Matches where one worker was dominate while his opponent was kept strong

Only thing I could think of would be using the story telling aim and have like a beat down on the guy getting dominated, that way he is kept strong by going through with the match even though he was attacked earlier in the show.

How about Lesnar vs Reigns @ WM31?

Lesnar was dominating, but Reigns was definitely kept strong in that he kicked out of more than it took to beat Undertaker's streak, and started laughing...

That wouldnt be considered a domination though. A domination would be a squash match pretty much

You can do this in the game but it's hard to imagine a worker looking totally dominant while the other was kept strong. I guess if they are exhausted before the match cause they got beat up.

Can anyone think of real life examples?

Could Bayley vs. Nia Jax from Takeover: London be an example of this? If I remember correctly Nia dominated most of the match and then Bayley pulled out a guillotine and came out looking pretty good.

Something like the Undertaker/Jeff Hardy ladder match in 2002 maybe? When I book a domination I intend to have the guy on the receiving end get absolutely nothing in, though.

I was just thinking of this, but I'd consider that more on the angle after the match (Jeff telling Taker he can still stand up) as what made Jeff kept strong.

See to me it doesnt matter. You get dominated or you dont. I guess maybe the work around would be wrestler A dominates. But wrestler b gets the win. I could see that as a work around. But I would think the two notes would conflict.

I could see it in a match like how some of Raven vs Tommy Dreamers stuff played out... where one guy (Raven) did 85% of the offense but the other kept coming anyway. In theory, one man is dominant but his victim looked strong for not giving up. Call it the "Rocky" effect. Or how they made Captain America look int he first movie. Someone who even though he lost the fight and got his butt kicked still earns the audience's respect. I'm finding a hard time citing specific examples and google isnt really helping me out right now.

But I've seen this before in modern pop culture and I feel like I've seen it before in wrestling. Just finding it hard to come up with specific examples.

To expand on my Triple H vs. Sheamus example, I'd say that this is basically the case when the other worker is injured pre-match, and the other worker dominates due to the injury. The injured worker can still get a few strong kick outs before he takes the fall.

I'd say that's always a case when one worker dominates, while the other one is kept strong - eventhough it may sound contradictory.

I can't think of a specific match but a lot of Goldberg streak matches vs Main eventers.

I can't remember any specific matches though with Goldberg I just remember as a kid feeling that even when Goldberg dominated a main eventer that that worker was still as strong as before.

How about Lesnar vs Reigns @ WM31?

Lesnar was dominating, but Reigns was definitely kept strong in that he kicked out of more than it took to beat Undertaker's streak, and started laughing...

Agreed with this. Brock v Cena at ER 2012 also.

A domination is a squash. Like 6 minutes or less. Any longer and you'd be using the Keep Strong note really.

Rather than the Dominate and Keep Strong combination I'd use Keep Strong and Story Telling to achieve any of the aforementioned examples.

A domination is a squash. Like 6 minutes or less.

According to the description in the road agent notes, domination can be used for matches up to 15 minutes.

I know we already had the Nia Jax/Bayley example from Takeover, but Bayley won that match, so from a game perspective, you wouldn't make her kept strong.

But I wonder whether this week's Nia Jax vs. Bayley match would qualify. Nia dominated the match, Bayley sold really well and her comebacks were cut short, but she was kept strong as she always kicked out and fought back, even though she was kayfabe injured.

Archived