Unexpected Successes and Failures

<p>In my now corrupted CZCW C Verse save in 2021. </p><p> </p><p>

Unexpected Sucess. </p><p> </p><p>

California Love Machine - He got a push as a solid uppermidcard babyface at the start due to losing Perez and Cougar. CZW gained pop quickly and to my surprise Cali kept up with his performances, stats increase and pop increase. He also went up a size with his improved AS and Charisma getting another boost getting up to mid 80s making him a viable Main Event talent. </p><p> </p><p>

I tested him with a program with my User for my IC level title, performing well, capturing the title. Having a successful reign and going onto holding the COTT World Title before defeating my User again for the CZCW World Title.</p><p> </p><p>

He ended up with 96 pop in my home region, kinda like the Jerry Lawler of California. He ended up with 70 across the rest of the US and eventually getting high 80s when I reached cult and got a PPV carrier. </p><p> </p><p>

Cali had two CZCW World Title reigns including the win in the biggest match in CZCW history. A World Title victory at my WM Welcome to the Coastal Zone defeating my User and Tommy Cornell In a Triple Threat.</p><p> </p><p>

He has stalled at high 80s and has never reached 96 in California again but he's a solid Main Event Home Grown Talent.</p><p>

.........</p><p> </p><p>

Worse Than expected.</p><p> </p><p>

In the same save, early on I brought in Marc Dubois to gill in the gap left in the main event. In 9 months I couldn't get him off the drugs, his performances were below what I wanted and eventually Cali Live Machine took his spot whilst I jogged dubois out untill he left</p>

<p>An unexpected success for me was Rhino in my WCW Game. </p><p> </p><p>

I instantly put him in a feud with Goldberg and Buff Bagwell (to replace Lex Luger who I had to put in rehab), playing Bagwell's backup. </p><p> </p><p>

Now, it's a no-brainer that he'd shoot up in pop being associated with Goldberg, but I was able to grow his pop from its pretty low base level in March to B- to B+ pop across the board in the US by the time the feud was finished around August. I think that is the fastest I've seen a wrestler grow in popularity in some time.</p><p> </p><p>

Another unexpected success is Jeff Jarrett in the same game. He's at A pop in the US, raised him from C+ pop, which to me is a surprise given his fairly low star quality (C+) relative to the star quality of the rest of my top WCW guys (B being the average, some B-, some A or A*)</p>

Chris Kanyon in my WCW 2001 save...

I was indeed trying to push him, and he started out as a midcarder. He was put in feuds with Sting, DDP and Ric Flair, and he's now a main-eventer with 90+ pop across the US, and all set to win the World Heavyweight title from Goldberg at Starrcade.

Thomas "The Trademark" Morgan he is on the wrong side of 40 and his skills arent what they use to be. However, he wasn't in time decline and he ended up carrying my main event with consistent D+/C+. He is the best thing to happen in my little canadian promotion.

As for let downs it'd have to be Irwin Gutman. Even with a good mouthpiece i just couldn't get em over the hump so he's relegated to being my NWA Canadian champion.

<p>Here's one that applies to both. In my ECW 2001 game I hired John Cena and Colt Cabana directly after November to Remmeber 2001. They squashed jobbers and lower midcarders for a few months but overall neither did anything. By mid 2002 they were only lower midcarders. </p><p> </p><p>

One day I threw them into a team on a dark match and they had excellent chemistry. I realized that, this entire time, this is what I should have been doing. John Cena and Colt Cabana as a team was born. The gimmick was that Cena was the serious face who was weirdly friends with comedy gimmick Colt Cabana and it got really over. They won the tag titles not long after and both rose to main event status. </p><p> </p><p>

Its 2004 in game and they only recently split up, turning Cabana heel. It was a fun ride but things had to be done</p>

In my last SWF game I split up the Bumfholes when Randy turned heel. At the start they were about C+ or B- in popularity, and Randy got a really good gimmick rating and both of them were good in unscripted promos, and I happened to put them in angles with the top stars just to freshen up the main events on TV. They just got to A popularity without me even trying or wanting them to.

Archived