AI not hiring workers in time decline

In my current game, I'm in June 2017 in the Cornellverse, so a year and a half from the start point. In that time, the big three have released a number of workers in time decline, including Tyson Baine, Crippler (Lobster Warrior), Joe Sexy, Joel Bryant and others. Some pretty big names.

Now, I understand why the big three don't want them anymore, but as soon as they are released, they never work again. None of the smaller companies ever go near them. To me, this is completely at odds to reality, where the indies basically exist from name stars that are past their best selling the show, which is then filled up by younger, cheaper wrestlers. Surely a guy like Lobster becoming available on the indy scene, who's still massively over and can still work (even if he's not quite what he once was) would be an indy promoter's dream come true?

Has anyone else noticed this in their games? Is this done by design or is there a good reason why these guys' careers are effectively over once they're let go by SWF, TCW or USPW?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my current game, I'm in June 2017 in the Cornellverse, so a year and a half from the start point. In that time, the big three have released a number of workers in time decline, including Tyson Baine, Crippler (Lobster Warrior), Joe Sexy, Joel Bryant and others. Some pretty big names.<p> </p><p> Now, I understand why the big three don't want them anymore, but as soon as they are released, they never work again. None of the smaller companies ever go near them. To me, this is completely at odds to reality, where the indies basically exist from name stars that are past their best selling the show, which is then filled up by younger, cheaper wrestlers. Surely a guy like Lobster becoming available on the indy scene who's still massively over and can still work would be an indy promoter's dream come true?</p><p> </p><p> Has anyone else noticed this in their games? Is this done by design or is there a good reason why these guys' careers are effectively over once they're let go by SWF, TCW or USPW?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Probably because they demand too much money, which is what I've seen when looking at some of these guys in my 0/0/0/0 game. If they want to keep working, they should be prepared to take some pay cuts. I am not sure if that is part of TEW, but if it is, perhaps it needs to be even more pronounced.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr. Hook" data-cite="Dr. Hook" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably because they demand too much money, which is what I've seen when looking at some of these guys in my 0/0/0/0 game. If they want to keep working, they should be prepared to take some pay cuts. I am not sure if that is part of TEW, but if it is, perhaps it needs to be even more pronounced.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I agree absolutely, they should be prepared to take pay cuts and in real life, they would be for sure. But with the pay levels in TEW based almost entirely on the workers' overness, they won't (and can't, based on the game mechanics) work for less. </p><p> </p><p> I'd like to see some way for these workers to continue their careers post-big three, but as the game currently works, maybe that's not possible?</p>

I agree. I have simmed up to 2022. Joe Sexy was the only big star hired by indie companies at some point. Some of the unemployed big names aren't even in deep decline yet. (80+ consistency). Tommy Cornell lost his job at 41 and never got rehired. I hope some richer companies would spend more for bigger names.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="redgiant" data-cite="redgiant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree. I have simmed up to 2022. Joe Sexy was the only big star hired by indie companies at some point. Some of the unemployed big names aren't even in deep decline yet. (80+ consistency). Tommy Cornell lost his job at 41 and never got rehired. I hope some richer companies would spend more for bigger names.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> That's crazy. Tommy Cornell could do a job for a smaller company even when he's in seven-year decline, as his starting stats are so high, it would take a long time for the decline to drain them completely.</p><p> </p><p> It's not even necessarily the richer companies as such; wouldn't FCW, NYCW, CZCW, GSW, 4C, etc. be prepared to break the bank to have Cornell or Lobster, even for just one show?</p><p> </p><p> The problem as I see it is how the worker's wage requests are calculated in-game. The more over a worker, the more money they want, which is perfectly reasonable when they are in their prime, but it works against them later. In fact, the bigger a star they were/are, the harder it actually is for them to work after big company release. Midcarders whose pop never went above 50-60 are more likely to get hired by the indies (like you mentioned Joe Sexy) than the guys who made it big (Cornell, Lobster).</p>

<p>Their wage demands do go down, but not immediately (nor should they). They have to be unemployed for a while before reality hits them. It might simply be a case that their decline is more precipitous than their reality check.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, the idea that some small or regional promotion should destroy their finances to have one of these people come in once is flawed. Not every promotion is going to want Tyson Baine to come in and smash their top guy and you can't expect someone of that level to want to come in to job to random_indie_worker_117. There comes a time when a worker's "going rate" (or what he thinks his rate should be) exceeds his usefulness. If you can't go in the ring anymore but you demand a top tier in-ring worker fee, you should expect to be unemployed, in my opinion. Perhaps one of the AI enhancements is the AI finally getting to see behind the curtain and acting accordingly?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Their wage demands do go down, but not immediately (nor should they). They have to be unemployed for a while before reality hits them. It might simply be a case that their decline is more precipitous than their reality check.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hope they lower their requests over time. I've never seen that happen though. If it takes years to happen, then by the time they lower their demands, they're worthless anyway. Surely, different workers personalities should come into play, with some eager to work, while others hold out for the big pay day they are accustomed to.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, the idea that some small or regional promotion should destroy their finances to have one of these people come in once is flawed. Not every promotion is going to want Tyson Baine to come in and smash their top guy and you can't expect someone of that level to want to come in to job to random_indie_worker_117. There comes a time when a worker's "going rate" (or what he thinks his rate should be) exceeds his usefulness. If you can't go in the ring anymore but you demand a top tier in-ring worker fee, you should expect to be unemployed, in my opinion. Perhaps one of the AI enhancements is the AI finally getting to see behind the curtain and acting accordingly?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not so sure about this. In reality, I've seen shows where fat, barely mobile and intoxicated guys (cough, Jake the Snake, Scott Hall) struggle to the ring, "wrestle" for a few minutes and pin the indy worker they're facing. Even if we're not going this far, indies thrive on advertising a name star (ex-WWE, WCW, etc.) to sell tickets. </p><p> </p><p> In-game, they don't even have to break the bank. A Tyson Baine appearance costs about $3500 in my current game. For someone like GSW or IPW, this is the cost of 3 or 4 of their regular workers. It's a lot, sure, but if they leave those 3-4 workers off the show, then they don't even lose money. Of course, a human player can do this, it may be too much to expect of the AI.</p><p> </p><p> The real issue though is not guys who "can't go anymore" like you say, but workers who have just entered decline and may still have 2 or 3 good years left in the ring but no-one will touch them because their wage demands are calculated based on their popularity, with no flexibility.</p>

Their wage demands do go down, but not immediately (nor should they). They have to be unemployed for a while before reality hits them. It might simply be a case that their decline is more precipitous than their reality check.

Also, the idea that some small or regional promotion should destroy their finances to have one of these people come in once is flawed. Not every promotion is going to want Tyson Baine to come in and smash their top guy and you can't expect someone of that level to want to come in to job to random_indie_worker_117. There comes a time when a worker's "going rate" (or what he thinks his rate should be) exceeds his usefulness. If you can't go in the ring anymore but you demand a top tier in-ring worker fee, you should expect to be unemployed, in my opinion. Perhaps one of the AI enhancements is the AI finally getting to see behind the curtain and acting accordingly?

You say that, in 2002 Eddie Guerrero was out of WWE and came to Brittian for one night, was paid far more then any other worker and jobbed for British boy, Doug Williams. Ok, he wasn't in time decline, but it was after his drink driving charge, and was on a one night contract, in a country where he was far less over then the USA anyway. Okay, he wasn't too over in the USA anyway, as it has before his push when he returned.

Okay, maybe that wasn't a good example... I'll come back later :p

You say that, in 2002 Eddie Guerrero was out of WWE and came to Brittian for one night, was paid far more then any other worker and jobbed for British boy, Doug Williams. Ok, he wasn't in time decline, but it was after his drink driving charge, and was on a one night contract, in a country where he was far less over then the USA anyway. Okay, he wasn't too over in the USA anyway, as it has before his push when he returned.

Okay, maybe that wasn't a good example... I'll come back later :p

It's not just time decline actually, it's the fact that workers pay requests are based entirely on their overness. If we're going by TEW pay scale logic, the fact that Eddie was less over in the UK would mean he would work for less money.

I've just ran a test on Lobster Warrior, who has been unemployed in my game for six months. My main save is with CZCW and he will work for me for $3750 per appearance. His pop in the US is still 79 across the board. I added a second player as owner of WLW. In Japan, his pop is only 17 and he'll work there for $1800 per appearance.

This is the problem. Not what wrestlers are prepared to accept to work, but the fact that their pay request is based on overness, meaning they are priced out of working ever again in areas where they are actually stars! Makes no sense and I wish there was another way of scaling their pay requests so guys who can still go in the ring can continue to have a career and feed their families.

Hmm... this is an interesting dilemma without a clear-cut solution that appropriately mirrors real life. I think it should be noted that these decline workers who are extremely over would "pop" a house for an indy promotion. I'm wondering if its possible to reflect a big name signing on a one-night only deal having a bigger investment/financial reward for a promotion (especially in a good economy and a booming industry). What if including Lobster Warrior or Tyson Baine on a card could increase attendance and overness gains for the whole card for that one night? It might make it more attractive to smaller promotions to book these guys on a special occasions and...pop the house.

You know over workers who are in time decline in real life aren't always willing to take paycuts to work for an indy promotion.

I look at guys like Goldberg, Sting, Scott Steiner for example. They weren't signing up with ROH, CZW, Evolve, PWG, or Dragon Gate USA just because they were free agents. Nor would they have signed up with those promotions for any less than their going rates.

The game still allows unemployed over workers to wrestle matches on the independent scene (meaning no company contract). That seems spot on with reality.

You know over workers who are in time decline in real life aren't always willing to take paycuts to work for an indy promotion.

Right, and this is modeled in the game already where they feel you are too small for them. There are plenty of those. The ones that *will* work for you, however, even if they have been out of the ring for a couple years or so, will still demand very high wages.

Right, and this is modeled in the game already where they feel you are too small for them. There are plenty of those. The ones that *will* work for you, however, even if they have been out of the ring for a couple years or so, will still demand very high wages.

hmm.. I just don't think they *WOULD* take a paycut to work for some little local, small, or regional fed. I mean if your pop is 75 and you're in time decline I imagine you do one of 5 things:

1. Wait for a large promotion to call

2. Wrestle on the [your game region] independent shows

3. Work for a Cult or high regional promotion IF they are willing to pay for you.

4. Start your own promotion or wrestling school/be your own boss

5. retire

The game reality from a player perspective is that if Cornell or someone like him hit the open market with no bidding war, most of the national companies in North America would benefit from adding him. Any company in a battle would get a boost in ratings as well as someone who can help put over established talent or have some good feuds. Yeah, he may not be popping 100s in the ring anymore but he still has usefulness to the player. A series of matches with Cornell vs Sean McFly, Steve DeColt, Bloodstone, etc in NOTBPW. Cornell popping up at a SWF or USPW PPV. A player can probably work a reasonable deal of 6 months to a year while the AI may not be able to do the same thing. They see Tommy trending downward with sky high demands and don't sign him.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hmm.. I just don't think they *WOULD* take a paycut to work for some little local, small, or regional fed. I mean if your pop is 75 and you're in time decline I imagine you do one of 5 things:<p> 1. Wait for a large promotion to call</p><p> 2. Wrestle on the [your game region] independent shows</p><p> 3. Work for a Cult or high regional promotion IF they are willing to pay for you.</p><p> 4. Start your own promotion or wrestling school/be your own boss</p><p> 5. retire</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Some workers would do one of these things. Others would probably want to keep working. The game unfortunately doesn't differentiate in personalities.</p><p> </p><p> The real issue though is not whether the worker wants to work or not, but the fact their wage demands are those of guys who are still stars looking to get another big job, not of guys who know their career is coming to an end, but still want a couple more years work.</p><p> </p><p> Or, it may be that the AI is programmed not to hire time decline workers at all, in the same way it doesn't offer them new contracts when they're at the big companies. If this is the case, it really doesn't reflect the reality of the indies, where promoters are desperate to put a name star (any name star in a lot of cases) on the card to help shift tickets, regardless of whether they're 35 or 55.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bookerman" data-cite="bookerman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The game reality from a player perspective is that if Cornell or someone like him hit the open market with no bidding war, most of the national companies in North America would benefit from adding him. Any company in a battle would get a boost in ratings as well as someone who can help put over established talent or have some good feuds. Yeah, he may not be popping 100s in the ring anymore but he still has usefulness to the player. A series of matches with Cornell vs Sean McFly, Steve DeColt, Bloodstone, etc in NOTBPW. Cornell popping up at a SWF or USPW PPV. A player can probably work a reasonable deal of 6 months to a year while the AI may not be able to do the same thing. They see Tommy trending downward with sky high demands and don't sign him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Exactly this. As a human player, if Tommy comes on the market, I'm having him. I can sign him to a one-year deal and I know he'll deliver, even in time decline, better than a lot of workers on my roster (I'm CZCW, but this is equally true of SWF, USPW, TCW and others). The AI simply can't do this and it makes for an unrealistic game world when there are lots of top guys who still have a bit in the tank sitting at home. They don't even work the American/Canadian Independent shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some workers would do one of these things. Others would probably want to keep working. The game unfortunately doesn't differentiate in personalities.<p> </p><p> The real issue though is not whether the worker wants to work or not, but the fact their wage demands are those of guys who are still stars looking to get another big job, not of guys who know their career is coming to an end, but still want a couple more years work.</p><p> </p><p> Or, it may be that the AI is programmed not to hire time decline workers at all, in the same way it doesn't offer them new contracts when they're at the big companies. If this is the case, it really doesn't reflect the reality of the indies, where promoters are desperate to put a name star (any name star in a lot of cases) on the card to help shift tickets, regardless of whether they're 35 or 55.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But wait I think you're neglecting the fact that even unemployed workers are still working. They are indy and are taking part in monthly indy shows (in game).</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: And I'm not sure if it works or not but different Owners/Bookers have different preferences. Some like Raw Young Talent. They wouldn't hire guys in time decline. Maybe that plays a role into the signing of older vets</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But wait I think you're neglecting the fact that even unemployed workers are still working. They are indy and are taking part in monthly indy shows (in game).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> They're not. Not in my game. Lobster Warrior hasn't had a match of any kind in 6 months. Tyson Baine 4 months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They're not. Not in my game. Lobster Warrior hasn't had a match of any kind in 6 months. Tyson Baine 4 months.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's interesting. I've done heavy editing of my C-verse to include more companies (about 80 in total around the world), and a few more large regionals that 3 years in should be at or near Cult. I wonder if that plays a role?</p><p> </p><p> I remember a diary entry from Adam that said something like the minimum company size a popular worker would work for being relaxed if they're unemployed for a length of time.</p><p> </p><p> Is your USPW equally uninterested in the vets? Did you check the owners of your Cult and above company's roster size settings?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Exactly this. As a human player, if Tommy comes on the market, I'm having him. I can sign him to a one-year deal and I know he'll deliver, even in time decline, better than a lot of workers on my roster (I'm CZCW, but this is equally true of SWF, USPW, TCW and others). The AI simply can't do this and it makes for an unrealistic game world when there are lots of top guys who still have a bit in the tank sitting at home. They don't even work the American/Canadian Independent shows.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That may be correctable in the game by the AI using more 6 month/1 year deals instead of everything being 3 years+. I'm sure Time Decline Tommy at 60K/mo (guessing) for the next 36-48 months isn't attractive to any AI company. </p><p> </p><p> This could explain why Khoklov is available at the beginning and there is no bidding war, but Ricky DeColt is a hot commodity. Even if 40 year old Marat is in TD, a human booker can use his menace and overness to help the roster, even if it's only for 6 months or a year. The AI sees 40 year old Marat as an limited in-ring performer, possibly on TD, who is asking for some nice coin. Ricky is 31, somewhat cheaper and has some tread left for matches.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's not just time decline actually, it's the fact that workers pay requests are based entirely on their overness. If we're going by TEW pay scale logic, the fact that Eddie was less over in the UK would mean he would work for less money.<p> </p><p> This is the problem. Not what wrestlers are prepared to accept to work, but the fact that their pay request is based on overness, meaning they are priced out of working ever again in areas where they are actually stars! Makes no sense and I wish there was another way of scaling their pay requests so guys who can still go in the ring can continue to have a career and <strong>feed their families.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Um, feed their families? That's a bit much, isn't it? Considering the fact that a worker can be signed to an exclusive contract for an amount that would still allow them to qualify for public/government assistance?</p><p> </p><p> TEW has never fit reality with regard to contracts because reality doesn't always make good sense. Also, contracts are not only based on popularity though popularity has much more weight than in-ring skill. Want to see? Pick a poorly skilled unemployed worker and look at their employment tab (to see their current approximate value). Now, go into the editor and raise their skills (I used Militia Sister and raised her performance and top row skills to 91). Check that employment tab again. Her value went from $1700 a month/$170 per appearance to $2400 a month/$800 per show. Her popularity didn't change but her in-ring skills did. That's why, traditionally, a Steve Flash was so valuable (and popular among players). He wasn't expensive (because he didn't have a lot of popularity) but he was excellent in the ring. Many times, that jibes with reality. The "good hands" don't tend to draw as much money (upfront) as the 'names'.</p><p> </p><p> In past years, people have suggested a mechanic that would bring a worker's personal situation into whether they'd sign with a promotion that would normally be beneath them (someone called it 'the Ric Flair rule'). That may also be factoring into things, especially for Crippler. Maybe he's turning down Small sized companies because he's too over for them.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm... this is an interesting dilemma without a clear-cut solution that appropriately mirrors real life. I think it should be noted that these decline workers who are extremely over would "pop" a house for an indy promotion. I'm wondering if its possible to reflect a big name signing on a one-night only deal having a bigger investment/financial reward for a promotion (especially in a good economy and a booming industry). What if including Lobster Warrior or Tyson Baine on a card could increase attendance and overness gains for the whole card for that one night? It might make it more attractive to smaller promotions to book these guys on a special occasions and...pop the house.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But how do you do that without it being blatantly exploitable? For example, if you're a local sized, backyard fed, Damien Sandow qualifies as a 'big name' considering the fact that your "top guys" are barely in the double digits in popularity. And he's not even close to the level of a lot of WWE/TNA alums. So at local, you could pave your way to regional just signing castoffs from Cult+ promotions to one night deals for the benefit. If you lock yourself at local, you could conceivably amass a pretty nice war chest and pop up to Regional, ready to actually sign some of those names you used.</p><p> </p><p> It's a good idea, don't get me wrong. But when you consider how many "names" get purged in the first week or two (especially in real world mods), there is a ton of talent to choose from to 'pop' your crowd and boost your ticket sales.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's interesting. I've done heavy editing of my C-verse to include more companies (about 80 in total around the world), and a few more large regionals that 3 years in should be at or near Cult. I wonder if that plays a role?<p> </p><p> I remember a diary entry from Adam that said something like the minimum company size a popular worker would work for being relaxed if they're unemployed for a length of time.</p><p> </p><p> Is your USPW equally uninterested in the vets? Did you check the owners of your Cult and above company's roster size settings?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think I'm going to have to play around in the editor if I'm to get the game world that I want.</p><p> </p><p> It's not the size of the company that's the issue, but the wage demands being too much for even Cult or high Regionals.</p><p> </p><p> USPW aren't even signing the vets. They're signing everyone else though. In my game, they have Rocky Golden, Aaron Andrews, Sammy Bach, Johnny Bloodstone, Cam Vessey, Des Davids, Eddie Peak, Jay Chord, RDJ, Troy Tornado, basically everyone good from TCW and everyone else who has become available. They don't need the veterans.</p><p> </p><p> Roster sizes don't seem to be the issue either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bookerman" data-cite="bookerman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That may be correctable in the game by the AI using more 6 month/1 year deals instead of everything being 3 years+. I'm sure Time Decline Tommy at 60K/mo (guessing) for the next 36-48 months isn't attractive to any AI company. <p> </p><p> This could explain why Khoklov is available at the beginning and there is no bidding war, but Ricky DeColt is a hot commodity. Even if 40 year old Marat is in TD, a human booker can use his menace and overness to help the roster, even if it's only for 6 months or a year. The AI sees 40 year old Marat as an limited in-ring performer, possibly on TD, who is asking for some nice coin. Ricky is 31, somewhat cheaper and has some tread left for matches.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, shorter AI contracts could be a good answer. If I was in a National Battle, I would have Khoklov in a heartbeat, even if I only used him as a bodyguard and he never set foot in the ring, his Star Quality and Overness makes him valuable.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41709" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But how do you do that without it being blatantly exploitable? For example, if you're a local sized, backyard fed, Damien Sandow qualifies as a 'big name' considering the fact that your "top guys" are barely in the double digits in popularity. And he's not even close to the level of a lot of WWE/TNA alums. So at local, you could pave your way to regional just signing castoffs from Cult+ promotions to one night deals for the benefit. If you lock yourself at local, you could conceivably amass a pretty nice war chest and pop up to Regional, ready to actually sign some of those names you used.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is what I'm saying. It's not realistic to think your little local fed is going to sign Ric Flair even on his brokest days if you're not paying him his rate. </p><p> </p><p> That's basically the case in ANY performance industry. Out of work actors might work in an indy film that's going to show in Cannes for the street cred and the little bit of money it offers, but they will not work in your fresh out of film school movie just because they're out of work.</p><p> </p><p> Wrestling is closer to Actors than pro sports athletes in that regard.</p>

Archived