http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/PGHWkam.jpg

PGHW is a puroresu promotion in the C-verse, they were founded in 1996 by Sadaharo Jimbo, legendary figure with GCG. PGHW owes much of its success in Puro to Mito Miwa, Nobatsu Tanakao, Yoshimi Musashibo, Eisaku Hoshino, and Shuji Inukai.(We will add in Eisaku Kunomasu for personal reasons.)

1. Current Situation

Right now you are the Number 2 promotion in Japan, second to Burning Hammer of The Wrestling Gods(BHOTWG). If you played PGHW in TEW 2013, you can remember that PGHW was the Number 2 promotion in Japan as well, but if you let the AI control them, they usually rose to Number 1 with GCG & WLW. In 2016, WLW are cult and are looking to rise, BHOTWG adopted a regular schedule, which they book very strangely for some reason, and only PGHW & BCG are the last touring companies left in Japan, which has its benefits & downfalls. You no longer have Pro Wrestling Saisho :(, so young talent goes straight to the main roster unless you make another child company, which I normally do because Development is awesome. You are in a National battle with BHOTWG and if you don't wanna lose, Marat Kholov & Buddy Garner are available, but they cost a lot, so I put them on PPA deals and no one seemed to want them, so I guess I was lucky or they are safe and I won the National Battle.

2. Roster

The roster has 32 active wrestlers, Nobatsu Tanakao & Shuji Inukai retired and thankfully when Sadaharo retired, Seiji did not inherit(If you played TEW 2013 with PGHW, he made really weird decisions if you were the booker or the AI, but he was putting on A* shows, so.....). Now you have ''young guys'' on your roster(For me, I push over 30s to the limit, so 30 and under is young to me), a few that really work a match and be main eventers given 2 or more months. A few examples of these guys who could be Main Eventing for you soon are Masaru Ugaki, Bussho Makiguchi & Chojiro Kitoaji( Left off Seiji Jimbo & Kazushige Matsuki because they still need seasoning to me.) Personally I push Masaru & Leave KitoGuchi(Bussho Makiguchi & Chojiro Kitoaji) to the tag team ranks.

For those who are wondering who your top guys are, well they are pretty similar to last year, you got Akinori Kwakami, Eisaku Kunomasu, Kozue Kawashima, Masaru Ugaki,PRIDE Koiso(Usually my user character & has a hernia at the start),Tetsunori Yasuda, Yoshimi Mushashibo. There are only 2 old guys here in Yoshimi Mushashibo & Eisaku Kunomasu who will both be on Time decline soon or already, but you have a wealth of younger draws like Kozue who can give you As or B+s.

3. Figurehead

I put Kozue for Canon reasons, but the game tells me Yoshimi is also pretty good, so yeah.

4. Signings to make

I sign up Razan Okamoto(SIGN HIM, DO IT BEFORE HE GAINS LOYALTY OR BHOTWG SIGN HIM!!!!!), Blast Ikoma & Bunrakuken Tori( Can only do them on Touring on PPA because loyalty to BCG), Samoan Destruction Inc for the tag ranks(Samoan Machine/Rhino Umaga), Greg Gauge(Touring at first then later down the line, written), The Ring generals(Marv Staler, & Dean Waldorf) Buff up the tag team ranks.

5. Tag Teams/Stables

You start off with 6 tag teams, each of who could go for the belts or the Tournament and if you sign up the guys recommended you can end up with 9 teams. Teams play a big role in the tournament & canon as well, so pay attention to tag teams because they can pull off better grades than singles matches.

Stables are nonexistent, I just make my own based on bio or previous company affiliation, etc.

6. Booking

Because booking Puro takes creativity(To me at least) & I'll go way out there and probably confuse myself and make this into some big jumbled mess, here is a bible on puro from the puro thread started by Infernalmiko(http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533823 (TEW 2013 one: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522999) The PGHW thread form last year started by Lo-Drew( http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531165) The bible on booking puro provide by bookerman in 2013 year's thread( http://www.quebrada.net/columns/old/quebrada37carnybooking.html)

7. Dynasties on PGHW & Puro

(hrdcoresidebrns's dynasty) http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32192

(Asaemon's Dynasty): http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527754

(Anderz's Diary): http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6071

(gbasalmon's diary): http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22792

(Tigerkinney's Diary): http://www.greydogsoftware.com/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=91072

(Lo-Drew's Diary): http://www.greydogsoftware.com/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=531796

And so many more that I've yet to name, but the links to other threads can get you there I believe.

8. Belts

PGHW Glory Crown

Holder: Yoshimi Musashibo

Suggestion: I suggest letting him keep it until you feel someone else is good enough to carry it, he is in time decline, but those skills are so GOD like! The wrestlers that can be primed for this are Tetsunori Yasuda, Kozue Kawashima, or Akinori Kwakami.

PGHW Tag Glory Crowns

Holders: Muruyama & Ugaki( Masaru Ugaki & Ryoma Muryuama)

Suggestion: I suggest taking if off them 2 or 3 PPVs down the lie or on tour, probably give it to KitoGuchi or Bison & Brute.

PGHW Historical Japan

Holder: SATO

Suggestion: Keep on SATO until he grows out of it, let him hone his skills in the midcard

PGHW international

Holder: Simon Flemmingway

Suggestion: Simon is toxic, but can grow into a fantastic worker if given time, coin toss here.

PGHW Elite Series

Last Winner: Akinori Kwakami

Suggestion: Don't pull a program with Akinori & Yoshimi yet, let it burn for a bit and then let it loose, for the next winner of this tourney, I suggest letting someone who you want to push over Yoshimi win. The Elite series can be used to push guys in the Main Event like Kozue, Yoshimi, Raymond( Because he is already good enough to win it, but needs the overness, he is 39, so keep that in mind.)

PGHW Elite Tag Series

Last Winners: Muruyama & Ugaki( Masaru Ugaki & Ryoma Muryuama)

Suggestion: I suggest letting Yano & Kikuchi( BISON Yano & Brute Kikuchi) win it next to cement another tag shot for them and hone their skills up until then

9. Alliances/Relationships

I go for TCW, I think they will accept it and your CEO will allow it, also SAISHO has a working agreement with you so use it.

10. Production/Broadcasting

Get to a level hat doesn't give you warnings, that is what I did, still making money.

You cannot currently get the bigger PPV companies, so just wait your turn young one.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything and i I am drop it below and yeah have fun with PGHW when he game drops or the beta or whatever puro company you decide to run.

A place to Discuss all things PGHW, go wild!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I suggest Tetsunori Yasuda , in order to push him and his skills."

Said no one ever. :p Really though, giving someone the Elite Series to push their skills is a bad idea. It's your G1, only give it to those who are worthy. Yasuda is at best a semi-final/block runner up kinda guy. And he has dumb hair.

"I suggest Tetsunori Yasuda , in order to push him and his skills."

Said no one ever. :p Really though, giving someone the Elite Series to push their skills is a bad idea. It's your G1, only give it to those who are worthy. Yasuda is at best a semi-final/block runner up kinda guy. And he has dumb hair.

True, but he looks like he would be really cool, also gave that section the old edit :)

I definitely need to get more into the Japanese scene in 2016, so this thread may serve me really well.

One thing I noticed about PGHW is that they run weekly touring events as well as a weekly tv show. How do you book this weird schedule?

I definitely need to get more into the Japanese scene in 2016, so this thread may serve me really well.

One thing I noticed about PGHW is that they run weekly touring events as well as a weekly tv show. How do you book this weird schedule?

TV is just another event really. Except this is the show being shown to the public so if you've got big matches you've got happening on your tour, put them on TV.

I'm toying with running a puro fed, and since BHOTWG no longer tours I'd use PGHW. But if I did it, I'd rely on the auto-booker and focus on the talent acquisition and cultivation, since that's definitely more interesting to me. The events are almost incidental, ha.

I'm toying with running a puro fed, and since BHOTWG no longer tours I'd use PGHW. But if I did it, I'd rely on the auto-booker and focus on the talent acquisition and cultivation, since that's definitely more interesting to me. The events are almost incidental, ha.

That's probably something I'll do, too. I like the Japanese talent pool, and I'm trying to get into the style, but I don't know that I can bring myself to book so many events per week and not burn out.

I usually just spam 3 v 3s with lower midcarders and below, etc to elevate the strain of booking so many events.

That's probably something I'll do, too. I like the Japanese talent pool, and I'm trying to get into the style, but I don't know that I can bring myself to book so many events per week and not burn out.

It honestly goes by faster than anything else given a lot of the Japanese feds expect long matches. It's easier for me to do a 5 or 6 match card than SWF with like 20 angles. All the 3 vs. 3 can get repetitive though, especially with no storylines. I do a lot of mix and match tag matches looking for tag team chemistry.

Guest Asaemon
I think that i will return to using PGHW as my Japanese promotion. I like to use the touring schedule and not having to run events every months. I will be very interesting since some of my favorite PGHW workers have retired.

I think that i will return to using PGHW as my Japanese promotion. I like to use the touring schedule and not having to run events every months. I will be very interesting since some of my favorite PGHW workers have retired.

Seeing how SATO developed in TEW 2013, I'm thinking of pushing him hard in a few test games or finally let Akinori hold the Glory Crown. Just sad that Shuji retired, loved to do a cranky old man voice every time his picture popped up.

Guest Asaemon
Seeing how SATO developed in TEW 2013, I'm thinking of pushing him hard in a few test games or finally let Akinori hold the Glory Crown. Just sad that Shuji retired, loved to do a cranky old man voice every time his picture popped up.

It feels more and more motivating to start a new PGHW save to develope the next generation of stars. :cool:

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41355" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In Yoshimi's profile it says he is the last remaining of the 4 workers from the Golden Era of PGHW... Who are the other 3?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just a guess but think it's Inukai, Miwa and Tatsuka.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Yokai" data-cite="Yokai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41355" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just a guess but think it's Inukai, Miwa and Tatsuka.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep those three would be the other three great workers from the golden generation, Kunomasu would be one, but he left for DAVE in 1998, so his PGHW accomplishments aren't that great.</p>

Guest Asaemon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41355" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In Yoshimi's profile it says he is the last remaining of the 4 workers from the Golden Era of PGHW... Who are the other 3?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Check out this article <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/column_nextgen.html" rel="external nofollow">PGHW: The Next Generation</a>.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41355" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One of the major reasons why PGHW has managed to take on the biggest promotion in the world is their "Fantastic Five" of Mito Miwa, Nobuatsu Tatsuko, Shuji Inukai, Yoshimi Mushashibo and Eisaku Hoshino, who make up perhaps the most talented main event scene ever assembled.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So the four are most likely the PGHW loyalist above, except freelancer Hoshino.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41355" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why did Hoshino become a freelancer orginally?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He got upset with Nobuatsu Tatsuko who was the booker and his rival at the time, still believe (they have a hatred relationship) and decided to leave PGHW for the freelancing stuff and ended up with BHOTWG</p>