Letter Grades F- to A* instead of Numbers [Small skins mod]

Hi there,

I really don't like to see any kind of numbers when viewing worker's skill, I prefer the old school grades from earlier TEW's, ranging from F- to A* on all screens. So here's a quickly done skin pack which replaces the numbered files 0 to 100 with same named letter grades. :)Make sure to backup your original numbers -files if you like to revert back to them!

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/Numbers.png

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/WEXXV/statsletters.png

Download:

Graphics.rar

^ Uploaded and overwritten again with proper filenames, first version crashed due to files named 4.jpg instead of 04.jpg.

So am I missing something here or does this do something different? :D

With the greatest of respect to the original poster, this does nothing different. I'm fairly sure this looks to be the exact same as the default letters that come with the skin which can go on/off in preferences.

When you play with fog of war ON, then when you reach level 9 or 10, then you see numbers even if you have chosen grades in options - I guess that this "mod" allows to see grades even when level 9 or 10 is reached, which I would prefer, just like (as it looks like) the person who created this, because he don't like to see any numbers at all!

Pretty sure if you select grades rather than numbers, and have fog of war turned on, you will still see numbers at the highest scouting level. I would assume that's what this is meant to change, but I may be wrong.

When you play with fog of war ON, then when you reach level 9 or 10, then you see numbers even if you have chosen grades in options - I guess that this "mod" allows to see grades even when level 9 or 10 is reached, which I would prefer, just like (as it looks like) the person who created this, because he don't like to see any numbers at all!

This is exactly what I was aiming for, you two got it straightaway. Now the game only shows a workers skills with numbers when looking at the small right side box of the screen on the Roster screen if the scouting level is at the highest but once you open the actual workers skill screen it'll show Grades (There's still three different types of information there (in the right side box showing skills) depending on the scouting levels (Wording like "Above Average", Grades and Numbers).

I should have worded my OP differently :o

Really weird, I just played the game and it crashes at the Skill screen, saying that it doesn't find the correct 7.jpg image. Terribly sorry guys, I have no idea why it doesn't actually work. All I did was replace the default number images with letter grade images, they are of the same size, same format and same name. Really weird. :confused:

EDIT: AH! The files should be named as 01, not just 1. Oops. ;D

EDIT1: Reuploaded, now it works! :D

Did you add the extra button if it wasn't already in there? If you're still using the demo it was patch 7 I think.

No, I had forgotten to name the files properly, the 0 to 9 use 00, 01, 02 to 09 filenames, not just 0, 1, 2, 9 :cool:

• 3 years later...