Your Cornellverse must-haves

I've played several TEW 2016 games using the Cornellverse, and I've discovered that I've got several guys that I seem to hire wherever I go. I can't imagine I'm alone in this, so here's a thread designed to pay tribute to those wrestlers we always wind up with. My list is below.

Ernest Youngman: PHENOMENAL heel with tons of room to grow. I had a lot of fun booking him in my MAW dynasty thread before PGHW poached him. In fact, he was going to be in a long feud with Edd Stone at the top of my cards before he got snatched up.

Logan Wolfsbaine: Not just a fantastic prospect, but a guy who works REALLY cheap. I can't imagine there are many RTG setups that don't involve hiring him as soon as possible. He's been my MAW American Champion for almost a year and is almost ready for a bigger push.

El Mitico, Jr.: This is still a sore spot with me. He had developed enough in both skills and popularity to challenge Super Ninja for the MAW Cruiserweight title in a ladder match that would've torn the house down...and then he left for a Japan tour before the match. :(

Kip Keenan: Strong worker who can work as a face or heel, and he starts out fairly cheap ($700 per appearance). I'm not necessarily sure if he could be considered World Champion material or anything like that, but I've thrown him into a number of situations and he's made them all work.

<p>My CV Favorites</p><p> </p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine: Good Looks, athletic, poweful, grasps the fundamentals and has great charisma! Wolfsbaine is a star in the waiting that big companies like SWF and USPW never seem to go after, he oozes potential and can be turned into a great star.</p><p> </p><p>

Joffy Laine: The guy is simply the most charismatic guy that works on USA without being on a written! 84 Charisma, 79 Mic Skills, B SQ and his in-ring skills also dont dissapoint, maybe a little more consistency could help his craft but "The Jackhammer" will always be my second favourite</p><p> </p><p>

Kamikaze: This can look something a little weird, since most people will not see a great worker in Kamikaze, that only has impressive Flashiness as the game starts (should be noted that the best flashiness in the game thought) but he always grew to be an awesome worker for me. in just some 3 years i could get his in-ring skills to B+s and As, B+ Charisma and High Flying to A, almost at the level of his legendary flashy moves. his SQ stopped at B- thought but i will always see this guy as a great star for me.</p>

<p>Xavi Ferrera: First, he is one of the best "all-around" talents in the Cornellverse -- there isn't a single match type he can't work if given the opportunity. Second, he comes with great camera skills, and if he's willing to change sizes, potential to be a figurehead. Third, he usually ends up unemployed from PSW, and is available on the cheap. </p><p> </p><p>

The Silencer: He's a ready-made star with good potential who can easily main event for a small company. He's cheap enough to sign on day 1 for a RTG company and over enough to pull solid ratings off the bat. </p><p> </p><p>

Drake Young: I've always contended it's easier to develop top-row stats than entertainment skills, and the former comedian actually has terrific fundamentals for his age, including impressive psychology. Plus, he starts working with solid talents in CGC, and improves quickly.</p>

<p>Greg Guage - For some reason I always grab him if given the chance. He is a phenomenal worker.</p><p> </p><p>

Mainstream Hernandez - He was my favorite in TEW2013. If he ever comes available I try to snag him if possible</p><p> </p><p>

Kirk Jameson - A long time favorite of mine as well.</p>

<p>Mine changes somewhat every year due to people becoming unavailable from game to game.</p><p> </p><p>

For a few games Acid was a must have buy. Especially for regionals. He was my star performer on every CZCW game I had.</p><p> </p><p>

On TEW16 I have some new must buys for nealy every save. </p><p> </p><p>

American Cobras: Storm Spillane and Marval Malloy. Malloy especially pulls off some of the best ratings in for my CZCW. Theyd be a good mid card tag team for a national company too</p><p> </p><p>

Wild Cats: Tigre Salvaje jr amd El Jaguar. Similar to the Cobras. Tigre also gets some top performances and could Main event on his own </p><p> </p><p>

Remmy Sky: I liked to sign him on orevious games but on this one if you can keep him clean he regulsrly pulls put 80s for my CZCW tagging with Fox Mask.</p>

Greg Gague: Develops into one of the best workers on the planet, plus I like his renders.

American Cobras: Criminally underrated team, they usually become the best indy team ever in most of my games if I don't snap them up fro Japan.

Razan Okamoto: Greatest Japanese blue prospect I have ever seen, plus it is really weird how awesome his selling develops, it was a 100 at once point in my game and that was funny.

Greg Gague: Develops into one of the best workers on the planet, plus I like his renders.

American Cobras: Criminally underrated team, they usually become the best indy team ever in most of my games if I don't snap them up fro Japan.

Razan Okamoto: Greatest Japanese blue prospect I have ever seen, plus it is really weird how awesome his selling develops, it was a 100 at once point in my game and that was funny.

Thanks for posting these because being new to the CVerse I was looking for some Japanese guys as that is the only country I use. Even though I would pick up Razan regardless it is nice to know I should give him a Cena push.

Joffy Laine.....This man has been hands down fantastic for me in my current RTG game. The guy was an instant figurehead and it's really easy to give him a Cena push and keep him over. He currently has a 59 pop in my home region and been doing 80-85 rated angles. No doubt somebody is going to poach him from me soon.

Archived