The Road to Glory Challenge

Gonna give it a go with this guy:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/BaaB_Kaare/asd.png

My product is the basic sports entertainment preset, so pop > perf.

I'm done with 2024 now, and still with my starting company. I made it up to cult mid November of 24, and is now running a weekly tv-show on Canal dos. Not the most lucrative deal by any means, but we got $15 mill in the bank, and made 100k for the first full month of people on written contracts, and no events except tv.

My rolls so far has been:

Year 1: 15 - +20 steroids

2: 1 - Joined COTT

3: 41 - Already had 75 Wholesome. Did a gamble roll and got it up to 100

4: 51 - Hired a dirty Doctor

5: 50 - Created a younger brother, Marvin Drake.

6: 43 - Internet sensation. Cameron Jones ended up getting the Pop inc.

7: 26 - Put it all into Stamina

8: 17 - + 5 to toprow skill. Put it into brawling

9: 7 - My UC is now dating Lucy Stone-McFly

This is how my stats looks now, and this is my current popularity. I've gone done from Obese Super heavy to Bulky. Currently I'm #161 in the Power 500.

Here are my top 10 matches, which certainly proves it is possible to get decent ratings out of my guy. Now i just have to get to National.

My other top stars is a 28 stamina Rick Law, David Stone, who is currently running his own promotion TRWGP and therefore not under written contract, and George Wolfe and Austin Smooth who both somehow not have been stolen away in the numerus raids against me from bigger companies. Luckily both are now locked into written deals with me.

I've had at times considered ditching my original company for someone else, including unsuccesful bids at the booking postion in BHOTWG and TCW when they where cult and i regional. BHOTWG wen't out of business about a year later, so perhaps i dodged a bullet there. Now that i've made it to cult, I'll think I will try to ride this company all the way to national. My inital plan was to get to national before the age of 35, so I still got 8 years to achieve that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are curious how the patch has changed money before you fire your game back up, these are my sponsorship total for the last three patches (I'm in a small fed):

It seems that after getting nerfed, the sponsorship was approximately doubled.

The show cost halved for me, from 6,000 to 3,000 (I run one event per month). My loss per month dropped from -38k to -30k. If I cut my production costs, and cut some bigger workers (I was signing some big talent for a small promotion after the huge sponsorship buff), I think it will be okay and pretty balanced. We'll see!

Mine went from 28k to 4.5k and show costs from 4.3k to 1.7k.

What do you guys think of doing RTG but not starting a new company, but starting with a small or local company (GSW, IPW, MAW, WEXXV, etc)? In my estimation it might make it a bit more realistic (and harder to ramp up stats) than starting a new company and running weekly shows for a while?

The Punisher | Rapid Pro Wrestling

End of Year 2

Year 1 Roll: 42. "Step Into The Light" You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.

Year 2 Roll: 29. “So, Tell Me About Your Mother…”You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Psychology skill

---I'm pretty happy with the psych boost. It gets me up to 53!

-Couple of Notes-

-First things first, Rapid Pro Wrestling is The Most Improved Company of 2017!

-Popularity is up to 13 in Tri-State, running monthly shows. Consistently putting on shows that are 65+

-A staple of every show is my UC and massive free agent signing, Ricky Dale Johnson in an opening promo.

-Touching on the last post, my Charisma and Acting are steadily improving (85 and 86) but it appears my microphone skill has capped at 80, as it's been over a year since it's improved. That's somewhat disappointing.

-Speaking of workers, I lost quite a few this year to multiple companies. USPW, TCW, SOTBPW and NOTBPW all stole some workers. I believe BHOTWG took some as well.

-Extraordinario Jr. (SOTBPW), Greg Gauge (USPW), Rudy Velasquez (TCW), Tigre Salvaje Jr (TCW), Amo Del Gato (SOTBPW), Thrill Seeker (NOTBPW), Frankie Perez (BHOTWG), Sara Marie York (USPW), Insane Machine (BHOTWG), and Mr. Lucha III (BHOTWG) all left this year.

-To replace the departed, we've hired Hector Galindo, Alicia Strong, Jacob Jett, RDJ, Donnie J and just this past month, Eisaku Kunomasu and Capitao Brasil Jr.

-We hit small in July, dropped back down to local before my August show, and were back at Small in September where we remain currently.

-I've won every regional battle thus far, below competition in production standards for 3 of the 4 categories.

What do you guys think of doing RTG but not starting a new company, but starting with a small or local company (GSW, IPW, MAW, WEXXV, etc)? In my estimation it might make it a bit more realistic (and harder to ramp up stats) than starting a new company and running weekly shows for a while?

It's absolutely fine. It's of course not necessarily the pure RTG experience, but it's a good approximation--You could even go into the editor and edit down some of the stats for the starting company if you wanted to bring the difficulty more in line.

It does give you some interesting angles for your bio though. How does a fresh-faced 18 year old get a booking job at MAW? Are you Ripchords nephew?

Having ran through the first 7 months of my game on the sponsorship favourable 1.05 patch, I caught up to the newest patch today. Having run myself into big debt in the first six months, and only starting to be profitable in month seven, I was worried the sponsorship drop would send me back to making a loss.

However despite my sponsorship decreasing over 50%, I am in love with the new patch's reduced show costs which will are making my shows turn bigger profits now. So now its my time to dig myself out of my mountainous debt, accumulated by running far too many shows, by running another ton of shows.

Don't know how the patch affects the early game struggles, but it seems like a good patch for small companies.

Edit: Also running a ton of shows is quickly turning my character, and most of my young roster, into some of the youngest veterans in the world.

End of Year Three

Notes in Chronological Order

January

Texas Pete showed up to the show drunk. I caved and fined him instead of firing. Next time, I swear!

February

Seth Whitehead is building a clique with Joel Bryant and Aldous Blackfriar

September

After all the recent patches I got it down to about 1.5k loss per month, but it has grown to about 2.5k because the industry and economy are in the D/E range and falling. I cut a lot of workers. I decided to keep my max size at small for now, either until the competition’s production values drop (I believe they earned a ton of money and banked it from the recent patch, so they should be operating at a loss and eventually drop their production values). I’m also hoping that the economy/industry will be on the upswing when I move up to regional.

December

Finally making a profit, I hit about 5k at the end of this month. I'm going to build up my bank a little bit before I get ready to move to regional. The industry is falling but economy is rising.

Awards

Most Improved Company (Year 1)

25th Most Important Company in World, 9th in USA (Year 3)

29th Most Influential Company in World, 10th in USA (Year 2)

0 Workers on Most Popular List

9 Workers on Power 500 (UC at #337, up from #404)

Top 3 Current Workers In Company (According to Creative)

#1. Walter Elemond

#2. Killer Shark

#3. Joel Bryant

Rolls

Year 1: 53. "Casting Call" Hollywood is calling you with a "Major Role", add +10 between your Acting and Star Quality. Add Movie Star to your character (Other Genre) - I'm putting it all in SQ

Year 2: 48. "Charity Event" Your owner has decided to host a charity event. Your next wrestling show gains you no money, but the company gets twice the amount of popularity from it. (Remove how much profit you gain from the next event, after having paid Workers and Show Costs

Year 3: 52. "The Real Rock n' Rolla" You've filled in for a band member one night, who now wants to you tour with them as a result. Add +10 between your Microphone and Charisma. Add "Musician" to your character. (Other Genre)

(I'm getting all these high rolls! Mic already at 95.3 and Charisma at 88.2, going to bump charisma to 97.2 and mic to 96.3) Now a movie AND music star!

Man, I'm already on my company's top five. I overestimated how difficult that would be!

Who does everybody use for early hires? I have more people than I need, but Avalanche Takano and Amy Galaxy have done a stellar job carrying my company. That, and Sex Appeal angles.

I don't remember my early hires really (I don't still have any of them except Seth Whitehead who is dirt cheap). I just remember I didn't cover travel in my contracts which let me have a broader search. Just use them to boost your UC, get him over as fast as you can so you can start to carry the company. Next, you can hire better competition that's on par with your pushed worker.

End of Year 5. Company at regional and I'm pumping out A entertainment angles regularly and am being rated at a 77 during my matches so I can see the light. Profitable with a weekly show too.

Rolls:

Year 1 - +20 painkiller abuse

Year 2 - +20 psychology

Year 3 - +20 drinking/known

Year 4 - Became protege of Barry Bowen

Year 5 - +20 to steroids

Every other year I find a new vice...

Year 6 - +5 Psychology. Pretty excited about that one because I wasn't making much progress.

http://i.imgur.com/WUunNHK.png

Most of my non top row skills are probably close to capped. The only time my microphone has moved is when Bowen shares some tips on the microphone.

http://i.imgur.com/9J9KeIU.png

The 1998 ranking is out of a total of 452 eligible workers and this past year is the first year that the Power 500 has had 500 workers since the first year. I was young wrestler of the half year but lost it out to that Tommy Cornell fella.

http://i.imgur.com/aawSoKI.png

http://i.imgur.com/lGgooox.png

Popularity and finances are pretty good. Profitable with a weekly show for over a year. Probably still a couple years away from cult since I have to start improving my production values. My shows are getting mid 60's with B+/A- main events because of all the penalties hopefully can stay profitable while I slowly upgrade.

I win?

http://i.imgur.com/1xpY3P6.jpg

Thank God, Jesus, Allah, Muhammad, Vishnu, Buddha, and whoever else people pray to that Cornell is only out for 6 weeks. Even without him, I scored a 97 on the next show. These are my second and third shows at National. OLLIE has a perf>>pop product, so when I move to the US, I should already be able to score a 100 with Bruce the Giant and Christian Faith. :)

I win?

Thank God, Jesus, Allah, Muhammad, Vishnu, Buddha, and whoever else people pray to that Cornell is only out for 6 weeks. Even without him, I scored a 97 on the next show. These are my second and third shows at National. OLLIE has a perf>>pop product, so when I move to the US, I should already be able to score a 100 with Bruce the Giant and Christian Faith. :)

Congrats :)

Using the 97 verse? How did you manage to get to a Nation in 6 years? Keep jumping promotions?. Anyway I'm impressed? :)

Congrats :)

Using the 97 verse? How did you manage to get to a Nation in 6 years? Keep jumping promotions?. Anyway I'm impressed? :)

Thanks! I left my small created fed in 2001, jumping to OLLIE (high regional), then built them up to National in 2003.

I win?

You think that's impressive? Tommy Cornell got a 97 with a broken freakin' neck!

Congratulations!

End of Year 7 (January 2004 now in the CV97 game). Company is very profitable and putting on great shows but it'll still take a lot of time to grow even to just Cult. It was a pretty rough year as HGC grew to National and SWF grew to International and destroyed a good portion of my roster. HGC ended up with my mentor Barry Bowen (who I inducted into my company's HoF) and Jack Giedroyc while SWF took Masaturo Katoka, Ultima, Barry Kingman and Outbacker Harris. HGC fell back to Cult but hasn't given up anyone. Really missing those microphone tips from Bowen so hoping that fall will encourage a change in booker eventually :p.

Currently the #7 company in the world and 3rd in the U.S. though. There's an intense amount of Regional battles going on. CZCW declared war on me and USPW, NYCW and World of Fighters are all hostile right now. The COTT Alliance doesn't look too promising. Currently have a deal for events that covers the North West, Great Lakes and New England so Cult should be attainable by the end of this game year. Up to 73 pop in the North West now and could probably run two shows a week and still stay super profitable.

Even though some of our talent got raided, we still have a lot of guys in the top 100 of the Power 500.

#19 - Pepper Vain (UC)

#23 - Alexander Robinson

#36-#40 Tana The Mighty, El Bandido, Richard Coleman, Kashmir Singh

#57 - Harry Wilson

#59 - Lee Bennett (who retired this year and took Joss Thompson as his protege so I keep him around)

#71 - Nathan Black

#73 - Troy Tornado

Rolled a 36. Had 94 Face and 87 Heel so I got them both up to 100. My gimmick ratings haven't moved though, wondering why that is.

End of Year 7 (January 2004 now in the CV97 game). Company is very profitable and putting on great shows but it'll still take a lot of time to grow even to just Cult. It was a pretty rough year as HGC grew to National and SWF grew to International and destroyed a good portion of my roster. HGC ended up with my mentor Barry Bowen (who I inducted into my company's HoF) and Jack Giedroyc while SWF took Masaturo Katoka, Ultima, Barry Kingman and Outbacker Harris. HGC fell back to Cult but hasn't given up anyone. Really missing those microphone tips from Bowen so hoping that fall will encourage a change in booker eventually :p.

Currently the #7 company in the world and 3rd in the U.S. though. There's an intense amount of Regional battles going on. CZCW declared war on me and USPW, NYCW and World of Fighters are all hostile right now. The COTT Alliance doesn't look too promising. Currently have a deal for events that covers the North West, Great Lakes and New England so Cult should be attainable by the end of this game year. Up to 73 pop in the North West now and could probably run two shows a week and still stay super profitable.

Even though some of our talent got raided, we still have a lot of guys in the top 100 of the Power 500.

#19 - Pepper Vain (UC)

#23 - Alexander Robinson

#36-#40 Tana The Mighty, El Bandido, Richard Coleman, Kashmir Singh

#57 - Harry Wilson

#59 - Lee Bennett (who retired this year and took Joss Thompson as his protege so I keep him around)

#71 - Nathan Black

#73 - Troy Tornado

Rolled a 36. Had 94 Face and 87 Heel so I got them both up to 100. My gimmick ratings haven't moved though, wondering why that is.

Gimmick ratings don't improve organically, that's why sadly :(

End of Year 2017

So we're chugging along at regional halfway to Cult (50 importance TriState and 24 New England). I've started running 3 shows in New England with just the monthly finale in the TriState. I think that will see me hit Cult before the end of 2018 unless the Industry really hits the toilet. The fact that we've had nearly 100 shows means that all my workers can actually work - even the likes of Annihulus is getting up to passable pyschology. We're ranked 16th in the World and 4th in the US after the big three who are all at Cult. It looks like SOTBPW's star power is enough to see them rule the world. (They hired Champagne Lover back after a year's absence).

Personally I seemed to really flourish around September and became the most over employee in the TriStates despite not actually beating anyone with more pop than me. All my entertaiment skills improved - unfortunately my in ring skills are still mediocre at best and I need better selling. Halfway through the year I took the chance to bump up my psychology which seemed to be plateauing by hiring the 68-year old Danger Kumasaka. He had been let go by PGHW after breaking his neck in January 2016 and no-one in Japan was interested in getting him. He now earns twice as much as nearly everyone else on our roster, puts (at best) on bland midcard matches but, most importantly, he's kick started my psychology improvement again. As a bonus he had excellent chemistry when teamed with me and by the end of the year we were good enough that I could put the tag titles on us.

End of 2017

End of 2016

An increase of 4 might not seem much but I was starting to give up hope of ever getting over 80 psychology.

2016 Roll: 35 Making Movies - +5 Star Quality, miss a month

2017 Roll: 30 You can dance if you wanna. +5 Safety (not really an area of priority although Avalanche Takano probabaly doesn't agree. He dislikes me after I've injured him not once, but twice. Luckily he's back off to Japan soon).

I guess as the most over worker I should think about making myself figurehead at some stage but I can't bring myself to book myself to win most of my matches and my match performances don't really warrant it. That's the problem with perf over popularity feds.

King of New York (ME): Logan Wolfsbaine

Pennsylvania Title (Midcard): The Architect

Tag Titles: David Narcizo/Danger Kumasaka "Clear and Present"

Duke of the Bronx (Tournament): Avalance Takano

http://i.imgur.com/ETBih1n.gif

We've only lost two guys Davis Wayne Newton (TCW) and Fro Sure (SWF). I'm not really bothered by either. DWN wasn't really with us very long and Fro Sure never really shined as I felt he should and always complained about losing matches. (Probably because his overall pop in the US was higher than anyone elses). I am happy about Kid Fantastic making the list as he's always been at Enhancement or Opener level but he manages to help make some decent matches.

Wrestler of the year El Leon

Company of the year BHOTWG - safely cut off from the Star Power that is SOTBPW they can stay at National.

Match of the year Kozue Kawashima beats Chojiro Kitoaji at BHOTWG Lords of the Ring.

Show of the year BHOTWG Summit Challenge II in August. Kinnojo Horri tied with Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kozue Kawashim defeated Akinori Kwakami.

Young Wrestler of the year Sir Winston Wataga - upper midcard at WLW. Getting to fight Emerald Angel on multiple occasions will do that for you.

Veteran of the year Sean McFly. Lasts year's wrestler of the year becomes the veteran wrestler. Only 8 och so A* matches this year compared to 25 last year.

Female Wrestler of the year DEVIL Karube #45 in Power Listing

Team of the year Kozue Kawashima/Pride Koiso

Challenge status

David Narcizo (American Pro Wrestling Federation (Regional)

Game Date: January 2018

Best UC Match so far: B (with Logan Wolfsbaine vs Fro Sure/The Silencer, August 2017)

Best Singles Match: B- (vs Fro Sure July 2017)

http://i.imgur.com/QEsAHCj.png?1

End of Year Five

- Crashing Economy and Industry hit it's full swing, so I had to drop a few shows to avoid going into red - which wouldn't be a bad thing if it wasn't against my Owner's Goals. My Owner's Critical Goal. (Noted that I had failed one earlier so I couldn't afford to risk it).

- UC grew leaps and bounds... as an entertainer. Literally any angle he's in will be 94/95 minimum. Sitting at mid 80's Pop and 91 charisma is just ratings. Decent enough to carry matches but still needs alot of work.

- UC landed 372 on the Power 500 (down from 318 year prior).

- I'm certain my Face Performance is capped at 80, and my Heel is capped at 96. So it's even more certain that I won't be a figurehead anytime soon, despite my SQ and Charisma.

Year 6 Goals

- Get to Regional

- Get to 70 in Mic + Acting

- Start running several shows per month when the Economy rebounds.

Rolled 7, which is useless seeming that I only had 2 women on the roster. Hailey Buck who's been there for 3 years doing mic training and Marina Del Ray, who after being ignored initially due to her being a cancer backstage, but hired eventually due to seeing "X is tipped for success ect" about her a few times - she ended up with Awesome Chemistry when managing Amazing Firefly. Who's UC has two thumbs and now stuck to a backstage cancer :(

I really wish I could roll a 16, 29 or 30. Just hammer it into my UC's Selling and Psychology. Maybe next year. :p

End of Year Rolls

1. (15) "+20 to your steroid use checkbox"

2. (44) "Go up one level of weight class or body type.

3. (33) “Makeover Time” +14 Sex Appeal, +11 Star Quality, +7 menace

4. (44) “Go up one level of weight class or body type.

5. (07) "That Loving Feeling" Dating Marina Del Ray

Edit: 2 months in I've found the answer to my problem. Chill was released from SWF. Great worker, below average entertainment - the perfect foil for my UC. He'll train my UC's top (he's roughly got 70 in each) and help his Psych + Selling and I'll improve his Entertainment skills. He's already agreed to go to Light Heavyweight so it'll buff his SQ to 70.

Edit 2: After 2 shows, "Vardon Martel" (Chill) has gone from 39 to 64 pop in Great Lakes and his One Percent gimmick is almost Legendary.

The Punisher | Rapid Pro Wrestling

End of Year 3

Year 1 Roll: 42. "Step Into The Light" You get your 15 minutes of fame. +5 Pop across entire base country.

Year 2 Roll: 29. “So, Tell Me About Your Mother…”You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Psychology skill

Year 3 Roll: 30. “You Can Dance If You Wanna” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Safety skill

-Couple of Notes-

-Back to back most improved company of the year

-Going to start holding 2 shows a month to make the push the regional

-Still haven't lost a single regional battle

Well, hello. Last time I was into TEW in 2010 so I gave 2016 a chance and started a RTG. Forgot to take a screenshot but I honestly had no idea what I'm doing so I did some stupid things (wasted skill points on Commentating etc.).

So in all honesty I don't expect to become a very memorable wrestling icon in this save. This are my stats after year one:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=c505c2-1463079237.png

I rolled "32. +5 to your Selling skill" at the end of the year. Otherwise I improved okay-ish in all stats but I'm far away from becoming a good wrestler. I do not push myself that much so my best match was a "33" rated match against Jack Avatar.

My company held two shows per month in the first six months and a show per week with the beginning of July. I managed to become "Small" in August. Whisky Jack and K.P. Avatar held my main event title six months each. Roger Monteiro is my two-time midcard champion already. Jack Avatar has won my anual tournament to wrap up the year. I think he will become my next World Champ too.

I also won the most improved company award.

So yeah. Was a hard year to beginn with but I'm slowly climbing the ranks.

I feel like the "habit" rolls (Steroids, smoking, ect.) should all include some kind of stat modifier as well. For instance, who starts doing steroids and doesn't get stronger/bigger? Painkillers could increase toughness. Smoking could increase... Charisma? Cool Gimmick? Religion maybe increases consistency? Drugs increases hardcore? Drinking... Um, brawling maybe? Or just give a negative to something, eh.

I feel like the "habit" rolls (Steroids, smoking, ect.) should all include some kind of stat modifier as well. For instance, who starts doing steroids and doesn't get stronger/bigger? Painkillers could increase toughness. Smoking could increase... Charisma? Cool Gimmick? Religion maybe increases consistency? Drugs increases hardcore? Drinking... Um, brawling maybe? Or just give a negative to something, eh.

Nice idea, actually. Some could have both, smoking could drop stamina by 5 pts or something along with adding to cool gimmick performance, drinking and drugs could both also cause a consistency drop perhaps? Some good possibilities, but yeah, if steroids gets to 20% or more, it should at least give you one body type increase if not a size increase.