Total Noob To C-Verse (Promotion Settings?)

Hi guys,

so after playing EWR and all TEWs, now finally will be the time for me to get my hands on the C-Verse, first time ever.

I would like to start with a regional promotion created by myself. I have not played TEW for about 4 years now ( :( ) and remember how it

felt like creating one's own promotion, spending 30 minutes and then after 2 shows realizing that the settings are way too

different from the mentality I was planning to go for.

TL;DR

Asking for settings for a regional promotion that:

- values wrestling over popularity

- values all diff. kinds of wrestling (like ECW or ROH, tolerant and diverse)

- values "long & epic" 4-5 star matches

- still likes to see angles and feuds

- values wrestlers with lower star appeal and charismatic stars "equally"

- is still commercially enough and not "super niche"

- will tolerant international bookings (stars from diff continents/scenes?)

Also very important, what budget do you suggest to start with? I don't want the "easy mode",

but I don't want be entirely broke after only 3 shows either.

I would try to grow my own stars for the industry instead of hiring popular athletes.

The promotion would most likely be based in the US.

Hi guys,

so after playing EWR and all TEWs, now finally will be the time for me to get my hands on the C-Verse, first time ever.

I would like to start with a regional promotion created by myself. I have not played TEW for about 4 years now ( :( ) and remember how it

felt like creating one's own promotion, spending 30 minutes and then after 2 shows realizing that the settings are way too

different from the mentality I was planning to go for.

TL;DR

Asking for settings for a regional promotion that:

- values wrestling over popularity

- values all diff. kinds of wrestling (like ECW or ROH, tolerant and diverse)

- values "long & epic" 4-5 star matches

- still likes to see angles and feuds

- is still commercially enough and not "super niche"

- will tolerant international bookings (stars from diff continents/scenes?)

Also very important, what budget do you suggest to start with? I don't want the "easy mode",

but I don't want be entirely broke after only 3 shows either.

I would try to grow my own stars for the industry instead of hiring popular athletes.

The promotion would most likely be based in the US.

You can try this:

Traditional: Heavy

Mainstream: Heavy

Modern: Key Feature

Realism: Medium

Pure: Key Feature

and the rest to none. You need to hit 3 different match aims per show and guys are rated much more on performance than pop but the crowd still wants storylines. Sponsorship is quite tough but I don't know if what you're trying for is possible to have a favorable sponsorship but at least with this one you don't have a restriction on any time slots for TV.

The only thing you can't really run is really high risk matches like deathmatches and possibly some hardcore matches.

You can try this:

Traditional: Heavy

Modern: Key Feature

Realism: Medium

Pure: Key Feature

and the rest to none. You need to hit 3 different match aims per show and guys are rated much more on performance than pop but the crowd still wants storylines. Sponsorship is quite tough but I don't know if what you're trying for is possible to have a favorable sponsorship but at least with this one you don't have a restriction on any time slots for TV.

The only thing you can't really run is really high risk matches like deathmatches and possibly some hardcore matches.

I got a better one (not because yours was bad but because of what he wants)

I personally use

Traditional: Key Feature

Modern: Medium

Pure: Medium

Lucha Libre: Medium

This gives you good sponsorship, storylines and gimmicks required, no negatives on anything but hardcore, allows you to be safe (not rocked by the industry) the ONLY drawback if you can call it one is it's perf > pop. They don't like deathmatches tho, naturally.

Edit: To answer your last question, 100,000 at Regional is perfectly fine.

Thanks guys, does that mean they would accept Ladder, Cage or Hell In A Cell matches? I would like to do the quite "casual" mainstream stipulations like WWE does, that would be enough. No deathmatches is absolutely okay.

Thanks guys, does that mean they would accept Ladder, Cage or Hell In A Cell matches? I would like to do the quite "casual" mainstream stipulations like WWE does, that would be enough. No deathmatches is absolutely okay.

You won't have any problem because all those types of match are of low risk.

Note that you'll have to create the HIAC stipulation since it's not immediately available in the C-Verse to my knowledge.

Just an FYI:

Not possible. It's not reality. Charismatic workers and those with high star quality will ALWAYS be better than those who lack these qualities. It's just how it is. You want Joe Schmoe who looks like Joe Schmoe to be regarded the same as a Rock or Randy Orton or Cena? Never happen. Now, that doesn't mean the person who lacks star quality won't get over or won't be a good worker (ask Mick Foley). But they'll have to work 10x as hard to do so than the person who looks like money. The two are not equal in the wrestling business.

Charisma is always going to be a highly valued commodity. So is Star Quality (especially given its under the hood role). Probably the best C-Verse example has been Steve Flash. Excellent in-ring worker (less so this year than in previous versions) but a black hole of charisma with really subpar star quality. In a performance based product, he could hold the top title and produce until high Regional (mid-Cult if you give him a really good manager). But after that, he kinda slides to the midcard because his weaknesses become so apparent (unless you give him the Super Cena treatment). Still an awesome gatekeeper though.

Here, try this product: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2125453&postcount=6

You don't want to go 'much more' performance over popularity because you won't have access to workers who would make that worthwhile. Basically, it's like sports. You don't value your system over your available personnel. If you don't have the players to make your system work, you tweak that system to fit the people you do have (or can get). That's why popularity over performance at local to regional and then more balanced performance and popularity from that point on is/was a thing (at least in RTG games that I've seen). As you get bigger (and make more money), you get access to better workers (overall), just when you need them.

Hi guys, thought I would add to this

can I have some help with a promotion that is all about the storylines and angles, mainly full of big guys, with low match intensity and danger. Basically just big guys brawling, that allows hardcore matches but not always high risk ones, so lots of no DQ no rules matches, some use of hardcore and bloof but I'm not looking for things like constant blood or barbed wire.

However I would like so the "over booking" note works, I have a mainstream promotion now and the crowd never like that. I wants lots of mayhem matches, with car crash and wild brawls all round too lol.

Cheers

Archived