Gaining Pop 0/0/0/0 fed

Hey guys, long time reader, very sporadic poster. I started a 0/0/0/0 fed, I am 6 years in and pulling a pretty decent profit. I started in new england, have a D- pop there. I now run 2 shows a month in new england to build up money, and then run 1 show a month in the tri state area (was at idk, maybe 13 percent pop from spillover?). I lose money on the tristate show but make up for it in new england.

Anyway, enough back story, I am trying to get my pop to E+ across america so I can negotiate a PPV deal. Are there any tips to build pop faster? I usually put on a C to C+ show and only gaining .4 pop in tri state per show. Does wrestling industry rating effect how much pop you get? I am in no regional war in tri state, but does having very low production values hurt me gaining pop?? I am wondering if its worth it to spend the extra money on production if it helps me gain pop faster. At my estimate its going to take atleast 7 more years in game to get a PPV deal.

<p>If there's any rival with better production values then yes, you're losing popularity (or suffering reduced gains) by looking amateurish in one or more areas. Depending on how much money you have, you can offset that by raising your production values, but if you have rivals way ahead of you, you may struggle to keep your finances straight. I can't match RIPW in my game; They have SWF's money behind them, like NXT with WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

In terms of spreading your popularity, using the Internet for distribution while running shows in every region (about once every two months, I think, to keep visibility up in each region) is the quickest way to rush popularity growth. If you don't physically show up in each region often enough, your popularity will drop to zero there - at least, this was how it worked in earlier versions. I've not been able to test it in '16.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42006" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there any tips to build pop faster?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only way I've found to build pop is to have a show that is at least 2 grades better than your current pop in the region. So if your pop in the region is E+ your show needs to be D or better to increase your pop.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42006" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually put on a C to C+ show and only gaining .4 pop in tri state per show. Does wrestling industry rating effect how much pop you get?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes the Wrestling industry does have an effect. From what I've seen if its below E you get only 0.2 pop for a good show. It's usually 0.4-0.5, but if the wrestling industry is above B you get 0.7-0.8 per show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42006" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I am in no regional war in tri state, but does having very low production values hurt me gaining pop?? </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Production Values do no directly affect your pop increase, but what they do is lower your show rating. So if you are 1 level lower in Production Values and Live Event Experience for example a show that should earn a C rating might only get a D+. This can drag down show ratings enough to prevent you from getting the full amount of pop.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. Looks like they def cut down the pop growth in this game. I remember in TEW 2010 being able to put on a show and get a 1.5 pop boost or more. Looks like its quite the grind, fun grind though.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

And thank you for the info on production. Im still pulling C shows or the rare C+ even with being dragged down by production penalties, so I should still be getting the max pop gain. </p><p> </p><p>

Just curious, anyone else start from nothing and eventually built up to PPV yet? I would love to hear your experience and how long in game it took you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thilonash76" data-cite="thilonash76" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42006" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the replies. Looks like they def cut down the pop growth in this game. I remember in TEW 2010 being able to put on a show and get a 1.5 pop boost or more. Looks like its quite the grind, fun grind though.<p> </p><p> </p><p> And thank you for the info on production. Im still pulling C shows or the rare C+ even with being dragged down by production penalties, so I should still be getting the max pop gain. </p><p> </p><p> Just curious, anyone else start from nothing and eventually built up to PPV yet? I would love to hear your experience and how long in game it took you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is a subgame that people created called the Road to Glory. You take a wrestler/user character you created and start with a 0/0/0/$1000 promotion and try to get the user character to headline an A+ graded match for a national or larger promotion. Some players include sticking with the original company as part of the rules. at least one has managed to get his company to national eventually.</p><p> </p><p> I currently have 2 open games that started this way. One is in April 2019 and is still at low small (E- popularity). The economy has been terrible preventing holding multiple events each month. The second I'm writing up as a dynasty. It has done better, but the dynasty is only posted through Sept 2016 when it was still local sized, but growing rapidly thanks to an A grade wrestling industry.</p><p> </p><p> You can find more about the Road to Glory in one of the other forums on this thread (I don't have it open in front of me to create a quick link.)</p>

Yah, much more on performance than pop

Traditional: Key feature

Mainstream low

comedy none

cult very low

risque none

modern medium

reslism medium

hyper realism none

hardcore very low

lucha libre key feature

pure none

daredevil low

Also quite favorable towards sponsership.

I didnt even really do it on purpose but it seams like alot of solid workers happen to have masks, leading to a huge amount of masked guys in my lucha fed, fits nice.

I have 36. I never use my user charecter, and have 2 refs, so really 33 workers. out of those, I have 1 manager, who happens to have a mask. So out of the 32 active wrestlers, 10 of them wear masks, and most of those I push pretty heavily and are the focus of my shows.

My main guy is El Mitico. I also have either in the main event or upper midcard Acid 2, amazing firefly, Angel de Mexico, Hurakan, Kuro Akuma, Moroi, and Samuel the accuser.

I also had La Estrella as my main heel but he got signed away to CGC :(

<p>I think +0.5 is the biggest pop growth you can get without TV. When the wrestling industry is less than 25 that goes down to +0.2 and if the industry is over 85 it goes up to + 0.8.</p><p> </p><p>

I found the best route forward from TriStates is to aim for an East Coast Today show - think you need 41 in three areas and Cult (don't have access to the game just now). I got New England up so we got Cult and then created a brand for the Mid-Atlantic. You should be printing money by now in the TriStates shows. Once you get East Coast Today your shows will improve the SouthEast and Mid-Atlantic, so move the Mid-Atlantic brand to Great Lakes to get the 5 areas to (47 pop?) you need to get on OnDemand. </p><p> </p><p>

The other option you could try is starting a brand in Mid South to use the spillover from that and the TriStates to get the 8 regions you need. That's a long haul though as the spillover won't be enough. and you'll have to tour around to get the pop you need .</p>

<p>Thanks for the suggestions. Ive played a bit more and what I am trying to do is probably the long route but feel like it will work out more in the end. Seeing as though im lucha based, I felt like it would be realistic to start running shows in the south. I basically split my roster up into North and South brands. North does my money shows in New England and once in awhile in Tri-state to just keep the pop up. I do shows in the South West, mid south, and puerto rico regions with my South brand. Only drawing 100 or so people, but I offset it by just sending my cheapest workers down there along with my IC champ and a good uppermidcarder. So pretty much I have my world title and tag titles on the main show, and my IC title as a defacto "South" champion. I hate the idea of two world titles, so this will do. The brand splitting is more just so my main event guys dont lose morale because they arent being booked as often. Once i get the 3 southern areas up to 30 percent, i can get </p><p> </p><p>

Soooooooooo im ranting so heres my outlook.</p><p> </p><p>

Create 2 brands. done.</p><p> </p><p>

Start running shows in the south untill i get Mid south, south West, and Puerto Rico to 30 percent- In progress</p><p> </p><p>

Get a TV deal on Los Deportes Hoy. At this point, i will have these 3 regions and new england at atleast E+. Will probably have Tri state also froms pillover. thats 5 regions so far</p><p> </p><p>

Run 1 monthly show in New England for money, and 2 monthly shows in another region to build up to 30, all of these broadcast on my tv show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

This will keep my 30pop (and actually grow it) in 3 of the regions without having to bounce back to it from time to time, while also increasing my mexico market.</p><p> </p><p>

Once i grind out a 30 across 8 regions, ill be able to get PPV on My Select USA which covers all 11 US regions. </p><p> </p><p>

Since you need D+ in 2 regions to move up to cult, looks like I should have all this in place while still regional. I think this is huge because to be able run nationwide PPVs at the start of cult will definitely help with the huge costs increase and help me Power through pretty fast onto National. From what I understand, if this is anything like previous games, making money at Cult is damn near impossible, the only goal is to get to national as quick as possible.</p><p> </p><p>

Last question though, can you have 1 tv show on 2 different networks? Im thinking that ill get Los Deportes Hoy first, but once I have nationwide PPV, and I get my East Regions up to D, I would like to run a TV show thats on both Los Deportes Hoy for pop gain and East Coast Today for some money as they are commercial. Any thoughts guys?</p>

Archived