Best way to run a Title Tournament?

You have to imagine the tournament there's nothing in game matchwise you can use.

I just use a notepad to set out the bracket when i run them.

I create regular matches and call them "Quarter Finals," "Semi Finals," etc.

That way if I get confused about where I'm at, I can look back on show history and see what I've done so far.

That's what I figured. I use the notepad for keeping track of everything, so I could do it for that as well.

Good idea about naming the matches, I didn't think about that. That would probably work out just fine.

Thanks, guys.

depending on the size and prestige of the event, you could up the prestige of the match type as well (if creating matches by round as suggested), maybe up to medium by the final, higher if its something like a ladder match

Match prestige has literally zero effect on the match. It's only for organization purposes.

I use a few bracket maker apps on my iPad.

My question is do you all run the tournament in one night or over a few shows?AI seems to do one night but I get "overused" notes often if I do it. Not sure if I'm just booking it wrong.

I've done both. I haven't received any overused notes. But I guess my guys are over enough to justify using them that much. I also try and manage the match times for the two finalists, so they don't burn out or get injured. This could help prevent an overused note as well.

I like to use a bracket generator website for my bigger tournaments. A little fancy and unnecessary but it's fun to look back on at a later date.

That's a good idea. I will probably do that.

I make brackets in photoshop just for immersions sake, like this.

http://i.imgur.com/Q8FPk8e.jpg

That's awesome lol, too much work for me, though.

I use a few bracket maker apps on my iPad.

My question is do you all run the tournament in one night or over a few shows?AI seems to do one night but I get "overused" notes often if I do it. Not sure if I'm just booking it wrong.

I feared that, as well. For that reason, I just decided to run a couple 4 Way Matches, with the winners facing off in the Finals. (I didn't want to wait a couple shows to crown a champ).

Wasn't there a tournament feature in a past version, 2010 or earlier? Just curious if anyone else remembers?

From deep in my memory there were issues with it running a one night tournament (maybe), and you could only run one at a time (definitely).

Would love to see something similar back so that you could see tournament brackets in the event history.

I use the website challonge.com to save mine. You have to create an account but it's free of charge.

Was about to ask what you used so thanks for that.

Out of interest, would that set work with a triple threat tournament?

Wasn't there a tournament feature in a past version, 2010 or earlier? Just curious if anyone else remembers?

From deep in my memory there were issues with it running a one night tournament (maybe), and you could only run one at a time (definitely).

Would love to see something similar back so that you could see tournament brackets in the event history.

I was in 2010, but it was an pre made Storyline, and it wasnt carried over

I've been thinking about the tournaments for a while as I have an idea for a triple threat tournament with last chance battle royals between rounds... not sure if booking it as a one night would be a good idea though as you're looking at potentially using a worker 5 times in one night and am worried about penalties.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vampmon" data-cite="vampmon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41630" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been thinking about the tournaments for a while as I have an idea for a triple threat tournament with last chance battle royals between rounds... not sure if booking it as a one night would be a good idea though as you're looking at potentially using a worker 5 times in one night and am worried about penalties.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would highly suggest against that.</p>

Archived