Is there any way to stop TCW dropping to Cult?

I've never thrown a show under 80, my popularity has risen from 78 to 82 across the whole of America then suddenly in Week 4 of Feb *BANG* I've been dropped to cult and lost 20 points of popularity and importance across every region.

What the hell?! I'd won every single national battle too!

And now I have to play SIX MONTHS before I can rise again. Seriously, what the hell guys, how can that possibly happen?! Also noticed my last show randomly dropped to a 2.13 viewership when it was 7.12 the week before!!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EdJames" data-cite="EdJames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41507" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And now I have to play SIX MONTHS before I can rise again. Seriously, what the hell guys, how can that possibly happen?! Also noticed my last show randomly dropped to a 2.13 viewership when it was 7.12 the week before!!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you download the patch from yesterday?</p>

That looks like a National Battle defeat, which is really painful in older patches. The Tech Support forum has a latest patch where this has been changed, so this kind of thing won't happen as quickly any more. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41507" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>USPW dropped to cult in mine and by June I was beating SWF in national battles. It is very possible.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you spent half as much time reading the post as you do blowing your own trumpet, you'd have see I had smashed SWF and USPW in every national battle, grown in popularity and STILL got demoted to cult.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EdJames" data-cite="EdJames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41507" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you spent half as much time reading the post as you do blowing your own trumpet, you'd have see I had smashed SWF and USPW in every national battle, grown in popularity and STILL got demoted to cult.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you post in tech section? Could be a bug or maybe there is something you are missing. I am sure Adam will find the answer or the solution.</p>

<p>Why is this in tech support? I've been playing for 4 months as tcw and have won the national battle every month. Uspw fell.</p><p> </p><p>

Are you sill on pop network? Cuz you'll grow really slow on there. Are you getting just 80s or what? 82 is my lowest I've gotten and I don't think you grow in us without like 84+. I literally have grown to 80 pop in us in 4 months. Tcw I believe grows more based on ppvs what have those been rated?</p>

Have you checked the News filter for stories involving you? A 20 point loss across an entire area that didn't affect anyone else sounds like a textbook case of the company being embroiled in a scandal of some sort. I don't think there are any other ways to drop that many points in a single day, especially not a uniform drop that just happens to be a nice round number like 20.

The TV ratings drop doesn't sound like an issue - if you've suddenly dropped 20 points of overness then your ratings would plummet as you've suddenly lost a huge portion of your audience.

Archived