! I'm very excited to finally start a game I can sink my teeth into in TEW16.

Good to hear!

I've already gotten attached to my game, so I wasn't really looking forward to starting over.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%209.45.14%20AM_zpspkl6kv5x.png

Here is some raw data in the new patch with favorable product, B- economy, and E+ region.

This seems really balanced. As I test here, five months of two shows each gets you to a point where you can break even. I would even posit one can start alternating running a show every other month and still be good by the 18th month.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%209.45.14%20AM_zpspkl6kv5x.png

Here is some raw data in the new patch with favorable product, B- economy, and E+ region.

This seems really balanced. As I test here, five months of two shows each gets you to a point where you can break even. I would even posit one can start alternating running a show every other month and still be good by the 18th month.

How many workers are you running and what is the wage bill per show?

How many workers are you running and what is the wage bill per show?

Owner working for free, UC, four other wrestlers and a ref which averages at $1,200 plus the reduced show/venue fee of $750.

Honestly, and I didn't test it just due to time, but I think you could run eight wrestlers a show at the start and be fine by 18 months. Note that this is with pretty bad wrestling industry. If you can grow 1% a show then this is very doable.

Owner working for free, UC, four other wrestlers and a ref which averages at $1,200 plus the reduced show/venue fee of $750.

Honestly, and I didn't test it just due to time, but I think you could run eight wrestlers a show at the start and be fine by 18 months. Note that this is with pretty bad wrestling industry. If you can grow 1% a show then this is very do able.

Excellent, thanks- just what I was hoping to see.

But is there anything stopping you from just making better ones in the future? I mean, at local, you just need to put any old money in the ring to have a match above popularity, and it isn't until upper 9-11 pop that you even need to worry about putting on a main even with people who are just about good enough to get you an E rank. So selling them now and creating more later almost seems sensible and a too easy way to generate money.

Big things coming again folks. Will,do the testing when it's out

Well, if you sell it early, the value won't have inflated. The other potential issue is the trainer, I chose the best available so value would increase. There may not be someone available that is comparable. And while I could pay through the nose to start a higher level dojo, I could also just keep mine at the original cost which is cheaper (build cost varies by start level. 25k I for the worst start quality)

Honestly, and I didn't test it just due to time, but I think you could run eight wrestlers a show at the start and be fine by 18 months. Note that this is with pretty bad wrestling industry. If you can grow 1% a show then this is very doable.

Just an FYI as well but if you use a generic venue I'm pretty sure it would cut your show/venue costs down to $550. Not much but it adds up!

If you're spending 1200 on workers with 2 shows a month wouldn't the cost be like 7000?

It costs 2300 to use a generic venue per show.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to go out of business...

From 1.05 to 1.07 my sponsorship as a Small promotion at 14% pop has dropped from $17k to $2k

Nowhere near enough to afford talent.

Some things you could try:

1. Lower production if you can

2. Use generic venues

3. Only use 3 workers and your UC on your card. Two 1v1 matches and some angles by your worker to fill the time.

4. 1 hour shows

There's simply no way I can sustain the promotion with these numbers. I would literally have to fire my entire roster and hire new guys and STILL I wouldn't be breaking even every month.

If my promotion is only bringing in $2k in sponsorship money, and I have to have 16 wrestlers at small...I mean, how am I supposed to survive unless I hire only guys under $200 per appearance and only use half of them every show?

That's my whole argument here, I am now at SMALL, not local...at 14% popularity I feel like I should be able to bring in more $

Ultimately I started over with a new promotion and left the game with the other user character.

There's simply no way I can sustain the promotion with these numbers. I would literally have to fire my entire roster and hire new guys and STILL I wouldn't be breaking even every month.

If my promotion is only bringing in $2k in sponsorship money, and I have to have 16 wrestlers at small...I mean, how am I supposed to survive unless I hire only guys under $200 per appearance and only use half of them every show?

That's my whole argument here, I am now at SMALL, not local...at 14% popularity I feel like I should be able to bring in more $

Ultimately I started over with a new promotion and left the game with the other user character.

You could have held your jumping size until you could be more profitable.

I *could* have, had I known the patch was going to completely murder sponsorship...

Didn't he give sponsorship a bump? It has went up for me....I'm about 5 months into local and I amazingly see the light at the end of the tunnel in a bad economy. I just gutted my roster to to guys I plan on using and am running 4 matches a card. This is the most balanced I've seen because by the time I get to about 8 maybe 9 in my home territory I could see myself back in the positive.

as noted, from 1.05 to 1.07 my sponsorship $ went from $17k to $2k

I don't have reference to pre-1.05, but 1.05 was the patch that everyone was complaining about how much money they were making at local (which, again, I never saw)

Because of the bump in sponsorship money I went ahead and signed some additional guys and was doing fine at small, trying to build up my production...but then 1.06 hit. I held off on updating because I knew sponsorship was getting hit again. I heard 1.07 was more balanced, so I updated it...and again, it was a massive drop-off.

I don't have a problem with it being tweaked like it is, but when it throws off your entire game dynamic it's extremely frustrating. I made a copy of the save in case finances go back up again, but in the meantime I started a new company with a much smaller roster/budget at 0/0/0/0...and I'm slowly gaining popularity.

http://i.imgur.com/iQw0RTY.jpg

So, 480 Sponsorship per pop point. Show costs are now 550 per show + workers. Let's say we stick with 6x$200 per appearance workers = 1200.

So average show cost is now 1750.

Let's assume OK Industry and OK Economy.

So You may as well rush to population 4 by running lots of shows a month. 4 shows in month 1 and 2 at 0.5 pop gain, will put you at 4 pop with -10k but starting to turn a profit after that. From there on, one a show puts you back in the black in month 11. Not so bad.

Assume OK Industry, Bad Economy.

So, Assume sponsorship is halved. The same strategy no longer works. Instead of 8 shows (4 pop) putting you to break even, you now need 16 shows (8 pop) to get to the same point. You're a lot further in the Red by the time you make a profit, making it very hard to get your money back.

Pulling 8 shows in Month 1 and 2, then scaling back to 1, puts you at -6k at month 18. Skipping some months, you're likely to pull yourself out the hole.

If you cut your worker costs down to 800, 4 shows month 1 and two, and 1 show a month after that, will get you back in the black at +$720 on month 18. So if the economy is bad, you need to skimp on workers more.

OK Economy, Bad Industry.

This puts your pop gain a show at 0.2 according to Creepshow.

This is bad. It takes 20 shows to break even with my $1200 worker set, 15 for the $800 set.

8 shows in month 1 and 2 then 1 show a month, puts you at $-3200 at month 18. A couple of months skip with only $800 workers means you MAY be able to get out of debt.

Bad Economy and Industry.

Give up now. You need to get to 8 Pop to get break even. You need 40 shows to get there... You're gonna get too far in debt to get out of the red. Even if you can get worker costs to 500, run 30 shows in month 1 and 2, you're gonna be down be 20k. I cannot see a way out of it, but as confirmed by Adam, this is intended.

Summary.

0/0/0/0 now needs ONE favourable condition to complete (Industry is more important then Economy as you cannot get you pop to up your sponsorship as quickly). two favorable conditions is easier, and is akin to tew 2013 difficulty of 0/0/0/0. It's the best balanced way of playing the game as you have enough profit to both get you out of the red, and use extra profits to steadily progress hiring better personal.

But 2 bad conditions seems not possible without some major power gameplay. I would recommend you either (1) start with more then 0 pop, (2) alter / reroll Economy or Industry, (3) start with about 20k ish (which will last you about 12 shows + your sponsorship gains for extra shows).

4 shows a month to get you to break even point quickly is still optimal, else you just leak money while running out of months allowed in the red.

But that's about the current state of the challenge.

That is impressive Red thanks for sharing!!!

I started with horrible economy and bad industry but running one show a month and I caught both on the upswing economy is now 34 and industry is 55. I'm currently in 30k debt but I see my losses shrinking. I'm getting ready to run my July show which will still be another loss. When 2017 rolls around I'm hoping my pop will be high enough to bring in some gates to start running profitable months.

I see me spamming 8 shows a month in months 12-18 to try to not go out of business

Just some points to add on Red, but if you pay attention to the trends in the industry and economy, you can just wait until they are not doing damage. You can either sim ahead and wait to open the company, but opening the company in bad economy/industry and simming until one isn't giving harsh penalties should be doable too.

That is impressive Red thanks for sharing!!!

I started with horrible economy and bad industry but running one show a month and I caught both on the upswing economy is now 34 and industry is 55. I'm currently in 30k debt but I see my losses shrinking. I'm getting ready to run my July show which will still be another loss. When 2017 rolls around I'm hoping my pop will be high enough to bring in some gates to start running profitable months.

I see me spamming 8 shows a month in months 12-18 to try to not go out of business

Be careful as sponsorship will be per month so running multiple shows at the end of the 18 month grace period will lose you money. I only run multiple shows the first few months as it means (although i accumulate some debt) I get 16 months of decent sponsorship income.

What I haven't considered much of is the actual ticket sales. While It won't be your biggest money earner, at 8 pop you can get a nice 100 people to your shows, earning you an extra grand. Every penny helps.

Just some points to add on Red, but if you pay attention to the trends in the industry and economy, you can just wait until they are not doing damage. You can either sim ahead and wait to open the company, but opening the company in bad economy/industry and simming until one isn't giving harsh penalties should be doable too.

That is very true. I am not one who likes to sim lots to begin playing the game though, but its certainly an option.

With C+/C+ game state, running two shows a month with a favorable product I am already only losing $700 a month by month three. This seems like a very reasonable patch.

Indeed. With decent starting conditions, this is a very nice challenge to play (I almost recommend new people to start like this, as you can slowly learn the game in the first few months with no drawbacks until you move to small.

Another tip I would recommend is to consider capping at local until you have some cash in the bank. There isn't a big jump in sponsorship like in the previous TEWs and your required roster size goes from any to 16, along with upped production values and show costs.

Another tip I would recommend is to consider capping at local until you have some cash in the bank. There isn't a big jump in sponsorship like in the previous TEWs and your required roster size goes from any to 16, along with upped production values and show costs.

That's a good point - are there any advantages to being at Small rather than Local now, with the sponsorship growing consistently rather than jumping up?

That's a good point - are there any advantages to being at Small rather than Local now, with the sponsorship growing consistently rather than jumping up?

The only thing I saw was a decent attendance spike once I hit small. I went from about 105 at my last show at local to 248 at my first show at small, so it more than doubled.

Archived