The Road to Glory Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait for Derek B to confirm but i'm pretty sure you always have to be the booker.

I would agree; I always read the "you can only take a booking job in a company 1 level higher than yours" as meaning you couldn't become an owner.

I would agree; I always read the "you can only take a booking job in a company 1 level higher than yours" as meaning you couldn't become an owner.

I guess I thought making a company was an exception since it was smaller than your current company. Are you able to just be the booker if you create your own company?

I guess I thought making a company was an exception since it was smaller than your current company. Are you able to just be the booker if you create your own company?

I've always done RTG as an owner- I guess it's RTG Modified, or RTG Lite. Probably lite is best, as you don't have the headache of owners or owner goals. On the other hand, you have the headache of being an owner of a local fed, so I reckon it evens out :)

I've always done RTG as an owner- I guess it's RTG Modified, or RTG Lite. Probably lite is best, as you don't have the headache of owners or owner goals. On the other hand, you have the headache of being an owner of a local fed, so I reckon it evens out :)

Ultimately your choice, just like how I play with Grades/Numbers :)

Started an RTG in the CV97 universe with Perfect Pepper Vain (the avatar that says he's good for the challenge). Ran my first show on the first day (to get sponsorship money rolling) but apparently got the owner goal to not fall below $0 and immediately failed it after the show. Already got owner patience at low. Used four wrestlers and a referee (the owner Dwight Kumas, who is deferring his pay already) and I'm already $2,300 in the hole but sponsorship says it'll be about $3,000. First show had a bunch of my main eventers working somewhere else so I might keep trying that to keep them from getting mad at me holding the world title in the midcard...

http://i.imgur.com/lieBfC6.jpg

Tried to be "gamy" with some stuff, but I'm sure it will backfire. Product is +pop modern lucha, based in Tri State.

Not sure why you put Sex Appeal to be honest. It's like Menace where you need a lot to be useful, unless I've missed something apart of the update to 16'. Unless you're banking on going up a weight class and getting into shape, I guess that would make it 50-60 range?

Not sure why you put Sex Appeal to be honest. It's like Menace where you need a lot to be useful, unless I've missed something apart of the update to 16'. Unless you're banking on going up a weight class and getting into shape, I guess that would make it 50-60 range?

Maybe the man just wants to be sexy. :p

Sex appeal now contributes to an Angle's Entertainment rating, though only a minor impact.

Started last night as Eggs "The Aviator" McKenzie, a high-flyer with some all-around skill and the ability to sell the pants off another wrestler's butt. I'll post a screen cap when I get home from work, but here's the big kicker--Economy started at F+ Rising. I'm bleeding money bad, but hopefully if I can get through the first year this economy will guarantee smooth sailing later on.

Never done this before, but I'm deep into my first year with my character. I don't really know the right ways to be super game-y about running companies this small but I'm learning. Can't wait to finish my first year and roll the dice.

Never done this before, but I'm deep into my first year with my character. I don't really know the right ways to be super game-y about running companies this small but I'm learning. Can't wait to finish my first year and roll the dice.

You don't even have to be super "gamey" to run these games tbh. You just have to be a little miserly and financially savy--Don't hire workers for more than bare-minimum, don't bring on 20 workers, don't pay hand out bonuses or financial perks in contracts, and keep a few workers off each card. Basically, act like that scumbag local booker/owner everyone hears about for the first year or two until you build your popularity.

The only gamey thing I'd recommend is to start with a favourable product for sponsorship, and to set-up the org with a very cheap owner. Otherwise the game is fairly true to real life.

http://i.imgur.com/yeyq5st.png?1

End of Year One

- Steady stat increase, should be a decent workhorse in about 2-3 years. Entertainment skills coming nicely as well.

- Company started strong, until the Economy and Industry collapsed (same time as Japan's Tsunami). Had to slow now midway through the year, that and losing pop/influence due to not having enough workers (injuries days before the card) and your ref/owner being elsewhere without warning for a random show :p

- UC's got good popularity, best matches being a pair of 65's (carried all the way :D )

- Rolled 15 for the Yearly Roll. Well, I guess I can't be a figurehead for the foreseeable future. Really wanted just 1 more, rolling that 16 would of been incredible :(

Year 2 Goals

- Get to Small

- Don't get caught for steroids

- Try get a top row skill to 55-60.

End of Year Rolls

1. (15) "+20 to your steroid use checkbox"

You don't even have to be super "gamey" to run these games tbh. You just have to be a little miserly and financially savy--Don't hire workers for more than bare-minimum, don't bring on 20 workers, don't pay hand out bonuses or financial perks in contracts, and keep a few workers off each card. Basically, act like that scumbag local booker/owner everyone hears about for the first year or two until you build your popularity.

The only gamey thing I'd recommend is to start with a favourable product for sponsorship, and to set-up the org with a very cheap owner. Otherwise the game is fairly true to real life.

Thanks Pogo, I appreciate the tips. I edited Rocky Mountain Wrestling down to nothing but the $1,000 and zeros everywhere else. So not a great product for sponsorship but I'm already in it so I'll see if I can dig myself out.

I didn't pre-select an owner, I got Marv Earnest which seems to be good so far. I've only been booking two matches a card (three the first month) and I'm still down about $5,000 overall but there haven't been any alarm bells yet. I've been paying my wrestlers between $400-$500 an appearance so I'm going to go back into the free agent pool and look for some cheaper talent.

I created a character with 0 in every in-ring category, but 75s in all entertainment categories, SQ, colour, athleticism, and stamina. There's a backstory, but I've typed it and lost it twice, so maybe another time.

Anyway, I'll work the post shows until I deserve to be in the pre-show, etc. He never went through training, so he's never been in the ring. On-the-job training, basically.

In Mexico. I've never played in Mexico, or with a lucha style, at all.

Using the CV97 mod. I've never played a CV game outside of the demo.

I'm excited for the challenge.

I created a character with 0 in every in-ring category, but 75s in all entertainment categories, SQ, colour, athleticism, and stamina. There's a backstory, but I've typed it and lost it twice, so maybe another time.

Anyway, I'll work the post shows until I deserve to be in the pre-show, etc. He never went through training, so he's never been in the ring. On-the-job training, basically.

In Mexico. I've never played in Mexico, or with a lucha style, at all.

Using the CV97 mod. I've never played a CV game outside of the demo.

I'm excited for the challenge.

Well, it should be super easy to get over but I have a feeling you're going to have a hard time getting a A* match in anything BUT a very pop heavy org, if that's what you're going for.

http://i.imgur.com/0n8wHU0l.png

Woohoo! This RTG just got A LOT easier! I'm finally out of my hell hole of 0/0/0/0 company to a small Japanese company that's part of The Modern Japan Movement. And to top it all off, they have 10 MILLION in the bank! Improvements are about to be made in rapid fashion :D

Well, it should be super easy to get over but I have a feeling you're going to have a hard time getting a A* match in anything BUT a very pop heavy org, if that's what you're going for.

To be fair, I did leave 110 points on the table, thinking that would add to the challenge. Perhaps I was wrong, but whatever, it's the first time I've ever created a character.

Ultimately, the goal is whatever the top company is in Mexico, then the USA, regardless of product. Maybe Japan, too, but that's a long time from now lol.