8 (EIGHT) matches in an hour and a half show. Adam...it's far too many mate!

I know someone will go on about tweaks, but promotions just don't seem to have a chance to budget if they're AI driven. I could go through every UK based worker in 1987 and ensure none have popularity above D- so nobody is on over 1K an appearance, but it just looks like the amount of matches will kill promotions very early.

A 30 min TV show gets two matches, I assume to get 5 matches I need to set to 1 hour event at most for AI. Then, of course, all together now "I can just manually change it in game when playing as a Promotion to match my preferred show length".

I haven't done much tinkering with the game yet, though I did just purchase it but are we now supposed to adhere to a set amount of matches now? What the hell?

No, no, it's just that AI for an hour and a half show appears to always spit out an 8 match template if you have your match % at 80 or 90. You can still build as many/few if you're controlling a promotion.

If the promotion goes to - cash then it cuts to 4 matches. Sort of points to 8 being too many if going - means a cut by half the amount of matches.

That many matches didn't present any problems for the health of the majority of small promotions during any of the long term simulations we did. In fact, quite the opposite, as most flourished financially. That was from multiple testers over multiple games.

I assume your objections are theoretical given that you can't possibly have played any long-term games in the time the game has been out; if you do find that it actually does present concrete long term issues then I'd be happy to consider changing it.

That many matches didn't present any problems for the health of the majority of small promotions during any of the long term simulations we did. In fact, quite the opposite, as most flourished financially. That was from multiple testers over multiple games.

I assume your objections are theoretical given that you can't possibly have played any long-term games in the time the game has been out; if you do find that it actually does present concrete long term issues then I'd be happy to consider changing it.

I've watched a year and All Star Wrestling are Regional and end the year in - cash. You're right that I can't have played a year, but then I'm not actually raising an issue about user controlled promotions. I've tested a month or so and managed to make money by obviously cutting the match numbers, rotating who I use and being smart with my venues etc. The AI just appears to batter on. My worry is that to allow the AI to run these UK Regional promotions affordably then I need to drop every worker to a level of popularity where they are all on less than the 1K per appearance. That would see all under around D I'd imagine and therefore it'd be a struggle to progress and the promotions could survive. In essence that's almost actually how the UK scene went. Hmmm...

Archived