**match was penalized due to lack of associated storyline*** WHATS THIS MEAN?

I seem to get this message quite often in the dirt sheet after a main event. I run a tag match or a singles with two workers(at least) involved in the same storyline, the storyline has heat of 90+, both workers have fairly good or more momentum in the storyline, and are major pieces. But quite often I get a dirt sheet note saying "match was penalized due to lack of associated storyline" and it seems the match suffers significantly to a 78-82 rating. Does anyone know what this means , and how to rectify it?

I seem to get this message quite often in the dirt sheet after a main event. I run a tag match or a singles with two workers(at least) involved in the same storyline, the storyline has heat of 90+, both workers have fairly good or more momentum in the storyline, and are major pieces. But quite often I get a dirt sheet note saying "match was penalized due to lack of associated storyline" and it seems the match suffers significantly to a 78-82 rating. Does anyone know what this means , and how to rectify it?

I get this alot as well. I think it says lack of associated HOT storyline. I also even get it when it involves two workers in the same hot storyline. Not always, but occasionally.

It's honestly more of a hassle than anything. I enjoy the idea behind it but it's way too strict in my opinion, that or it should have the option to be turned on or off. From what I can tell it caps your match at 78.

Exactly , I just wanna know what it relates too. I mean, a storyline with a 95 heat is pretty darn HOT.... How can you adjust to this? Or It is this unavoidable? Not bad if it happens in a mid card match but when ya happening in the main event , it's a show rating killer.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's honestly more of a hassle than anything. I enjoy the idea behind it but it's way too strict in my opinion, that or it should have the option to be turned on or off. From what I can tell it caps your match at 78.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually I'd say your match it being capped at 80 for being shorter than 20 minutes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwhippy" data-cite="mrwhippy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The 78 cap is time restraints, not lack of storyline heat.<p> </p><p> Anyways, I'd expect my rating to get a big hit if my 'A' show main event had nothing to do with an ongoing storyline.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed. I think the penalty is working pretty much exactly like it should. And you have to consider that, on the other side of the coin, hot storylines can also significantly improve your match and segment ratings.</p>

Both workers in my main events are involved in the same storyline...have great momentum in the storyline....and the storyline has a heat of 90+. So i should not be getting this note than.....im not quite sure why i'm getting it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rhyblack" data-cite="rhyblack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Both workers in my main events are involved in the same storyline...have great momentum in the storyline....and the storyline has a heat of 90+. So i should not be getting this note than.....im not quite sure why i'm getting it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does the road agent note say "lack of associated storyline" or "penalized due to low storyline heat"?</p>

Archived