How to get out of debt...

Made my own company on a June RW mod. Used the default 'Hard' setting. I went about filling my roster with characters of around $500-600 per appearance, and not all of them are being used every show. But still, I find myself in $20,000 debt lol. My shows make a decent amount of money considering I literally can't get a TV deal. Am I doing something wrong? Or any suggestions?

P.s. I am kinda' new, but played some pretty successful saves on TEW 2013 with my own company. About a year overall experience with TEW, and too many to count with WMMA, lol.

Thanks for any help! :)

Edit: Just seen the small/minor questions thread. New to these forums, don't bash me too much, my bad.

Made my own company on a June RW mod. Used the default 'Hard' setting. I went about filling my roster with characters of around $500-600 per appearance, and not all of them are being used every show. But still, I find myself in $20,000 debt lol. My shows make a decent amount of money considering I literally can't get a TV deal. Am I doing something wrong? Or any suggestions?

P.s. I am kinda' new, but played some pretty successful saves on TEW 2013 with my own company. About a year overall experience with TEW, and too many to count with WMMA, lol.

Edit: Just seen the small/minor questions thread. New to these forums, don't bash me too much, my bad.

Going into debt is pretty normal from my understanding. I think as a small (or maybe local only) you have like 18 months of bankruptcy protection. I recommend trying to find some cheaper guys to throw on the cards, guys that are in the 200-300 range. Also make sure you do not have an announcer, color, or road agent as they cost more money and are not necessary. The road agent is my opinion about not having one, I usually let the guy with the highest psych. do the work for me in the beginning. Hope this helps.

If you are running a local promotion, its a lot more difficult now. I had a couple bad starts where I ended up more than $10,000 in debt in 5 months. I finally had a good run where I stopped losing money in October 2016 and have now gotten out of debt in March 2017.

Some easy steps.

1) minimize your roster. I have 5 wrestlers and 1 referee I pay, the owner doubles as my announcer (and is taking no money) and my UC is a wrestler

2) put on good shows. Your sponsor money will go up as long as your popularity keeps increasing, so you need to put on good shows.

3) Cheap wrestlers. If I use my most expensive 6 workers my worker costs for a show are $1800. (I have 2 different midcard heels. One has a drug problem, the other was unavailable in Jan 2016-Mar 2016 due to a broken arm.) No one on my roster costs more than $450 per show and most are less than $250.

4) have your best 2 wrestlers be the road agents. Your best for every show except the one they are in where the 2nd best is the road agent.

5) if you want a color commentator have a wrestler not in the match work the spot. Gain some overness for the wrestler and save money.

That's all I can suggest.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ravo" data-cite="Ravo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41794" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Made my own company on a June RW mod. Used the default 'Hard' setting. <strong>I went about filling my roster with characters of around $500-600 per appearance</strong>, and not all of them are being used every show. But still, I find myself in $20,000 debt lol. My shows make a decent amount of money considering I literally can't get a TV deal. Am I doing something wrong? Or any suggestions?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's your problem. You're hiring roughly Regional level talent at Local. Why? Hire wrestling school graduates (or dropouts even) with 1 or 2 decent to good wrestlers. Ride that as long as you can before adding better talent. Also, don't run shows every month if you HAVE to use the talent you have. Run quarterly or bimonthly. If you want to run monthly, adjust your personnel so you can actually make money hand over fist. At local, you're not paying downsides so take advantage of that fact.</p>

Archived