Multiplayer question.

I want to play the game with my gf and I don't know how to play the game on mine and her computer.

Sorry I can't help you (saving and sending the file may be the only way)

However this thread has me thinking I need to comment, because there's so much I could say

To actually give a solid answer rather than a vague "I can't help but I might have things to say" - saving and sending the file via e-mail or dropbox is one way to do multiplayer in TEW. It's relatively simple, just take the save game folder from the database you're using (So if you're using the default data, you'd do Program Files ---> GDS ---> TEW2016 ---> Databases ---> Default ---> Save Games and then right click and copy the folder in which the particular save game is in).

After that, you're best pasting it in your documents (so as to make a copy and not actually harm anything in TEW by misadventure) and then saving it as a compressed file (right click ---> send to compressed (zipped) folder). Then you can send it via email or put it in a shared dropbox.

To actually give a solid answer rather than a vague "I can't help but I might have things to say" - saving and sending the file via e-mail or dropbox is the only way to do multiplayer in TEW. It's relatively simple, just take the save game folder from the database you're using (So if you're using the default data, you'd do Program Files ---> GDS ---> TEW2016 ---> Databases ---> Default ---> Save Games and then right click and copy the folder in which the particular save game is in).

After that, you're best pasting it in your documents (so as to make a copy and not actually harm anything in TEW by misadventure) and then saving it as a compressed file (right click ---> send to compressed (zipped) folder). Then you can send it via email or put it in a shared dropbox.

It's not the only way if you both have teamviewer on your computers for a peer-to-peer connection.

To actually give a solid answer rather than a vague "I can't help but I might have things to say" - saving and sending the file via e-mail or dropbox is one way to do multiplayer in TEW. It's relatively simple, just take the save game folder from the database you're using (So if you're using the default data, you'd do Program Files ---> GDS ---> TEW2016 ---> Databases ---> Default ---> Save Games and then right click and copy the folder in which the particular save game is in).

It might be a bit of a dig at my comment, but I did give him an answer. But I did really want to comment on him wanting to play with his girlfriend more. But I held back by being constructive :)

As of now there is no online feature that we can use that supports multiplayer. You can either use dropbox or send the file back and forth threw e-mail. You could also just use your computer/laptop and just make it a 2 player save and pass the computer back and forth if you live together. You can also be unconventional like my best friend and I and just start up single player games and compare progress and updates with one another. I find the last to be the most fun.

I have been using TeamViewer not only with a buddy so we each can run our promotion and chat over Skype, but also on my phone so I don't have to have my laptop with me at all times. So it has multiple benefits. A major blessing and it works very easily.

Archived