Total Championship Wrestling: Rise to Immortality

<p>I liked seeing the International Title match go on last, made it feel important. Although I'm curious how that went in terms of match grades? I know early on in the national battle I would be worried to do that. Although am I right in thinking you've changed the product to be rated more on performance? In which case I can imagine it doing good enough. </p><p> </p><p>

I guess you would have had to have changed the product to allow all this newcomers in the Junior division to be able to pull good enough grades.</p>

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41659" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I liked seeing the International Title match go on last, made it feel important. Although I'm curious how that went in terms of match grades? I know early on in the national battle I would be worried to do that. Although am I right in thinking you've changed the product to be rated more on performance? In which case I can imagine it doing good enough. <p> </p><p> I guess you would have had to have changed the product to allow all this newcomers in the Junior division to be able to pull good enough grades.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the feedback!</p><p> </p><p> Yes, I've changed the product to put more emphasis on performance -- I used Burning Hammer for a template. TCW starts as perf > pop. </p><p> </p><p> We just fell from National at this point, but we're looking to get back up in a couple months. TCW was able to beat USPW handily, but couldn't keep up with SWF. </p><p> </p><p> The Junior matches (so far) haven't been "main-event" level matches. While that will change in the future, right now the "division" is in flux, and several talents will "size out" onto the main roster. </p><p> </p><p> I plan to make clear that, in general, Junior performers are "too small" to challenge for the "main titles" while keeping the division strong against "their peers". With some new(er) blood coming in, I plan to establish this.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>The Post-Script I</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>This project was always too ambitious.</em></strong> </p><p> </p><p>

And as I added more and more too it, it became even larger. Almost impossible in size.</p><p> </p><p>

That, and with more responsibility, comes less power. Less energy, less time. Suddenly, I was only sending out a television show every few months, not every few days -- as I wanted too. </p><p> </p><p>

So, stuck at a crossroads, I had to change course. <strong>I'm going to start a new diary sometime in the next week. </strong> I have developed a plan to lower workload and still update regularly.</p>

<p>The Post-Script II</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>But before I go, I'm going to give a brief post-script. Where would we go from here?</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rocky Golden's Return:</strong></p><p>

Rocky Golden would be declared unable to compete for over a month after Eddie Peak injured his arm. Despite this, he'd announce a plan to intervene in the title match at <em>TCW Just Another Day?</em> in March. Rocky would attack Eddie Peak in the Main Event, and Aaron Andrews would pick up a victory with the assist. </p><p>

<strong>Eddie Peak vs. Aaron Andrews</strong></p><p>

Eddie Peak would turn on Aaron Andrews on Week 3 Total Wrestling Episode. After <em>Just Another Day?</em>, Andrews would again align with Peak, and the two would temporarily make up. </p><p>

<strong>International Title</strong></p><p>

Sir Tory [Tory Tornado] would become #1 Contender Week 3 after Count Estrella [La Estrella] interfered, allowing Tory to defeat Mighty Mo. Marc Speed would envoke his rematch clause at <em>Just Another Day?</em>. Chord would pin Speed for the pin, leading Tory and Chord to feud on Television for the belt. </p><p>

<strong>"House of Orange" Stable</strong></p><p>

The House of Orange would add two individuals, The "Hired Help", to be enforcers. They would include Sir Sandretti [bull Wrecker] and his assistant, [Mutant]. Dressing in Bright Orange, these two would challenge New Wave for the Tag Titles at <em>Where Angles Fear to Tread</em>.</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>

<span>http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/TCW/Alternates/La%20Estrella_alt3_zpsoow2mnuf.png</span></p><p>

<span style="font-size:8px;"><em>Concept for Count Estrella, House of Orange</em></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

<strong>The "Pure" Wrestlers</strong></p><p>

Shane would announce the second man to debut at <em>Where Angels Fear to Tread</em>. John Valor [Valiant] would debut, to the sound of La Coka Nostra ft. B. Real's <em>

</em></p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/53GrVNFArHQ?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="La Coka Nostra Feat. B-Real - I'm An American"></iframe></div></div> -- drawing serious heat -- against Ricky Dale Johnson. Sneer let Johnson, who just defeated Floyd Goldworthy's Killer Shark at <em>Just Another Day?</em>. Joshua Taylor would debut as the third member, and threesome would terrorize the TCW locker room. Many former TCW Heels, including Jay Chord, would turn "face" to fight the "invaders". They would challenge TCW to a 4 vs. 4 Total Mayhem at <em>TCW Presents Total Mayhem</em>. <p>

<strong>Stone vs. Huggins:</strong></p><p>

Edd Stone would lose a Career vs. Career match to Huggins at TCW <em>Just Another Day?</em> to Huggins. Afterwards, Freddy would struggle in singles, before forming a new tag team with Jack Griffith called The Intercontinental Breakfast Express. The two would film vignettes in Hotels, eventually getting a title shot at the New Wave on TV, before the New Faces of Puro, New Black Cobra [Edd Stone] and New Dark Angel [steven Parker], cost them the match -- with Edd getting his revenge on his former partner a couple months down the road. </p><p>

<strong>Eddie Peak vs. Rocky Golden</strong></p><p>

Eddie Peak and Rocky Golden would face off in a High Incident Scaffold Match [A Scaffold Match with Chairs and Tables set up in the ring below] at <em>Where Angels Fear to Tread.</em> Rocky would win after Aaron Andrews turned on Eddie Peak, smashing him with a light tube before hitting the <em>Sound of Freedom </em>[burning Hammer] on Peak, who took a crazy bump to the floor below. Post-match, Andrews would slam the light tube into Golden's chest, sending him through the tables. Afterwards, he'd pose with the title atop the scaffold. Peak would vanish for an extended period, before returning face and fighting Andrews. </p><p>

<strong>Total Mayhem</strong></p><p>

<strong>Main Event:</strong> Leading up to Total Mayhem, both Rocky Golden and Sammy Bach would chose to eschew their title shots to face off against the invaders. They'd agree to a stipulation where if TCW won, the invaders would leave. If the Pure Grapplers won, they would gain control of half TCW's programming. While both Golden and Bach would commit to the team, Sneer would claim one had turned over to the Pure Grapplers. PCG would claim victory over team TCW would allow them title shots if either the #1 Contender [Rocky Golden] or the Tag Team Champions [New Wave] were included in the match. </p><p>

The week before Total Mayhem, Team TCW, Ricky Dale Johnson and The New Wave [Guide & Scout] would in an interview state that neither Golden or Bach had confirmed their allegiance. </p><p>

In the match, Bach would turn and join the Pure Grapplers, giving the win after attacking Rocky Golden. </p><p>

<strong>World Heavyweight</strong>: Jay Chord would announce at <em>Just Another Day</em> that he was cashing in his title shot, give to the International Champion, at Total Mayhem. Jay would lose a ladder match to Andrews at Total Mayhem for the World Title -- on the debut PCG Television Show [PCG Hour of Sport] Chord would answer Sammy Bach's open challenge, only to lose after interference from the "Pure Wrestler" stable. </p><p>

Bach would get a title match at the next PPV, which would be the PCG equivalent of NWO/WCW Souled Out. At the PPV, the PCG stars would sweep the Heavyweight Title picture [World, Intercontinental and World Tag], with the exception of..</p><p>

<strong>Super Junior Division:</strong></p><p>

At <em>Just Another Day,</em> White Angel would defend his title after his match with Kill Switch would be ruled a no-contest when The Night Terrors interfered. After defeating La Estrella among others, Velocity [Velocidad] would be granted a title shot at <em>Total Mayhem</em>. Kill Switch would pin Velocity to retain the title after interference from The Night Terrors. </p><p>

At <em>Total Mayhem</em>, Devine Fortune{Darryl Devine & Chance Fortune] would defeat The Archtypes [Hudson Drake & Stevie Grayson], Night Terrors and Painful Procedure [Drake Young & Ozzie Golden] to win the Super Junior Tag Team Titles. Afterwards, The Tokyo Express [Fumihiro Ota & Kazuma Naruto] would beat down the new champs, and feud with them for the Tag Titles. </p><p>

<strong>TCW Programming</strong></p><p>

In a "brand split" moment, TCW would crown their own champions on TCW Presents Total Wrestling. Rocky Golden eventually would claim their Heavyweight Title in a tournament, defeating Aaron Andrews in the finals. </p><p>

<strong>Aftermath</strong></p><p>

With control of the World and Intercontinental Titles, the "Pure Wrestlers" would control TCW. However, dissension within the group would be their downfall. First, The "House of Orange" would win a Total Mayhem Match against the Pure Grapplers in a PPV Main Event after John Valor [Valiant] turned on the Pure Grapplers -- later, it would be revealed that Sir Tory bribed Valor. </p><p>

Sammy would increasing distrust both Taylor and Monster Takano. Sammy would face Rocky Golden at <em>Malice in Wonderland</em> for control of TCW Programming in a title vs. title match -- Sammy would win, turn face, and offer Rocky a handshake -- and Rocky would turn on him! Afterwards, the Pure Grapplers would storm the ring, and beat down both. </p><p>

With this, Sammy would turn face, and TCW would officially become Pure Canvas Grappling, controlling all former TCW programming. </p><p>

<strong>Fun Fact</strong></p><p>

Each "Pure Wrestling" stable member would have their own sponsorship, like "Monster" Takano. The original plan would be... </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"Hot Topic" Sammy Bach</strong></p><p><strong>

"American Eagle" John Valor</strong></p><p><strong>

"Tap Out" Joshua Taylor</strong></p><p> </p><p>

They would dress in uniforms exactly like Monster Takano -- skin tight t-shirts with logos and caps. Each wrestler would wear a logo in the same color that their company represents. Bach would wear red, Taylor would wear blue, and Valor would wear Gold.</p><p>

Sammy would tailor his look to the "Hot Topic" brand, with the eccentricities becoming more apparent once he begins to turn on the "Pure" Grapplers. </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t602/SoulshineSeeker/TCW/New%20Hires/Avalanche_Takano_zpsjtogmkes.png</span><p>

<span style="font-size:8px;"><em>Avalanche Takano with "Monster" sponsored gear.</em></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

<strong>Figurehead</strong></p><p>

Originally, Sammy Bach was planned to be the figurehead. However, he had a really low overness cap, so eventually Jay Chord would be groomed to take Rocky's place, with Velocity [Velocidad] as a backup plan. Jay Chord would be working a mid-2014 Dean Ambrose like gimmick. </p><p> </p><p>

That's all folks! I'll see you [at some point] in <strong>National Wrestling Alliance</strong>!</p>

Archived