Angle Writer/Clone Angle - How have you liked/used this feature?

I haven't played TEW since 2005, I believe; and even that was just the demo (lack of funds at the time). Since there have been at least two new releases of TEW since my last experience, pretty much everything is new to me (haha).

I'm not sure if Angle Writer/Clone Angle is new to 2016, or if it has been in previous versions, but I absolutely love it. Lack of angles, and not being able to actually book what I want to happen, is one reason I stopped playing EWR way back when. Angle Writer/Clone Angle changes the game for me. I have been able to add multiple angles that were not in the database, which were crucial to my current Storylines.

So I'm curious to see how this feature has helped others. What kind of angles have you made? How did these angles help you better propel a Storyline?! Share your creative mind with us!

A couple I have done so far (not verbatim):

1) Worker is watching another worker's match on the TV backstage, when another worker bumps into them. There is a staredown, but no confrontation.

2) Tag Team who has just won is celebrating, when three workers run in and attack them, but another worker runs in to save the Tag Team. (used for my Los Matadors/New Day Feud - setting up a 3-man tag match for the titles.)

3) Worker who has just won is celebrating, when a third worker runs in and beats down both the winner and loser. (would think this would be in by default? Used to setup Reigns Heel turn).

So what are some good/interesting angles that you all have created?!

I haven't played TEW since 2005, I believe; and even that was just the demo (lack of funds at the time). Since there have been at least two new releases of TEW since my last experience, pretty much everything is new to me (haha).

I'm not sure if Angle Writer/Clone Angle is new to 2016, or if it has been in previous versions, but I absolutely love it. Lack of angles, and not being able to actually book what I want to happen, is one reason I stopped playing EWR way back when. Angle Writer/Clone Angle changes the game for me. I have been able to add multiple angles that were not in the database, which were crucial to my current Storylines.

So I'm curious to see how this feature has helped others. What kind of angles have you made? How did these angles help you better propel a Storyline?! Share your creative mind with us!

A couple I have done so far (not verbatim):

1) Worker is watching another worker's match on the TV backstage, when another worker bumps into them. There is a staredown, but no confrontation.

2) Tag Team who has just won is celebrating, when three workers run in and attack them, but another worker runs in to save the Tag Team. (used for my Los Matadors/New Day Feud - setting up a 3-man tag match for the titles.)

3) Worker who has just won is celebrating, when loser runs in and beats them down. (would think this would be in by default? Used to setup Reigns Heel turn).

So what are some good/interesting angles that you all have created?!

I think #3 is in there. Post Match - Beat down 1v1 Ver 1 if I am not mistaken.

I think #3 is in there. Post Match - Beat down 1v1 Ver 1 if I am not mistaken.

You're right. I wrote that wrong.

The Angle I created was a third worker comes in and beats down the winner and loser. Used for my IC Title feud with multiple workers involved in the feud.

You're right. I wrote that wrong.

The Angle I created was a third worker comes in and beats down the winner and loser. Used for my IC Title feud with multiple workers involved in the feud.

Ahh. I usually use the "Monster Unleashed" angle for that. Mostly because anyone who is coming down and destroying 2 people is probably a high menace guy. Atleast in my mind haha

Ahh. I usually use the "Monster Unleashed" angle for that. Mostly because anyone who is coming down and destroying 2 people is probably a high menace guy. Atleast in my mind haha

What category is that angle under? I think I've seem it once, but can't remember where.

What category is that angle under? I think I've seem it once, but can't remember where.

If you sort by menace based, there are 4 of them. Only problem is that the text says the attack takes place before the match or that they are a Tag Team in the 2 on 1 versions. I try to ignore that, but usually end up making a version with proper verbiage.

Angles will be called "Monster Unleashed"

If you sort by menace based, there are 4 of them. Only problem is that the text says the attack takes place before the match or that they are a Tag Team in the 2 on 1 versions. I try to ignore that, but usually end up making a version with proper verbiage.

Angles will be called "Monster Unleashed"

Yeah, that's why I love "Clone Angle". Just clone it and edit to your liking; makes it a lot easier!

What Angle Pack do you use?? No matter what Mod I'm playing I always delete the angles it comes with and reload the default angles, as I think they've got the best balance.

Plus I don't use a lot of angles. In a game sense many angles do exactly the same thing and as long as I get the description right on the Show History, I'm happy.

What Angle Pack do you use?? No matter what Mod I'm playing I always delete the angles it comes with and reload the default angles, as I think they've got the best balance.

Plus I don't use a lot of angles. In a game sense many angles do exactly the same thing and as long as I get the description right on the Show History, I'm happy.

I didn't realize that the mod I was using probably had it's own Angles. I'm using a RW May 2016 mod that was converted from 2013 by..a user I forgot. It was the first RW mod on here.

How many default Angles are there, and how do you get the default Angles back?

I didn't realize that the mod I was using probably had it's own Angles. I'm using a RW May 2016 mod that was converted from 2013 by..a user I forgot. It was the first RW mod on here.

How many default Angles are there, and how do you get the default Angles back?

Go to Delete Data in the Editor of your save game. Go to Angles, select all and delete (thankfully in TEW 2016 you don't have to select them one at a time anymore).

Then go into Import Angles, choose Default database, Select All and Import.

EDIT: I also do the same with Matches, as a lot of the Matches on the Mods are a bit screwy, particularly with their name that shows up on the Show History tab. I want my show history to say "Shawn Michaels defeated Undertaker in a Last Man Standing match", NOT "Shawn Michaels defeated Undertaker in a 1 vs 1 Last Man Standing match".

I'm picky like that.

Go to Delete Data in the Editor of your save game. Go to Angles, select all and delete (thankfully in TEW 2016 you don't have to select them one at a time anymore).

Then go into Import Angles, choose Default database, Select All and Import.

EDIT: I also do the same with Matches, as a lot of the Matches on the Mods are a bit screwy, particularly with their name that shows up on the Show History tab. I want my show history to say "Shawn Michaels defeated Undertaker in a Last Man Standing match", NOT "Shawn Michaels defeated Undertaker in a 1 vs 1 Last Man Standing match".

I'm picky like that.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I am picky, too!

In a game sense many angles do exactly the same thing and as long as I get the description right on the Show History, I'm happy.

I don't even use "clone angle/angle writer" anymore because of "freestyle angles".

Ya know, I'm not sure why I haven't just used Freestyle more. I have used it a few times, but most of the time I am searching aimlessly for an angle that fits my situation! I am just going to Freestyle from now on, and just name the Freestyle whatever it is about, so I know in the match history. You guys probably just saved me a ton of time!

Archived