Dealing with a Drunk Worker

I'm getting a notice with Texas Pete that he was impaired during the match and the wrestlers that work with him get very annoyed(I have alcohol banned from backstage as well). There doesn't seem to be any way to deal with this, though, other than out and out firing him.

I seem to remember during the Demo that I got the notification once before the match took place. Since then, it's only been after. Is there a way to deal this issue other than firing the standard way? I was wondering if I missed something.

Depends. If he's written, suspend him. If he does it again, send him to rehab. If he's PPA, fine him.

As far as I'm aware, you can't do any of these unless your road agent notices before the match, though. If, as in the original post, you only get the notification afterwards there's no choice of ways to handle it.

I mentioned this at beta, it's a shame because ideally you want to be able to address the worker about the situation (hopefully to at least stop

Him wrestling drunk), and also let the roster see you have addressed the situation (rather than them all being unhappy)

If you do address the situation it would be nice to see the wrestlers just be unhappy with the worker (temporarily or permanent) and maybe some refuse to work with them for a while

I'm getting a notice with Texas Pete that he was impaired during the match and the wrestlers that work with him get very annoyed(I have alcohol banned from backstage as well). There doesn't seem to be any way to deal with this, though, other than out and out firing him.

I seem to remember during the Demo that I got the notification once before the match took place. Since then, it's only been after. Is there a way to deal this issue other than firing the standard way? I was wondering if I missed something.

No, you're not missing anything.

There's two levels of drunkenness. You've got the level where it's actually a major problem, which will generate actual incidents - this is where you can actually take a proactive approach and discipline them. Then there's the minor level where it's more of a background issue where it's not severe enough that you can actually send them to rehab, etc. The latter means you have to be more subtle (well, unless you just fire them), and is more of a simulation of an ongoing problem.

It makes things less linear and means you have some workers who are skirting around the edges of getting into trouble without actually doing so all that often.

I've got a guy like this in my current game, which was frustrating as he was at a point in time my tag team champion, so he was getting 3 guys (most notably his partner) irritated with him almost every show. (Seriously, I've run about 4-5 shows and he's only been sober during one)

I'm hoping in general that he shapes up on his own, but I'm really hoping he arrives drunk so I can send him to rehab. He's not a superstar in the making, but he's a guy I want to see succeed.

No, you're not missing anything.

There's two levels of drunkenness. You've got the level where it's actually a major problem, which will generate actual incidents - this is where you can actually take a proactive approach and discipline them. Then there's the minor level where it's more of a background issue where it's not severe enough that you can actually send them to rehab, etc. The latter means you have to be more subtle (well, unless you just fire them), and is more of a simulation of an ongoing problem.

It makes things less linear and means you have some workers who are skirting around the edges of getting into trouble without actually doing so all that often.

It seems like whether or not they're able to skirt around the edges of getting in trouble should be up to the player not the game system. It's just not realistic that I'd be getting reports of someone working for me drunk or high on the job but I wouldn't be able to take any disciplinary action.

Maybe after so many of these "minor" incidents it should trigger a "major" event...

I mean, when you've got 5+ wrestlers annoyed, that's indicative of a major problem. I just find it hard to believe when half of your roster is aware of the problem you can't do anything until you catch him red handed.

The current system seems, with all due respect, short sighted...or maybe incomplete. Short of firing the guy, which I'd really rather not do, continuing to use him is effectively asking for him to ruin someone else's morale. I feel as though this is different than someone who is a habitual botcher. Here a known "fix" can be offered but you just can't get to it.

I take it Jake Roberts was drunk or high. Sam Houston turned up drunk (again!), so he was sent home, I also fined him. I then get a message saying Jake Roberts is very pleased and another saying Jake Roberts is very angry.

My guess is that Jake was happy Sam was sent home, but unhappy that I gave him a fine. Would that be right? It is the only way it makes sense to me.

Archived