Modding Discussion Thread

I figured a thread to discuss creating or converting mods, the adjustments required, tweaks, and so on, could be useful. The General Discussion has the Conversion To Do List thread and The Great Body Debate as well. But this might help for finding tweaks. Things like adjusting broadcasters and the like.

So to start with.... a question. I've run test sims on two different conversions and found a lot of smaller promotions go out of business before too long. I checked for things like drug testing, too many contracts with travel pay, roster talent too far above the company popularity, or national trends, and I don't see any specific causes. I've also done similar tests with the Cverse and it doesn't suffer the same issues, so I don't see it being a game issue. The easy solution is to give the local, small, and regional promotions unrealistic finances to start with. Looking for other suggestions of cases.

Funny you mention that because I remember from TEW 2013 in my own Risky Business mod, I actually had to put in some money narratives so that the WWF wouldn't lose money every playthrough because no matter what my testers or I did, just about every company was losing money. It's also why I gave the companies weekly "house shows." Now apart from All Japan and New Japan (and I think even they were Cult), nobody was National. And in the game world settings, I had Importance pretty high. I wonder if either I set it too high or if I had companies' pop too low, or what. :confused:

Era's, Industry, Trends can effect the business.

Which companies are going broke papa? Sounds like reality to me, compnies like TNA have sugar daddy's who pump money into them. This is a feature in fm maybe good idea for tew

It's not cheap running a wrestling company nor should it be in game.

Archived