Questions about hiring and extending workers

Hey everybody,

I am 3 game years into my CGC save which I am having a lot of fun with, but now contracts are up for extension and I am having a very hard time keeping my guys. It's nice, that the AI is more aggressive, which makes it more challenging, but there is some things I wonder about.

Is a stingy owner ever going to loosen the purse strings? Alex DeColt is prudent with money, which leads to me never being able to offer enough money and losing a lot of guys over this, even though the company is protfiting a cool 1.5-2m every month.

One thing that is very annoying about hiring guys is, that the AI completely sleeps on them, until I make an offer. Then EVERYBODY wants them. In my current game NOTBPW went bankrupt ages ago and some of their older guys were unemployed for months. I couldn't hire them because of an owner goal. But now that I can finally hire them, I get beaten up in the bidding wars. suppose there is no way around this or is there?

But now that I can finally hire them, I get beaten up in the bidding wars. suppose there is no way around this or is there?
In some cases, this actually mirrors real life. If every company knows you want a particular talent, at the very least, it might a talent they might also want, but if they don't want it, they could always deprive you of it, even if it is of no benefit to them.

Of course, because some companies bankrupt themselves doing this as well, this is a riskier proposition than it sounds.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="losttrem" data-cite="losttrem" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey everybody,<p> </p><p> I am 3 game years into my CGC save which I am having a lot of fun with, but now contracts are up for extension and I am having a very hard time keeping my guys. It's nice, that the AI is more aggressive, which makes it more challenging, but there is some things I wonder about.</p><p> </p><p> Is a stingy owner ever going to loosen the purse strings? Alex DeColt is prudent with money, which leads to me never being able to offer enough money and losing a lot of guys over this, even though the company is protfiting a cool 1.5-2m every month.</p><p> </p><p> One thing that is very annoying about hiring guys is, that the AI completely sleeps on them, until I make an offer. Then EVERYBODY wants them. In my current game NOTBPW went bankrupt ages ago and some of their older guys were unemployed for months. I couldn't hire them because of an owner goal. But now that I can finally hire them, I get beaten up in the bidding wars. suppose there is no way around this or is there?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Reason #1 that most of us don't play as anything but Owners outside of an RtG challenge side-game. It's just dumb that an owner that is making money hand over fist won't ever open the purse-strings to keep their top stars, especially now that Star Power and Overness are uber-critical.</p>

Reason #1 that most of us don't play as anything but Owners outside of an RtG challenge side-game. It's just dumb that an owner that is making money hand over fist won't ever open the purse-strings to keep their top stars, especially now that Star Power and Overness are uber-critical.

I don't know if it's dumb as much as it's something that would be nice to further understand or have explained...how AI owners "rationalize" not resigning top tier talent when it's imperative to the promotion's future success in winning a national battle or at the very least important to maintaining the status quo...

One thing that is very annoying about hiring guys is, that the AI completely sleeps on them, until I make an offer.

I got annoyed with this as well until I realized I am regularly doing it with guys on my shortlist. But like others, I pretty much always play as the owner mainly for this reason.

Archived