Can you switch World Mods after you you have already started a game?

Just wondering if you can switch your game world after you have already started a game, without causing any issues with the game?

If I download a different Real World Mod, but just move my actual game save into that Mod folder, everything should work just fine, shouldn't it?

I started with the first RW Mod that was available, but I have been noticing more and more errors with certain information, and would like to look into some other Mods, but I'm not going to start all over.

As I understand it, moving the save file to a different folder won't change anything anyway. When the new save is created, it copies it's info from the database file and that is the last time the actual database file is used for that game. You would be playing the same game from a different location. Your best bet to continue your save with updated info would be to use the in-game editor to fix errors as you go. If that won't work, then you would need to start a new save with the database of your choice.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41707" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As I understand it, moving the save file to a different folder won't change anything anyway. When the new save is created, it copies it's info from the database file and that is the last time the actual database file is used for that game. You would be playing the same game from a different location. Your best bet to continue your save with updated info would be to use the in-game editor to fix errors as you go. If that won't work, then you would need to start a new save with the database of your choice.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes sense now that you say it. Thanks, everyone.</p>

Archived