Keeping It "Indy"

Many years ago I worked for various "Indy" groups in VA /NC as a referee. Those groups never envisioned taking on Vince or Crockett. We just used local guys and brought in a "Name" or two (IE: Wahoo McDaniels, Ivan and Nikita Koloff, Cactus Jack Manson, etc) who were between dates working for the big boys. It was one of the best times of my life.

With that in mind, I have decided to try something that I have never done before with this game. I am playing as MAW and I have decided to intentionally attempt to just be a very good Indy promotion. If I grow it is fine, but my goals are:

1. I will never have "written" contracts.

2. I will run a "weekly" show in small venues but never attempt to get a TV deal.

3. I will run a monthly "Big Event", but never attempt to get a PPV.

4. I will only have one or two "Names" at the top of the card but the rest of the card will be up and coming guys.

5. I will never go over the suggested Roster size.

6. I will just have to deal with my talented guys moving on, in fact it sounds like a fun challenge. I actually am excited to see how "My Boys" do as they move on! Maybe in the future I can bring them in for a few "One Off" shows for old time sake.

7. I am going to give myself a financial bump just so I can get going before being broke. hehehehehe

I will let you know of any other "Rules" that I come up with along the way.

Any Ideas? What do you think?

You should push one of the secret agents and try to get them to SWF. I'm interested in what happens but never get around to building them up.

Unless it's the super secret feature that we can't get into the demo that no regular player knows yet (which would be hilarious) nothing special happens.

I love playing as MAW,and keeping it "Indy"....I always take great pride when my guys sign written deals with the big boys. With that said, don't sign Lucas Danger. I have already pissed 3 guys off because he worked a fatal four-way while visibly strung out on drugs....typical backyard behavior.

Right now, it is my goal to build up Austin Smooth so he can get signed to SWF

Im doing something very similar as maw in the demo. Added a few more companies to the alliance, put the alliance strap on one of my boys. only difference is id like a public access tv ahow or something super minor. also, if we do grow i wont fight it, i might embrace it and try to pull the other alliance territories up with me by loaning them names

Archived