[Beta Release] GIF'fing the Cornellverse!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unofficial Cornellverse GIF pack for TEW2016 by FINisher

BETA RELEASE

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/gifverse.jpg

Download:

Unofficial Cornellverse GIF pack for TEW2016 by FINisher

What's this?

This is the 3506 Cornellverse worker images converted into a .gif format and having their blue background erased so that you and the whole TEW2016 playerbase can take advantage of the new feature in the game: New Picture Formats & Automatic Custom Backgrounds!

From Dev. Journal: "Feb 03: New Picture Formats & Automatic Custom Backgrounds. As well as JPG format, the game now also gives the option to support BMP and GIF pictures. Please note that PNG is not supported - as with WMMA, this is not through choice but because the programming language does not support it. One advantage of this is that the game now offers automatic custom backgrounds for transparent GIFs. For example, if you view a worker who has a transparent GIF picture in a company specific screen (i.e. a roster screen) then the background behind him will automatically be that company's logo - this essentially creates a custom background wherever that worker goes."

Further patches during beta applied this to the rest of the screens aswell: Match and Angle booking, running the show screens and such.

On a personal note, this is my tribute to the GDS community and to the TEW series of games. To Adam Ryland, to all the people who have contributed to it all by creating content, images, diaries, logos, banners, graphics, buttons, skins, mods and databases. :)

Foreword:

This is a beta release! Not all images have been done; Not all images are perfect. Sadly I noticed halfway through that the earlier images are nowhere near the quality I did later, so around A to G or H you'll see a lot of blue pixels, missing parts or other bugs in the images. I promise you I will get back to these images and fix them when I have the time, there will be several patches along the ride! :)

Also I skipped some alt images for certain people; who needs 16th Jack Bruce alt when you can have 16 other workers with their images done! Not all images are perfect as I had to use the same 150x150 images that come with the game, I didn't have the original renders and thus some worker images, especially women with long hair or other workers with props etc., have been altered heavily so that they'll look decent with the new feature. Some images I've polished pixel by pixel.

Installation:

1. Copy the "People" folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\TEW2016\Pictures\Default location (ie. where you have the game installed).

2. Run TEW2016, go to Editor - Edit Database - Free Pictures - Mass Edit. Click "Select All", then choose "Picture becomes .GIF format", then press "Mass Edit" & "Yes". Go back two screens, to the main editor screen.

3. Apply the same process to Workers - Mass Edit. Click "Select All", then choose "Picture becomes .GIF format", then press "Mass Edit" & "Yes".

4. Start a new game!

(5. When I release the patch fixes, you can manually edit the in-game worker files from the in-game editor so that they'll take place in your savegame. Just extracting them to your People folder might not work if the game has already been started before the patch installation. NOTE: Some worker images might have a broken path to their worker image. I'll check this out when I have the time!)

If you are unhappy with a certain worker image, please note that there's 3505 other images in the database. The CVFP images have jewels in them, you can easily switch the worker image to someone elses in the meantime while I fix the them :) Also do write feedback, "bug findings" and such to the thread which can be found stickied in the TEW2016 Mods section.

Have fun!

Thanks for taking the time to do this

It was a pleasure.. My tribute to all you guys, to the whole GDS community and to the great series of TEW games. Plus now I can finally play the game :p

I've noticed a lot of "bug" fixes already but please do report if you want a certain worker image fixed ASAP, I will get to it and release patches when I have the time. Right now I just want to relax for a bit. :o

I started a test game and I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but on news stories and the like for other companies I'm just getting a black background for people. Is this supposed to be happening? I thought you mentioned in your previous posts this was fixed in a patch.

http://i.imgur.com/3zOq73Y.png

That is actually supposed to happen as of now. The very first edition only showed the photos in the company's Roster screen. Now it shows it in the Roster, Match and Angle booking aswell as when you run the show etc.

I've posted a new thread into the tech support section, I'm asking which file those news and unemployment backgrounds use / if they use a file at all which I think is how it is right now. Hopefully we'll get more support for the feature!

That is actually supposed to happen as of now. The very first edition only showed the photos in the company's Roster screen. Now it shows it in the Roster, Match and Angle booking aswell as when you run the show etc.

I've posted a new thread into the tech support section, I'm asking which file those news and unemployment backgrounds use / if they use a file at all which I think is how it is right now. Hopefully we'll get more support for the feature!

Ah okay, cool. So then mine isn't broken. Good to know. :D

Will the hotfixes require a new game to be started?

Haven't tested so I don't know :S But if it doesn't work straightaway, you can load up your save, go to in-game editor (Workers -> select worker -> click photo) and search for the file there. It should refresh itself to the new one! I'll test it now. :)

EDIT: On my latest save (created in the middle of doing that hotfix so 50-50 were edited and the other half not), I think it shows the updated versions. But I could be wrong though).