SWF: A Youth Movement

Richard Eisen pounded his desk in frustration as he read the internet headlines again, “Wrestling Kingpin Falls from Grace”. Those damn smarks thought they knew better than him, the great Richard Eisen. Sure the company had fallen on hard times as of late, but these damn keyboard warriors were relentless. Hundreds of people calling for him to resign, to give up the book to someone younger and hipper. They all claim he’s lost touch with his viewers and purposely alienated them for the sake of pushing his son.

Richard threw his mouse across the room, a bunch of ungrateful assholes is what they were. Did they really think they could run a wrestling promotion better than him? Were they all so self centered that they honestly felt like they deserved to decide who the next SWF champion was? He scuffed at the thought. How nice it must be to live in a world where just because you feel like a man like Angry Gilmore is the most fun to watch he should be the world champion. How humorous it was that all those people can judge the great Richard Eisen simply because they look at wrestling in a vacuum. They fail to understand the other hundreds of decisions that go into making a champion. Things like backstage politics, and stakeholders. Worrying that your main event scene is too “white” or that the biggest draw your company has ever seen demands certain things or he’ll simply “take his ball and go home”.

He tossed his computer onto the ground next to his mouse and grinned as it shattered into a hundred pieces. It was the internet that had done this to him. Gone were the days of suspended reality, and shock factors. Now everything you ever think is right there, on that 24 inch screen just waiting to be judged, and judged he was. Richard knew he was losing his supporters, he knew they were no longer the number 1 company in the world. He knew he needed to change, a youth movement needed to pass through those ropes and take the industry back by the balls. He didn’t need some punk internet smark to tell him that. He was Richard F@ckng Eisen, and he was the GOD of professional wrestling!

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>CHAPTER 2: The Confrontation</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Richard walked into the huge ranch style kitchen. He had flown out to talk to his dear friend Christian Faith. In Richard’s mind Faith was the perfect person to take over the book. He was well respected in the locker room, most of the younger talent grew up watching him, and he’d been on the shelf just long enough to draw enough buzz around the industry. </p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“Thanks for having me out Christian, it’s been far too long.” Faith handed Richard a beer and with a gracious nod he cracked it open and drew a long sip before continuing.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“I trust you know why I’m here”.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith smirked, of course he knew was he was here he just didn’t expect to get down to business so quickly.</p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“Never were much for small talk were you Rich?”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“Who has time for it all? Between the shareholders, and the boys in the back there’s never a dull moment. Hell I’ve gotten 30 emails since opening this damn beer”.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“I never was much for the pace of things these days. I miss the days of waiting for the paper to see results, or being able to enjoy the city you just poured your blood, sweat, and tears into.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen nodded in agreement, he knew Faith was cut from the same cloth he was. That’s why this relationship had always worked, things were… simple.</p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“I don’t disagree, but you can’t argue with the outcome. Amazing house, beautiful wife, kids. Hell your oldest is down in our feeder league now. I’m sure he’d be over the moon to get to work with his old man.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith laughed out loud, he knew Matty was going to come up, but this was quick, even for Richard.</p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“I’d be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind from time to time, but the truth is, I’m happy where I’m at. I finally get to see my wife, to have a relationship with my daughter that I never had with Matty. I’m at peace here.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen chewed on his bottom lip, he knew Faith was going to play the family card. Hell, if it were anyone else he would have arranged for some compromising photos of her to appear at Christian's house before he got there, but that was a bridge he didn’t want to cross, not with a man who had been his best friend.</p><p> </p><p>

Richard: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“I understand, I wouldn’t ask you if it wasn’t important. The truth is, the industry needs you, hell, I need you. The product has gone to shit, the ratings have tanked, and he just haven’t been able to find our footing since… well you know.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Richard watched the body language of Christian closely. After over 30 years of working together he could always tell what he was going to say before he actually said it. Faith exhaled slowly, and sagged his shoulders. “F@ck!” thought Eisen, he’s not taking the bait.</p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“I’m sorry to hear that I truly am, but I’m done Rich. I’ve given the industry the best years of my life and the truth is, my heart isn’t in it anymore.”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen was growing impatient, he knew Faith would be a hard sell, but he was acting like he didn’t even want to listen to reason.</p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“Let’s not pretend that you got the short end of the stick Christian.” Eisen looked around the small mansion that sat on hundreds of acres of land with his arms outstretch. “I’ve more than compensated you for your time and dedication if you ask me!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen was being to raise his voice. Faith knew he had a short temper, he knew Richard didn’t like to hear the word no, but he wasn’t changing his mind. He’d already promised his wife he was done.</p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“I think we both made it out of this thing pretty successfully Rich. ”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“Don’t give me that shit! I made you damn it! You were just some punk farm boy when I gave you a chance. You had nothing but the shirt on your back. I took you in, I gave your life meaning, I turned you into a household name and made you a ****ing legend, and this is the thanks I get?”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith clenched and unclenched his fist. He wasn’t going to let Eisen win. He wasn’t going to lose his cool.</p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“Don’t feed me that shit Rich, all you did was give me a chance and I took the ball and ran with it. I was the one busting my ass, putting my life on the line night in and night out to line your pockets. You didn’t give me anything! Now, let's take a breathe before we say some things we don't mean”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen was red in the face, he felt disrespected and insulted. He slammed his beer onto the countertop and got nose to nose with Faith.</p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“You coward, you’re just as bad as Money and Frehley! I gave you all this and this is how you repay me!? You kick me while I’m down and turn your back on me!</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“Yeah sure, Richard Eisen the poor victim! Let’s get one thing straight, everything that’s happened up to this point has been on you! You wanted to push your hack of a son despite multiple warnings by me and everyone in the back about how volatile that would make the back. You wanted to keep pushing it and pushing it. He nearly broke Money’s neck how many times? Money carried him through dozens of matches, and yet despite all that you then expect Money to do the job? You knew the impact that would have on the back, you just didn’t give a shit! It was all about that precious Eisen name!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith was letting his emotions get the best of him. He clenched and unclenched his fist, he needed to compose himself, but the words were just pouring out.</p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“But the hits didn’t stop there did they? All that probably would have been fine, you could have thrown some cash at it to make it go away, but then, but THEN…you screwed over Frehley!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Eisen: <span style="color:#FF0000;">“Now you wait one damn minute, I didn’t!”</span></p><p> </p><p>

Faith cut him off, he’d heard all the rumors, he heard all the lies. But there was one thing Christian Faith new better than anyone out there, and that was Richard Eisen. </p><p> </p><p>

Faith: <span style="color:#0000FF;">“Don’t try to deny it, you’ve forgotten we’ve been friends for too long! I saw the script before the match, Steve was supposed to go over cleanly. Steve was supposed to get the win regain his momentum and go on to win the strap. That’s the plan we came up with in creative, that’s the plan YOU signed off on, and that’s the plan that everyone was following heading into the show! That is, until that little minx Emma got you behind closed doors and “persuaded” you to change your mind!”</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TO BE CONTINUED...</strong></p>

Nice start in my personal game the first thing I did was use Faith as my user character for SWF. Can't wait to see where this goes.

In my mind Faith would be the logical first step Eisen would take to help rebuild the empire. That is until Faith forces Eisen to look in the mirror and hold himself accountable :D

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy the journey!

CHAPTER 3: The Fallout

Eisen was growing red in the face. How could his best friend, hell his only friend insult him in such a way.

Eisen: “That’s enough damn it! Emma came to my office that day to express concerns about Frehley going over cleanly, and you know what she was right! The Agency was one of the most over stables we’d seen in company history. Why not give Rogue the rub so they could stay on top!”

Faith wasn’t buying it, he grinned shaking his head.

Faith: “Is that how she got you to agree to it, she gave you “the rub”?

Eisen saw red, without think he swung a huge right hand that landed with Faith’s jaw. It caught Faith off guard, but other than that didn’t have any real effect.

Faith: I think it’s time for you to leave Rich”, he said rubbing his jaw.

Eisen: “Look Christian, I…” Faith cut him off.

Faith: “Don’t! Look I get it. Emma is a beautiful woman, but you can’t talk yourself out of this one. You thought with the wrong head and in doing so alienated everyone in the bac even more than usual. Hell even Dawn left when she heard the news for fear that you’d come on to her.”

Eisen sagged his shoulders, he was at a loss.

Faith: “The news articles, they are right. You are out of touch. My advice, shake things up a bit. Find a young indy darling who already has the respect of his peers and give him the book. As long as someone with the last name Eisen is running the show folks won’t be happy.”

Faith opened the large front door and shook hands with his former boss and best friend.

Faith: “I’m sure we’ll be in touch.”

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. I like the Title of the Dynasty. SWF feels a bit like WWF circa 96-97 to me in this game where you're gonna have to use the older, more popular guys to bring the younger ones up!

Yep, I got the exact same vibe. That was a fun time in WWF, and I'm hoping this will be just as fun. Thanks for reading.

Chapter 4: The long flight back

Eisen rubbed his head as he sat in the back of his private jet on his way back to SWF headquarters. He knew coming out here to convince Faith was going to be a long shot, but he never would have imagined it would go that poorly. Where the hell did Faith get off talking to him like that? And those accusations, what the hell was that? Of course there was some truth behind what he said, but Eisen would never allow for his sexual appetite to dictate how we ran his business, but he couldn’t argue with the perception of it. And as far as Eric goes, why he has been one of the shining lights of SWF as of late, people were just jealous of his success.

Eisen looked out the window, Supreme Wrestling was starting in a couple hours, and he dreaded looking at the reviews of it. He needed a plan, he needed someone new. The likes of Vibert, or Nemesis would certainly spike interest of fans and investors, but it would quickly die down in a few short months. He could ley Jerry keep the book, or better yet, give the job to Eric; but Faith was right about that, the name alone would scare off fans and turn the backstage area into a war zone. He needed a fresh face, someone who will not only demand respect, but also come out with fresh new ideas.

Archived