Running a small promotion? / noob advice

Hey all,

New swimmer here ready to take that plunge and join in. I've booked a couple weeks (poorly) for TCW and it seems like a fun game. I'm impressed by the depth of the challenge and the amount of creative energy that went into the C-verse. I've seen some folks here offer a great idea to start with a small promotion to learn the game and I've picked NYCW. Any advice you offer, I'm grateful to you, this game is almost as difficult as sitting through an entire modern episode of Raw.

A few of the questions which I can remember...

How often should I run a show? When the game starts NYCW has just 2 shows scheduled in the first year.

What should I focus on in order to grow?

General budgeting advice?

Any advice about handling NYCW's traditional product? What am I looking for in a ring worker? I would think psychology, brawl, chain wrestling? Their fans are said to expect slow-paced matches like back in the day, does this mean I should never book an all-out match? I am fishing for advice on what kinds of workers to look for and how to book them. :D

Venues. Strategy for a small company, strategy for a large company?

Alliances? :confused:

Really anything you care to offer, I thank you. Tough learning curve here but the game seems awesome!

Keep on booking :cool:

<p>I run shows as often as I can while gaining money. Easiest way to do it is run 1 show in your first month.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Do you gain money that month? Next month try 2 shows a month. If you lose money continue 1 show a month until you make enough money to run 2 shows a month. Assuming you can afford 1 show a month keep doing this process until you run weekly events. Thats where I am at now with my company. I run 4 events a month 1 a week with no PPV. I dont have a team but I treat my events as if they are TV shows.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

But if you lose money running 1 show a month than run 1 show every other month. So start with that. 1 show every other month until you are making good money.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Also sign a bunch of very cheap workers(under $300 a show). Sometimes you can run your cheap guys on a very short length show and not lose pop from it.</p><p> </p><p>

But mostly just toy around with your events and how many you run a month. The more shows you run, the faster your pop increases and more money you end up making.</p>

Hey all,

New swimmer here ready to take that plunge and join in. I've booked a couple weeks (poorly)

Well welcome to the pool. I'll see if I can help you out! I almost exclusively start as a small or regional company, so this is my bread and butter (MAW is my favorite starting promotion if I'm not creating my own).

How often should I run a show? When the game starts NYCW has just 2 shows scheduled in the first year.

What should I focus on in order to grow?

General budgeting advice?

I recommend running, at NYCW's level, one show a month for a while. You're not going to be drawing a whole lot of fans so you'll want to make sure you're not over spending. Focus on your home territory -- don't worry about branching out, keep running show after show in the same market to build it up and get to the next level -- then step out.

Any advice about handling NYCW's traditional product? What am I looking for in a ring worker? I would think psychology, brawl, chain wrestling? Their fans are said to expect slow-paced matches like back in the day, does this mean I should never book an all-out match? I am fishing for advice on what kinds of workers to look for and how to book them. :D

You want workers with good basics, stamina, and pyschology. You can do an all-out match, that just means workers are going to be going all out in the style you produce.

Venues. Strategy for a small company, strategy for a large company?

Alliances? :confused:

Really anything you care to offer, I thank you. Tough learning curve here but the game seems awesome!

Keep on booking :cool:

Run a venue that will seat as many people as you can draw. Use the generic venue if you need to. You want to fit as many butts into seats. Don't run too big of a venue though, for instance, if you can draw 700 people, don't run a 1,000 seat venue, run a generic one to make sure it's sold out.

Alliances are like the old NWA. You can loan out talent to each other (for a fee), that way you can freshen up your shows with new faces every now and then. You're also in the COTT -- which means you have a shared World and World Tag Team title. You can bring these titles in and defend them on your show. It gives you a little boost.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41655" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry to hijack the thread but if you're running a small company with one show a month where do you go to add a second show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to schedule -- add event</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41655" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>did the latest patches add in a fee going to the promotion own the loaned talent? that bugged me with 1.02 and 1.03 when my people got borrowed a lot and I never got anything.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not meant to, is it? I thought that was the fee the alliance got for arranging the loan?</p>

Archived