Wheres a good place to start

So I've played TEW 13 and got a grasp of how to play. But always played real world mods and never got into the default universe and just wondered where people would suggest starting to get an idea of the wrestlers and their history.

The most popular suggestion for this kind of question seems to be to start small and work up, picking one of the smaller companies and getting used to their roster and style before moving on.. that isn't how I did things though.

I was more used to RW mods than C-Verse (now I don't play RW at all) and made the switch by inventing an original user character and creating a cult level new company to work my way up with. I spent hours reading profiles and looking in to histories while picking my first roster and fell completely in love with the depth of the C-Verse. It's completely addictive.

I wouldn't suggest starting too small when switching from Real World because you're likely more used to booking one of the big companies anyway and might get bored of the slower pace and not really having a core of loyal workers - I hated the idea of only having PPAs to start with, felt I was unable to invest in any of my roster through worry of losing them.

I actually LIKE starting small after switching from RW. I'm doing a Road to Glory and having fun with it. I like small feds, but the issue with RW is I don't really know them. In Cornellverse I know I'll have that issue anyway, so might as well go for it! It also lets me mostly ignore the big guys, and get into the CV at my own pace- reading the occasional bio and news story when I want to, but only really needing to keep up with my handful of prospects.

In RW mods I go for the bigger companies but in CVerse I exclusively run Road to Glory or a smaller promotion like MAW.

I was never one for the CVerse and I found the smaller promotions allowed me to get into it a whole lot more.

So I've played TEW 13 and got a grasp of how to play. But always played real world mods and never got into the default universe and just wondered where people would suggest starting to get an idea of the wrestlers and their history.

Personally I'd create a company (starting as owner) with lots of money (so you don't have to worry about finances) and then just hire whoever you want. At least that way you can pick the roster you want and book/push whoever you want as well.

Personally I'd create a company (starting as owner) with lots of money (so you don't have to worry about finances) and then just hire whoever you want. At least that way you can pick the roster you want and book/push whoever you want as well.

This is essentially what I was saying - though as I've got used to the C-Verse I don't give myself such deep pockets... may be different this year with the network feature.

Honestly though I think your intended start up size depends largely on how much you enjoy reading the profiles. I tend to pick one wrestler, read his bio and go on to anyone mentioned in it or anyone in his/her list of relationships.. can spend hours reading bios without even advancing a day (shortlist any who grab your attention and start negotiating once you've narrowed the list down)

Archived