How did everyone do in the first national battle? USPW finished last, TCW 2nd, SWF (me) 1st. TCW and SWF had no popularity change, but USPW fell hard, and dropped all the way to 72 across the US and are at cult. They are still the #1 company but I don't see that lasting long.

That's happened in all of my games as well. I've edited the default database and gave USPW main events a tiny bit more popularity to make sure TCW falls instead since that seems more in touch with how the gameworld has been progressing.

Anyway, SWF is in a really interesting place and I'll definitely have my first more serious game with them. My big storyline has Shane Sneer show up (When Hell Freezes Over seems a fitting point for the former USPW booker to appear) and threaten to sign up multiple SWF stars to his very own faction (mimicking the Black Wednesday Betrayal though I'm not gonna play it as a NWO style invasion but a more traditional stable). Depending on chemistry, I'll decide which of the top heels are gonna join Sneer's new stable but I'm very much hoping for at least Remo and Rogue (I really like how "Remo & Rogue" sounds as a team name, for starters ;)).

Another thing I'm already having fun with is jobbing out Everest and Bear Bekowski to Primus Allen until they either quit or I finally fire their worthless backsides...

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this. I usually use USPW in my cverse save but since they are #1 now I'm going elsewhere and SWF is what I'm thinking. Can somebody give me a quick rundown of how to go about running SWF?

Jack Bruce, Jack Bruce, Jack Bruce.

The top of the card is still really strong to pull the grades. The biggest issue is the roster is so heel heavy and the main event is pretty old, so that makes building new main eventers key. I would say your Supreme Challenge should look like WM21 where your future really comes front and center.

Good news is the roster already has the next crop of main event babies. Valiant is the easiest, and very likely the next figurehead. Atomic is solid and Davids will be solid post injury. After that it's going to take a little bit of building. Hernandez, Lau and Parker are all great pieces and can play both sides.

Remo will be your top heel for years. After that it's the same issue: everyone else is old. You'll have to find good heels to take over. I'd look at Gargantuan, Primus Alen, Spencer Spade. Spade could also be a figurehead once he's over though.

Jack Bruce, Jack Bruce, Jack Bruce.

The top of the card is still really strong to pull the grades. The biggest issue is the roster is so heel heavy and the main event is pretty old, so that makes building new main eventers key. I would say your Supreme Challenge should look like WM21 where your future really comes front and center.

Good news is the roster already has the next crop of main event babies. Valiant is the easiest, and very likely the next figurehead. Atomic is solid and Davids will be solid post injury. After that it's going to take a little bit of building. Hernandez, Lau and Parker are all great pieces and can play both sides.

Remo will be your top heel for years. After that it's the same issue: everyone else is old. You'll have to find good heels to take over. I'd look at Gargantuan, Primus Alen, Spencer Spade. Spade could also be a figurehead once he's over though.

thank you very much I appreciate it

Another thing I'm already having fun with is jobbing out Everest and Bear Bekowski to Primus Allen until they either quit or I finally fire their worthless backsides...

Bear Bekowski is actually a surprisingly good worker. I have him acting as Eric Eisen's bodyguard.

As for Everest, I'm surprised he wasn't fired in-game after Peter Michaels left.

Just wondering where to go next with story lines.

I currently have James feuding with Valiant (B+),

Eisen/Khoklov feuding with Morgan (B),

Bruce vs Crippler (B+),

Gilmore vs Remo (B+),

Die Hard (Squeeky McClean in a mask!) hired by Rogue to take out Vengeance (B-).

I have Flying Jimmy Foxx and Human Arsenal coming onto the roster within the next couple of weeks, also Everest, Big Smack Scott and Bear Bekowski have been sent down to RIPW.

October 2016 now, and I made Jefferson Stardust and Mikey Lau reach Main Event Level.

El Militico is a major addition, as well as Mr. Lucha, both being rated as Ring Generals and Show Stoppers, one being an Upper Mid Carder, the other a Mid Carder, will make them go at the Tag Titles soon, but El Militico could really get a superstar single.

Others to sign and push include Justin Sensitive, Kirk Jameson, Hugh de Aske, Mighty Mo and Fro Sure.

But Fro Sure seems limited in the ring, or got a bad destiny roll in my game.

On the top, Jack Bruce has reached popularity 100, Angry Gilmore is my World Champion, feuding heavily with Remo, and Skull de Bones took the North American Title away from Squeeky Mclean, who won it from Joey Morgan,

who I need to plan a title run for again, as I really like his character.

I've got Jack Bruce up to 94 pop and Marat and Skull to 87/88 and the rest are around 80/81.

I'm trying to sign a few female wrestlers that are good at basics and psychology for my B show to give them a good push.

Kurt kinda cheesed everyone off with his obnoxious attitude and tbh he's quite poor in the ring so I waited til after I jobbed him on my B show and then terminated his contract.

Valiant has dropped down to Upper Midcard in my game too.

good afternoon fellow SWFers.

looking for a bit of advice, in 2013 version I did a storyline of :

Enforcer Roberts, never had a title shot, never been in a no1 contender match.

long slog to get him over and have his moment, finally winning title.

as he is now no longer an active member of roster (don't want to change that) who would be best to use the :

"Never had a title shot, never been in no1 contender match"?

thanks in advance.

good afternoon fellow SWFers.

looking for a bit of advice, in 2013 version I did a storyline of :

Enforcer Roberts, never had a title shot, never been in a no1 contender match.

long slog to get him over and have his moment, finally winning title.

as he is now no longer an active member of roster (don't want to change that) who would be best to use the :

"Never had a title shot, never been in no1 contender match"?

thanks in advance.

Heel or Babyface? Because if its a babyface you could have Jungle Lord (i assume he's never been close to contention in SWF, also he could play heel too), Captain Atomic, Frederique Antonio Garcia, Squeeky McClean (he may have had a shot canonically, but i'm unsure) theres many guys in the mid to late 30's in SWF who have never had their fair shot for the World Title

First time playing as SWF and was looking over the events ahead of time and noticed some AI instructions for welcome to the jungle and christmas clash.

Christmas Clash is the same as Survivor Series, but every match is 4vs4?

Welcome to the jungle has a battle royal listed though, held after the biggest event. Whats the canon function with this one?

Are there any other ppv event specfic things that generally happen at any other events?.

First time playing as SWF and was looking over the events ahead of time and noticed some AI instructions for welcome to the jungle and christmas clash.

Christmas Clash is the same as Survivor Series, but every match is 4vs4?

Welcome to the jungle has a battle royal listed though, held after the biggest event. Whats the canon function with this one?

Are there any other ppv event specfic things that generally happen at any other events?.

AFAIK there is no "official canon" for what generally happens, but I'll go over what I do. I book Christmas Clash like Survivor Series is booked today. There's generally a theme of large tag team matches, but I also throw in singles matches and normal tag teams. I do try to make it a goal to get as many workers on the main card as possible.

For Welcome to the Jungle, I hold a Royal Rumble style 30-man Battle Royal with the winner receiving a title shot that can be turned into a match at any point until the next year's Supreme Challenge. I really like the placement of this PPV because it can set someone up for a monumental year or big storyline right after the "season finale" that is SC. Even though I usually have the challenger lose, I often use it to move someone up from upper midcarder to main eventer.

As far as other PPVs, I book The World Is Watching like the SWF's SummerSlam. Not only can it be seen as the 2nd biggest PPV of the year, but it's in a perfect spot to trigger a storyline that concludes at SC. For Under Control, I put the main event matches in a cage. Ultimately it's up to you, and I'm interested to hear other ideas for PPVs.

I don't like to have too many guaranteed gimmicks on PPVs. If you do that, you run into a situation where creatively you're in a corner. It's like WWE did before they started changing it the last few years. If you have a PPV every year where you hold a gimmick match, for example the Hell in a Cell at Under Control, then you're booking that match regardless of whether it's right for whatever program you're putting in it.

Instead, I keep to PPV specific matches like The Rumble in the Jungle (Royal Rumble) at Welcome to the Jungle with the winner getting the money in the bank treatment (winner has a year to get a SWF World Heavyweight Championship match at any event of his choosing), but I also don't run a Money in the Bank. With Christmas Clash, I try to keep it all 4v4 but I keep the matches long, so no more than 3 or 4 matches. Under Control is where I'll hold an Elimination Chamber if stories call for it, and Let The Games Begin will be where War Games are held, again, if stories call for it.

Past that, it really depends where all the stories are at. I don't like to use gimmick matches too much, instead I keep them special. I'll use things like Last Man Standing, No DQ, Street Fights etc. fairly often for PPVs, but the real gimmick matches like Cage, Ladder, HIAC etc I keep special.

But ultimately, it's your game world. Make your own canon!

I don't like to have too many guaranteed gimmicks on PPVs. If you do that, you run into a situation where creatively you're in a corner. It's like WWE did before they started changing it the last few years. If you have a PPV every year where you hold a gimmick match, for example the Hell in a Cell at Under Control, then you're booking that match regardless of whether it's right for whatever program you're putting in it.

I completely understand that, but I think Under Control is in the perfect place on the schedule to make it work. Even if Supreme Challenge is the end all be all of events, not all storylines are going to end there. Especially if I have a special matchup I was saving for SC, a rematch or two might be called for. Welcome to the Jungle is tough for this because the battle royal takes up so much of the event, so it really isn't hard to have at least two or three big storylines waiting to finish for Under Control.

So where better than to hold the elimination chamber? Hold qualifying matches for the weeks leading up to the PPV. Say Remo is champ after SC, he defends his belt in a rematch at WttJ, then the following 4 weeks you hold 4 qualifying matches to see who joins Remo and his dance partner from SC and WttJ in the Elimination Chamber. From there you have a number of storylines that could come as a result of a 6 man match to carry you through towards the new year!

The Cell, for me anyways, is the be all end all of a feud. You go to that Cell when there's nothing left to contain the two in the program.

The Elimination Chamber, on the other hand, is a really fun and brutal gimmick match, but with any multiman match, it's a little difficult to get invested in the story as if it was a 1 v 1 match, hence why you could just do qualifying matches to get the remaining participants. You go in with the two in the feud + 4, so anything could happen. Then on the flipside you have a multitude of stories from the fallout of the match, depending on how you believe it would play out.

I've always moved it to two months before The Supreme Challenge and used it identically to the Royal Rumble.

This year I'm going to do the same and replace the post-Supreme Challenge PPV with a Christian Faith Legacy Tournament, for midcarders/upper midcarders that I'm looking to transition into the main event.

So where better than to hold the elimination chamber?

Honestly I've never done an elimination chamber for SWF. You've definitely given me a lot to think about there.

The Cell, for me anyways, is the be all end all of a feud. You go to that Cell when there's nothing left to contain the two in the program.

I completely agree. I don't just hash out Under Control like any other PPV and just throw the top 2 or 3 matches into the Supreme Cell (my HiaC). It's definitely planned out far in advance. These are feuds that couldn't even finish on the grandest stage of them all. Then they either have another messy finish at WttJ or meet again in the battle royal and to me, the Cell is a natural escalation of the feud. Having 2 or 3 of these per year that feel called for is not very hard. I'll still bust out the match at other PPVs if the feud demands it.

Thanks, I was expecting there to be a worker bio or something detailing the function of it, but I guess it was left open for the user to go where they want.

Not sure where ill go with that yet, but ill be keeping clash as is, always liked the survivor series matchs.

SWF Network

What's everybody doing in terms of the SWF Network? Are you waiting until you have just enough to start it in the US and upgrade after that, or are you waiting until you have a ton of cash to start it as big sized?

I want to go ahead and get it going as ASAP just so I can get RIPW some national coverage, but wasn't sure if that was the best option.

What's everybody doing in terms of the SWF Network? Are you waiting until you have just enough to start it in the US and upgrade after that, or are you waiting until you have a ton of cash to start it as big sized?

I want to go ahead and get it going as ASAP just so I can get RIPW some national coverage, but wasn't sure if that was the best option.

I think I'm going to wait until I've got enough cash that the Network will be at least as big as the coverage available to me in each region already.

In order to help development I might try to replicate NXT, in terms of creating a 'developmental brand' (but keeping RIPW open so that I can have the guys that are nowhere close to main roster down there and the guys that are much closer to the main roster on the other brand) but run it as a B show on whatever TV channel will give me a B show.

Working steadily on rebuilding the Tag Division brought in a bunch of teams..now I just need to get their popularity up..but for now the division looks something like this

The Awesomeness - Still Tag Champs as I head into the Spring/Summer..I want to say April or May...don't have the game up in front of me at the moment. I want to split them up but I'm not sure if I want to do it this year with SC already around the corner or wait and put it off until next year. Main Reason is Jefferson is my #1 NBT

The Amazing Bumfholes - The #1 faces of the division...tempted to see them go their separate ways...but with my plans to split up the Champs...they are probably going to have to wait. May put the titles on them and have the feud with the rest of the division heels

The Pain Alliance - Heel team..no long term plans will probably use them to get over a much needed Face team

Bulletproof - Shield/Bullet Club inspired team of Lenny Brown and Lassana Matsuki...They're getting over but like most teams I have they're heels..

The Dynasty - The Keith Twins...just snagged up Matthew from Japan...luckily they have some decent pop but I'm not sure how long I may have them together as a team..until they both get pushed to the main event.

The Ring Generals/Thunder & Lightning/The Good Ol' Boys - Teams that need more time to get over before I put them consistently on tv.

In RIPW I do have The American Cobras and a few other AI Generated Teams but I'm really thinking about a team between Mitco Jr and Mr. Lucha III which would be perfect for a face team.