Welcome to the Coastal Zone 2016

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Anderz" data-cite="Anderz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41689" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ross Henry? He's just a poor Victor St. Hubbins rip-off!! He's not even an Olympian!<p> </p><p> Great stuff as always; and as always I'll be here reading along.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always thought of him as a less talented Joel Kovach myself. At least Kovach could take you to the mat.</p>

<p>Insert Tagline Here. Welcome to the Coastal Zone!</p><p> </p><p>

We re-signed California Love Machine’s contract. He’d been doing good work for us lately, and we fully intended to keep him doing that good work. We figured by the time we hit the half-way point of the year, it would be time to mix up the roster a bit maybe. We were already making decisions on who mayor may not be sticking around.</p><p> </p><p>

Oh, and Land Mass retired. Concession vendors everywhere held a moment of silence.</p><p> </p><p>

… and Fox has added another protege, Frankie-Boy Fernandez, apparently promising the others that he would teach him to be more careful. Interesting choice.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, the teams have been ‘randomized’, it’s time for the fun!</p><p> </p><p>

May 2016, week 3, Monday</p><p>

Live from the Gorski Ballroom, it’s…</p><p>

CZCW Strange Bedfellows</p><p> </p><p>

OPENING MATCHES (TOURNAMENT ROUND 1)</p><p>

(Air Attack Weasel & Davis Wayne Newton def. Al Coleman & American Flash, 8:38, C-)</p><p>

(Waylan Walls & Super Ninja def. Jackpot Jordan & Carlos Berrara, 9:09, C-)</p><p>

(Tigre Salvaje Jr & Miguel Rivera def. El Jaguar & Jonnie Perez, 12:25, C-)</p><p>

(Simon Waves & Frankie-Boy Ferandez def. Matt Sparrow & Hellech, 11:13, D+)</p><p> </p><p>

Four matches, three good, and the other better than expected. We’re fairly pleased with everyone involved, really. </p><p> </p><p>

ANGLE</p><p>

Ross Henry comes out and invites out Fox Mask and California Love Machine, telling them that they weren’t involved in the tournament because he’s chosen to face them tonight. After some consideration, he’s decided to give CLM a COTT title shot, and Fox Mask deserves the CZCW Title shot. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

SEMI-FINAL MATCHES (TOURNAMENT ROUND 2)</p><p>

(Air Attack Weasel & Davis Wayne Newton def. Super Ninja & Hellech, 11:10, C-)</p><p>

(Tigre Salvaje Jr & Miguel Rivera def Frankie-Boy Fernandez & Simon Waves , 8:18, C-)</p><p> </p><p>

…. For a moment, I thought I’d booked that last one the wrong way. Then I re-read the match and reversed the winners and losers, and it looked right.</p><p> </p><p>

COTT TITLE MATCH</p><p>

(Ross Henry © def. California Love Machine via pinfall , 13:59, C+)</p><p>

Surprise match of the night right there, maybe? CLM justifies his new contract right out of the gate!</p><p> </p><p>

TAG TEAM CONTENDERSHIP MATCH (TOURNAMENT FINALS)</p><p>

(Air Attack Weasel & Davis Wayne Newton def. Tigre Salvaje Jr & Miguel Rivera, 12:28, C)</p><p>

Yes, Miguel Rivera was just involved in a potential second-best-of-the-night match. But Weasel and Davis earn a title shot at American Cobras next month.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW TITLE MATCH</p><p>

(Ross Henry © def. Fox Mask via pinfall, 17:01, C)</p><p>

Fox had a bad night here, as he was trying to keep up with the new kid and was obviously a step or two out of place at times. But in the end, the torch is finally passed, and with a handshake afterwards, Ross Henry is on his way to becoming the new face of the Coastal Zone.</p><p> </p><p>

Show Rating:: D+ (Overuse of… Damn near everyone, and I forgot to tell anyone to steal the show.)</p><p>

Attendance: 3,500</p><p> </p><p>

Hellech has apparently decided to play politics to save his job, with CLM considering the clown a friend. Hooboy. Waylon Walls and American Flash are said to be going out of their way to have nothing to do with each other. Willow, who apparently is still around, is dating Air Attack Weasel. Oooooookay. </p><p> </p><p>

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: Weasel gets a new manager. Guess who?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41689" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is Ross your official figurehead yet?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not enough is known about Ross Henry's in-ring skills at this time.</p>

<p>And so it’s come to this. Welcome to the Coastal Zone!</p><p> </p><p>

Right into the action here, folks.</p><p> </p><p>

June 2016, Week 1, Monday</p><p>

Live from the Grissom Auditorium, it’s</p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/c5b64cN.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

OPENING FIVE-MAN XTREME TITLE LADDER MATCH</p><p>

(Jonnie Perez def. Al Coleman ©, American Flash, Waylon Walls, and Hellech, 13:46, D)</p><p>

I was hoping for a better opener, but it looks like Waylon hurt himself early on and everyone slowed down a bit afterwards. New champion here, ‘cause Coleman just isn’t Xtreme enough. Jonnie, tho? Kid’ll wind up killing himself if I don’t tell him to chill out.</p><p> </p><p>

SINGLES MATCH</p><p>

(Tigre Salvaje Jr def. Frankie-Boy Fernandez via pinfall, 10:49, D)</p><p>

This, I was also hoping for better. But Tigre wasn’t doing well and Frankie was actually able to keep up with him… but not in a good way.</p><p> </p><p>

SINGLES MATCH</p><p>

(California Love Machine def. Simon Waves via pinfall, 9:19, D-)</p><p>

… oh, come on! CLM should have been able to get a decent match out of this kid! Why is he off his game tonight? I mean, seriously, is everyone taking a mental health day???</p><p> </p><p>

COTT TITLE MATCH - LUCHA LIBRE RULES</p><p>

(Ross Henry © def. El Jaguar via two straight, 13:44, C)</p><p>

That’s better. We’re starting to learn a bit of Ross’s weaknesses; the guy needs to learn to sell. But he got a good match in, and just in time; we needed one.</p><p> </p><p>

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH</p><p>

(Fox Mask def. Super Ninja and Matt Sparrow, 20:56, C)</p><p>

Oh, look, another guy really off his game. Sparrow looked horrible out there, but the other two picked up the slack and gave us another good match. Not sure why I’m keeping Fox strong; probably just wind up feeding him to Henry again. I need some variety in the main event.</p><p> </p><p>

TAG MATCH</p><p>

(Rich & Famous def. Notorious via pinfall, 12:56, D+)</p><p>

And here’s your bathroom break.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW TAG TEAM TITLE LADDER MATCH</p><p>

(Air Attack Weasel & Davis Wayne Newton def. American Cobras © in 12:51 after Ross Henry attacks Storm Spillane, C+)</p><p>

Wow, these two teams delivered. And what’s going on with that interference? Well…</p><p> </p><p>

ANGLE</p><p>

Ross tells everyone the reason he attacked Storm was to get Marvel Malloy good and angry… because he’s getting a CZCW Title Shot tonight, right now, and Ross wants a hell of a fight (B)</p><p> </p><p>

MAIN EVENT</p><p>

CZCW TITLE MATCH</p><p>

(Ross Henry © def. Marvel Malloy via pinfall, 18:23, C-)</p><p>

… a slight letdown there. We went too long and neither of them has the experience to really cover for the other in a match that long. Good to know.</p><p> </p><p>

Show Rating: C-</p><p>

Attendance: 3,421</p><p> </p><p>

Well, okay, we could have done better there with some re-arranging of the card. But we learned things that will be good for next time, right?</p>

<p>A bit of a cheat right now,a s I haven't had time to sim more shows... here's the logos I have for the shows that I missed making logos for.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/rCnmhHW.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/IKVQPOy.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/fr0PlPI.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/1NMqwvE.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

Actual update will come soon...</p>

<p>Okay, so not quite an update. But... a contest!</p><p> </p><p>

Guess how many shows we go until someone hired Ross away on a written contract! If you're right, you get... something. We'll figure it out. Name an event, make a match, something weird maybe.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="infinitywpi" data-cite="infinitywpi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41689" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, so not quite an update. But... a contest!<p> </p><p> Guess how many shows we go until someone hired Ross away on a written contract! If you're right, you get... something. We'll figure it out. Name an event, make a match, something weird maybe.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 0. Number is 0. Henry is already gone.</p>

Archived