Montreal Aftermath Alt Mod

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ring the damn bell!" shouts Vince McMahon. Earl Hebner signals, the bell is wrung and all of Montreal is shocked. Shawn Michaels runs to the back with the belt while Bret rips up the set, spits in Vince's face and spells WCW to the crowd.

Backstage, Michaels and Hunter are hiding out backstage... "I didn't know!" Shawn is telling everyone. Vince is waiting in Gorilla, almost certain he's going to get punched out. Hart storms through the curtain- and wraps up Vince in a big bear hug. "You're a genius you sonofabitch" says Hart.

Vince is shocked... "You mean all that- the spitting in my face, the ripping up the set, that was a work? Who's the genius?" He's amazed, he's relieved- maybe the painful punch isn't going to happen.

Bret slicks back his sweaty hair. "Yeah Vince, it was a work. I figured out what you did about two seconds after Earl rang the bell. I'm only mad that I didn't think of it myself. You and Shawn get to be the biggest bad guys in the company, that kid Austin gets to shine and keep your eye on Rocky- he's gonna be the biggest star in the business someday. I'm going to Atlanta, gonna get some money. We both know they're a bunch of screw ups, so I might as well get some dough while I can. I'll see you in a few years, so take care of my kid brother and we'll do business down the road."

Bret walks into the back, shakes everyone's hand, wishes them luck... he grabs Austin and tells him to go raise some hell, shakes Shawn's head and tells him to go get some help... he might be the second best in the world behind Hart himself he says with a laugh.

The next night on Raw, Vince starts in the ring- but the crowd has picked up, this isn't Vince the Commentator... this is Mr. McMahon- the emperor has finally shown his true colors. "Last night, I didn't Screw Bret- Bret Screwed Bret" when storming out from the back come Davey and Owen... Owen flattens Vince with a punch and Shawn and Hunter come out to fight them off. Joining Shawn and Hunter are the New Age outlaws... the reinforced Degeneration X is beating down the angry Canadians... when the glass breaks. Degeneration X bails out of the ring, leaving a groggy Vince standing there. Double birds and STUNNER! Austin grabs the mic and tells Vince that Bret may be a pain in the ass, but Vince is a real sunabitch.

After commercial Austin is backstage, the IC belt over his shoulder... when suddenly he's jumped- he and Rock brawl backstage, setting the stage for him to fight the Nation's leader for the IC Belt. A tag match that night is made- Owen and Davey versus Hunter and Shawn in a no DQ match if the Hart foundation wins Owen gets a title shot at In Your House. Jim Ross is on commentary saying there's no way the Harts are going to get a fair fight- we all know that all of Degeneration X is going to get involved and Austin's beat to hell from the nation's attack.

The main event starts at 10:40 that night... and it quickly evolves into what everyone thinks it's going to be- a cheatfest with DX taking advantage of the no DQ stipulation. Austin comes out to try and even the score, but Rocky comes out again and the two brawl to the back... GONG!!! It's the Phenom- chokeslam to Billy Gunn. Chokeslam to Road Dogg. Davey clotheslines Hunter out of the ring. Shawn's tuning up the band... Sweet Chin Music- NO!!! Owen ducked... he ducked under... single leg takedown int he center of the ring and Owen's got Shawn in the middle of the ring with nowhere to go... he's fighting, he's fighting... Sharpshooter locked in- Shawn's got no where to go and he taps.

The next few months look the same- Shawn beats Owen instead of Shamrock at In Your House, Austin wins the Rumble and takes the belt and Shawn retains his belt, but injures his back in the process- Austin will take the belt at Mania while Hunter and Owen continue their feud. But Shawn doesn't have as many demons, Bret isn't quite so bitter and angry and he keeps a line of communication with Vince open.

Down in Atlanta, WCW continues to botch Bret's debut and booking. But in Kansas City, a scared Owen calls his brother who calls his old mentor... the Blue Blazer isn't going to rappel down from the rafters... rather it's Owen Hart charging out of the back and beats Godfather quickly... picks up the IC belt and throws it down. He takes out a hammer and slams it down on the treasured IC belt... "Vince you son of a bitch- you screwed my brother and you were screwing me with this stupid Blue Blazer shit.... no more. Consider yourself screwed every chance I get."

Fast forward a few years later... In Panama City Florida Shane McMahon says that a McMahon did indeed buy WCW, but it was Shane O'Mac. The War is still on, and leading the charge is the best general he can find. And standing behind Shane is Booker T with the big gold belt and the pink sunglasses wearing Bret Hart- the new General Manager of WCW. On July 2nd, Shane announces he's bought the last twenty minutes of Raw, or as he likes to call it- WCW Nitro. He'd also like to announce his first signing of the war- Owen Hart who will take on Booker T for the most prestigious belt in the world... the WCW Heavyweight Championship. Instead of the disaster of Buff Bagwell, it's the old WWF hand Owen Hart guiding Booker through the match and it's one for the ages. Years later, people will remember this as the start of a new golden age for wrestling.

WCW gets early wins with Bret convincing the guys Vince screwed over to come to WCW. He announces that he just signed a former WCW champion who never lost his belt, and out comes Chris Benoit a graduate of the dungeon. Quickly WCW becomes the hottest act as talent moves back and forth. WCW guys sitting at home picking up their checks call Stamford and say that they want in. At a pay per view for control of Smackdown, WCW Champion Owen Hart makes the man who coined the word Smackdown The ROCK tap out to the sharpshooter after Hulk Hogan and the NWO attack. Thursday Night Smackdown is no more... welcome the era of Thursday Nitro.

Nitro gets invaded shortly after though by ECW.. the people really screwed by Vince. Nitro becomes a battle ground with former ECW guys taking on former WCW guys with Paul Heyman calling Shane and Bret nothing more than WWF guys who screwed over ECW. WWF continues along with hot Raw shows with Rock, Hunter, Austin, Angle fighting off the poison of the NWO and WCW fighting ECW with some of the hottest stars. There's a new crop of free agents on the horizon- Paul Heyman introduces the next big thing to destroy WCW- BROCK LESNAR and WCW has no choice but to call up the man called Sting to defend it. Hunter introduces a new protégé- Randy Orton as well as the jewel he stole out from under WCW- Cody Rhodes- the son of the legendary Dusty Rhodes, and his manager Ric Flair. He's got the next generation of WWF stars and they're all his, while some white meat babyface named John Cena takes Kurt Angle to the limit in a display of Ruthless Agression.

Bret Hart is sitting in Vince's office sometime in late 2003, the two of them are laughing about how weird the last 6 years have been. Hunter got a call, he says Shawn is ready to come back. Bret's not happy about it, but maybe it's time to bury the hatchet after all. The Montreal Screw Job as it is called maybe the biggest moment in Wrestling Since Hulk Hogan won the belt. Both Monday Night Raw and Thursday Nitro are experiencing great ratings... Vince has 5.0's on his hand twice a week. Shane walks in and says he's been on the phone all morning- both Fox and NBC want to take Nitro off the UPN network and put them on broadcast TV. He even got a call from the AOL people who said that TNT had a spot open for wrestling but he told them to go to hell. Paul Heyman walks in... he says maybe it's time for the ECW/WCW war to end... there's never been an invasion angle quite like it and there are so many stars around he doesn't know how to book them all. Shane says I think I know an answer... what if ECW wins the war and takes Thurday Night, while WCW moves over to Wednesday night on NBC. There are still so many unexplored dream matches to have... the Rock and Hogan was epic, but what's going to happen when Stone Cold Steve Austin has to fight Bill Goldberg? Hunter's got this faction going... he calls it Evolution and he's really become the biggest heel around- Rocky wants to make movies and if Austin's going to be paired up with Goldberg, why not see if Hunter and Sting are gonna make some money. After all, Sting can say he's the guy who killed the nWo and now it's time to settle some scores with his old nemesis the dirtiest player in the game. Let ECW do it's thing in piece for a little while- Steph says she heard this kid Cena wrap and he's a heat magnet. Let him run wild on ECW for a while. Heyman says he thinks he can do something with him, but can he also have Eddie, Chavo, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Benoit and Angle? As much as he loves his ECW guys, I think the extreme thing's run it's course. Maybe a rename? "What are you going to call it Paul" asks Vince.

"I don't know... I kind of was making it up as I went back in the 90's... but we just bought the stuff from Minnesota?"

Vince is incredulous- "The AWA? Everyone's going to think it's 1989 again" he laughs.

"What the hell Vince- what's old is new again, right? Let Cena win the ECW belt and drop it- the same way Shane did 10 years ago. Brock and Cena are money and you know it."

The door swings shut- Vince McMahon and his loyal team are figuring out the future. Yes Paul Heyman is pushing the envelope, but he made a ton of money on Thursday Nights. Shane's learning from the best, and Steph is becoming better in the ring and learning the business side from her mother. The last thing anyone hears is Shane asking "Where do you think we'll be in 10 years Pop?"

"I plan on being in Boca on a boat with your mother, and it looks like you and your sister and yeah, even Hunter are going to get to do some work. But you got all the talent in the world at your fingertips.

Little do they know in Tennessee Jeff Jarrett is sitting down with Dixie Carter. They've just signed a deal with ABC Family and Disney- they thought they were going to go with Universal but that was before the whole Nitro thing with NBC. Either way, wrestling was going to be back in Orlando, Panda Energy was going to be paying the bills, and some pretty good young talent was starting to make waves. Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe and this kid AJ Styles- he's phenomenal. He still talks to some of his old buddies at WWF... Owen Hart's his best friend after all. There's gonna be some talent freeing up soon- not everyone is happy in the megacompany of WWF and would like a new chance.

"Who do you think we can get?" asked Dixie.

"Well, pretty much all the old ECW guys are going to be rotated out- I heard Paul is bringing over a bunch of guys... I bet we can get the Dudley boys to jump, Rhino, Raven... maybe even the Outlaws. Open the checkbook Dixie- it worked for Ted..."

<p>I like the idea of the inverted Screwjob where Michaels and his crew leave WWF instead of Bret. </p><p> </p><p>

However, to offset Michaels, Triple, Chyna etc leaving for WCW, to balance it out somewhat you'd need to bring in guys Bret would approve of. </p><p> </p><p>

Benoit and Jericho as follow Canadians would presumably be on Bret's good side, while I'd like to hope he wouldn't knock Saturn or Guerrero. </p><p> </p><p>

WWF under Bret and Austin becomes a promotion where the main eventers are fairly hard working and hard hitting, while in WCW it's more about personality. </p><p> </p><p>

Pillman remaining alive can also factor into this, and would further reinforce WWF shifting towards a high work rate. </p><p> </p><p>

Michaels, over in WCW, instead of losing his smile, sinks further into a bad attitude, but depending on the start date/balance you can have him do the equivalent of his WWF absence by having him take a hiatus from the business following a drug overdose.</p>

<p>I guess I'll throw out an idea as well.</p><p> </p><p>

So the screwjob happens. Bret and co. have now left WWF. However, contract negociations with WCW fall through. Bret and co. instead end up signing with ECW. This gives ECW a huge boost, allowing them to rise in popularity and money and therefore sign some other key wrestlers (who, though, I'll leave up to you guys). Now, instead of WWF vs. WCW in "the Monday Night Wars", there is a three-way battle for American wrestling supremacy!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scarletspeed7" data-cite="scarletspeed7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41997" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you go with Bret Hart retiring, name the mod "Bretxit"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, don't.</p>

"Ring the damn bell!" shouts Vince McMahon. Earl Hebner signals, the bell is wrung and all of Montreal is shocked. Shawn Michaels runs to the back with the belt while Bret rips up the set, spits in Vince's face and spells WCW to the crowd.

Backstage, Michaels and Hunter are hiding out backstage... "I didn't know!" Shawn is telling everyone. Vince is waiting in Gorilla, almost certain he's going to get punched out. Hart storms through the curtain- and wraps up Vince in a big bear hug. "You're a genius you sonofabitch" says Hart.

Vince is shocked... "You mean all that- the spitting in my face, the ripping up the set, that was a work? Who's the genius?" He's amazed, he's relieved- maybe the painful punch isn't going to happen.

Bret slicks back his sweaty hair. "Yeah Vince, it was a work. I figured out what you did about two seconds after Earl rang the bell. I'm only mad that I didn't think of it myself. You and Shawn get to be the biggest bad guys in the company, that kid Austin gets to shine and keep your eye on Rocky- he's gonna be the biggest star in the business someday. I'm going to Atlanta, gonna get some money. We both know they're a bunch of screw ups, so I might as well get some dough while I can. I'll see you in a few years, so take care of my kid brother and we'll do business down the road."

Bret walks into the back, shakes everyone's hand, wishes them luck... he grabs Austin and tells him to go raise some hell, shakes Shawn's head and tells him to go get some help... he might be the second best in the world behind Hart himself he says with a laugh.

The next night on Raw, Vince starts in the ring- but the crowd has picked up, this isn't Vince the Commentator... this is Mr. McMahon- the emperor has finally shown his true colors. "Last night, I didn't Screw Bret- Bret Screwed Bret" when storming out from the back come Davey and Owen... Owen flattens Vince with a punch and Shawn and Hunter come out to fight them off. Joining Shawn and Hunter are the New Age outlaws... the reinforced Degeneration X is beating down the angry Canadians... when the glass breaks. Degeneration X bails out of the ring, leaving a groggy Vince standing there. Double birds and STUNNER! Austin grabs the mic and tells Vince that Bret may be a pain in the ass, but Vince is a real sunabitch.

After commercial Austin is backstage, the IC belt over his shoulder... when suddenly he's jumped- he and Rock brawl backstage, setting the stage for him to fight the Nation's leader for the IC Belt. A tag match that night is made- Owen and Davey versus Hunter and Shawn in a no DQ match if the Hart foundation wins Owen gets a title shot at In Your House. Jim Ross is on commentary saying there's no way the Harts are going to get a fair fight- we all know that all of Degeneration X is going to get involved and Austin's beat to hell from the nation's attack.

The main event starts at 10:40 that night... and it quickly evolves into what everyone thinks it's going to be- a cheatfest with DX taking advantage of the no DQ stipulation. Austin comes out to try and even the score, but Rocky comes out again and the two brawl to the back... GONG!!! It's the Phenom- chokeslam to Billy Gunn. Chokeslam to Road Dogg. Davey clotheslines Hunter out of the ring. Shawn's tuning up the band... Sweet Chin Music- NO!!! Owen ducked... he ducked under... single leg takedown int he center of the ring and Owen's got Shawn in the middle of the ring with nowhere to go... he's fighting, he's fighting... Sharpshooter locked in- Shawn's got no where to go and he taps.

The next few months look the same- Shawn beats Owen instead of Shamrock at In Your House, Austin wins the Rumble and takes the belt and Shawn retains his belt, but injures his back in the process- Austin will take the belt at Mania while Hunter and Owen continue their feud. But Shawn doesn't have as many demons, Bret isn't quite so bitter and angry and he keeps a line of communication with Vince open.

Down in Atlanta, WCW continues to botch Bret's debut and booking. But in Kansas City, a scared Owen calls his brother who calls his old mentor... the Blue Blazer isn't going to rappel down from the rafters... rather it's Owen Hart charging out of the back and beats Godfather quickly... picks up the IC belt and throws it down. He takes out a hammer and slams it down on the treasured IC belt... "Vince you son of a bitch- you screwed my brother and you were screwing me with this stupid Blue Blazer shit.... no more. Consider yourself screwed every chance I get."

Fast forward a few years later... In Panama City Florida Shane McMahon says that a McMahon did indeed buy WCW, but it was Shane O'Mac. The War is still on, and leading the charge is the best general he can find. And standing behind Shane is Booker T with the big gold belt and the pink sunglasses wearing Bret Hart- the new General Manager of WCW. On July 2nd, Shane announces he's bought the last twenty minutes of Raw, or as he likes to call it- WCW Nitro. He'd also like to announce his first signing of the war- Owen Hart who will take on Booker T for the most prestigious belt in the world... the WCW Heavyweight Championship. Instead of the disaster of Buff Bagwell, it's the old WWF hand Owen Hart guiding Booker through the match and it's one for the ages. Years later, people will remember this as the start of a new golden age for wrestling.

WCW gets early wins with Bret convincing the guys Vince screwed over to come to WCW. He announces that he just signed a former WCW champion who never lost his belt, and out comes Chris Benoit a graduate of the dungeon. Quickly WCW becomes the hottest act as talent moves back and forth. WCW guys sitting at home picking up their checks call Stamford and say that they want in. At a pay per view for control of Smackdown, WCW Champion Owen Hart makes the man who coined the word Smackdown The ROCK tap out to the sharpshooter after Hulk Hogan and the NWO attack. Thursday Night Smackdown is no more... welcome the era of Thursday Nitro.

Nitro gets invaded shortly after though by ECW.. the people really screwed by Vince. Nitro becomes a battle ground with former ECW guys taking on former WCW guys with Paul Heyman calling Shane and Bret nothing more than WWF guys who screwed over ECW. WWF continues along with hot Raw shows with Rock, Hunter, Austin, Angle fighting off the poison of the NWO and WCW fighting ECW with some of the hottest stars. There's a new crop of free agents on the horizon- Paul Heyman introduces the next big thing to destroy WCW- BROCK LESNAR and WCW has no choice but to call up the man called Sting to defend it. Hunter introduces a new protégé- Randy Orton as well as the jewel he stole out from under WCW- Cody Rhodes- the son of the legendary Dusty Rhodes, and his manager Ric Flair. He's got the next generation of WWF stars and they're all his, while some white meat babyface named John Cena takes Kurt Angle to the limit in a display of Ruthless Agression.

Bret Hart is sitting in Vince's office sometime in late 2003, the two of them are laughing about how weird the last 6 years have been. Hunter got a call, he says Shawn is ready to come back. Bret's not happy about it, but maybe it's time to bury the hatchet after all. The Montreal Screw Job as it is called maybe the biggest moment in Wrestling Since Hulk Hogan won the belt. Both Monday Night Raw and Thursday Nitro are experiencing great ratings... Vince has 5.0's on his hand twice a week. Shane walks in and says he's been on the phone all morning- both Fox and NBC want to take Nitro off the UPN network and put them on broadcast TV. He even got a call from the AOL people who said that TNT had a spot open for wrestling but he told them to go to hell. Paul Heyman walks in... he says maybe it's time for the ECW/WCW war to end... there's never been an invasion angle quite like it and there are so many stars around he doesn't know how to book them all. Shane says I think I know an answer... what if ECW wins the war and takes Thurday Night, while WCW moves over to Wednesday night on NBC. There are still so many unexplored dream matches to have... the Rock and Hogan was epic, but what's going to happen when Stone Cold Steve Austin has to fight Bill Goldberg? Hunter's got this faction going... he calls it Evolution and he's really become the biggest heel around- Rocky wants to make movies and if Austin's going to be paired up with Goldberg, why not see if Hunter and Sting are gonna make some money. After all, Sting can say he's the guy who killed the nWo and now it's time to settle some scores with his old nemesis the dirtiest player in the game. Let ECW do it's thing in piece for a little while- Steph says she heard this kid Cena wrap and he's a heat magnet. Let him run wild on ECW for a while. Heyman says he thinks he can do something with him, but can he also have Eddie, Chavo, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Benoit and Angle? As much as he loves his ECW guys, I think the extreme thing's run it's course. Maybe a rename? "What are you going to call it Paul" asks Vince.

"I don't know... I kind of was making it up as I went back in the 90's... but we just bought the stuff from Minnesota?"

Vince is incredulous- "The AWA? Everyone's going to think it's 1989 again" he laughs.

"What the hell Vince- what's old is new again, right? Let Cena win the ECW belt and drop it- the same way Shane did 10 years ago. Brock and Cena are money and you know it."

The door swings shut- Vince McMahon and his loyal team are figuring out the future. Yes Paul Heyman is pushing the envelope, but he made a ton of money on Thursday Nights. Shane's learning from the best, and Steph is becoming better in the ring and learning the business side from her mother. The last thing anyone hears is Shane asking "Where do you think we'll be in 10 years Pop?"

"I plan on being in Boca on a boat with your mother, and it looks like you and your sister and yeah, even Hunter are going to get to do some work. But you got all the talent in the world at your fingertips.

Little do they know in Tennessee Jeff Jarrett is sitting down with Dixie Carter. They've just signed a deal with ABC Family and Disney- they thought they were going to go with Universal but that was before the whole Nitro thing with NBC. Either way, wrestling was going to be back in Orlando, Panda Energy was going to be paying the bills, and some pretty good young talent was starting to make waves. Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe and this kid AJ Styles- he's phenomenal. He still talks to some of his old buddies at WWF... Owen Hart's his best friend after all. There's gonna be some talent freeing up soon- not everyone is happy in the megacompany of WWF and would like a new chance.

"Who do you think we can get?" asked Dixie.

"Well, pretty much all the old ECW guys are going to be rotated out- I heard Paul is bringing over a bunch of guys... I bet we can get the Dudley boys to jump, Rhino, Raven... maybe even the Outlaws. Open the checkbook Dixie- it worked for Ted..."

I don't even care about my idea anymore. Book this one. Do it now! Pretty please. This is a brilliant idea.

After the huge reaction he gets at Canadian Stampede, Brian Pillman decides to turn his life around. He enters rehab, gets a clean bill of health, and, as far as backstage persona is concerned, is back to being the guy who Mick Foley said he used to be before the Loose Cannon gimmick took over his life. Friendly, creative, funny, and quotes daily Bible verses. Given that he has a connection to both Bret and Shawn (Bret via his Calgary days and Shawn thanks to empathizing with a small man trying to make it in pro wrestling) he is able to work out a deal with them so that Bret might just be willing to lose the title at Survivor Series, because now there is only tension between them instead of hatred. However, if something goes wrong between the two of them until then, all bets could be off. But Bret's contract is also still ticking down, so what happens there?

And boom, new alt version of November 1997, where Brian is alive and reformed of his drug use, and Harts vs. The Clique has downgraded to a simmering tension. But it could all change in a Hartbeat.

The Spit-Less Screwjob

- Instead of becoming filled with white hot rage that frothed into the spit that landed on Vince McMahon's face, Bret Hart's reaction to the Montreal Screwjob is a subdued, deeply depressed state of mind. Rather than sign the initials of World Championship Wrestling to end the Survivor Series 1997 Pay-Per-View, Hart remains slumped on the ground running his hand through his hair, stunned at the incident. It's at this moment that Bret Hart immediately decides he'll never step into a wrestling ring again for the rest of his live. Bret Hart retires immediately the following morning.

- Shocked and disturbed at the retirement of Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels contemplates his role in the incident and grows to resent the company and Championship belt he sent another man into retirement for. With best friends Scott Hall and Kevin Nash whispering in his ear of the benefits of joining the competition, his decision is an easy one: Shawn Michaels becomes the biggest defector to WCW since Hulk Hogan.

- With the loud and vocal backlash due to the retirement of Hart and subsequent defection of Michaels, Vincent Kennedy McMahon tells his writing staff and closest company men that it would be for the betterment of the product to remove himself from the on-screen product. He will never become the Mr. McMahon "character".

- Without the support and backing of celebrated main eventer Shawn Michaels and due to his association with the recent wave of defectors, Triple H is relegated to the midcard scene, Degeneration-X is broken up and he is passed over for any meaningful main event push for the foreseeable future.

- Stunned at his brother's sudden and premature retirement, Owen Hart takes a leave of absence from the World Wrestling Federation, granted by Vince McMahon himself. He does not return until over a year and a half later in June of 1999.

In layman's terms, Hart retires, HBK is in WCW, Owen is gone for a while, Triple H remains a midcarder (though I guess that would be totally controlled by the player), D-X is not a hotbed of the Attitude Era and you don't have the maniacal Mr. McMahon character to be a foil for Steve Austin.

This is fantastic, and quite a few things take place because of it.

1. Hart isn't concussed by Goldberg (Beginning of the End for Hart's career)

2. Owen lives

3. Steve Austin isn't nearly as spectacular as he would have been with the Mr. McMahon character

4. Triple H involved in the Scandal (Can impact him for years after, using the in game "Scandal" option in "Edit Database") causing him to, potentially, not get "married" to Stephanie later down the line.

5. Vince off camera (Multiple feuds dead (Present and Future ones))

6. HBK Newest WCW Star and doesn't retire due to back injury (Because it wouldn't have happened)

It can bring about many possibilities that definitely make this a interesting take on the screwjob that changed wrestling. I've also got an idea that could go along with his.

WWF title disgraced on WCW (Because Shawn brought it with him)

(This one isn't stated above in his whole suggestion, but it would make for a great dynamic. WWF Title being put in the trash or set on fire would make WCW look like the #1 company, making WWF look weak because of it. WWF would then make a new title, and crown it to the winner of the Royal Rumble, 2 months later, or at whatever came after Survivor Series in 1997)

<p>Got to say reading some of these ideas, I think the two best ideas so far are:</p><p>

1) Shawn gets screwed instead of Bret and leaves with fellow Kliq mates to WCW, Could have them join the nWo kicking out everyone else that isnt a kliq member. WWF stays family friendly rewarding in ring skills, WCW becomes more edgy rewarding personality and charisma</p><p> </p><p>

2) Bret gets screwed and starts up Stampede Wrestling instead of joining WCW, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart and Brian Pillman leave with him, guys like Edge, Christian and Rhino can establish themselfs, and guys like Bobby Rhoode and Eric Young have a place to become stars once they debut. Starting a threeway war for the the number 1 wrestling company</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jose13" data-cite="Jose13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41997" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What if instead of Bret being screwed in Canada by an American company someone like El Dandy(I don't know XD) gets screwed in Murica by a Mexican Conpany?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Who are You to doubt El Dandy, cos this guys a serious professional</p>

<p>What if the Curtain Call never happened? Hall and Nash still go to WCW and begin the nWo. However, without the heat on HHH, he wins the 1996 King of th Ring. Austin 3:16 doesn't happen.</p><p> </p><p>

Fast forward to Wrestlemania 13, Shawn Michaels still does his injury BS to get out of dropping the title and Bret Hart's fued with Steve Austin comes to an end with Bret dealing with the heelish Ringmaster. The Rock becomes the Rock in late spring and the heel turn catapults him to the 1997 King of the Ring.</p><p> </p><p>

By late 1997, it's clear that The Rock is the star of the future for the WWF, and it's only a matter of time before he's the next World Champ.</p><p> </p><p>

The Montreal Screwjob goes off as it did it real life. Bret leaves, and it's clear to the locker room that Shawn and The Rock are on a collision course for Wrestlemania 14.</p><p> </p><p>

The Aftermath sees Bret going off to the WCW and it's unclear if the rest of the Hart Foundation will be staying in New York once their contracts come up.</p><p> </p><p>

Mankind goes on a hiatus from the business.</p><p> </p><p>

Brian Pillman continues his Loose Cannon gimmcik. Is he still with Bischoff? Is he just an engine of choas?</p><p> </p><p>

Steve Austin, disenchanted with WWF and their use of him as a midcard mechanic is at a crossroads. He doesn't want to stay at WWF and he's damn sure not going back to WCW. Does the lure of old friend Paul Heyman bring him back to Philly? Does Steve try Japan?</p><p> </p><p>

In WCW, things aren't exactly going great for everyone, either. Randy Savage, tired of living in the shadow of Hulk Hogan yet again, decides he's made enough money and leaves WCW. In a last ditch effort to be the top star for a company, the Macho Man unleashes Extreme Madness for ECW.</p>

El Dandy was legitimately one of the best wrestlers on the planet in the early '90s. I know some people would go so far as to say he was better than Bret. I'm not one of them but there are some out there.

To be fair, I'm sure there are also people out there that swear up and down that the man with the 173-0 streak was Gillberg, but they aren't right either.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41997" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To be fair, I'm sure there are also people out there that swear up and down that the man with the 173-0 streak was Gillberg, but they aren't right either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/l0fLKAa3QFU?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="El Dandy vs. Angel Azteca"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> He <em>was </em>great though and it's a shame he's been reduced to a joke.</p>

<p>Hmmm...you know what? Looking at it, I actually sent the details to Know Your Enemy. I think that was when he was updating your 2001 mod or something. I sadly don't have the details saved as I had cleared my Sent Folder, but I'll try and post everything I had.</p><p> </p><p>

The Screwjob happened just like it did in real life. What changed was how Shawn handled it and a certain casket doesn't get put in the wrong place. HBK views the Screwjob as Vince viewing him as THE top dog in WWF so he is horrified at the push Vince gives Stone Cold knowing that he's going to be told to drop the title to him at WM. After a very long meeting with Vince and a few others in Creative, HBK makes it clear that Austin isn't the future, and plainly states that he's not going to drop the title to him ever. To say that Vince is irate is a huge understatement. He knows that he's losing the war to WCW and sees Austin as his only chance to save his company.</p><p> </p><p>

The post-Screwjob bookings go the same as real life with the exception that the Taker match isn't a casket match as HBK rightly views that as an opportunity for injury that Vince would just love to have happen. See, the following months had featured both Vince and Shawn becoming more and more paranoid that the other was going to screw him (in Vince's case) or injure him (in HBK's case). Shawn was so paranoid that he hired a guy specifically to check his harness every single time he would do his high-wire entrances. Shawn was adamant the entire time that he still wasn't going to drop the title to that WCW-reject at the biggest event in the world, and even Mark/Taker couldn't convince him to do it.</p><p> </p><p>

Now, it's WrestleMania, and Vince has broken the chart on stress level. He finally snaps and tells Austin and Hebner that if there's a chance to screw HBK, take it, and if Steve gets a little rough with Shawn, that will be fine too. Both of them are appalled at the thought of another Screwjob so soon thinking for sure that it will end the company. The match starts out fine, but a weird trend starts to surface, HBK is not working his usual style. He's not outright copying Ric Flair, but he's spending a lot of time working on Austin's legs. Commentary points out that Austin is clearly weaker there with the knee brace highlighting his past injury but still question why he's changed his style so much. The video never shows precisely when it happens, and thus, Vince can't prove that it was Shawn's fault, but Austin tore his ACL and MCL during the match. What was clear was that Shawn kept stomping away at it after the point Austin said he heard the pop. Stone Cold is out for 9 months, and the doctors aren't sure he'll ever be the same again.</p><p> </p><p>

Vince and Linda are trying to decide what is redder, his face or the bank balance of the WWF. The fans are absolutely ticked off at the loss of Austin, and even worse, there's no face besides Taker with any real pop. The fans had rejected a face Rock once before, and he had little hope that they'd warm up to him now. The decision was to try and reignite the Hart-HBK feud with Owen, but there was something that was going to hurt that.</p><p> </p><p>

That guy Shawn hired to check the harness starts seeing defects in not only the harness but also the cabling. At first, it isn't anything alarming or important, but it quickly devolves to the point that Shawn becomes convinced that this is a clear sign that Vince is trying to hurt or kill him. When Vince denies it, Shawn sues declaring unsafe working conditions and declares that the dirty laundry is going to finally see the light of day. And boy is the laundry basket really full. Vince counter-sues for him intentionally injuring Stone Cold at WM. That gets laughed out of court as again, there just wasn't clear evidence of him intentionally doing anything. However, some interesting documents get leaked to the media that will blow things up not only in the WWF but also at WCW...</p><p> </p><p>

It's uncovered that Kevin and Scott's contracts with WCW were negotiated with the help of Vince himself. He had thought that if he could plant both of them with horrible contracts, that it would drain Ted dry causing WCW to go under. There were also internal memos that featured Vince laughing about how those two dummies were going to bring WCW to its knees because neither of them could draw, and how he had continued to work with Kevin and Scott to get Eric Bischoff eating out of their hands. To say that Ted Turner was a happy man at all of this is a huge understatement. All 3 of them got immediate pink slips killing the NWO forever which alienated Hogan who declared that he was going to go film a movie for 6 months.</p><p> </p><p>

The lawsuit doesn't go Vince's way as his assertion that the only defects were manufacturer defects falls apart when additional memos come to light that state things like, "We have to get the belt off of him (Shawn) by any means necessary". Shawn gets punitive damages of $20 million which Vince states he doesn't have as the WWF is barely holding on as it is. Seeing no other way to keep wrestling and see any money, he negotiates 50% ownership in lieu of the $20 million. Vince agrees but states he's putting the other half up for sale immediately. A mystery buyer closes the deal 2 weeks before Summerslam. (For the record, it is not Turner, Eric, Hogan, Heyman, or anyone in the wrestling industry)</p><p> </p><p>

So, you are left with a low-National WWF that has HBK as World Champ, Austin is still out for 6 more months, and a whole lot of heels. WCW is a little better off as they had been winning, but now, most of the top of the card is gone. Good news is that the NWO is dead before it got horribly stale which ultimately killed WCW. Can you get their underused talent up to keep the company rolling? Maybe this is the opportunity Paul Heyman needs to breakthrough with ECW?</p>

Archived