The NYCW Thread

I saw that NYCW don't yet have their own thread.

I had posted this in the what's going on in your game thread but got no answers, thought I'd set this thread up and start it slightly differently, lets start with a question to the other players.

Just wondering if its possible to actually make a profit within the first 6 months to a year of a game as NYCW.

After losing Cage to USPW, I brought in Aldous Blackfriar and Frantic Ali, who slot nicely into my upper midcard and Austin Smooth and Richie Riggins.

Did the same in my previous game which I restarted and the first couple of months I lost between a couple of hundred dollars and a few thousand until suddenly I lost about 20 grand, checking and this was largely on workers alone.

After my first show of a new game I'm looking on course to lose a similar amount.

Any tips or should I just be riding this out till fortunes change?

Only other difference is in this save I updated all of my production levels to at least match most of my rivals.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw that NYCW don't yet have their own thread.

I had posted this in the what's going on in your game thread but got no answers, thought I'd set this thread up and start it slightly differently, lets start with a question to the other players.

Just wondering if its possible to actually make a profit within the first 6 months to a year of a game as NYCW.

After losing Cage to USPW, I brought in Aldous Blackfriar and Frantic Ali, who slot nicely into my upper midcard and Austin Smooth and Richie Riggins.

Did the same in my previous game which I restarted and the first couple of months I lost between a couple of hundred dollars and a few thousand until suddenly I lost about 20 grand, checking and this was largely on workers alone.

After my first show of a new game I'm looking on course to lose a similar amount.

Any tips or should I just be riding this out till fortunes change?

Only other difference is in this save I updated all of my production levels to at least match most of my rivals.

With what I've seen so far with smaller promotions (NYCW included), unless production values are causing you to lose a regional battle, it's better to leave them alone until your sponsorship income can cover the increased costs. Of course the industry and economy situation will have an effect on this as well. One thing that helps is attempting to renegotiate contracts with lower wages/downsides (easier with more points put into negotiation), and possibly replacing out-of-ring talents with less expensive options or just outright releasing people that aren't needed (looking at Nikki and Fern especially......there are cheaper/better replacements available).

NYCW is another promotion that holds a place in my heart and it's all because on of one man, Steve Flash. Steve Flash is an amazing talent and I hate he never could become a staple in the wrestling world. Even though he was still able to gain legendary status for NYCW itself.

For starters once I lose Roger Cage, I immediately get rid of Nikki because she no longer has a use. Fern is released before I sim a single day as backstage cancers have no room in NYCW. I bring in Billie Krystal to take over for the two I released. Also, Cal Sanders and Bob Casey are brought in to supply the perfect trainers for my youth. Along with the two vets I also bring in Logan Wolfsbaine and Xavi Ferrara.

The Empire title is always placed on Man Mountain Cahill. Is he terrible? Why yes, yes he is. However it doesn't change the fact that whoever he feuds with can be made into a golden goose. I usually give a feud to Brandon, but Japan really gets in the way sometimes so I usually feed him to others when I can. When I pass on Brandon I feud MMC with Steve Flash with Flash eventually coming out on top to begin his thank you reign. After that I'd use Cahil in short three month feuds where he always comes out on top, but angles and one win against Cahil really helps. Brutus Milano, Xavi Ferrera, Logan Wolfsbaine, Richie Riggins, Steel, Canadian Crusher, and a few others I've signed in past play through have all made their name on the back of Man Mountain Cahil. His menace is hella rewarding. I also like to have Steve Feud with established stars in Honest Frank. I usually have then feud for an entire year before Steve Drops the belt to Frank for his thank you reign which usually lasts another year despite time decline. Then I'd use my veterans to bolster my midcard and prepare my future 100% instead of 75% of the time.

Anyone who plays with NYCW is in for some fun as it is just as fun as MAW in my honest opinion.

NYCW is another promotion that holds a place in my heart and it's all because on of one man, Steve Flash. Steve Flash is an amazing talent and I hate he never could become a staple in the wrestling world. Even though he was still able to gain legendary status for NYCW itself.

For starters once I lose Roger Cage, I immediately get rid of Nikki because she no longer has a use. Fern is released before I sim a single day as backstage cancers have no room in NYCW. I bring in Billie Krystal to take over for the two I released. Also, Cal Sanders and Bob Casey are brought in to supply the perfect trainers for my youth. Along with the two vets I also bring in Logan Wolfsbaine and Xavi Ferrara.

The Empire title is always placed on Man Mountain Cahill. Is he terrible? Why yes, yes he is. However it doesn't change the fact that whoever he feuds with can be made into a golden goose. I usually give a feud to Brandon, but Japan really gets in the way sometimes so I usually feed him to others when I can. When I pass on Brandon I feud MMC with Steve Flash with Flash eventually coming out on top to begin his thank you reign. After that I'd use Cahil in short three month feuds where he always comes out on top, but angles and one win against Cahil really helps. Brutus Milano, Xavi Ferrera, Logan Wolfsbaine, Richie Riggins, Steel, Canadian Crusher, and a few others I've signed in past play through have all made their name on the back of Man Mountain Cahil. His menace is hella rewarding. I also like to have Steve Feud with established stars in Honest Frank. I usually have then feud for an entire year before Steve Drops the belt to Frank for his thank you reign which usually lasts another year despite time decline. Then I'd use my veterans to bolster my midcard and prepare my future 100% instead of 75% of the time.

Anyone who plays with NYCW is in for some fun as it is just as fun as MAW in my honest opinion.

Nice one, I'm thinking I'm gonna start fresh one more time, be my 3rd reroll since buying the game but I wanna say I can do this one better, I hotshotted the title from Cage to Frank to Cahill fairly quickly.

What's you're opinion on bringing in the likes of Blackfriar, Ernest Youngman and Frantic Ali early on?

Also what's you're approach to shows and production levels? how many you booking a month?

I tend to start with just 1.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nice one, I'm thinking I'm gonna start fresh one more time, be my 3rd reroll since buying the game but I wanna say I can do this one better, I hotshotted the title from Cage to Frank to Cahill fairly quickly. <p> </p><p> What's you're opinion on bringing in the likes of Blackfriar, Ernest Youngman and Frantic Ali early on?</p><p> </p><p> Also what's you're approach to shows and production levels? how many you booking a month?</p><p> </p><p> I tend to start with just 1.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Answer 1</span></strong></p><p> I never personally used Blackfriar in the past, but after seeing what Nemesis was able to do with him down in IPW I actually brought him over along with Frantic Ali around March after I noticed he became IPW Champion. I basically have these two feuding in NYCW over whose a true champion and has even gotten the COTT World Championship involved. Needless to say Ali and Blackfriar have been carrying each other to great heights together. I have plans to put the COTT World Title on Blackfriar in hopes Ali can come away with the IPW Championship soon. It would really help me out storyline wise in NYCW. With that I'd just say it's never to early to bring them in as you have vets to phase out and elevate the two men.</p><p> </p><p> Ernest Youngman, he's a sure fire star no matter where he goes. He can put on a great match with oxygen. The fact that he's in PSW tearing it up can only mean great things for NYCW as they too are in the tri state area. With Youngman working both promotions what you have on your hands is a man that can main event both companies at will. When I snatch Youngman I hotshot the Tri State Regional Championship to him and let him tear it up with everyone. If he so happens to hit the main event while being champion I'll book a champion vs champion feud. It usually ends with Youngman holding both championships at the same time and being the first and only to do it. He then vacates the midcard title at the next event and a tournament starts to crown a new champion. Those three men I would bring in immediately because Frank, MMC, and Flash are all on their way out which will free some much needed cash.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Answer 2 & 3</span></strong></p><p> As far as production values I never really touch them unless it's truly hurting my shows and causing me to lose regional battles. I really just like to try and keep up with PSW, but again only if they're owning me in the regional battle. I tend to get them into the COTT in order to prevent much damage from regional battles if any at all. On to the show count. I keep the show count down to one until one or two things happen. One, we are making enough at the end of the month for me to be able to cover the cost of a second show and still make a profit. Two, we have become a regional promotion. I we hit regional I usually create a second monthly event like NYCW: Live or something like that to be the precursor to the big monthly event. Once I begin to do that growth kinda steam rolls until I'm large enough for a tv deal that I can show my events on.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Questions</p><p> </p><p> How do you usually book NYCW? I'm very curious as I tend to get stuck in a pattern unless something catches my eye.</p><p> </p><p> How long do you allow Frank, Flash, and Cahil stay at the top before moving them down? Have you ever found a way to get them to elevate other's while keeping themselves over effectively?</p><p> </p><p> What are your thoughts on bringing in The Rock City Stars, Jerry Martin, Canadian Crusher, and Genghis Rahn?(I had him feud with Cahil winning the empire title then losing it to Xavi. Now he's putting people over. Right move or wrong move? Should I have jobbed him out from the start?)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> [i know I tend to keep the old guys in prominent spots, but that's the spirit of NYCW. I'm slowing grooming youth to eventually take over completely as I feel people get to caught up in time decline and getting younger talent on top which destroys the identity of NYCW. I always believed a change like that should be gradual like an eighteen month process at the least before they have completely transformed.]</p>

Answer 1

I never personally used Blackfriar in the past, but after seeing what Nemesis was able to do with him down in IPW I actually brought him over along with Frantic Ali around March after I noticed he became IPW Champion. I basically have these two feuding in NYCW over whose a true champion and has even gotten the COTT World Championship involved. Needless to say Ali and Blackfriar have been carrying each other to great heights together. I have plans to put the COTT World Title on Blackfriar in hopes Ali can come away with the IPW Championship soon. It would really help me out storyline wise in NYCW. With that I'd just say it's never to early to bring them in as you have vets to phase out and elevate the two men.

Ernest Youngman, he's a sure fire star no matter where he goes. He can put on a great match with oxygen. The fact that he's in PSW tearing it up can only mean great things for NYCW as they too are in the tri state area. With Youngman working both promotions what you have on your hands is a man that can main event both companies at will. When I snatch Youngman I hotshot the Tri State Regional Championship to him and let him tear it up with everyone. If he so happens to hit the main event while being champion I'll book a champion vs champion feud. It usually ends with Youngman holding both championships at the same time and being the first and only to do it. He then vacates the midcard title at the next event and a tournament starts to crown a new champion. Those three men I would bring in immediately because Frank, MMC, and Flash are all on their way out which will free some much needed cash.

Answer 2 & 3

As far as production values I never really touch them unless it's truly hurting my shows and causing me to lose regional battles. I really just like to try and keep up with PSW, but again only if they're owning me in the regional battle. I tend to get them into the COTT in order to prevent much damage from regional battles if any at all. On to the show count. I keep the show count down to one until one or two things happen. One, we are making enough at the end of the month for me to be able to cover the cost of a second show and still make a profit. Two, we have become a regional promotion. I we hit regional I usually create a second monthly event like NYCW: Live or something like that to be the precursor to the big monthly event. Once I begin to do that growth kinda steam rolls until I'm large enough for a tv deal that I can show my events on.

Questions

How do you usually book NYCW? I'm very curious as I tend to get stuck in a pattern unless something catches my eye.

How long do you allow Frank, Flash, and Cahil stay at the top before moving them down? Have you ever found a way to get them to elevate other's while keeping themselves over effectively?

What are your thoughts on bringing in The Rock City Stars, Jerry Martin, Canadian Crusher, and Genghis Rahn?(I had him feud with Cahil winning the empire title then losing it to Xavi. Now he's putting people over. Right move or wrong move? Should I have jobbed him out from the start?)

[i know I tend to keep the old guys in prominent spots, but that's the spirit of NYCW. I'm slowing grooming youth to eventually take over completely as I feel people get to caught up in time decline and getting younger talent on top which destroys the identity of NYCW. I always believed a change like that should be gradual like an eighteen month process at the least before they have completely transformed.]

Thanks for the advice, is certainly food for thought, for me Youngman usually auto pushes to UMC but within one or 2 shows he's usually ME, so usually slots into future plans pretty neatly.

In answer to your questions.

I tend to book early shows as follows.

Using the older ME scene to build/establish new stars.

Brandon usually signs for tours early so in my last game I lost him for a month or two whilst he toured.

again in my last game I brought in Blackfriar who went into a feud with Flash, Frantic Ali who was going to go into a fued with Youngman.

Honest Frank is sorta like, yeah he's serviceable but his character never really gels with me due to the the like of Sammy and Monty leaving who were usually a natural fit to ally with him in a stable.

With regards to Rock City & Canadian Crusher, never really used them, If Rock City can play a solid babyface team i'd consider it, I usually move towards breaking up Southern Stars due to Tennessee William screaming heel singles star due to an alt I had done for him.

My thought is if a signing makes sense, either from a story pov (can you tell a good story with him) or benefits the roster in someway then go for it.

Bringing in guys like Genghis I would do only to work a short story with someone to get them over, maybe a short term team with Harper? would fit his tables gimmick.

Again, The older guys in NYCW start pretty deep in decline, so I would say a year to 18 months of them ruling the roost then they start moving down the card as the young move to the top.

No reason you can't have them make semi regular appearances at the top of the card (see Kane and Big Show in real life)

The Rock City Stars are seriously underrated and they have 100 tag team experience if I'm not mistaken. They can play babyface as well as hell they are a versatile team, but Rockin Ryan Turner is a musician and may leave to tour. The pop boost he may receive from the tour if successful may be worth it though. He has yet to leave on me though.

As far as Canadian Crusher I usually debut him under his real name with his nickname being "The Buff Stuff". He's usually the muscle for Xavi whenever he's brought in and they both are just cocky a-holes through and through. Crusher has decent promo skills, star quality, and menace which can definitely come in handy. He isn't a slouch in the ring either and at 30 he has a good decade on him if you can get him to the big dance which I've done by having him run through older guys on one shot deals.

I'm also glad to see that I am not the only one who slowly moves NYCW into a new direction and I also agree with you on Genghis. He is a most valuable asset for a company like NYCW and hiring him fits NYCW's MO. He's usually in 5 years as far as decline, but he still produces nice ratings and is a feasible Empire champion. After he rules NYCW with an iron fist he faces off with Roger Cage 2.0 in Xavi or some other person I may be high on at the moment. As of right now though he's been defeated by Canadian Crusher as Crusher just seemed to take off with the fans unexpectedly. My main event is still filled with the likes of Genghis, Flash, Frank, and Cahil but that's by choice. Canadian Crusher, Xavi Ferrera, Logan Wolfsbaine, and Ernest Youngman are all ready to carry the torch. However, I am kind of stalling on that as I know the big boys will come calling eventually for Xavi, Youngman, and Wolfsbaine. Crusher is the only one I know that they rarely come for and that is why he has taken top priority and is on his way to an eventual hall of fame career in NYCW. I'm actually gonna reroll myself in order to some things a little differently and I'd love to compare our saves with screenshots or trading them back and forth or what have you.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevinTEW13" data-cite="DevinTEW13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Rock City Stars are seriously underrated and they have 100 tag team experience if I'm not mistaken. They can play babyface as well as hell they are a versatile team, but Rockin Ryan Turner is a musician and may leave to tour. The pop boost he may receive from the tour if successful may be worth it though. He has yet to leave on me though.<p> </p><p> As far as Canadian Crusher I usually debut him under his real name with his nickname being "The Buff Stuff". He's usually the muscle for Xavi whenever he's brought in and they both are just cocky a-holes through and through. Crusher has decent promo skills, star quality, and menace which can definitely come in handy. He isn't a slouch in the ring either and at 30 he has a good decade on him if you can get him to the big dance which I've done by having him run through older guys on one shot deals.</p><p> </p><p> I'm also glad to see that I am not the only one who slowly moves NYCW into a new direction and I also agree with you on Genghis. He is a most valuable asset for a company like NYCW and hiring him fits NYCW's MO. He's usually in 5 years as far as decline, but he still produces nice ratings and is a feasible Empire champion. After he rules NYCW with an iron fist he faces off with Roger Cage 2.0 in Xavi or some other person I may be high on at the moment. As of right now though he's been defeated by Canadian Crusher as Crusher just seemed to take off with the fans unexpectedly. My main event is still filled with the likes of Genghis, Flash, Frank, and Cahil but that's by choice. Canadian Crusher, Xavi Ferrera, Logan Wolfsbaine, and Ernest Youngman are all ready to carry the torch. However, I am kind of stalling on that as I know the big boys will come calling eventually for Xavi, Youngman, and Wolfsbaine. Crusher is the only one I know that they rarely come for and that is why he has taken top priority and is on his way to an eventual hall of fame career in NYCW. I'm actually gonna reroll myself in order to some things a little differently and I'd love to compare our saves with screenshots or trading them back and forth or what have you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Happily compare, its always advantageous to share, We'll no doubt do things slightly differently and inspire each other to try new things and new workers, I mean just from this thread so far I'll be at least trying out a half dozen guys i never really used before.</p><p> </p><p> I wont get a chance to put in any solid game time till the weekend as I'll normally play in the evening and this week I don't finish work till late.</p><p> </p><p> Rerolling is always good but also no, Just rerolled as I said a few posts back and the game I killed Masked Mauler had taken Richie Riggins under his wing and every show I was getting the backstage note that Mauler had passed on knowledge to Riggins, had that save continued Riggins would have been money!</p>

NYCW - Easily my fav company in the game.

For me you can't really get a decent run without at least considering Youngman, Wolfsbaine and Ferrera. I was fortunate to have Southern Stars with excellent chemistry and Masked Mauler/Wolfsbaine protege/mentor relationship. I lost Roger early so transfered the title to Bulldozer, who then got signed, so I moved it onto Flash, before Guide became available and was an obvious choice at the top.

In terms of money, I just crank up the production to almost guarentee success in regionals and then hope that my opposition crumble/I become big enough before I run out of money.

A little over a year into a game I will fire Ring Generals, Sanders, Mauler, Frank and Cahill (actually I tend to fire him straight away). Frees up so much cash and allows a youth injection.

Now here's the tough thing I always fine... How do people use The Ring Generals. I don't think I've ever had a rating over D+ for any of their matches and their value is so high. So how do you use them?

Now here's the tough thing I always fine... How do people use The Ring Generals. I don't think I've ever had a rating over D+ for any of their matches and their value is so high. So how do you use them?

In 13 they were my go to face tag team, I guess when i get a game that runs more than a few months on 16 then they'll probably help build the undercard heel teams.

Kinda see them as the measuring stick in the NYCW tag division.

"If you wanna succeed in our company you need to prove yourself with us"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>NYCW - Easily my fav company in the game.<p> </p><p> For me you can't really get a decent run without at least considering Youngman, Wolfsbaine and Ferrera. I was fortunate to have Southern Stars with excellent chemistry and Masked Mauler/Wolfsbaine protege/mentor relationship. I lost Roger early so transfered the title to Bulldozer, who then got signed, so I moved it onto Flash, before Guide became available and was an obvious choice at the top.</p><p> </p><p> In terms of money, I just crank up the production to almost guarentee success in regionals and then hope that my opposition crumble/I become big enough before I run out of money.</p><p> </p><p> A little over a year into a game I will fire Ring Generals, Sanders, Mauler, Frank and Cahill (actually I tend to fire him straight away). Frees up so much cash and allows a youth injection.</p><p> </p><p> Now here's the tough thing I always fine... How do people use The Ring Generals. I don't think I've ever had a rating over D+ for any of their matches and their value is so high. So how do you use them?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Add Jerry Martin and Canadian Crusher to that list because those two will never be in jeopardy of being poached. I have placed these two solidly in my main event and had never lost them two anyone besides PSW grabbing Martin and making him their go to jobber to their top guys so I was really upset about that until the put the strap on him so now he's the first man to hold the PSW and NYCW main titles at the same time. Sadly it didn't last long as I had moved the belt to Crusher.</p><p> </p><p> The Ring Generals are definitely an asset. The first thing I try to do is negotiate a new contract where they'd take less money since I always give myself high negotiation. I also do the same with Cahil, Flash, and pretty much the entire roster. I usually give feud them with OSP to give OSP one last strong feud before moving them to the tag titles. Then I use OSP to put over the rock city stars and then they feud with the Ring Generals. I too use them as the measuring stick of any team brought in and they pulled a stiff D+ with The Atlantic Connection which is another team that rarely gets any recognition. </p><p> </p><p> Now my question is, what all tag teams do you bring in and why?</p><p> </p><p> Teams I bring in are....</p><p> </p><p> The Rock City Stars</p><p> The Atlantic Connection</p><p> The Good Ol' Boys</p><p> Nation of Filth on one shot deals</p><p> Wiley Coyote on one shot deals and many others</p>

<p><a href="http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/devinhennington/media/Screenshot%205_zpsvugmok89.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/devinhennington/Screenshot%205_zpsvugmok89.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

This is my first show and thanks to a 45yr old Bryan Holmes who is NOT in time decline. I'm serious he shows up nowhere on my time decline list only four men appear. He carried the main event to that rating as he had an in ring performance of 65 because I use the spectacle match aim. He is gold as far as I'm concerned and it was the main reason I put the gold on him. Oh and Flash and Sanders really showed the young ones how it's done as Sanders retained the NYCW US title against Flash.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevinTEW13" data-cite="DevinTEW13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/devinhennington/media/Screenshot%205_zpsvugmok89.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/devinhennington/Screenshot%205_zpsvugmok89.png</span></a><p> </p><p> This is my first show and thanks to a 45yr old Bryan Holmes who is NOT in time decline. I'm serious he shows up nowhere on my time decline list only four men appear. He carried the main event to that rating as he had an in ring performance of 65 because I use the spectacle match aim. He is gold as far as I'm concerned and it was the main reason I put the gold on him. Oh and Flash and Sanders really showed the young ones how it's done as Sanders retained the NYCW US title against Flash.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice looking card, Impressive to see Holmes owning it for you.</p><p> </p><p> Just going to be booking my second card soon, so I'll throw up a shot of it when I'm done.</p>

<p>With USPW poaching Roger, I had him drop the belt to Honest Frank at Rush Hour, and then had Frank raise Cage's arm in a sign of respect and then have Cage give a farewell speech and have the locker room come out and give him a proper send off (Post Show). </p><p> </p><p>

I plan on keeping the belt on Honest Frank into the Summer, beating a bunch of guys that are brought in via Alliance loans or one time deals before debuting Ross Henry (I was able to sign him once we hit Regional) and will have him take the belt off Frank at some point after Gang Wars.</p><p> </p><p>

I also signed Eric Tyler to come in as Man Mountain Cahill's manager in a feud with Bulldozer Brandon Smith. I signed Randall Hopkirk to join the newly formed stable (Old School Rules) and they are going to go after the new/younger guys in a new vs old school battle that will come to a head at Gang Wars. Still need to figure out who else to sign/add to that stable. </p><p> </p><p>

The Ring Generals will continue to defend the COTT Tag Titles at all my events, but eventually will get irritated at whoever the current NYCW Tag Champs are and will start to go after those again, but that won't happen until later in the year.</p><p> </p><p>

I am going to milk the Andrew Harper/Crockett Tubbs feud over the Tri-State title, already had Harper lose his rematch at Rush Hour and he is going to get involved in every Tubbs match until he gets another shot at the belt.</p><p> </p><p>

Boys From the Yukon will continue to go after the Southern Stars for the Tag Titles, and I am planning on turning Tennessee William at some point but will probably wait a little while and eventually will put the belts on the newly signed Aces of Mayhem.</p><p> </p><p>

As for new blood, I really only brought in Austin Smooth, Logan Wolfsbane and The Atlantic Connection. </p><p> </p><p>

I may bring in the Rock City Stars as well to help build up the tag division as I am planning to either split up The Old School Principals or have Sanders get tired of The Masked Mauler taking the pin so he ends up turning on him and getting a new guy to go under the mask or just have Sanders run solo for a while.</p>

<p>So got the opportunity to book my second show, hardly a disaster but hardly pleased with the show and a lot of room for improvement.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/dByRqGu.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

Questions going forward.</p><p> </p><p>

After two shows of build should Xavi take the title from Tubbs at show 3?</p><p> </p><p>

The obvious next step for the Empire Title is another match between Flash and Cahill, should I have Cahill win clean or through hijinks?</p>

<p>Oh my goodness. You...you picked up Cal Sanders? I have him and Thomas Morgan in a team right now with great chemistry. They are really teaching the young people and Morgan's ent skills are rubbing of on Cal during promos. I kinda ruined this save too as I wanted to hurry up and get to dominated the wrestling scene in America and created my own broadcaster so that save is gonna be my just for fun save. Cahil's menace has helped Bryan, Flash, and my UC that I made for a road to glory get massive overness. Bryan is in the early 60's of pop and shows no signs of slowing down. He's gonna hold the strap for the time being until someone catches fire and seems credible enough to take it from him without a huge drop in match ratings. This 45yr old veteran is the man leading us to cult lol talk about the irony of the youth I've flushed into NYCW. Canadian Crusher known as Todd "The Bod" Haveford has just dethroned Tubbs and is now the tri state champion. Rick Sanders is also tearing it up as the inaugural NYCW United States champion. The Rock City Stars have been delivering 50's for tag matches as well as tag team champions. Too bad this is my play for fun save lol.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I'm going back to the drawing board and plan on doing things the right way even with the user character totally sucking.</p>

<p>NYCW is the only company I've had a really long game with so far in 16 (about to finish my second year).</p><p> </p><p>

Thankfully, Cahill wasn't in time decline... and still isn't at freakin 46. That's been a GODSEND for me. Sure, he's a big fat blob, but I'm me so booking a big, fat blob is something I can manage. I've pushed Bulldozer Brandon Smith up the card and he's actually now set to be my Figurehead, though I suspect it's a matter of time now until he gets stolen. I also supplemented my main even with Texas Pete and saddled him with a manager in Duke Hazzard for a classic duo that's worked out great, especially since Pete has managed to cut back majorly on his drinking. Findlay O'Farrady is back for his second run with me after singing a written deal... and is just now signing a new one elsewhere. Crap. Thought he might stick around.</p><p> </p><p>

And I've lost some others to retirement or larger companies (like Cage, of course). Other new blood I've brought in includes:</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>Connor Threepwood (to team once again with Tubbs)<br /></li><li>Logan Wolfsbaine (of course)<br /></li><li>Phillipe LaGrenier<br /></li><li>Steel<br /></li><li>Riley McManus<br /></li><li>The Silencer<br /></li><li>Xavi Ferrara (another obvious fit)<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

And honestly, all of em have fit in well. Also had Ant-Man for a while, and huge plans for him, but TCW snatched him away just as I was building him up. The Silencer in particular has been FANTASTIC, and I can't stress enough how great he's done. Between having abusable Menace, up from an A to A* after he accepted my request to gain weight, high brawling skills, and some respectable performance skills... he always produces. Been running him as my personal knock-off of The Punisher, with him hitting the ring to ruthlessly "silence" heels who cheat or attack people. Gave him a good ten month reign with the Tri-State title, which was nothing but great for the belt's prestige. He's averaging C matches, all while battling guys like Devastating Don and Brutus Milano (who I had Xavi Ferrara unite to stop The Silencer). Those three have also got a nice rub from it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I think NYCW is mostly in need of some overhaul. Not so much as to destroy the identity of the company, but allowing some of the older guys to end their careers and make room at the top for new stars is definitely in order.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So got the opportunity to book my second show, hardly a disaster but hardly pleased with the show and a lot of room for improvement.<p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/dByRqGu.png</span></p><p> </p><p> Questions going forward.</p><p> </p><p> After two shows of build should Xavi take the title from Tubbs at show 3?</p><p> </p><p> The obvious next step for the Empire Title is another match between Flash and Cahill, should I have Cahill win clean or through hijinks?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Xavi Ferrera is basically your next Roger Cage so I'd put the tri state title on him to elevate him a bit more. Along with the title he needs a meaningful feud like against Flash which brings me to the next part. I would let Cahil win clean I mean he's the most over guy in the company and in well placed and well time matches he can deliver. Xavi and Steve would be THE premier feud everyone comes to see, but Cahil would simply go on a tear through any and everybody until a proper feud comes his way like one against Smith or Youngman or something.</p>

<p>Took a break from modding to actually play for the first time in a month. Booked a couple shows and had some fun developments:</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>Steve Flash retired<br /></li><li>O'Farraday has officially left me for the second time<br /></li><li>They were replaced with Rayne Man and Ernest Youngman, who are both unemployed (Youngman thanks to SWF buying out PSW)<br /></li><li>My second show of the third year is my best EVER, featuring a title bout between Bulldozer Brandon Smith and the newly debuted Ernest Youngman. Both are faces, Youngman's manager had poor chemistry with him (but has already started dating The Silencer, so I'll find her other work), and they still managed a B+ match! Why? Probably in part because those two have good chemistry against each other! I smell a future rivalry that can carry me to Cult.<br /></li><li>MAW have finally breathed their last. Sam Keith died a while back as they were struggling, and a very wealthy Ed Monton purchased it (probably because his son works there). Dispute the financial infusion, MAW went into debt again a few months later. At ~20k in debt, they've agreed to a buyout with us. My roster is already pretty full, so I didn't grab any workers, but I did take all of the titles and I also bought the rights to the Sam Kieth Classic and the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament. And even better, I instantly shoot up to E+ popularity in the Mid-Atlantic, which will make my goal of a TV deal with East Coast Today in the future all the easier to achieve. Not to mention I can now run shows in the Mid Atlantic without leaving the COTT.<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

All in all a good day. Hate to see MAW close it's doors, it's a wonderful company, but buying them out is a HUGE win for my dreams of being a powerhouse East Coast Cult-size company someday.</p>

<p>So headed into show 4 and I'm gonna pull the trigger on Xavi, have him beat Tubbs for the Tri Regional Title, then show 5 will feature the final match between them before I move Xavi into a feud with Flash.</p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of Flash, he lost the second match for the Empire title to Cahill when Cahill's new (on-screen) protege Andrew Harper cost Flash the match, so show 4 will feature a match between Flash & Harper. </p><p> </p><p>

Cahill is likely going to face BBS whist he is in between tours, from there I'm not sure where Cahill will go. </p><p> </p><p>

OSP currently have the tag belts after I vacated them off SS who broke up at the last show with Tennessee William turning heel and now going by his real name, I'm hoping his push pans out as I feel big things are in his NYCW future. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Questions</strong></p><p> </p><p>

As above I mentioned that Cahill will be at a loss for opponents after he beats BBS and he goes to Japan, who should be the next challenger, can be someone on the default roster or anyone you recommend bringing in.</p><p> </p><p>

Secondly OSP, should they feud with Ring Generals or should they feud with the upstart team of Rock City Saints first?</p><p> </p><p>

Honest Frank is currently lost in the shuffle, not appearing on the last two shows. Considering a short feud with Wolfsbane to pull him up the card, your thoughts?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So headed into show 4 and I'm gonna pull the trigger on Xavi, have him beat Tubbs for the Tri Regional Title, then show 5 will feature the final match between them before I move Xavi into a feud with Flash.<p> </p><p> Speaking of Flash, he lost the second match for the Empire title to Cahill when Cahill's new (on-screen) protege Andrew Harper cost Flash the match, so show 4 will feature a match between Flash & Harper. </p><p> </p><p> Cahill is likely going to face BBS whist he is in between tours, from there I'm not sure where Cahill will go. </p><p> </p><p> OSP currently have the tag belts after I vacated them off SS who broke up at the last show with Tennessee William turning heel and now going by his real name, I'm hoping his push pans out as I feel big things are in his NYCW future. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Questions</strong></p><p> </p><p> As above I mentioned that Cahill will be at a loss for opponents after he beats BBS and he goes to Japan, who should be the next challenger, can be someone on the default roster or anyone you recommend bringing in.</p><p> </p><p> Secondly OSP, should they feud with Ring Generals or should they feud with the upstart team of Rock City Saints first?</p><p> </p><p> Honest Frank is currently lost in the shuffle, not appearing on the last two shows. Considering a short feud with Wolfsbane to pull him up the card, your thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> After Cahill decimates Brandon Smith I would have his next opponent be Honest Frank before moving Frank to Wolfsbaine to move Wolfsbaine up the card. Then I would have Cahill claiming to be unstoppable and the best NYCW has to offer. That is when I'd capitalize on the loan system since your in the COTT. I'd have Cahill face Sayeen Ali, Al Coleman, and Ash Cambell to name a few possible opponents before you eventually pass the strap to a deserving youngster or young veteran.</p><p> </p><p> OSP, well I would let the Rock City Saints have a crack at the champs first before either moving them to Ring Generals or find a way to incorporate both teams leading to a triple threat ladder match for the gold.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevinTEW13" data-cite="DevinTEW13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After Cahill decimates Brandon Smith I would have his next opponent be Honest Frank before moving Frank to Wolfsbaine to move Wolfsbaine up the card. Then I would have Cahill claiming to be unstoppable and the best NYCW has to offer. That is when I'd capitalize on the loan system since your in the COTT. I'd have Cahill face Sayeen Ali, Al Coleman, and Ash Cambell to name a few possible opponents before you eventually pass the strap to a deserving youngster or young veteran.<p> </p><p> OSP, well I would let the Rock City Saints have a crack at the champs first before either moving them to Ring Generals or find a way to incorporate both teams leading to a triple threat ladder match for the gold.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> The match vs BBS ultimately never went ahead due to BBS going on another tour to Japan, so far in 4 months he's been around 1, considering maybe releasing him and finding someone else who can take his spot.</p><p> </p><p> The match that was going to go to BBS went to Texas Pete, who blew his chance by wrestling drunk on the show.</p><p> </p><p> I have however picked up Remmy Skye who's on a one strike deal, if he messes up in any way he's out, also brought in Bryan Holmes, not as lucky as yourself Devin as he's in decline, but only 5 years so he'll have some use, may even get a shot at the title. </p><p> </p><p> Also just got the fab news that in 3 months Ryan Turner is going on tour... I'll be giving them a short 3 way feud with OSP & Ring Generals, then when Turner returns then they'll most likely slot back into the Tag Title picture.</p>

The match vs BBS ultimately never went ahead due to BBS going on another tour to Japan, so far in 4 months he's been around 1, considering maybe releasing him and finding someone else who can take his spot.

The match that was going to go to BBS went to Texas Pete, who blew his chance by wrestling drunk on the show.

I have however picked up Remmy Skye who's on a one strike deal, if he messes up in any way he's out, also brought in Bryan Holmes, not as lucky as yourself Devin as he's in decline, but only 5 years so he'll have some use, may even get a shot at the title.

Also just got the fab news that in 3 months Ryan Turner is going on tour... I'll be giving them a short 3 way feud with OSP & Ring Generals, then when Turner returns then they'll most likely slot back into the Tag Title picture.

Bryan Holmes is a good hand and after his run with the Empire title I am going to have him work the lower reaches of the card and put a number of Tri State and US title reigns in his future in order to work with and teach the younger guys as his performance skills are some of the best in the game. I hope Ryan comes back with a nice pop boost for you as the big boys doesn't usually pick up Stan and Turner. That is my key to success in all honesty. I only pick men who rarely get their fair shake with the big three as I think that is key to getting to cult and maintaining your core roster or your core main event players. That is why I am slowly building Canadian Crusher, Xavi Ferrera, Rock City Stars, Jerry Martin, Logan Wolfsbaine, Rayne Man(Pain), El Mitico, and many more are slowly being groomed to be a mainstay in NYCW. I'm riding Cahill, Holmes, Flash, and many vets past their prime to get me to cult. After I make that leap I will horrendously kill the pop of my mainstays as of now. The only one who will be protected until the end will be Bryan Holmes because he is so valuable and has been gaining pop like a mad man and at 45 that is amazing. In one of my NYCW game where I have my own network I have Bryan Holmes as the THE top guy in NYCW. Holmes is at 65 pop around the states but due to his age no big company in the states will sign him and its a godsend. Cahill is the second guy whose also at 65, but he's been having a great run with the COTT World title. These two men will no doubt be a driving force to cult in my playful sandbox game and they are also my go to guys in my real game with NYCW. I don't know how to explain it but time decline has NEVER deterred me from using my veterans in whatever capacity I thought was best for them and the company.

On the subject of BBS I wouldn't fire him without jobbing him out to the man you have planned to take his place. I jobbed him out as much as possible because it's obvious he's a future star in the Japanese market. In the case of Remmy he is just gold when he keeps it together and doesn't show up high as a kite. I could see myself bringing him in to feud with Holmes once I reach cult and in my real game I can see him being Empire champion and dethroning Holmes.

I am stuck when it comes to Frank. I have a floating championship in the NYCW US title, but Sanders has been tearing it up for the past six months with the belt. Do I pass the belt to Frank to give him one last shine in the spotlight? If so, would it be wise to move Rick Sanders to a feud with current Tri State champion in Canadian Crusher with Sanders coming out on top? I want Sanders to be able to get into the HOF on his own merits as well as with the OSP. I have a plan of six month reigns with minor titles to get him their but only if I can use him to build new midcard mainstays. Am I being a bit selfish by trying to give him the proper creditials to get in on his own?

<p>Just finished my first ever year with NYCW, who've never really caught my attention in previous games but who I'm really enjoying playing as this time around.</p><p> </p><p>

We won Most Improved Company of the Year, which is nice, and we've just got up to Regional for the second time (having bounced pretty much straight back down previously.)</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't brought many people in permanently, although the one major signing I have made, Ant-Man, has had a super-push - debuting at Rush Hour by attacking Roger Cage (in his final match) AND Honest Frank in the main event, before destroying Page post-match. That brought him to the attention of Bulldozer Brandon Smith,kicking off a feud that would last half the year, Smith eventually going over at Gang Wars teaming with the Rock City Stars to defeat Ant-Man and the Old School Principals, then beating him the following month in a solo match. Dozer has just beaten Roderick Remus to win the COTT title.</p><p> </p><p>

Man Mountain Cahill won the tournament for the Empire title, left vacant after Cage left. He defeated Marv Statler in the first round, Steve Flash in the second, and Tennesee William in the final - having got a bye in the semi-finals due to BBS and Ant-Man fighting to a double count-out. Since then, he's defeated BBS and Tennessee William, with Steve Flash his next opponent.</p><p> </p><p>

Ant-Man and Joel Bryant are the COTT tag champions, defeating Flash and Greg Gauge, who unseated the Ring Generals before imploding as a team when Gauge attacked Flash due to the loss to Ant-Man and Joel. That led to an impromptu singles match which Flash won, followed by Flash and the Generals beating Gauge and the Dynamite Express in an NYCW vs MAW match at Gang Wars. (All of the MAW team were brought in on loan contracts.) </p><p> </p><p>

The Rock City Stars were the first signings I'd made who I intended to keep apart from Ant-Man, and are getting something of a push, beating most of the heel teams and building to a face vs face match with tag champs The Ring Generals. Elsewhere in the tag division, the Southern Stars are on the backburner with William getting a pretty big solo push, and the Boys From The Yukon split, with Howlin Mad Mort attacking Whitehorse (whose contract was expiring) after a loss.</p><p> </p><p>

American Buffalo and Bryan Holmes are the two big signings I've made - Buffalo has jumped Smith twice and they'll feud, although I really need to book a few tag matches as the overness difference is so huge AB doesn't like the idea of jobbing. Creative meeting shows Brutus Milano as an NBT, and Freedom Eagle, Andrew Harper, New York Doll and new signing Johnny Needham as hot prospects. None have done much in the past year, all will get a bit more attention paid to them in the next 12 months or so as I start to phase out a few of the older guys gradually - I'm stealing the idea someone had up thread and bringing Rahn in as a tag partner for Harper, building to a feud with the Rock City Stars.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread, by the way - it's really been helpful in giving me ideas!</p>

Archived