The Brexit vote

Nightshadeex

<p>From a friend's Facebook page: The people of Great Britain vote to reinstate their own sovereignty and democracy. The opponents on the left respond by calling them all racists and white supremacists. Lol. It's getting old. #Brexit</p><p> </p><p>

As was said earlier, each country needs to do what is best for them.</p>

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guys, guys. Let's stick to what's happening now. Not what happened tens or even hundreds of years ago, yeah?<p> </p><p> The British have done some pretty terrible things, just like everyone else. You don't get to ignore that because you're British. Likewise, you don't get to blame Random British Guy living in 2016 for them, either.</p><p> </p><p> Until now the thread has been surprisingly civil, let's not spoil it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Correct.</p><p> </p><p> Although I would phrase it as all countries have done some terrible things, but I do get to ignore it because it's nothing to do with me. It's not about the last its about the future. Majority of people who voted to leave, will be more than likely descendants of people who were barely better off than slaves when the British empire was off doing what it was doing. If people read history correctly (not aiming this at you) they will find that the only people to benefit from anything the British did are actually the upper class. The same people who benefit from the EU</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From a friend's Facebook page: The people of Great Britain vote to reinstate their own sovereignty and democracy. The opponents on the left respond by calling them all racists and white supremacists. Lol. It's getting old. #Brexit<p> </p><p> As was said earlier, each country needs to do what is best for them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seeing as the vast majority of open exit voters have said they did it to kick out foreigners, and the fact that most of them didn't even know what the the EU was? Yeah, that's bull and shit. Especially since A) nationalism is absolutely vile so you can shove your sovereignity BS and B) democracy in the UK has only been put in peril by this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, the idea of us taking responsibility for stuff that now-dead people did decades ago is just stupid. They are dead, we are alive. Let's move on.<p> </p><p> Anyway, today it's come out that the Leave campaign don't have a post-Brexit plan. Number 10 doesn't have a post-Brexit plan. Iain Duncan Smith and Nigel Farage have both said that they can't fulfill their campaign promise of giving £350m to the NHS. Nicola Sturgeon is fighting for Scotland to remain in the EU and I don't think they even need to accept the verdict if they don't want it. Labour is falling apart with eight members of the Shadow Cabinet having departed today already. The markets are still falling and we are being condemned the world over for losing them money. The EU want us to start negotiations to leave right now but we have a Prime Minister that won't do it. He's on his bike despite saying on national television that he would stay on if Leave won. Boris Johnson is the favourite to take over but it's expected that Theresa May will challenge him and she's more popular in Westminster. However, she was a Remain campaigner and that muddies the waters on Brexit considerably. </p><p> </p><p> Please America, for the sake of your countries stability, please don't vote Trump in.</p><p> </p><p> Correction: nine members of the Shadow Cabinet have departed.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But this is what we (leave voters or the majority want) It's not all about the EU, the EU is a representation of what's wrong in this country that the average working man wants to get rid of. </p><p> </p><p> The leave campaign shouldn't have an exit plan, they don't run the country, David Cameron and the tories should have had an exit plan, but they haven't because they've tried to up and leave, they want it to fall alart to prove they were right. </p><p> </p><p> But that's exactly what I wanted, David Cameron gone, and the tories follow. We might still have to wait for the next general election but they will be gone, they have proved the can keep the stronghold, and keep the wool over the working class people's eyes, so they will lose a lot of votes, and they have also proved they can't run the country and can't be trusted to run the country.</p><p> </p><p> None of the promises were going to happen, just as none of the threats, well 1% of promises or threats will, but that's it, it would have been the same had we stayed. Politics in the country anyway is about lies. </p><p> Cameron once said 'were all in this together' now he's bailing.</p><p> Nick clegg once promised to scrap uni fee's and that won the election for them and the tories, and uni fees went up.</p><p> </p><p> Nicola sturgeon will hopefully lead another Scotland referendum to leave the uk and they will leave the uk and join the EU. This would benefit us greatly, because currently we are supporting them, so to go from us supporting Scotland and the whole of Europe, we only have to support ourselves (Wales and NI) and Germany and co will be supporting Scotland. Just imagine how much that would benefit the island as a whole?</p><p> </p><p> Labour falling apart is also another good thing. The tories only got in because of labours I competencies, and then managed to get re-elected due to having poor leadership under miliband, and Cobyrn has turned so many core labour supporters away it's unreal. So that's for the good of the country too.</p><p> </p><p> Trump is the only real person from any other country to say we should leave, so for trade reasons if he got elected it could suit us, but that's up to America what goes off there.</p><p> </p><p> The only problem I have is who's going to take over now, i was hoping for Cameron to step down, I do think Boris will be better, but I'd be suprised if the tories want him. Ideally for me I would rather an emergency election happen (once labour have a new leader)</p><p> </p><p> Lastly regarding the markets, they are falling because of panic, they will be fine, people always want to invest, there's still a hell of a lot of money to made in the UK. Nothing has gone, we still have every other agreement we had before. When the markets hit a certain price, investors will start to think about putting money back in, once they rise they will rise fast, to a level around or above they were before. Regarding the status of our economy and all that kind of stuff, we have barely come out of a recession so they are already low, so it won't hurt us, especially as they were on the up.</p><p> </p><p> That's my take on it. There's a lot there for people who wanted to remain to take in, because they don't understand it, they think a country can only be judged on economy and the world can only be a better place with freedom of movement. </p><p> </p><p> But they don't see what really goes on in the country</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kn23m" data-cite="kn23m" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really?<p> My country was occupied during WW2 by Soviet Union, so I really could care less if my world for almost 50 years would have been ruled by Germany or Soviet Union to be honest so what really UK have done for my country, that you asking me to remember it now? Or you are one of those ignorant people in the west who think that Hitler was a much bigger evil, then Stalin was just because he saved your asses from Hitler?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know what country you live in but </p><p> </p><p> A) hitler would have taken over the world and killed 90% of it, me and you would not exist today.</p><p> B) Stalin was responsible for the Soviet Union, not Britain.</p>

<p>Having Trump on your side isn't a good thing...Just saying.</p><p> </p><p>

The problem with Trump on your side with Trade is it's completely false, you think Trump has anything in mind for the greater good than his own pockets?</p><p> </p><p>

He's screwed hundreds of business associates out of money, hundreds of young adults out of money, but the worst is he's talked about bringing jobs back to America, because it's where they should be, but in the meantime he's shipping his own businesses to Mexico, if you think having him on your side is a good thing, I feel sorry for you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="OctoberRaven" data-cite="OctoberRaven" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Seeing as the vast majority of open exit voters have said they did it to kick out foreigners, and the fact that most of them didn't even know what the the EU was? Yeah, that's bull and shit. Especially since A) nationalism is absolutely vile so you can shove your sovereignity BS and B) democracy in the UK has only been put in peril by this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 17.4 million people voted to leave. So a majority of that would be 8.8million, and a vast majority would be a lot higher.</p><p> </p><p> So you're telling me way over 8.8 million people who voted to leave have said they did it to kick out foreigners? And we'll over 8.8 million people said they didn't know what the away was?</p><p> </p><p> So I suggest you stop reading/watching politically aligned news who interview 100's of people and pick 4 interviews out to show the best or the worst (which ever supports their political agenda the best) </p><p> </p><p> Geeez and the leave voters were meant to be the stupid easily led ones.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> The leave campaign shouldn't have an exit plan, they don't run the country, David Cameron and the tories should have had an exit plan, but they haven't because they've tried to up and leave, they want it to fall alart to prove they were right. </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So if the leave campaign shouldn't have had an exit plan, what was the bloody point in this whole referendum then? The winning side should be the ones to execute the winning plan.</p><p> </p><p> You can't win something then force the losers to do all the hard work for you. That's about the most illogical thing I've ever heard (apart from the idea that Donald Trump will somehow help anyone outside of himself).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Having Trump on your side isn't a good thing...Just saying.<p> </p><p> The problem with Trump on your side with Trade is it's completely false, you think Trump has anything in mind for the greater good than his own pockets?</p><p> </p><p> He's screwed hundreds of business associates out of money, hundreds of young adults out of money, but the worst is he's talked about bringing jobs back to America, because it's where they should be, but in the meantime he's shipping his own businesses to Mexico, if you think having him on your side is a good thing, I feel sorry for you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No that's your opinion, no need to feel sorry for me. I'm not talking about trump as a businessman, I'm talking about trump as the president, he would be more favourable to trading with the U.K., not his company, his country.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So if the leave campaign shouldn't have had an exit plan, what was the bloody point in this whole referendum then? The winning side should be the ones to execute the winning plan.<p> </p><p> You can't win something then force the losers to do all the hard work for you. That's about the most illogical thing I've ever heard (apart from the idea that Donald Trump will somehow help anyone outside of himself).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is what's wrong with people's thinking. It's not winners or losers. It's a vote for the country, wether we should be part of the EU or not, the prime minister and co run the country, EU or no EU they are charge, they are responsible for running the country. So they should have an exit plan, he same as they should have had a remain plan. </p><p> </p><p> This wanst an election, it was a refurendum. It has nothing to do with 'who' wins or who loses, that's the problem with all the politicians getting involved and campaigning, making it out like it was one side against another. </p><p> </p><p> Do you think Nigel Farage should be responsible to put a plan forward for how the countries won? When he only won one seat in the last election?</p><p> </p><p> Come on people think. The remain voters have been too easily led. The tories have messed up and don't want to try and sort it out (well Cameron at the very least)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is what's wrong with people's thinking. It's not winners or losers. It's a vote for the country, wether we should be part of the EU or not, the prime minister and co run the country, EU or no EU they are charge, they are responsible for running the country. So they should have an exit plan, he same as they should have had a remain plan. <p> </p><p> This wanst an election, it was a refurendum. It has nothing to do with 'who' wins or who loses, that's the problem with all the politicians getting involved and campaigning, making it out like it was one side against another. </p><p> </p><p> Do you think Nigel Farage should be responsible to put a plan forward for how the countries won? When he only won one seat in the last election?</p><p> </p><p> Come on people think. The remain voters have been too easily led. The tories have messed up and don't want to try and sort it out (well Cameron at the very least)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the people who campaigned to leave the EU should be held accountable for a plan of action to take, yes. If they didn't have a plan of action in place from the offset, what was the point in calling for the referendum anyways outside of jingoistic hot air?</p><p> </p><p> I don't think Farage himself should be held responsible for a plan but him and the other key figures in the Leave campaign should be made to sit in a room and come up with a plan for the result they wanted. I'd be saying the same if the results went the other way and there was no plan from the Remain side for what they wanted to do concerning the EU (presumably remaining in the union would be the start of those plans ¬_¬).</p><p> </p><p> And let's not kid ourselves here, it was definitely an event with a winner and a loser. To say otherwise is pretty nonsensical.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No that's your opinion, no need to feel sorry for me. I'm not talking about trump as a businessman, I'm talking about trump as the president, he would be more favourable to trading with the U.K., not his company, his country.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Trump has run his whole campaign as a business man, so you're statement is complete false, you're talking about his business history when you refer to him as being president. Yes he will have people to keep him in line to a point, but giving this idiot more power is a mistake for us and for the UK,</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the people who campaigned to leave the EU should be held accountable for a plan of action to take, yes. If they didn't have a plan of action in place from the offset, what was the point in calling for the referendum anyways outside of jingoistic hot air?<p> </p><p> I don't think Farage himself should be held responsible for a plan but him and the other key figures in the Leave campaign should be made to sit in a room and come up with a plan for the result they wanted. I'd be saying the same if the results went the other way and there was no plan from the Remain side for what they wanted to do concerning the EU (presumably remaining in the union would be the start of those plans ¬_¬).</p><p> </p><p> And let's not kid ourselves here, it was definitely an event with a winner and a loser. To say otherwise is pretty nonsensical.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Not sure how much attention you pay to politics etc, but a big part of the Tory campaign when re-elected was to give the country a chance to decide on the EU, because it had become a big big topic. Lots of things from laws passed down, money we paid in compared to others, all sorts of issues. So David Cameron finally had to call for a referendum because that was a major point of their campaign.</p><p> </p><p> Don't forget it was he and his government who called for it in the first place. They are just trying to wash their hands and pass the blame.</p><p> </p><p> The leave campaign could have been run by me or you, it wasn't one cmapign by a group of people all who had a manifesto and they ran from it, it was just a lot of individuals, or groups of people who wanted us to leave and wanted other people to realise we should leave. That's why you can't expect anyone to have a plan. Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson are the ones mentioned because they were the biggest two politicians who publicly said we should leave and why.</p><p> </p><p> David Cameron made promises of what would happen if we remained (they he would have broke) because he was prime minister and he is running the country (or was).</p><p> </p><p> Let's not forget Farage was not campaigning as part of UKIP and Boris wasnt campaigning as part of the conservatives. </p><p> </p><p> Again regarding the winner and loser thing, it's something the major politicians have tried to create, a lot of people were 50/50 on the day, a lot of people voted remain because they didn't like the thought of change, or the Unknown, none of them have lost. There is not winner or loser as such, it was just a question. With no particular person or party winning or losing the vote.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trump has run his whole campaign as a business man, so you're statement is complete false, you're talking about his business history when you refer to him as being president. Yes he will have people to keep him in line to a point, but giving this idiot more power is a mistake for us and for the UK,</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're missing my point, the fact that trump has said he will be more than happy to allow UK to trade and won't put them to the back of queue (like Obama quoted) means that it would benefit the UK. </p><p> </p><p> I'm not talking about anything else. I'm talking about the UK from a trade point of view.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're missing my point, the fact that trump has said he will be more than happy to allow UK to trade and won't put them to the back of queue (like Obama quoted) means that it would benefit the UK. <p> </p><p> I'm not talking about anything else. I'm talking about the UK from a trade point of view.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He hasn't been honest about ONE thing in his run, yet you believe that?</p><p> </p><p> The only way this helps the UK is if it helps him as well, not the UK, not the US, but HIM, and only him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He hasn't been honest about ONE thing in his run, yet you believe that?<p> </p><p> The only way this helps the UK is if it helps him as well, not the UK, not the US, but HIM, and only him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not getting into trump and American politics. </p><p> </p><p> My point was he was the only one that publically stated he would be happy to trade with us as normal if we left. It might be because it suits him, it will more than likely be because it suits him. Trade deals are there to suit both parties.</p>

17.4 million people voted to leave. So a majority of that would be 8.8million, and a vast majority would be a lot higher.

So you're telling me way over 8.8 million people who voted to leave have said they did it to kick out foreigners? And we'll over 8.8 million people said they didn't know what the away was?

So I suggest you stop reading/watching politically aligned news who interview 100's of people and pick 4 interviews out to show the best or the worst (which ever supports their political agenda the best)

Geeez and the leave voters were meant to be the stupid easily led ones.

I don't watch politically aligned news, but you obviously do if you can't understand the concepts of polling and statistical analysis.

It's simple critical thinking:

-Objective analysts note an anti-foreigner sentiment along leave voters, and especially in MPs like the unashamed white supremacist Nigel Farage (who was quoted as saying Brexit was for "real people", mind you)

-Google analysts note that the day after EU vote, the #2 search was "WTF is EU BTW?"

-71 percent turnout, an unexpected high, and a highly unexpected result suggests uninformed voting.

But then again, if critical thinking were commonplace, UKIP wouldn't even be a relevant party.

I don't know what country you live in but

A) hitler would have taken over the world and killed 90% of it, me and you would not exist today.

B) Stalin was responsible for the Soviet Union, not Britain.

Are you so sure about it?

Are you sure that Hitler would have allowed the only "real people" in whole world (germans) work in plantations, clean toilets and so on or he would used your and my grandparents for it - so don't worry about it - you, just like I would still exist! The only intention of Hitler was to kill the intelligent part of each nation (if we don't count his obsession with annihilation of Jewish), so only what is left is the blind sheeps that will follow his stupid ideology just like Stalin did it here in the east!

Of course Stalin was responsible for Soviet Union (did I wrote something else?), but I have already represented you with a list for what YOUR uk is responsible for! But the problem is that the only thing what you get out of it is that: "I am not responsible for things that people before me have done!" While the main point of me was, that centuries go by, but things stay the same - your uk keep terrorizing the rest of the world, the only thing that have changed is the word that is given to that terror - from 11th to 15th century it was called Crussades, from 16th to 20th century it was called Colonization, but now starting from 21st century it is called Democratization!

P.S. I especially for you and few other blind sheeps that fallowed you, but didn't even care to read what I wrote, have underlined the part, so that you won't blame me again that I put a guilt on "some random British guy" for sins that his ancestry have done centuries ago!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="OctoberRaven" data-cite="OctoberRaven" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't watch politically aligned news, but you obviously do if you can't understand the concepts of polling and statistical analysis.<p> </p><p> It's simple critical thinking:</p><p> -Objective analysts note an anti-foreigner sentiment along leave voters, and especially in MPs like the unashamed white supremacist Nigel Farage (who was quoted as saying Brexit was for "real people", mind you)</p><p> -Google analysts note that the day after EU vote, the #2 search was "WTF is EU BTW?"</p><p> -71 percent turnout, an unexpected high, and a highly unexpected result suggests uninformed voting.</p><p> </p><p> But then again, if critical thinking were commonplace, UKIP wouldn't even be a relevant party.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I read all news, you can pretty much tell what the news source by reading or seeing the agenda. </p><p> Your points could be taken the other way.</p><p> </p><p> The search on WTF is the EU anyway could be Americans, it could be Europeans, it could be Australians and it could very well be remain voters.</p><p> </p><p> The high turnout could be the fact that they feel they are informed, and they don't turn out to other election/refurendums because they aren't informed enough to vote for those.</p><p> </p><p> Again it's people taking figures and speculating on why they are like that. </p><p> </p><p> I reckon there were a lot more uniformed remain voters who voted that way because they were scared to vote for change</p><p> </p><p> To suggest there were over 8.8 million people vote to leave because of that reason is just something that can't be backed up.</p>

Also it's hard to be democratic when your union of <em>four</em> different countries all exit just because two chose to do so. If the brexit crew actually gave a crap about "sovereignty" and "democracy", they'd let Northern Ireland and Scotland choose to stay in the EU.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kn23m" data-cite="kn23m" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you so sure about it?<p> </p><p> Are you sure that Hitler would have allowed the only "real people" in whole world (germans) work in plantations, clean toilets and so on or he would used your and my grandparents for it - so don't worry about it - you, just like I would still exist! The only intention of Hitler was to kill the intelligent part of each nation (if we don't count his obsession with annihilation of Jewish), so only what is left is the blind sheeps that will follow his stupid ideology just like Stalin did it here in the east!</p><p> </p><p> Of course Stalin was responsible for Soviet Union (did I wrote something else?), but I have already represented you with a list for what YOUR uk is responsible for! But the problem is that the only thing what you get out of it is that: "I am not responsible for things that people before me have done!" While the main point of me was, that centuries go by, but <strong>things stay the same</strong> - your uk keep terrorizing the rest of the world, the only thing that have changed is the word that is given to that terror - from 11th to 15th century it was called Crussades, from 16th to 20th century it was called Colonization, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">but now starting from 21st century it is called Democratization</span>!</p><p> </p><p> <strong>P.S.</strong> I especially for you and few other blind sheeps that fallowed you, but didn't even care to read what I wrote, have underlined the part, so that you won't blame me again that I put a guilt on "some random British guy" for sins that his ancestry have done centuries ago!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I still don't get why you're mad at me. The vote to leave the EU proves the average man in the UK does NOT want to get involved in other countries business. </p><p> </p><p> I'm all for the world becoming a better place, but the UK needs to make itself a better place before it can make others better. That's pretty much the bottom line of it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="OctoberRaven" data-cite="OctoberRaven" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also it's hard to be democratic when your union of <em>four</em> different countries all exit just because two chose to do so. If the brexit crew actually gave a crap about "sovereignty" and "democracy", they'd let Northern Ireland and Scotland choose to stay in the EU.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If Scotland and Northern Ireland want to leave the UK and become part of the EU that's fine.</p><p> </p><p> Scotland already had a referendum to leave with a totally (in the end) failed campaign, they based it all on new oil reserves found, which after they voted to stay, they realised after that the oil would have nowhere near kept them afloat.</p><p> </p><p> So if England didn't have to help keep Scotland and Northern Ireland up and the EU did instead, then tho whole island (plus the Irish island) would benefit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If Scotland and Northern Ireland want to leave the UK and become part of the EU that's fine.<p> </p><p> Scotland already had a referendum to leave with a totally (in the end) failed campaign, they based it all on new oil reserves found, which after they voted to stay, they realised after that the oil would have nowhere near kept them afloat.</p><p> </p><p> So if England didn't have to help keep Scotland and Northern Ireland up and the EU did instead, then tho whole island (plus the Irish island) would benefit.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What the hell are you talking 'bout mate? You just spewing non-sense at this point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The search on WTF is the EU anyway could be Americans, it could be Europeans, it could be Australians and it could very well be remain voters.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which could be possible if not for two things:</p><p> 1) It was based on ONLY UK searches</p><p> and 2) Brexiters have ALSO been quoted as saying that they didn't know their vote was even FOR leaving the EU</p><p> </p><p> With those facts in place, it's almost certain that the vast majority of those searches were by ignorant leavers.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Again it's people taking figures and speculating on why they are like that. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, that is statistical analysis, and it is a vital part of sociological research. Dismissing it like you do is just pure anti-intellectualism. Pretending that people who do this don't know what they're talking about is no different than being someone who goes to the doctor, gets a prescription, and then tears it up because you know better than him and you're going to slap some leeches on you instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="packerman120" data-cite="packerman120" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41963" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What the hell are you talking 'bout mate? You just spewing non-sense at this point.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tell me what's nonsense? Which one of the 4 uk countries are you from/ do you live in?</p>

Archived