So I employ a Women's Division in my user-created promotion. Sara Marie Young is probably my second most over worker yet she doesn't show up as a potential figurehead (and I would think she has all the characteristics).

I was thinking that a Women's Division would not be handicapped/penalized in '16 the way it was in '13...but it would appear I'm wrong. Is a women's division still handicapped with segment lengths (and ability to be a figurehead in a split gender division product)? Or am I missing something?

Has anyone tried to make Alicia Strong into the face of USPW yet?

I'd rather not set my product to inter-gender...but I am starting to wonder if that will be the only way to potentially solve this dilemma.

One of the first things I did when I started my game with a company that had a women's division was tried to set a woman as my figurehead, and was disappointed when I was unable to do so.

One way around this, is setting your women's division to "Integrated", and still booking it as a separate division.

Women's Division is basically telling the game that women's wrestling is a small part of your overall product, almost like a side show. The way, to be honest, 99.9% of all pro wrestling companies handled women's wrestling over the last few years -scratch that - forever. It's messed up and shouldn't be that way but it is. You have to have it set for full integration to give them individual pushes. Filtering them can be a problem when booking but I've played with putting women on their own brand before. Usually helps. If you don't want to do that, you can manually add them to a different division.

The way I've done it, in the past, is set them to their own brand/division but still have them integrated. This way they have their own pushes (main eventer, etc.), but much like Cruiserweight, Hardcore, etc... They are their own division. This way you can filter by division and book them but they still have pushes and can be your figure head.

Women's Division is basically telling the game that women's wrestling is a small part of your overall product, almost like a side show. The way, to be honest, 99.9% of all pro wrestling companies handled women's wrestling over the last few years -scratch that - forever.

Bzzt! Wrong! But I don't blame you for not knowing better. In the early days of professional wrestling (the Carnie years going forward), people like Mae Young, the Fabulous Moolah, Mildred Burke, Judy Grable, June Byers, Penny Banner, etc would main event shows OVER THE MEN. These weren't women so much as they were 'broads' (there's a difference) who were, in some cases, as tough as their male counterparts. It's one reason why using that 99.9% figure when you're only familiar with 9.9% (it wasn't until the mid-90s that the US style 'diva' women's wrestler began to take hold. Prior to that, women were doing the same matches as men. See: Shark Tsuchiya vs Megumi Kudo in an exploding barbed wire deathmatch in FMW) is a pretty bad idea.

On topic, your women's division will never be able to produce a figurehead, to my knowledge. Alicia Strong in USPW is not eligible for figurehead status for several reasons, one of which is the division format (she's also lacking in star quality, overness, and charisma compared to other possibly candidates on the roster). Your women's division is the functional equivalent of a bunch of lower midcarders, regardless of how over they get. The best option is, as someone else suggested, go to 'integrated' and book your women only against each other. I don't think TEW can do Mixed tag matches but you can do those with an integrated product (just don't expect them to work exactly like it's expected to).

I know that setting the product to integrated is a work-around, however I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that to have to avoid having female workers penalized. To me, "integrated" per the game definition, treats men and women in the same division--see Lucha Underground.

I was hoping for separate divisions, but equal time. Sometimes the Women's title headlines, other times the Men's title headline--all depending on the matchup.

Re: Intergender matchups, you can do them with a women's division without a hitch as I have been running them all save long (and I did them a lot in '13 too).

I know that setting the product to integrated is a work-around, however I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that to have to avoid having female workers penalized. To me, "integrated" per the game definition, treats men and women in the same division--see Lucha Underground.

I was hoping for separate divisions, but equal time. Sometimes the Women's title headlines, other times the Men's title headline--all depending on the matchup.

Re: Intergender matchups, you can do them with a women's division without a hitch as I have been running them all save long (and I did them a lot in '13 too).

I get this idea, but that's why they have the Divisions as a game option (IE Cruiserweight, etc...) so you can set women as integrated but in their own division. It's essentially the same thing, but it gives the idea that women's wrestling shouldn't be viewed as different.

I get this idea, but that's why they have the Divisions as a game option (IE Cruiserweight, etc...) so you can set women as integrated but in their own division. It's essentially the same thing, but it gives the idea that women's wrestling shouldn't be viewed as different.

I suppose this is a pretty fair point...however it would be nice to at least be able to toggle men/women on the booking screen without opening the filters (the way you would with level of push). That being said...with the weight divide option added to product settings, it would be nice to toggle that on and off with one easy button as well.

All in all I hope I'm not coming off too negative about this issue...in the grand scheme of things it's a relatively minor detail. I am very happy with '16 as whole.

Archived