• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41408" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>:(My main conflict came not from sharing the talent pool with AAA, but NOTBW poaching my best workers. Foxxy Larue just recently.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always tell people this when below Cult: Never never never never have your company revolve around 1, 2, 3 workers. Always keep your main eventers relatively even. Otherwise, you wind up like modern day WWE (remember Edge vs Cena LXXV?) except instead of not having fresh matchups, you'll tend to have to overpush people due to attrition. USPW and NOTBPW when run by the AI rarely look for talent unless an opening arises. Bring in Cherry Bomb as she's literally unpoachable (she's a booker so she's not taking any exclusive deals elsewhere) and her performance skills come in VERY handy. She could elevate Alina by herself, with her performance and promo skills. But don't put your eggs in one basket, if at all possible. USPW and NOTBPW will always tend to go after your youngest and most over workers. For that reason, I'd leave Alina in the upper midcard until high Regional, unless you make her your figurehead (and spend the year building her up).</p>

QAW at least, even when at Regional, when someone goes up a push level, they can often go up 2 spots. So, if need be, you can easily get somebody up to Main Event in QAW fairly quickly (slow burn Maria Guest if you hire her, though; she can easily turn into a huge pain in the you know where backstage).

• 2 months later...

<p>Getting back into it, so I thought I'd compile a list of people I think you should hire in QAW-</p><p> </p><p>

Suzanne Brazzle- a bit pricey at the start, she's absolutely worth. Incredibly versatile in matches and angles, locker room leader, and there's a good chance she'll take on Lily Snyder and/or Emma May as proteges.</p><p> </p><p>

Deborah Young- Ridiculously high safety rating, and it's very likely to hit 100 during the course of a game. For a product like QAW's, she's worth it for that alone.</p><p> </p><p>

Jana Marie Bowen- Good in-ring skills, good entertainment options, she has a mask... I find I have much better success with JMB in QAW than in AAA.</p><p> </p><p>

Tamara McFly- A bit lacking in entertainment options, but a fantastic backstage presence and great in-ring skills.</p><p> </p><p>

Maria Guest- She CAN become a problem backstage if you're not careful (the Brooke Tyler Scenario), but overall she's worth it.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Finally got back into my QAW game a few days ago and played the end of 2016 into April 2017. Still at regional running two monthly events with an additional quarterly (actually 4 yearly events spread out) event as a stand-in for a PPV. To my surprise, I managed to get Raquel Alvarado over to Main Event level popularity (still no luck with Alina) and put the title on her at the April special event to hopefully cement her at that level. I had protected Danielle well to that point so she should be able to bounce back quickly.</p><p> </p><p>

New signings in that span (besides several unknown jobbers)</p><p> </p><p>

JMB - I only used her for a month to build some momentum in my midcard. Her In Ring stats are pretty awful so her grades were always low.</p><p> </p><p>

Selina Svelte & Talia Quinzel (The Uprising) - My first signing of someone from the AAA roster. I brought them in as heels in December and rocketed them to the top of the tag division taking the title from The Anti-Establishment in April. Only concern is that despite the similar popularity and stats, the game thinks Selina should be at Midcarder and Talia at Main Event, which might get weird.</p>

<p>I'm surprised to hear that about JMB, as I've always had good luck with her in QAW. Admittedly, I try to hire her early in, and her pop is slightly hire than most of the roster at the start, so that probably plays a part.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the Uprising, them being Midcard and Main Event isn't too big a deal, if you keep them focused on the tag division, what with the Floating tag belts.</p><p> </p><p>

The other thing about them is they can get mentors. With Selina, I've only ever seen Steffi Chee take her on. With Talia, a lot of the people who will mentor Lily Snyder and Emma May are also apt to take her on as a protege. So, people like Suzanne Brazzle, Gorgon, Melody, and Raven Nightfall are good choices to look at (depending on the owner goals; Farrah likes to give age limits, sometimes as low as 35).</p>

Getting back into it, so I thought I'd compile a list of people I think you should hire in QAW-

I'll toss some in. A lot is going to depend on your Restricted Areas setting though. I play with it off since the modern wrestling business has no respect for area restrictions. With all of the UK/European/Japanese talent working the indies in the US (and STARDOM having a US based arm), that's obvious to anyone paying attention.

Electric Blue (Aguila Azul Celeste and Electric Dreamer) - plug & play tag team that fits most products. Celeste is strong on her own but Dreamer has the greater upside.

Angel Takudome - not going to light your roster on fire but a good gatekeeper/JTTS type, if nothing else.

April Appleseed - good worker to train up your youngins. I often have her wrestle two matches a night (one in the preshow, one on the main show).

Geena the Warrior Princess - same as April but with better overall skills and typically a lower price. She's also a locker room leader, which is priceless to me.

Laura (Viper) McKenna - good technical worker to help with that aspect of training and she can be built into a world champion-type performer. Great foil for Danielle.

Zofia Jankovic - the technical bruiser of the bunch, I often have her rise up the card and challenge Danielle every 12-18 months because her SQ typically breaks 71 within a year or so (game time) and her entertainment skills rise quickly as well.

The 5SSW girls - Otsune Tsumura, Yuma Maruya, DEVIL, Tomoko Nagatsuka, and even Kiko Sakakibara. I grab whoever I can because they're good to great in the ring and once they learn English, they become even better assets. Plus, several of them are locker room leaders from the very start. I don't hire Fuyuko Higa or Shiori Jippensha though (obvious reasons).

Devil's Daughter - only because I can't get Raven Nightfall at the start but Double D is still a good worker. I give her the Undertaker treatment and because she too is a locker room leader, it kinda fits.

Southern Belle/Vampella - not good in the ring (at first) but can develop into a passable in-ring worker (think Lana or Eva Marie), even at her age. I often make her primarily the mouthpiece for a goth type worker (or stable) and have her work pre-show matches against trainers to improve a bit faster.

Just a few that have come to mind.

Not familiar with Southern Belle. She's not a negative influence, is she? I usually filter by that.

Geena CAN be good, but there's a very good chance she'll be in Time Decline, April has a similar problem, but her stats, particularly psychology, are much better.

Another decent choice, provided she doesn't retire before you get to her, is Eve Grunge.

And you're absolutely right about Dreamer & Celeste. Another young worker with lots of upside? Joanna Silver. God bless her little pirate stripper heart!

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41408" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>NOTBPW let Nina Cacace go and after several months I noticed and picked her up. She's got awesome psychology and mic skills so I expect that to go well. I'm still working on building her up though since her Mid South popularity was barely an E-.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nina is absolutely solid, but then most of the NOTBPW female talent is, in my experience.</p>

<p>September 2017 and things are going well. I added Zoe Anmis with the intention of building her up as my next big heel and I snagged Raven Nightfall as a special attraction.</p><p> </p><p>

Unfortunately, I'm being raided by NOTBPW after they just let a few key women go. They got the following from me.</p><p>

</p><ul><li>Thea Davis - I had her up to D popularity, which is higher than everyone but Danielle (and Raven), and was planning a World title run<br /></li><li>Nina Cacace - It was weird they let her go anyway so I guess this is fine<br /></li><li>Jillian Jarvis - Still in my Main Event scene although I had shifted focus from her after the long title reign finally ended<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

I guess I'll pick up Lauren Easter, who was one of their expirations.</p>

<p>Well, Juana Huracan is now my top babyface and dual champion after winning a unification match against Raquel Alvarado.</p><p> </p><p>

I split Hellcat and Rojo to infuse some talent into the upper card singles scene, although a major concussion to Lily Snyder (>1 year out of action) leaves me needing to turn a tag team (Uprising or Tex-Mex) to balance things back out.</p><p> </p><p>

Tiffany Jade is available (and already doing work for AAA). I think I'm going to wait until closer to Crowning the Queen (I'm in January 2018 now) to bring her in though.</p>

Another piece of self-imposed role-playing, I've decided to be really careful with booking any USPW and NOTBPW castoffs. NOTBPW tend to have pretty low pop in the USA, so they are ending up in midcard anyway, so it's more of a concern with people from USPW. While their popularity is often already higher than the QAW originals, I'm trying to use them more as special attractions outside the title picture. It just feels overly gamey (and overly late 2000s TNA) to bring in outside workers and immediately make the company revolve around them.

<p>Well, from my experience, the only NOTBPW talents I absolutely make it a point to hire if they become available are Lauren Easter and Amber Allen, as they're both good enough to get over really quickly just from work rate.</p><p> </p><p>

With USPW, depending on Farrah's owner goals, half of the Women's division might be off limits anyway. Gorgon, Raven, and Melody aren't young. Kass and Missy rarely get cut, or at least it hasn't happened to often when I'm playing. The first 3 I mentioned are definite hires if I can swing it, because all of them take on proteges.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I'm right before my 3rd Crowning the Queen (literally the day of the event). I can't touch the game again until this weekend, but figured I would reflect on what's gone well and what's disappointed in about 2 and a half years with QAW.</p><p> </p><p>

Highlights</p><p> </p><p>

Juana Huracan - She really stepped up after NOTBPW reaped 4 of my 5 Main Eventers. Her entertainment skills got just good enough to make a World title feud with Raquel work and has held that title for quite a while now. She's probably hit her ceiling and will lose the title soon, but I consider her a never release.</p><p> </p><p>

Pamela Rojo / Hellcat Hernandez feud - Splitting these two up took a while to pay off, but I have them set to main event the tournament. I think their feud can continue and be the focus of the company for the better part of the next year.</p><p> </p><p>

Kaede / Kinuye / Easter - The three people I signed from NOTBPW have great skills and are about to be the first ever QAW Trios champions.</p><p> </p><p>

Raven Nightfall - She's fantastic and has elevated the roster in both skills and popularity. I keep her out of the title picture since she's so far above everyone else in popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

Disappointments</p><p> </p><p>

Emma May - I was really excited about her when I first looked at the roster. I had her replace Toni as Juana's partner pretty early and was expecting big things. The brawling and flying skills haven't grown enough to fit the product. Maybe once the World title is off of Juana they can settle into the tag scene again.</p><p> </p><p>

Gorgon - Brought her in with Gatekeeper role because her population wasn't high enough to be on the same plane as Raven, but since her D popularity is in almost every region, she still isn't willing to lose to my regulars with D/D- but only in Mid South. I could have used Menace angle to pump her up as a feature, but that isn't what I wanted.</p><p> </p><p>

Alina America - The skills just didn't grow. Both times I stuck her in Steal the Show matches she hurt somebody. I haven't tried in a while but I don't see anything that indicates she can really help our show grades.</p>

Possibly tied to respect levels. Anyway, Emma is definitely someone who benefits from a mentor, but you've got to work quick. Since you can't count on USPW cutting their likely mentor benefits, the best option is to get Suzanne Brazzle on the roster right away, as she's the only available worker at the start of the game (to my knowledge) who will take on random proteges. (Technically, Steffi Chee and J-Ro take on proteges, but I've only seen them adopt Selina Svelte and Simony Sentinel, respectively).

• 3 weeks later...

<p>USPW came calling for a few Main Eventers. I think it's over since they haven't made a new offer for over 3 weeks. If so, I'm pretty happy with it.</p><p> </p><p>

Tiffany Jade - I had hired her after USPW let her go, but I didn't really ever have a plan. Her pop and age made it ridiculous to not bring her in, but her pop being so much higher than most of my roster didn't allow much in the way of elevating feuds for the rest of the roster. I was basically using her as a special attraction, but also had Raven and Melody doing that better. I'm kind of glad they took her.</p><p> </p><p>

Raven Nightfall - This one isn't that bad, although I really like her. I had her leading a stable with Tex-Mex as her lackeys and booking her largely like the Undertaker. Since she was feuding with Melody anyway, I Melody go heel and take over as leader with Tex-Mex turning on Raven. The big loss is that she had two proteges, although I hadn't seen much interaction since she took them on.</p><p> </p><p>

Zoe Anmis - This one hurts a bit. She was really my third real top worker behind the Rojo/Hernandez feud. Not essential to my plans since she's only adjacent to the world title picture right now, but I was hoping to have her for a long time still.</p><p> </p><p>

Ultimately, my roster was a little bloated and this frees things up creatively for things like Pamela Rojo actually being the top face that I've been booking her as and a Main Event push for Kate Lilly who I kept on as a solo act after a several month stint of Lilly & Rose challenging in the Tag and Trios titles (Signed largely because I was really low on Face tag teams after the NOTBPW raid).</p>