This is the place to talk about one of the most talented and fun indie companies to book on TEW, CZCW!!!

The Coastal Zone has always been that fed in the C-Verse that captured my attention. TEW13 was a great time for the Coastal zone with it's top talent on the roster as well as Coastal Zone legend able to be brought back in.

TEW16 has seen a turnaround in talent but CZCW still holds some talented workers with the Wild Cats looking to be an exciting part of the roster.

Has any one got any plans for the Coastal zone to take them to the next level?

Personally over time I want to implement a couple of changes to the dynamic of how it's booked.

I'm not a fan of just flippy stuff and I believe the coastal Zone syle is not just about flips, but it's the attitude of the in ring style putting on top class shows with some fast paced action from the lightweight and stipulation matches going on in very show.

However I'm a believer of if it happens all of the time then it's not special.

So I will be having no more than 2 stipulation matches per show. The other matches will remain high intensity and excitement.

I will, however, be balancing it out with a division introduced for pure technical wrestling with a bit of Japanese Strong Style thrown in, it will remain high intensity and exciting, kind of like the ROH Pure title with more excitement. The fans will get a lightweight fast paced match full of spots and excitement one match then the next a breather with a solid technical showcase between two masters of the ring (In theory) kind of like how ECW broke up their Hardcore matches with a match between some top workers like Jericho. It'll be also fun to book when two people from the different divisions clash.

CZCW Extreme will be purly High spot stip fests

CZCW Pure will be a mix between pure wrestling and Japanese Strong style

CZCW Championship will be anyone from an of those division can compete to see who is the best in the company.

I can then accommodate slightly heavier wrestlers being in the company that way the occasional Light Heavyweight can come in for the pure and gonwards for the CZCW championship.

Hopefully by the time I reach Cult I'll have more rounded roster and have some of the lightweights develop their basics and technical skills by being around the Pure division workers.

Sounds very similar to how I've always booked CZCW myself. I've always seen it as a hybrid RoH/ECW promotion and whenever I took over it in older games the first thing I'd do was introduce Heel/Face dynamic, try and promote storylines.

I've never thought about promoting a strong style type of work ethic or division though, it might be hard in 2016 with the way the new mechanics work in the product system but it would be interesting to see.

CZCW and MAW are the two promotions I normally enjoy playing the most, they've got a good backbone already and plenty of room to develop them into larger promotions. Biggest drawback in the game is trying to get PPV/TV deals in the C-Verse with small promotions.

In it's basic form I do see it mostly like a flippy lucha type of show with a lot of stipulation matches but looking at deeply I feel there is room to evolve it whilst keeping the attitude and feel of the coastal Zone.

The Coastal Zone is a tight nit community and atmosphere but I feel as long as the change still involved the matches being good quality and exciting then it would still be very much a Coastal zone product.

Planing on starting with having lightweight/middle weight technical workers coming to ease in a transition. Think of a Zack Sabre Jr type.

Eventually heavier weight technical worker will be introduced as long as the can still go and perform in the odd stip ladder match with the highfliers.

I normally push Acid as the biggest dog in the yard, the only guy my evil user character boss can't defeat. like how LU book that King Cuerno or Mascaras whatever he was. This year he's snapped up tho :( I need a new guy to fill the role.

CZCW has Modern and Lucha as its two KEY components. It is full of high octane fast paced action. That is not to say that's all flippy stuff. It is still a performance over pop fed which means all its story is told in the ring and you can't tell a good story if you are just a spot monkey. Daredevil and Cult as Medium says more about them they like to give the crowd a bit of thrilling action and they do it in such a manner as to have slightly darker and edgier characters. Even without the Face/Heel divide they stil require gimmicks and they like them to be more 3 dimensional that just bland heroes and villains.

Although player's aren't bound by this I always follow the guidelines for the AI in hiring. No one over Light Heavyweight and no one with under D (I'd say decent in the search function athletics.) You usually get a owner goal of no one over 35 so I see CZCW as trying to hire new younger talent.

There's not a huge reason to hire a lot of folks off the bat you're already 4 over the minimum roster. I tend to like a bloated roster but I'm gonn try and stick close. I tried a few play throughs and you lose Masked Cougar and Donnie J every single time so you'll see some move up if you're not picking up already over talent.

Also of note is CZCW requires at least one High Spot, Car Crash or Steal The Show match on every card.

If you stick to the under Lt Hvywght, under 35 and at least decent athleticism you've still got a fair amount of workers to choose from. Well over 200 workers to pick from/ Personally I like to calm locker room and workers I can develop so looking for not negative workers and under 30 that narrows the field further while still giving you a lot of prospects. And if you're like me and like stars who only worker for you that leaves about 31 potential new hires. More than enough to flesh out your rosters as other talent flops or gets picked up by bigger promotions. Riley McManus, El Mitico Jr, JOJI and Gidayu Katou will probably be early hires for me. Maybe Quentin Queen and Sterling Whitlock as well.

CZCW has Modern and Lucha as its two KEY components. It is full of high octane fast paced action. That is not to say that's all flippy stuff. It is still a performance over pop fed which means all its story is told in the ring and you can't tell a good story if you are just a spot monkey.

It's actually Performance=Pop now.

So I've started up... Had a pretty good first show with Fox taking the gold from Donnie to prepare for the inevitable Donnie USPW relocation...

They just signed Fox.

So that's Fox, Donnie, and Cougar... All Gone. Time to figure out a new champion I suppose.

I'm into September Year 1 and gaining pop.

Only doing 1 show per month this first year, then in year two I' be doing a second show a month every month with the occasional extra event.

A few of my guys have been poached. 3 commentators/ managers Guru, Peter Michaels, Eric Tyler.

Frankie Perez signed a written deal with BHOTWG last month :/ ruining story i'd built up.

Shimpei the partner of Commander just got injured whilst competing in Japan, out for 11 months.. ruining the push I as giving them to be the guys o dethrone Zoned Out.

Super Ninja was injured by Fro sure, out with Broken Neck for over a year. ruining that feud.

I have my user as the CZCW champion until I get the net generation of Main eventer over.

Having to speed up the Ross Henry turn on my users group by a few months to be the top program whilst Cali love machine, Greg Gauge, Fro, Tigre Salvaje Jr, Commander, Damian Dastardly get over to the Main Event.

I signed Marc Dubois, to a short 3 month contract to test him. in month two he as noticeably high in the match. Going to give him another 3 month extension and see how many times he messess up. another time an he wil be jobbed out to everyone on his way out.

• 6 months later...

<p>What's the best way to book this, in terms of match aims and match types? I get dinged for low-risk matches if I just use 1v1 matches, but I wouldn't think I should do every match as a tables match. Do I just take the penalty for most matches or create my own '1v1 High Paced' match with a higher risk? </p><p> </p><p>

For match aims, even though it's a high spot based fed, not everyone on the roster has the high flying ability to make every match a 'high spot.' Should most matches just have a regular match aim, with one or two as 'High Spot' or 'Steal the Show'?</p><p> </p><p>

I want to do the best I can with this (it's my first time really going for a serious performance-based fed), but I'd like to do it with meta-gaming and cheating, if possible. I ran an auto-booked show and got a 60, so with the proper tweaks I feel like I can really raise it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rebby" data-cite="Rebby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41351" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the best way to book this, in terms of match aims and match types? I get dinged for low-risk matches if I just use 1v1 matches, but I wouldn't think I should do every match as a tables match. Do I just take the penalty for most matches or create my own '1v1 High Paced' match with a higher risk? <p> </p><p> For match aims, even though it's a high spot based fed, not everyone on the roster has the high flying ability to make every match a 'high spot.' Should most matches just have a regular match aim, with one or two as 'High Spot' or 'Steal the Show'?</p><p> </p><p> I want to do the best I can with this (it's my first time really going for a serious performance-based fed), but I'd like to do it with meta-gaming and cheating, if possible. I ran an auto-booked show and got a 60, so with the proper tweaks I feel like I can really raise it.</p></div></blockquote>You get dinged for low content risk. Just copy the match you want that doesn't have high enough content risk, and up to low instead of very low.<p> </p><p> Oh, and not every match needs a special match aim. You only need to set required minimum match aims depending on your product.</p>

<p>Update on my CZCW save from above. </p><p> </p><p>

Now into Oct 2018 </p><p> </p><p>

A lot has happened over the past 3 years. </p><p> </p><p>

TCW went to cult and could afford to resign guys to written. </p><p> </p><p>

So I signed some of their guys to short after contracts to make a few appearances and put some f my guys over.</p><p> </p><p>

In my narrative, my User and owner of the company released a network in year 2 with medium coverage in a couple of areas and gave CZCW a late night slot to air their 2/3 events a month. After a year on TV CZCW are Cult and I started to sign up a couple of my originals to writtens. </p><p> </p><p>

I then thought of an overarching story to carry year three. I signed a chunk of TCW guys to longer term contracts gradually and they eventually teamed up ready to tae control of CZCW or take down the company trying. They do this due to TCW going further and further downhill, their business being bad... they blame CZCW for playing a part in luring away some talent to put over their guys and lessening the sta power of their guys in the process. </p><p> </p><p>

Led by ay Chord and Nate Johnson TCW'S Group consisted of Ed and Duane Stone, Bear , Joel Bryant,Titan, Danny Fonzerelli, Jimmy Fox, Guide and Scout. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

To start it, it was My User and CZCW Champion Chris Flash Hart v Jay Chord. Chord won the match when the TCW guys came down to the ring, beat up down, let Chord pick up the win and the title and continuing their assault, throwing him off the stage. No CZCW guys came to help as Flash had pissed off the rest of the roster with his regime. </p><p> </p><p>

Over the next couple of months, TCW asserted their dominance, The New wave capturing the tag titles and ending Zoned Out's 2 year reign. They also helped Chord retain his title.. Flash in the mean time was recovering and trying to band together the CZCW originals to team together and save CZCW. </p><p> </p><p>

Two months ago Tommy Cornall signed with CZCW and helped stop the TCW guys from finishing the job they started on my User, trying to top the TCW guys the following month by telling them it's not what he would want the TCW name to be used, to take down a company like CZCW and to stop, his plee failed and is forced to try and stop his former emplyee's by force. </p><p> </p><p>

Down the Road Tommy will win the title in a triple threat match, in a match also including Jay Chord and Cali Love Machine. Cali will hold Tommy's hand in celebration of Tommy's victory only for Tommy to lay out CLM and the rest of the TCW guys coming down to beat down CLM and celebrate with Tommy. Tommy now turning on CZCW and joining TCW in their bid to take over</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW v TCW will end at Welcome to the Coastal Zone 2019. 6 months of shows to build to it.</p><p> </p><p>

The Main event will be: </p><p> </p><p>

Championship v Ownership </p><p>

Last Man Standing match</p><p> </p><p>

Tommy Cornell © v Chris Flash Hart </p><p> </p><p>

GSW and MAW were about to go under, so I bought them out and made them into Dev's signed some young guys to dev to help develop their skills and release them in a couple of years, also signed some top prospects to bring up to the main roster in the future, I also use them to send down stars from other parts of the world with no pop in America and also to send down guys I have no plan for but don't want to job out. </p><p> </p><p>

MAW and GSW were given a weekly 1 hour TV show on the network in the late night slot, MAW is now regional and developing a lot of guys to a decent standard.. GSW however is doing ok... but not as good as MAW in terms of developing talents.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I have bolstered my main roster with guys with great SQ to help us compete in a few years.</p><p> </p><p>

A good 1/4 of the guys on my main roster will be released once the TCW storyline has came to an end, with aging talent from both sides leaving, talents not developing on the main roster as I'd like will be released, Large sized worked will be released except for a couple. </p><p> </p><p>

CZCW will then focus on lighter weight exciting wrestling like before only this time a lot of talent will be hugely over thanks to the TCW storyline.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Overall hoping to overtake and TCW as I rise further an they continue to fall an replace them as the number 4 promotion in the US. USPW have also fallen to cult somehow.... despite their network growing.</p>

• 5 months later...

<p>Starting a CZCW save in the '97 CVerse and had a question about the canon.</p><p> </p><p>

In the product definition, it says they already have a Women's Division but there's no title or female wrestlers on the roster. Did the division start at the beginning of '97 or later on? I also set Women's wrestling to off and then tried to put it back to division and got blocked by the owner...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41351" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Starting a CZCW save in the '97 CVerse and had a question about the canon.<p> </p><p> In the product definition, it says they already have a Women's Division but there's no title or female wrestlers on the roster. Did the division start at the beginning of '97 or later on? I also set Women's wrestling to off and then tried to put it back to division and got blocked by the owner...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> CZCW has canon had a women's division from November 2003 to February 2005. The three alumni are Joanne Rodriguez, Miss Mexico and Carol Singer.</p>

Archived